main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive RPF Adoptions Program

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by milney, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    Welcome to the Roleplaying Forum Adoptions Program!

Hey there Newbies! ;) Are you feeling a bit lost? :confused: Are you intimidated by the sheer size of the Role Playing Forum? :rolleyes: Do you want to blend in quickly, make friends fast, learn to roleplay and game master, and avoid common rookie mistakes? [face_idea] Then you have certainly come to the right place! :D

Here you will find a collection of experienced and caring Oldbies who are dedicated to helping you learn the ways of the forum. Once you've been adopted, you'll be able to direct any question about the RPF, no matter how small or silly they may seem, to your adopter. So, get adopted today!

Joining is very easy: All you have to do is either post a message in this thread, or contact the coordinator directly, and announce that you would like to become an adoptee.

The adoptions coordinators, Handmaiden_Yane and milney, are your contact people for any and all adoptions-related questions and concerns. Also, NaboosPrincess , the RPF moderator, is available for help as well.
    The easiest way to contact us is by Private Message. Just click on any of their usernames and then hit ?Send Private Message? to contact them.

You then can choose between three different ways of getting adopted: You can
    1. choose a user from the list of "free oldbies waiting to adopt" posted below and contact them directly,
    2. wait for an oldbie to contact you or
    3. ask the coordinator to pair you up with a suitable adopter.
    In the third case, you may specify preferences towards your adopter (favorite boards, age, gender, location etc.) - the coordinator will try to find someone who matches your interests, however there is no guarantee that all of your wishes will be met.

Once you have been adopted (which should not take more than a few days at most), please inform the coordinator that you are "off the market", she will then make sure you and your adopter will be listed as an official adoptions pair. If you like, you can additionally announce your new status in your signature (e.g. "Adoptee of User X").

There is no time limit for the adoptions - you can stay with your adopter as long as you like, until you feel comfortable navigating the boards on your own. Should any problems arise during your adoption, please notify the coordinators immediately and she will do her best to clear up the situation quickly.

Oldbies who are interested in adopting a newbie can also sign up by posting a message in this thread or contacting either coordinator, Handmaiden_Yane or milney, in private.

Potential adopters must be registered users for at least five months and have a minimum post count of 500 posts. Oldbies may only adopt one newbie at a time; exceptions will only be granted with just cause.

There are three ways to get together with an adoptee: You can
    1. contact someone from the list of "free newbies" below
    (and any newbie who signed up recently and has not been added to the list yet of course),
    2. wait for a newbie to contact you or
    3. ask the coordinator to pair you up with a suitable adoptee.
    In the third case, you may specify preferences towards your adoptee (favorite boards, age, gender, location etc.) - the coordinator will try to find someone who matches your interests, but there is no guarantee that your wishes will be met.

Adopters are encouraged to visit the Rol

2. DarthWraith06

DarthWraith06 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2005
    Come and adopt a panda I mean newbie today.

3. Darth-Zame43

Darth-Zame43 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2004
    :cool:Nice list of "oldbies"(I do hate that word...)

4. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    Can I join that Oldbies list?

5. Macro_Roshuma

Macro_Roshuma Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    im a n00b! sign me up!

6. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm glad we've generated some interest. :)

Fyi, the Oldbies and Newbies list will both be updated Mondays and Thursdays.

7. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    Yep, Yane will be taking care of the Monday updates, I'll be taking care of the Thursday ones.

Yane, I've added Kast & Roshuma to the list ready for you to posdt on Monday :D

8. Cat_Orange

Cat_Orange Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 18, 2002
    When it comes to the RPF, I'm a n00b. :( So, would you mind signing me up for the n00bies list?

9. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I really like this idea. It is going to solve a lot of the noob problems that there are.

Can I make a suggestion? Maybe making this a sticky thread so the noobs can see it when they first enter?

darth_nemisis

10. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Unfortunately, threads can't be made stickies after the fact on these boards. They have to be specifically posted as such. But links have been added in all the sticky threads, so finding it shouldn't be an issue. Yane and milney have done an awesome job of getting this thing going.

11. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Oh, I see.

And yes they have. I can't wait til I get my first adoptee.

darth_nemisis

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So it has been posted. Fascinating.

13. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    Cat_Orange posted on 3/26/05 10:03pm
    When it comes to the RPF, I'm a n00b. [face_sad] So, would you mind signing me up for the n00bies list?
    [hr][/blockquote]

Done and done :D

Hopefully, we'll have made our first pairing by Monday's update.

14. Darth-Zame43

Darth-Zame43 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2004
    Sign me up as an oldbie if you will.

15. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    Done my little Gonni :p

It'll be in Yane's Monday update :D

16. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    put me on the noob list k?

17. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    The Oldbie and Newbie lists will be updated on Monday. Before milney's update on Thursday, please use Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to PM your requests to milney so he can post the first pairings. :)

18. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    You're added LV :D

19. dracuslos

dracuslos Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    Yay, I'm already on the list. Thx NP. Can't wait for the updated list. :)

And I hate that word too...lol...

20. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    Add me to the newbs list please, milney.

Cool, I never thought the thought of getting adopted could be so thrilling...

~ SquiSh

21. commadoe_fixer

commadoe_fixer Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    can someone sign me up

22. commadoe_fixer

commadoe_fixer Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    I need to be on the noob list

23. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    Squishy_Vic & commadoe_fixer, you've been added to the listings :D

Just as a reminder, Handmaiden_Yane is the other coordinator of the program. You can PM or message her to be added to the list aswell.

Yane will post the updated listing today sometime. On Thursday, I'll be posting the first of the pairings :D

24. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
  25. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    jello will you adopt me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.