main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive RPF Community Centre v.2.1 (Newcomers PLEASE READ)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Protege-of-Thrawn, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah! You earned it. :) :D

2. exodus411

exodus411 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2003
    Congradulations, NP!

3. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    NP is still deciding, but if anyone is at all interested in being in the new Harry Potter RPG PM me. It's going to be set in the first war starting when james and lily graduate from hogwarts.

we need at least 5 people to start, please let me know if you are interested

KG

NP edit: In the future, please post such notices in this thread

4. -Barada-

-Barada- Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2004
    Congrats Naboo Princess! :)

Here is a suggestion -- I was wondering if it were possible that each group that has been formed and is still running (Galactic Defenders, Sith Order, Mandalorian Warriors, etc) could receive their very own forum each? That way each RPer or group in general can hop and skip to wherever they need to go to interact with other groups or individuals that take place in the same basic timeline.

Yet still keep the general forum, where everyone participates presently in, reserved for specially designated SW RPG stories and Non-SW RPGs. Likely this suggestion is too time consuming but not at illogical. Eh?

5. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    It's a interesting suggestion, but unfortunately not really possible. It would be very difficult to make a case for creating an entire forum just for one (or a few) groups. We have the RPF, and the individual groups have their threads, which has always seemed to work pretty well. Keeping all the groups together in this one forum also encourages a sense of community that would be lost if we were to create multiple forums. ;)

6. -Barada-

-Barada- Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2004
    *gives the wet raspberry*

Yeah, okay...

*walks away sulking* :)

7. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    i agree with np

8. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    Idea!

The One RP per person is a good idea, mostly... But as users get really long invovled RPs going, and get a new idea, they are faced with, shut down the old and start the new, or forget doing a new RP... Could we put somthing in there where at the mods discresion they could allow a user a second RP? I know there are annoying users who are immature, and you don't want them starting a bunch of dumb pointless RPs, but couldn't you allow good RPers and users to start two RPs if they ask you first, just like with the non-SW RPs???

9. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    Let's be respectful when talking about our fellow RPers, GenOochy. The idea that there are "good" and "bad" roleplayers does nothing to help the community atomosphere we try to promote in here.

The one-RPP-per-person rule is there for many reasons, one of which is to prevent RPGs from being neglected by an overly-busy GM. I'm not saying it's impossible to run two RPGs at once, but it takes a great deal of effort. The rule is the fairest way to run things. If the idea for a new RPG is a good one, it's worth waiting for, right? :)

10. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    I agree with NP on this, I have a RP that sees a lot of action and from personal experience it is difficult to keep up with it at times. Granted others here probably could run many RPs at a time, but for most of us mere humans it would be difficult.

I could not even imagine having the responsibility of another RP, but on the other hand I very much enjoy others RP's because they give me a break from my own, plus they give inspiration for me to bring back to my RP.

EDIT: one last comment on something that NP said.

If the idea for a new RPG is a good one, it's worth waiting for, right?

Indeed, I have an idea for a new RP that I have been working on but since I already have a active RP I am deciding to wait. Once my RP dies off I will start this new one, and it will be worth it, for me atleast.

11. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    Booster was talking about starting a 2.0 soon of the Galatic Defenders and the NSO... Maybe Ceifer could start 2.0 of the Sith...

12. RaysonBarbarossa

RaysonBarbarossa Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2004
    Hey everyone, I don't know if anyone here remembers me, but I used to have an OLD, sn under the name of Rayson, of which I can't seem to log into. Well, I must say It's been a long time since I was on the forums. I havn't played on here since WOTG closed. I know a few people will remember me, as I registered back in March of 2000. I see we have a new moderator (new to me), last time I was here PoT was still moderating.

13. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    Welcome back to the RPF, Rayson! If you want to login into your old screename, you might try PMing an admin. They can often help in those situations, recovering passwords and such. You should also stop by our social thread sometime and say hello. :)

14. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    PoT's still my mod.

15. exodus411

exodus411 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2003
    What was the point of that post, LV? :confused:

16. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Heh heh, Yes, what was the point.

Thx anyway Naboo, but DS5 already knew that Raven was the technical manager on the RPF :). Now if you'll excuse me, back to writing up my new RPG [face_devil]

17. -Lord-Vader-

Jan 15, 2003
    Posts dont have points, they are very dull to the touch. If they had points, they would be sharp!

Ouchie!

18. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Around the Boards in 80 Days
    recounted by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

A long time ago on a board far, far away...

In the beginning, two great factions emerged from the primordial soup of the land named EUC. There was the great and benevolent Imperial Navy ruled by a demi-troll whom the Mods have come to call, General_Veers, and quickly vanquished to the land of Bandom. But the great GrandAdmiralJello rose up and quickly took the reins of the great nation and kept it from disappearing into the sands of time. Then there was the small but gaudy Rebel Alliance created by the mortals Fire_Ice_Death and Ben_Skywalker to challenge the ever-present and ever-growing Imperial Navy. It did not take long for these two great factions to pit man and lightsaber, wookiee and bowcaster against each other.

For days these two great nations waged war against each other in what came to be known as the Great EUC Civil War. Soon the vicious and bloodthirsty Yuuzhan Vong Military Force were drawn into the conflict and began to pillage and rape the lands of the Imperial Navy. Greed and glory quickly attracted others to gather and create their own forces in the hopes to capture fame and power. Pirates and smugglers, Sith and Jedi soon spread the conflict all across the lands until there was no place untouched by the great war.

Frustrated with the chaos of the war, the despicable Kadue, an evil worshiper of the Mods from downunder with six horns on his crown and six eyes with six arms on a scalely body, cried out to his patron Mods to strike down our heros and cast them out into the great unknown! The evil Kadue watched on with glee as a great exodus was made across the JC world to the land of the Games: RPG.

There we had hoped to seek sanctuary from the vile and vindictive Kadue, but his evil magiks reached us even there. A week had not even passed before the great armies of the Mods marched into the land and began to burn and destroy our rebuilt civilizations. Fearing for our lives we fled from the Games: RPG land and journeyed for days on end for a new home all the while the evil armies of the Mods hounded us just out of sight.

As we ventured into the quiet and out of the way land of Fan Fiction, the beating war drums of the followers of Kadue began to fade away in the distance. At last we had thought we found our promised land and so we started to resettle in the great valley. But once more we are plagued with devistation as a great flood of Fan Fics drowned many of our people. In desperation and cursing the evil Kadue for all the pains and misery he has caused us, we built a great ark and traveled far and wide across the great Internet Ocean searching forever for a new homeland.

Our hopes were almost lost in the great sea until a young follower named Anonymous_Jedi emerged from below deck and said: "Dispair not my friends for I have been gifted by the great Huggard and with His power bestowed through this credit card, I shall create us a new homeland!" And so Anonymous_Jedi raised the credit card to the dark sky and muttered words of magik and as he promised the sky parted to reveal a great and lush land.

The Land of Saraquest!

For months we rejoiced and played in the green meadows of this great land. But unbeknowest to the common folk and only known to Our Savior, Anonymous_Jedi, there lurked an evil in the deepest and darkest caves of Saraquest. Hoping to vanquish this new threat before it could emerge, Anonymous_Jedi ventured into the caves to do battle with the monster within. But the great beast was too much for him and soon a plague spread across our new land. Many perished and whole civilizations disappeared as this monster ravaged our land. Our Savior tried to battle this beast with the power of Huggard, but in the final battle the Server Monster slew Our Savior by attacking his pocket.

We tried to vanquish this beast ourselves but seeing that our great land was going to go the way of Atlantis, a hero emerged from us and went forth to challenge the Mods on Mount JC to acquire our promised lan

19. PadawanEmily

PadawanEmily Jedi Master star 8

Oct 18, 2003
    Someone should start up a Harry Potter RPG again. I'd be willing to help anyone interested.

20. Juno_Epsilon

Juno_Epsilon Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    .......*Blinks*...... wow anyone believe I haven't tuched a computer in 7 months (10ish since I RP'ed) .... So this is a call I'd like to do something in the RP again. I was once playing WoTG and have tried other small RP's that just didn't go the right way.

Anyway insted of rambling on this is my plea.... HELP!!! :eek: I feel like a newcomer again and am lost :( . So if anyone out there would give me a hand. Drop a PM to me, especially anyone that I might have RP'ed with before ( A familar face would be nice) . Thanks all.

Juno Epsilon

a~k~a

Geordie

21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    ...haven't seen you in a while.

22. Juno_Epsilon

Juno_Epsilon Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    Thanks it's been a while... ;)

23. -Lord-Vader-

Jan 15, 2003
    This is a pretty lame community center.

24. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    NP edit: That was uncalled for.

On-topic discussion is appreciated, especially since this is a sticky thread. :) I'm sorry you think it's lame, LV.

25. -Lord-Vader-

Jan 15, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.