main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards & Contests RPF 2021 Awards Ceremony- Finale

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by QueenSabe7, Mar 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    The stage lay in darkness.

The audience settled back into their seats, silent as they await the stage to light up for the next announcement.

A brilliant set of red eyes pierced through the darkness before the spotlight fell upon an approaching tall figure. Human in form save for the blue skin and the slick back, shiny, blue-black hair. His uniform crisp and white with gold epaulets on each shoulder. The rank plaque denoting that of an Imperial Grand Admiral.

He stopped at the microphone. Boots at shoulder space apart, arms folded behind his back as he surveyed the audience.

“Good evening.” The Grand Admiral articulated carefully. “I am perhaps unknown to you. I am Grand Admiral Thrawn of the Seventh Fleet, Commander of the Chommell Sector and on behalf of the Imperial Admiralty, I have been tasked with the honour of announcing and conferring a prestigious award to the Commander who has demonstrated exceptional skill and resourcefulness in artfully mustering their forces in the field of battle. Ever steadfast in a war of attrition under rapidly shifting conditions and events which threaten to derail their campaigns. And so it goes...”

Mitth’raw’nuruodo cast his eyes to the audience, his gaze singling out three individuals.

“The three Commanders who have distinguished themselves amongst their peers and have caught the attention of the Admiralty are Mand’alor @Bardan_Jusik - reports reveal this former Jedi, now converted into the ways of the Mandalorian culture, has lead several campaigns, achieving various and unorthodox results from their units...

Supreme Commander @darthbernael - a rising star on the Galaxy’s list of gifted commanders. Currently leading two campaigns and demonstrated consistent and gracious leadership skills, and is one to keep an eye on...

Thirdly, we have Grand General @Sinrebirth - Loyal son of the Empire, this commander has rallied a massive force loyal to his cause. He has lead them across a significant number of campaigns, unwavering against the march of time. One wonders what devilry is at work to drive such a consistently achieving figure.”

He smiled coolly and inclined his head.

“May a warrior’s fortune smile upon you all...”

Carefully lifting the wax seal of the envelope, he withdrew a slip of flimsiplast. Reading the aurebesh script carefully, he filed it back inside and closed the flap.
    “Grand General Sinrebirth, please make your way to the Dias. You have been awarded the highest honour of ‘Best Games Master’. Please come forth and accept.”

The orchestra started up the theme.

Mitth_Fisto, Sarge, Shadowsun and 4 others like this.
  2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    I figured it out!! He uses Genjutsu! He has cast his own Infinite Tsukuyomi upon us all, Run! Save yourselves!!!

*continues to yell in his dreams* [face_laugh] [face_hypnotized]

Congrats Commander @Sinrebirth =D= you inspire us all. ( and please, don't you dare wake us up, 'tis is a beautiful dreamscape you have created. )

3. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    No, no, no @greyjedi125

He uses the Power of Absolute Obedience Geass over us to make us join all his games. Similar ability...

[​IMG]

Has a strange sensation to join three more Sinrebirth games.

[face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized]

Congrats @Sinrebirth. Please stop making good games. Thank you. :D

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  4. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Wait wait, wait.

No....

First, congratulations @Sinrebirth

Second, no, stop making so many at the same time...not stop entirely. :p

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    “Devilry! Nay, merely a highly malleable and captive populace -“

Pauses.

“Oh I won? Best not reveal my secrets…” He grins. “But once again I would say that the winner is me only in the sense that the players I have oft tagged come through for me so often - no matter how zany the idea - and I do so very much appreciate it. You’re all stupendous players who for the very most part take all my twists and turns (and tortures) in good spirit. Thank you, RPF, you hath made a man very happy.”

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: White Eyes
    The Stage

In the middle of Sinrebirth crowing victory in the event, there was a sudden surge in the Force as a garrote grasped his throat and yanked him off the stage, sending him sprawling across a table and then off to the floor.

There was a brief moment of surprised silence, largely because there were probably some people who wanted to applaud!

It happens.

A black-cowled figure stepped to the dais, revealing that it was White Eyes - the pseudonym taken by Darth Sidious as he manipulated events across the Role Playing Forum - even after his supposed death at Endor, and another at Byss... thankfully his final death at Exegol had ended the threat...

[​IMG]

"My friends,"
    he rasped, smiling warmly, and thus, all the more eerily.

"We gather at last for the revelation of the ultimate roleplayer within the R P F." He spat the letters.

More crooning. "But we shall yet see which of you are truly worthy of such a title."

A flicker of his deformed hands, and a crimson envelope dropped into his hands with a gleeful cackle.

He curled half-fingers around the paper, drawing it open as he coughed to himself.

Eyes flashing yellow for a moment before returning white, he continued.

"The nominees..."

His free hand lifted them up from their chairs to stand atop their tables, for all to see, spotlights focusing on them with an furl and unfurl of his broken claws. @Mitth_Fisto, undoubtedly for his time as a myriad of roles, and sheer volume of nonhuman characters." Another spat sentence, spittle flying. "@darthbernael, having been seen to play multiple characters in any one game, across a wide range..." He seemed thoughtful for a moment and then drew up the third. "And @Mistress_Renata, likely for her piloting escapades for the Rebel scum." He seethed.

"And the winner..." His hand returned to the envelope and pinch the inner flimsi-paper between his sole complete finger and ruined thumb.

His lips soured.

"Mitth_Fisto.

The Best Roleplayer."

White Eyes discarded the envelope and stalked off, as another took the crown-shaped award and headed towards Mitth.

Applause rose up, engulfing the room.

7. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    W00 H00!!! The Maverick @Mitth_Fisto has won 'Best RPF Role Player'!! YESSSS!!!! =D==D==D=^:)^

Big Congratulations Mitthy!!! Earned and Deserved many times over!! Let-Us-Partay in his honor!!! [face_dancing][face_party][face_clown]

W00T!!! [face_peace]

8. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    WTG @Mitth_Fisto you’re an amazing writer and I’m always dazzled by your creativity. Thanks for sharing it with us! =D= [:D]

9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    removes White Eyes mask

I must say, @Mitth_Fisto, it's an extremely well earned award.

You truly are the Best Roleplayer.

PM C_O and I for your colours/VIPship etc :)

11. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
  12. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    *Stands up awkwardly from his place at a table near the back. Walking up with furtive glances to the left and the right as heat and warmth slowly fills his face, the pressure building upon his heart as joint by joint feels stiff and resistant to every motion.

*Doggedly he presses onward to the podium. His smile barely relaying at the edges of his eyes the grimace at being the one in the spotlight. Taking his spot to momentarily, with a wry grin wave at the room.*

"Just want to say thank you all. Pretty sure some people's fingers must of slipped on keying in the vote, considering the gaming powerhouses that I was in the running with." Pause for laughter. . .listens to the crickets a moment too long. "Accepting it from White Eyes has me thinking of an old song Blue Eyes Blue. . .that's off topic. Thank you all so much for this and I'm glad to be able to think some people enjoy the oddities of my mind as I rarely stay to type, but as they say - write what you know."

Scratches chin with a chuckle, "Martian Child sums up my character choice in the opening interview scene. The Dream we all have were there is this monster or and fights and battles that happen in our sleep. 'Only you see, I uh, I'm not the hero. You see I - uh - I'm the creature.' Gotta be one of my favorite and most related lines."

Clears throat at the blank stares he can feel just burning through his flesh to bore into his soul, how hasn't he fallen over yet? "Sorry, off topic again. Thank you all so much! I could only win this due to all of you! As iron sharpens iron so I am only as good as I am because of all of you! Thank You!"

*Does a quick fist pump into the air before loosely heading back to his seat. Every step a flowing conflagration of waving flesh over jarring bones as he feels simultaneously too heavy and too light from the brief moments in the spot light.*

13. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
  15. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    The crash of applause roused Delfi, who had dozed off, wondering what day it was. It seemed as if she'd been sitting here for months. But as she watched @Mitth_Fisto walk to the stage, she had to jump to her feet and join in. She knew all about the creativity of this man, and the honor was well deserved. As the audience settled back into their seats, she signaled the waiter. "Pitcher of water, pot of black coffee and some aspirin, please?" she asked. The waiter looked at the three empty champagne bottles, and nodded, silently gliding away.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Congratulations @Mitth_Fisto . You always bring something unique with each character you play. It has always been enjoyable to see.

A shout out to @Mistress_Renata and @darthbernael who are excellent writers and a joy to write along side too.

Definitely a difficult category to choose between as you all are winners to me :)

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Back at the broadcasting booth, the Genie spoke rapidly from the side of his mouth, imitating a sports reporter.

“All right folks, there you have it. What a night! What a night! A play by play recount of awards are as follows:

For the Special category:

For the Most category
    • Most Heartbreaking Death
      • Goddess Isha from the Final Game of Selenia - @Kurisan
    • Most Entertaining Duo or Group
      • Blueline, Casey and Zephyr of Marvel Heroes - galactic-vagabond422 and @Ameteth
    • Most Unsavoury Character
      • The Master of Masters of the Sinre-verse - Sinrebirth
    • Most Likeable Original or Canon Character
      • Zephyr Vailancourt of Marvel Heroes - Ameteth
    • Most Expansive Vocabulary
    • Most Humorous GM
    • Most Unpredictable GM
    • Most Promising New Roleplayer
    For the Best category
    • Best Original Character
    • Best Canon Character
      • HAL 9000 of Genesis Gate - Darth_Elu
    • Best RPG
      • Star Wars: Episode X: Duel of the Fates - Sinrebirth
    • Best GM
      • Sinrebirth
    • Best Roleplayer

Kudos to the lovely Rystáll Sant for hosting the red carpet.

The hosts dressed themselves for the evening, how talented of them?

They would love to thank the community for all their hard work and for making the RPF one of the best communities on this side of the multiverse. Special thanks also goes out to the guests we had on hand in presenting.

How about we send off this night with a bit of music?”

Double clap of hands, the Genie disappeared.

A poof of blue smoke on stage as the Genie appeared on stage in front of the audience. The orchestra started up with a small percussion solo.

“Thank you! Good night every body! Ciao, Auf Wiedersehen, Sayonara, Arrivederci!”

“You? Still here? Ah what the heck! After party! Whooo! Whooo! Whooo! Everyone! Transports outside will take you there! Let’s par-tay!”

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2021
    Mitth_Fisto, Ameteth, Sarge and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.