main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive RPF Activity Tracking Thread - Report for April-May Now In!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I think I might have an explanation for this slowdown. Besides the Summer which surely holds the major-responsibility. We have a lot of dying games, lately. Which leads to lesser posts but ALSO to frustration of players. Investing time and thought into a character only to find a game shut down and your storyline ended violently in the middle has a certain frustration in it.

I was accused to have made three players leave forever, when I vanished a while ago. I gave it thought and that is surely partial true.

Basically we have about 10 slow movers and five fast-movers in the RPF. The five most posted games were AFAS, 133, ManCubs, 11 ABY and 41 ABY in the last few month. AFAS went on hiatus, 11 ABY and 41 ABY had a break and in the NSWRPF Aria of the Soul was killed off. Some players found new games to participate in, but I was under the impression some players left altogether.

Right now I think we have no game where the majority of players participate in ANY board. Except AFAS, probably, who has seen many player leave, lately. Think about it.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Ouch. Now I feel a bit guilty.[face_beatup]

Clearly, the solution then would be to have someone start a really popular game.

... Dibs on not doing it.[face_tired]

3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    That wasn´t an accusation. Not AT ALL. Games die. Whatever the reasons are.

If anything is a problem here, it´s me and my likeminded GMs. I mean . . . I am in a "Club of GMs" who advocate more cinematic structured games with limited player numbers. If you limit players it´s only logical you´ll need more games to get the same amount of posts.

So, maybe we watch the signs of change here, actually.

Concerning the really popular game . . . these ones can happen any second, I think . . .

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    No worries, Fins, I was being more or less facetious.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.