main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards & Contests RPF 2021 Awards Ceremony- Finale

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by QueenSabe7, Mar 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    OCC: My thanks and gratitude for the encouraging support. You know who you are.

[​IMG]

There was something comforting about the wing space. The green room was an ordered riot. Here, the mayhem continued, but the dark hid a lot of the crazy, machinery, and mastic. It helped one focus. He nodded to the stage hand and took a breath. A cool breeze wafted the curtains along with his hair through which he quickly combed his fingers before stepping into the follow-light. He watched the inevitable silver flecks and motes flicker in the bright spot lights, their glare having hidden the audience behind that veil of brilliant light. All seemed eerily quiet. He...Anakin, flashed a tight smile and nodded to those he knew to be beyond the motes that danced like snowflakes of Kavala.

"Ahem...Ah...We...are here to honor words, and those who paint with them," he said in his slow and measured way, panning the room and resting his prosthetic on the clear podium before him, his glance resolving from a few blinks against the brightness to a dark blue and sure gaze. "Words matter, spoken or written-words rich with meaning, words direct and sharp like shards of glass, or complex and particular, pert and rash! They demand our participation and make the act of creation eternal. Every time these strategically assembled words are read or spoken, they gather more nuance, delimit and define the mind's path, making us all, speaker, reader, and hearer, complicit in that creation. Creators building-painting with words, find just the right cadence and meaning, so perfect, they capture our minds, strike us as singular events, the communication, profoundly direct and resonant, fitting as none others before!"

Anakin waited, brushing the side of his nose with his index finger as he turned and anticipated the soigné lady gliding forward from the wing space, her green velvet fitted gown a foil for her abundant red-auburn hair. The moment was one out of sync. There was a sense of a near collision, as if something should be seized.

Adalia held the envelope in one hand as she listened for her que. When she heard it, she sashayed out, smoothing her green gown down as she went, stopping before the host. She looked him up and down knowing his future. With an incline of her head she handed the envelope across with a knowing half smile wondering if there was a way to stop that path. There was not, so she gracefully walked away with her knowledge.

The decided insouciance with which she presented the cream colored envelope was arresting. It compelled him to remain in her gaze, lips parted in an as yet unactualized thought that lingered long after the moment passed. The words left his lips as if spoken by someone other than himself, thanking her and offering a slight bow. Breaking, he watched as her haunting presence receded. The ambient sounds, colors, and silver flecks of dust hung in time-a strange lag out of which he wrestled and then turned. Looking out to the audience, he willed himself to smile as senses and time realigned.

Heart beating in his ears, Anakin again cleared his throat, opened the envelope’s wax seal with a quick slide of his index finger, stating simply,- "And so, the nominees who have created with "The Most Expansive Vocabulary" are @greyjedi125 and @Mitth_Fisto ." Again, he smiled and nodded to himself before looking up and announcing warmly, his soft baritone freer, "And the winner is- Greyjedi125!"

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002

“Oh…my…….”

From his seat somewhere in the audience, his lips formed into a perfect ‘o’ shape, having realized what had just occurred. He had attended the event, mostly to act as support to others, never intending for the spotlight to actually swivel to him.

‘Uhm, ok. You can do this.’ He said to himself as he got up from his seat and forced a ready smile upon his face, for the benefit of the occasion. This was an Award Celebration after all.

Much weighed on his mind of late, but for this moment, he would hold back that tide. As he went, he waved to those all around, some faces he recognized readily, others were familiar, while other still, were new and fresh.

For years, he had shunned the spotlight, but times had changed, for the better - at least that’s what he believed.

With measured steps he reached the podium and offered an officiously diplomatic bow to the presenter. His unassuming human form might be a surprise to most, clad as it were, in casual charcoal colored clothes.

His mind presently in the moment, time seemed to freeze as a sudden realization hit him, his eyes growing sizably large in recognition.

Wait….Anakin Skywalker!!?”

A myriad images flooded his mind, a plethora of memories and feelings which connected him to the Hero he’d read so much about and watched over the years. This was the Chosen One!

You’re here for an award, an inner voice reminded.

Right, right.

In the span of a few heartbeats, the moment passed, allowing him to release a centering breath.The ready smile remained etched upon his face.

“Thank you. Anakin.” He said, failing to convey the magnitude of his gratitude, to the one who had, in his own way, shown the way.

“Uh…and thank you everyone, for this honor.” he now turned, addressing the crowd.

“Well, uhm….yes. Words. The written word.” he began, trying to find the right manner to present his thoughts.

“To be honest, I do feel that there are others who are also deserving, much more than myself actually, still, I’m exceedingly flattered by your kindness. I’m simply long winded, as you’re about to find out. There’s nothing expansive about that.”

An awkward chuckle is given, but he manages to stay on topic.

“Indeed. Words are a great gift, a wondrous invention, amazing tools, magical even. Read the above post and you’ll see what I mean. I know I enjoyed it tremendously.”

A side glance and slight bow of appreciation is offered to Pash.

“So, what is it about words? In my mind, it is simple. Aside from the spoken word, we have the written word to aid us, to help us to connect, to feel. It is emotion that informs us, that lifts us, edifies us, or brings us down. Words can inspire, words can break, words are powerful. They have meaning, they have weight, they have consequence and they are important.

Very important.

"I find myself surrounded by each one of you, the ones who understand the responsibility of words. The writers and painters that craft worlds that transport us to magical and far away places, connect us to fantastic experiences beyond our mundane existence. You make us feel alive.

Reading words is an action that evokes a reaction.

And you. The readers, who validate the writers, without you, without the respect of an ‘audience’, words are powerless, meaningless and vain. In the end, we complete each other."

His smile grows wider as a melancholic expression washes over his countenance, before it fades like mist.

“So continue to write, to use words. To inspire, to connect us, to build-up one another. To paint worlds without number. That’s all I try to do.”

A nod of deep gratitude flows from him to all who are present.

“It’s been a long year, filled with many challenges, as you well know. Many of you have been instrumental in making that burden easier to bear. In truth, many of you have inspired me, and continue to do so, even now. I cannot thank you enough. Your words are like music to my ears, and I in turn, have simply joined the chorus…”

A pause.

“See I told you, long winded.” He half-jokes.

“To all the voices that have come and gone, and those who have yet to be heard, Three Cheers for the RPF!! Thank you!!”

Grey bows to the audience and begins to retreat, but then stops briefly.

“Oh!…And good luck against Darth Typo! The secret war goes on!!” A defiant fist is raised high, pumping the air.

At this he gives a chuckle, then he is simply gone.

Yes. It is true. All of it. The Force is strong with the RPF

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  3. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    After handing over Grey's sculpted award, Anakin gave him the podium and congratulated him on his well deserved win and also his inspiring acceptance speech. "Well done, @Greyjedi125!" He said, applauding as did Pash.

4. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Congratulations @greyjedi125 'tis an award well fitting of thine talents.

And as an aspiring wordsmith I find that this is not only an award event but also a 'feast of words', that intro by @pashatemur had me feeling like one of those silver specs, a single mote staring at the wondrous vastness of the RPF, the more I read the more awestruck I become.

5. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Ahsoka crinkled her nose with delight, dimples formed in her cheeks from smiling upon watching the stage where Anakin and Master GreyJedi stood.

The acceptance speech GreyJedi had given was beautifully crafted.

“Congratulations on your well deserved award.”

It would have been difficult to decide as both @greyjedi125 and @Mitth_Fisto write so wonderfully. Hopefully there be more chances to interact with both of you in one form or another.

6. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Congratulations @greyjedi125! As always, a well deserved win if there ever was one! ;) Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! :cool:

Glad to see you around as well, @pashatemur. :D

7. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    The very same, @Darth_Elu! Anymore fond hellos and we'll have to send out for "hot dogs and wine."

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Awoken by a droid sent to check on him, Sinre was conscious with a start, and knocked over a wine flute, catching it with a splash of what was left of its contents. Thankfully most of it had been drank. By him.

"Ah yes, I'm back!"

He hopped up to the stage, shooing off the others, a microphone-droid flittering around.

"Time for the Most Humorous GM Award!" He encouraged them to applaud as holograms one by one. "@Trieste!"

He pointed to the towering image.

"And -"

Another hologram.

"@Darth_Elu! And lastly!"

The third and final hologram -

"MYSELF!"

He applauded himself, as ever, more loudly and proudly than ever.

An envelope appeared in hand, and he went to throw it away. "I mean, do we even need to open it. I'll just take the award, I am the most fun GM we have after all." His other palm gestured for Adalia to hand him the award. "Let's get on with it."

Puts her hands on her hips, "'scuse me Sith Boy? I will take my sweet time about this and you, my frenemy will just deal with it!" Slowly she picks up the award.....reads it and smiles. "Well, well......" smirking now, "I know who didn't win." Turns to him and gives him a sickly sweet smile as she picks up the envelope and sashays over to him. "Here, read it an weep."

"Fine, fine," he rubbed his cheek, reddening as it was. "I'll open it."

His eyes widened a micrometer, but he grinned his way through it.

"DARTH ELU!"

He managed to keep that grin on his face as the crowd cheered the man to accept his award for Most Humorous GM.

Just.

"Congratulations my dear friend, you do so provide us with some chuckles, it would seem! A light in the otherwise murderous and violent RPF!" He clapped the mans shoulder. "Well done!"

9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Congratulastions @Darth_Elu , that's a Jamtastic win for sure!! :D

Sent from Dagobah System

10. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    *clears his throat*

It would certainly seem that I present some amusement to my fellow RPers. :p Good, Goooood. :emperor:

*eyes the stage uncertainly* ......Nope.

*raises hand to Force Pull the award to him from where he sits in the audience* Stage Fright and all that. ;)

But thank you everybody for this honor, I am glad I could bring some much needed laughter and entertainment to the RPF. :D

...*sits back down* That's all. :p

11. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    The hall rang with applause and the young Empress Marie-Celeste rose, clapping and smiling in concert with the capable and compassionate Lady Tano. She laughed softly to herself as @Darth_Elu accepted his award, remembering a certain episode involving the galant efforts of his Galen Marek and her request that he put her down, immediatly! She wondered if that memory remained with Elu.

Whatever the case, she was glad for him. Elu is a talented writer, always able to place the reader in the moment. This recognition was so well deserved. Humor is difficult to render, as dependent upon a fine sense of timing as it is, particularly in written form. Humor and humility had been rare commodities of late, thus she genuinely appreciated healthy doses of both. Bravo, Elu, bravo! There was no dearth of talent in the RPF! The presenters @Sinrebirth and @Adalia-Durron, too, were themselves no slouches, either!

12. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Congratulations Elu! :D

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Looking up from the dessert and over to Darth Elu’s table. Couldn’t help but smile at the unorthodox method of accepting the award. Was it really a curious case of stage fright? Or something other?

Either way, Ahsoka placed her hands together to clap.

“Congratulations @Darth_Elu!”

It takes a special set of skills to make people laugh and smile. To know when to hold back and when the right amount of levity is needed to break the tension.

14. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Well done @Darth_Elu - Clearly you can make 'em laugh!!

15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The curtains parted and allowed Enya to step out onto the stage. Her golden hair, her porcelain skin and sparkling blue eyes were enhanced by the spotlights, casting an ethereal glow about the ‘Lady of the Dawning Light’. The hem of her white gown faintly swished about her bare feet as she moved gracefully to the microphone.

She stood there, a stoic look on her face as she took in the audience. Once she was satisfied that she commanded the attention of everyone in the room, a small smile tugged at her edge of her red lips.

[​IMG]

“All journeys start with a first step. An ideal, a notion... circumstances born from beyond our control and diverges us onto paths we couldn’t have fathomed otherwise. We learn, we develop, we grow... At times we falter, we fail, we overcome, fall in love... until the final end.”

Her voice lingered as she allowed that to sink in. “You are but one thread. One thread out of many, woven together on the Loom of Fate.”

“These master weavers are fabricating such elaborate tapestries with our threads.... Master weavers that aspire themselves to be the next Athena. The next Arachne. Playing us and our emotions along every twist and turn, every bait and switch that culminations to a work of art.”

“I stand here before you in recognising such master weavers, these masters of game. Producing such tales of intricate complexity that we all wonder; What happens next? How does the story end?”

She gave a light smile. “The selected few of the Most Unpredictable Game Master award are as follows:

@Bravo , best known for the Star Wars: Intervention, Intervention: Echos In Eternity, Paradoxical Echoes and currently: The Kingdom.

@darthbernael , for premiering The Final Game: Story of Selenia

And @Sinrebirth , Master Artificer of the Sinre-verse...”

Her gaze lingered on each of the nominees.

“...what a tapestry you have woven.”

She looked to her left and held out her hand for the scroll. Unfurling the parchment. Her eyes glance over the scripture then returned her focus back to the audience.

“The chosen one of the three is Darth Bernael... congratulations on creating a world in which the fate of all hangs by a delicate thread...”

She then smiled. “...come forth and claim your prize.”

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Well well, seems allowing your players to kill each other is the way to get an award!

Congratulations @darthbernael

17. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Only paying partial attention to the awards, except to thank the winners, personally, the latest went by with barely a notice, not even hearing has his name was called. Only when @Adalia-Durron shouted out her congratulations did he look up, "Wait...WHAT?!?" Shaking his head, 'How, against @Bravo and @Sinrebirth, how did I win?' he thought, slowly making his way to the stage.

Stepping up, tucking scrolls and quills back into pockets, walking up to the podium. Glancing at the award, seeing the microphone. "Ummm, sorry it took a moment to register, head's buried in writing the Dune game. Honestly, this game wouldn't be anywhere without the players. Their antics and how they have written their characters have taken the story in all sorts of directions and allowed it to grow and flourish. So I have to thank them first and then thank everyone who voted for me. The other two nominated are excellent GM's so to win against them is an honor."

He took the award, a soft smile, "Thank you everyone, and" a slightly devious smile this time, "hope everyone survives to the end of Selenia." he said before following the directions as he walked off the stage.

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    More muttering........... Another character to die........lovely.

19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Congratulations @darthbernael =D==D==D=

A well deserved win!! You've put a new spin on the 'unexpected twist'!!! Here's hoping to make it to the finale of Selenia alive! LOL!! Excelsior my friend!!

20. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Congratulations @darthbernael!

Selenia is indeed an unpredictable beast. I expect the desert winds of Arrakis to be the same... ;)

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
  22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    “Are we all set?” Mirax asked Adalia as she did a once over to make sure everything was in place before stepping out onto the stage.

"Ready as I'll ever be, who'd we offend to get this gig?" Adalia wasn't big on dressing up, let alone performance art.

“Aden, probably.” Mirax gave a lopsided smirk. “Let’s knock ‘em dead.”

Adalia grinned. "Your gonna do that in that!" She indicated the dress her friend was wearing. "Come on, let's get this over with." Drawing a deep breath she stepped out on to the stage and keeping pace with Mirax, approached the centre of the stage.

[​IMG]

As they reached the microphone. Mirax paused to look out to the audience. She saw a few familiar smiling faces amongst them all. “Good evening.”

"I'm Adalia Tehanis-Durron and this stunning woman is Mirax Terrik-Horn...." She glanced at her counterpart.

“Thank you, Adalia.” Mirax smiled. “It is a pleasure to come together before you tonight to present an award...”

Adalia looked down at the screen in her hand then back to the audience. “The award, to be more specific, for the Most Promising New Role Player."

Mirax leaned in. “And the nominees are......" Turning to Adalia for her to name the first one.

"Ameteth, new to the game but definitely making their mark." Adalia looked to Mirax for the next name.

“And there’s CosmoHender...” Mirax added, “...who has dived in like a Mon Cala to water.”

Adalia glanced to her side and her purple domed R2 Unit rolled out, it's arm extended holding a gold envelope and stops at her feet. "Thank you Sparks." She said as she took the envelope and handed it to Mirax. "If you will?"

“Oh, thank you.” Mirax said as she received the golden envelope. Carefully lifting the seal, she slid the card out and held it so they both could read it.

“And the winner of the Most Promising New Roleplayer is...” Mirax started.

Adalia smiled and drew a breath to time it in unison with her friend.

"@CosmoHender!"

“Congratulations!” Mirax grinned and waved for them to come up to the stage.

Adalia opened a panel on Sparks and removed the trophy, holding it till the winner arrived.

23. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Delfi blinked. Had she dozed off? Oh, dear, how rude! Eyeing the empty bottles of champagne on the table, she decided that she had perhaps overindulged...just a teeny bit. But she wasn't drunk, no of course not. Just a bit squiffy. Still, it was time to pull back a bit. Everyone was applauding, so she did too, applauding madly and looking around to see who was making their way to the stage.

(Well done, @CosmoHender!)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  25. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    (Yes! Sorry, my notifications haven't always been working so I didn't see it before!)

*blinks a few times and goes up to the podium*

"Uh, wow. Thank you. I mean it, thank you. I remember hearing about the nomination and I was honored, but I didn't think I would actually end up getting awarded!"

*takes the trophy*

"Though obviously, none of this would be possible without @Sinrebirth. His Duel of the Fates game is the reason why I started roleplaying more on this site. I am currently in three of his games and I couldn't ask for a better GM. I also want to thank my fellow players. The combination of a good GM and a good group is what keeps me coming back for more. So once again, thank you."

*steps down*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.