main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RPF Lightsaber Combat thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthKakarot, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora in Training Courtyard

Nosrep looked with approval on Vanora's latest pose.

"So you must be tactical when using it. Every strike must have a purpose. You must plan three steps ahead, lure them into a position that fits your endgame."

Nosrep then tested Vanora's reflexes by delivering three fast slashes at her abdomen.

Vanora swiftly and deftly moved her saber point upwards in a triangular sweep to counter each move of the other.

@ConservativeJedi321

OOC: =P~ That bit of advice about endgame and strategy sounded like Thrawn. :) [face_sigh]

2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    OOC: Honestly that was completely unintentional.:p

IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Temple of Light; Training Courtyard.

The Ongree did not slow his strikes as the spar picked up pace. He pushed himself, and his apprentice ever so slightly further. Already he felt a bead of sweat on his chin, it had been some time since he had a proper spar. This would do him good as a refresher, just as it does his apprentice good for a learning experience.
    With a fast feint low, Semajj immediately offered two quick jabs at Vanora's head.

"You're blade must become an impenetrable wall." Semajj elaborated. "Though you are likely more agile than I, so dodges may be just as effective in your case. Whatever is the least costly way to avoid being struck."

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

The Vanguard and Sarge like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora-- in Training Courtyard

Vanora feels as if she is able to more or less keep up with Nosrep's moves, but she is also keenly aware of his expert and adept skills.
    With a fast, low-aimed feint, Semajj immediately offered two quick jabs at Vanora's head.
    "Your blade must become an impenetrable wall. Though you are likely more agile than I, so dodges may be just as effective in your case. Whatever is the least costly way to avoid being struck."

Vanora is prepared: she adroitly moves her saber to a position above her head, on a horizontal axis.
    Then she moves back to the opening pose with a double-handed grasp.

@ConservativeJedi321

4. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

"Effective." Semajj granted, as he recoiled his blade. "Be sure to use you're environment to your advantage..." He opened his mouth as if to speak again, but immediately crouched low, kicking his double jointed right leg towards her left knee in an attempt to off balance her.

"Do not get lulled into patterns." The Ongree stated flatly as he simultaneously struck his blade at her arms. "Stay alert. True battles can be unpredictable. Your sequences can offer you some liberty, so you don't have to improvise. But when the unexpected strikes you must be ready to meet it."

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    The Vanguard and Sarge like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora in Courtyard

Nosrep allowed: "Effective. Be sure to use your environment to your advantage..."

There was a brief pause.

Suddenly, he crouched low, kicking his double jointed right leg towards her left knee in an attempt to off balance her. At the same time, he aimed his blade at her arms.

"Do not get lulled into patterns. Stay alert. True battles can be unpredictable. Your sequences can offer you some liberty, so you don't have to improvise. But when the unexpected strikes you must be ready to meet it."

Stang, but this one is really good, Vanora assessed, thinking fast.

Vanora leapt to the side while at the same time sending her saber in a spinning spiral so that the aim went sideways into one of the absorbent side walls.

@ConservativeJedi321

6. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

The Ongree smiled at his apprentices creative escape, it reminded him of something he would have done when he was a Padawan.
    But he said nothing, and did not hesitate recalling his lightsaber blade back into attack position after her creative block.
    Instanty leaping forward on the attack, striking at the seemingly off balanced Vanora.
    Intending a mark of contact in the abdomen, and an end to their fight.

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

The Vanguard likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora In Training Courtyard

Vanora noticed with pleasure Nosrep's smile at her most recent maneuver. As he aimed his blade towards her abdomen, she parried so that the blades' beams intersected and both went ricocheting upwards.

Her stomach rumbled; all this exertion was working up an appetite. Vanora would love to have a tok-nut butter or choco-spread on a fluffy roll with beeble-berries and whipped cream.

@ConservativeJedi321

The Vanguard likes this.
  8. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

The Ongree raised his blade above his head, as if to attack again. But ultimately lowered it in a Jedi salute.
    "I am impressed by your creativity Vanora. Your understanding of Form III is remarkable."
    He deactivated his blade, and offered a formal bow.

"You have progressed far in a short period of time. There is still much for you to learn however, expanding ones abilities is a lifelong task. However as you are studying to be a consular, it seems appropriate that this session has given you ample opportunity to learn your chosen form. It is up to you to be sure that you do not neglect your study of it going forward, even as your primary focus remains with the force."

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora, Temple of Light; Training Courtyard

Nosrep saluted Vanora & deactivated his blade and made a formal bow. Vanora beamed as he gave her what she knew was not offhand commendation:

"I am impressed by your creativity Vanora. Your understanding of Form III is remarkable. You have progressed far in a short period of time. There is still much for you to learn however, expanding ones abilities is a lifelong task. However as you are studying to be a consular, it seems appropriate that this session has given you ample opportunity to learn your chosen form. It is up to you to be sure that you do not neglect your study of it going forward, even as your primary focus remains with the force."

She answered with deep pleasure, returning her training saber to the lock-safe: "I have studied the techniques and battles of Masters Yoda & Luke Skywalker, as well as that of Mara Jade-Skywalker, who was nothing if not inventive in a spar."

OOC: L/M are one of my Legends OTPs, still & always. [face_love]
    @ConservativeJedi321 :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  10. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Darth Cruor
    Korriban

Though Horuset was almost fully set the heat of the day had not dissipated, it would very quickly however. The darkness always brought with it winds and a bitter cold, but sun baked sands fended it off for a bit longer. Not that it mattered to him, heat and cold had long ago stopped being a concern. Most others wouldn't even be found this far into the wilds at dusk, the dangers were many and real, and the chance of survival low.

Most of the creatures here would avoid him though, even they could sense the power within him. In many ways, the beasts of the wastelands were wiser than even the craftiest of Sith, the thought made his head turn slightly. His eyes met those of a massive wolf who lay on the ground a short distance away, it's mouth slightly open and revealing deadly teeth as it panted lightly, and fur as black as the night.

"Woyunoks." Darth Cruor said, in ancient Sith. It's name, the creature growled low in response, it hated it. Woyunoks, it was the Sith word for "Little One". The Sith Spawn Loth-Wolf earned the name as a pup, it was the runt of the litter, but small as he was there was none more ruthless. Woyunoks now stood almost six feet at the shoulder, taller than most men, and far more useful. The wolf looked away, annoyed at it's master.

Darth Cruor's gaze followed, sweeping over the vast expanse of the Korriban wastelands, finally resting upon the Sith Temple complex in the far off distance. The shadow of dusk gave it an ominous appearance, but to one like he there was nothing to fear within those ancient walls. Over the course of his life this place had come to mean something to him, no matter where he found himself something deep inside always pulled him back to here.

It was here that he was born anew, christened Darth Cruor by his Lord and Master, reborn as Sith in a place holy to the gods of old. It was here that his new order of Sith was founded, where it flourished, and where it birthed countless orders and empires to try and fill the void of it's absence. It was here that he passed, for the first time, into the peace of oblivion and where he rose again to serve those who carried on the legacy of the Sith.

He looked towards the Great Temple for a long time, long after Horuset had left the sky, long after the stars began to shine. He watched, but did not know what he hoped to see. It was Woyunoks that drew him from his watch, the wolf growling loudly in protest to the growing winds. Darth Cruor looked to the beast, yes, he was ready to go as well. A motion of his hand got the wolf to rise and come to it's master, though massive it was still much shorter than the Sith'ari.

The Dark Lord of the Sith looked to the Temple one last time, then placed his hand on the back of Woyunoks and was gone. The Sith Spawn Loth-Wolf had taken them both to another place, another time, where they will meet with friends both new and old.

MTDSBWY ~ [face_devil]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  11. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Hello WookieeRage , I want to apologize on behalf of myself. I went into hiatus (in-active) during this duel and thus left the duel in uncertain status. I wish to apologize, I had personal reasons I had to be absent from the forums. I implore your forgiveness:

I award you the duel points, and victory in this duel.

I do want to make clear I was a Jedi Exile, I had no rank in The New Jedi Trials 3.0 and I had not yet joined GoL (which I just joined March, 2019). My actions during this Geonosis Arena Duel were completely my own and not reflected on any of the Jedi Orders.

Once more, my apologies and may I say in Han Solo tone, “The Wookiee Won.” :)

TAG: @WookieeRage

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  12. Rogue Sith

Rogue Sith Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2019
    IC: Rogue Sith

L
    one fighter of unknown origins lands on a cracked and ruined landing pad. Winds of terrible feriousity blows around the ships canopy making it whistle. Hydraulics on the canopy whine as they try to hold it in place as the heavily wrapped figure climbs out and onto the ground. Using the force the figure to himself in-place as his wrappings whip and snap. After what seemed like a very long time, he moved with some troubles but progress was still made.
    Upon coming to the broken and wrecked doors and raising a hand towards them. Rubble and large pieces a like, begin to shudder and move till centries of dust and dirt fall away, allowing a large piece to move away to fall heavily back to the ground. Reaching for his communication device, to call in eight drop ship full of workers and droids. Stepping into the shadows of the Dueling Arena, he eyes the desaster that is inside.
    I reach out in the force to feel and sense if anything has remained.

13. Rogue Sith

Rogue Sith Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2019
    IC: Rogue Sith
    Pain, anguish, loss, triumph still can be felt in this place. "I ... I remember this place", as I step forward. The winds die down and sounds of ships coming in. First of the workers comes in, without turning around, "Fix the doors first with our best alloys and barriers. This place will be more grandeur than ever before", before I move deeper into the arena. My hand strokes one of my sabers and thinks back fondly of those passed centuries. The men and women from all walks of life and species that graced these walls, had come here to battle, practice their arts. Sighing, I moved even deeper and into the shadows, while construction workers and droids alike, do my bidding.

The Vanguard and greyjedi125 like this.
  14. Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus,
    Sith Arena

Its been ages since the kaminoan has been in the Arena, been busy studying the Ancient Texts of the Sith or sparring with droids when not on missions for the Sith Empire. Darth Cocytus has been crippled since his last time, lost parts of his brain and an arm, replaced with cybernetics, yet at the same time his power and knowledge grew in compensation. It was about time he put his knew found prowess to the test against a worthy opponent, and show them the true power of the Dark Side.

Cocytus walked towards the center of the arena and looked around. The place was empty and his opponent has not yet arrived. The kaminoan made a little smirk and sat down crossed legged. Closing his eyes, Darth Cocytus went into meditation on the dark side. The air around him dropped to fridged temperatures and frost grew on the floor and walls as he waited for whoever wanted to face him.

@SithOverlord101

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  15. Silvertough

Silvertough Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2018
    Darth Vyatoris
    Sith Temple

Vyatoris let out a loud yawn, accompanied by a satisfying series of pops as he stretched out his limbs. The Miraluka rubbed at his temples halfheartedly, in some vain attempt to relieve some of the exhaustion which had swept his mind. He grimaced, eyeing the half-rotted scrap of parchment in his hands with disdain. Because why would we want to preserve ancient treatises in a climate controlled room? That would be far too easy wouldn't it? Vyatoris thought, carefully returning the parchment from where it had come from.

With a final sigh, he rose from his seat, drawing his robe close in the process. Something was off, the previously damp air of the chamber had slowly but surely cooled, eventually turning crisp. Which ultimately meant one thing; Cocytus had returned. Vyatoris shook his head, vanquishing the rising disgust bubbling within as his breath became visible in the cold air. Sure, let's then just freeze everything! Why do I even bother!?

Each footfall of Vyatoris' boots landed with a noticeable snap-hiss as the freezing ground underneath was flash cooked in unchecked anger. The Temple's Arena lay ahead, it's massive stone archway beginning to show cracks as frozen water slowly penetrated deep within. Did Vyatoris have a plan? No, not in the slightest. Did he have a chance of surviving a duel against Darth Cocytus? Again, most likely not. Vyatoris was but a mere apprentice, a bookworm who rarely ventured out from the archives, and Darth Cocytus was a battle-hardened warrior known across the galaxy for his prowess..

Vyatoris strode out into the open arena his fists clenched into tight balls, glaring at the seated Sith before him.

"Darth Cocytus!" He snarled, a silver lightsaber hilt snapping into his right palm from a hidden holster within his sleeve. " I demand a duel!"

Did he have a chance in surviving? Well, there was only one way to find out..

@Darth Cocytus , @SithOverlord101

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Darth Cocytus likes this.
  16. Darth Cocytus

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus

Cocytus's eyes peeled open from his meditation and he made a small unnoticeable smirk at the sight of his challenger. Who was this one now? Vyiortis? Vyatoris? One of the little "padawans", at least. The kaminoan didn't bother with names except with those he went on personal missions with. He didn't socialize outside of that, or whatever feast Insipid wanted to throw. So much time studying the texts (Of which Cocytus made, and is still making, personal copies for himself in his free time. If the Sith Temple refused to upgrade then he will have to self accommodate in better preserving the texts for the next thousand generations of Sith.). So much time personally training or meditating.

Cocytus slowly and gracefully stood up, his tall slender, and nearly mummified looking body, hiding his relative youth, towering over Vyatoris with glowing yellow eyes. "Your move." He said softly, a bit of playfulness in his cold voice as he summoned his twin curved lightsabers, each glowing red upon reaching his palms and got into a defensive stance, "Watch your step... Is someone else coming, though?"

@Silvertough @SithOverlord101

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Insipid

The shadows became my face.

The shadows embraced.

The shadows is all I taste.

The shadows is all I pace.

Watching these three.

From the shadows.

TAG: @Silvertough, @SithOverlord101, @Darth Cocytus

18. Darth Cocytus

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus

Cocytus was once again sitting in a meditation position, lightsabers in hand as he waited for the other challenger to arrive. As he waited and counted, seconds turned into minutes and soon a half hour went by. All the while the bitter, icy chill radiating from the Sith Inquisitor throughout the arena grew no less bitter. The kaminoan's glowing yellow eyes peeled open and stared at Vyatoris with the thinnest yet cruelest smirk on his face.

"It appears its just going to be you and me." Cocytus spoke with cold calmness and an explicit venom in his voice. He got up just as gracefully as he did before and ignited both crimson lightsabers in a defensive position. "Like I said before... your move."

@Silvertough @Sinrebirth @SithOverlord101

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    Sinrebirth and Silvertough like this.
  19. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    Darth Vyatoris

Vyatoris paced backwards and forwards, his gaze never leaving the seated Kaminoan Sith. For the briefest of moments, there had been a second spark within the force, an indication of yet another who wished for a duel. A spark which had apparently since been squashed. Vyatoris grimaced inwardly. Ever since his arrival, he had been running his odds in his head. The addition of a second apprentice joining him in a duel would have greatly improved his odds, but now? The odds were certainly not in his favor.

The minutes dragged on at a glacier's pace ,only adding to the Miraluka's ever growing restlessness. He needed to do something, anything. Cocytus was his superior in both the force and the blade, his only chance would be to use his wits. Rushing in screeching would do nothing but get him killed with a single strike.

Vyatoris' pacing came to a halt, now standing directly before Cocytus. His breathing slowed, his breaths visible in a steady cadence. "I suppose it is, my Lord." He murmured, the prior explosive rage all but dissipated. "We begin at once.." He finished, almost trailing off as crimson-bladed lightsaber ignited with a loud hiss.

In one motion, Vyatoris' off hand snapped into the small of his back, followed by him turning sideways, his right foot and shoulder pointed towards the now standing Cocytus. His blade, pointed downwards parallel to his extended right foot raised upwards in a quick flourish, before twirling back towards its starting position. In an instant, Vyatoris lunged forwards a half-step, his lightsaber delivering a quick trio of jabs leading upwards in quick succession, beginning slightly below the midsection, and ending almost directly below the breastbone. (Or the Kaminoan equivalent)

A simple attack, meant simply to probe an enemy's defenses, nothing more.

@Darth Cocytus @Sinrebirth @SithOverlord101

Darth Cocytus and Sinrebirth like this.
  20. Darth Cocytus

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus

Cocytus held his ground as Vyatoris twirled his lightsaber in preparation, while he kept his own tightly guarding his most vulnerable areas. Right handed lightsaber guarding diagonally upward near his neck, while the left handed horizontal defending his torso. His tall nimble physique and thin frame prevented him from attacking in the most brutal of lightsaber offensives, or anything acrobatic, making him prefer to defense first and offense later.

He glared at the other Sith with bitter anger at how Vyatoris and all the others dilute the power of the Order. (Only two there should be. No more, no less. A master and an apprentice.) Even now at the beginning of combat, he was still meditating in some way or another, calling upon the Dark Side to guide his movements while turning his anger into cruelty and malice.

Immediately as Vyatoris began making his first offensive of upward jabs, Cocytus swung both of his blades in a quick series of tight defensive manuvers, traditional of the third lightsaber form of soresu. Cocytus smirked and made sure the third and last jab was locked with his lefthand blade. In this moment he made a quick forward thrust with his right hand, two fingers up, lightsaber clutched by his kaminoan long thumb, and made a brutal force push on Vyatoris.

"Give into your anger." Cocytus hissed with a smirk, returning to his defensive position as he used Dun Möch, which was traditional for him in antagonizing his enemies. Emotional Rage was a fuel too quickly exhausted in combat after all, "Use your rage and strike me down better, you mewling Dark Jedi."

@Silvertough @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Sinrebirth and Silvertough like this.
  21. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    Darth Vyatoris

Vyatoris completed a tight left spin, following the momentum gathered from his blade being knocked aside. In an instant, he was in his original position, one half-step back blade pointed down towards the ground. He sensed the push through the force before he saw it and braced, managing to remain on his feet as he was pushed back a number of paces. With a grunt, he rolled his shoulders, and returned to his opening form.

The Kaminoan's words were laced with malice, biting deep into Vyatoris' soul. He was able to remain composed, just barely, a twitch of the brow betraying his momentary weakness. "My rage is but a tool to wield. It does not hold control over me." He responded in a whisper, face remaining an emotionless shroud.

Vyatoris once again went on the offensive, driving forwards with a series of quick jabs, each twisting at the last second with tiny flicks of the wrist, all accompanied by a half-step forwards along an imaginary straight line. He was very familiar with the movements of soresu, being a practitioner of it himself, and knew that this duel would be one of endurance, rather than brutality. Whomever had more stamina would ultimately be the victor.

If Vyatoris could force Cocytus onto the offensive, he might just have a chance..

@Darth Cocytus @Sinrebirth

Darth Cocytus and Sinrebirth like this.
  22. Darth Cocytus

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus

Cocytus lips curled slightly into a sly grin, knowing full well that his words did more to Vyatoris than he allowed to be shown beneath that shroud. The kaminoan held his ground as his opponent charged forward back into the offensive, making tight parries and swats to defend against each jab. His long arms gave him the the advantage of holding the other at bay and making longer defensives.

Cocytus again forced Vyatoris's lightsaber to lock, this time with his right handed blade. The kaminoan raised his other hand and unleashed another force push, but also with an added surge of intense Sith Lightning from his protracted fingers to the other's face. All intended to toy and annoy his cautious opponent.

"More like 'Dark Youngling'." Cocytus mused back to his orginal position and not at all exhausted, "Surely you can do better than that being trained among the Dark Lords of the Sith." The kaminoan grinned at Vyatoris, purposely trying to get under his skin and either provoke his anger or make him doubt and surrender. Either Vyatoris will break emotionally or psychologically. Vyatoris will break.

@Silvertough @Sinrebirth

Silvertough likes this.
  23. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    Darth Vyatoris

Vyatoris' attempts to push Cocytus onto the offensive failed once again, as his attacks were effortlessly blocked and parried. Truly a practitioner of Soresu indeed.. He thought, his lightsaber once again caught in a saberlock by his opponent.

Once again, he sensed the force attack before he felt it, even with the addition of lightning, Vyatoris was prepared. Once more he braced, and once more he was pushed back a few steps, back to where he had started. With the faintest of grimaces, he was forced to move his left hand from the small of his back, bringing his left palm forwards to absorb the lightning through tutaminis. He instantly became aware of the discrepancy in power between himself and Cocytus as he channeled his lightning harmlessly into the ground beneath his feet. The lightning had been but a mere fraction of his power, and yet Vyatoris had been forced to focus almost entirely on absorbing it's raw power.

A sobering revelation indeed.

Once again, the Kaminoan laced his words with the force, clearly intending to break Vyatoris into attacking wildly. Just as before, his words cut deep, almost shattering the emotionless facade Vyatoris had erected around himself. Yet.. there was something.. different this time. Almost as if Cocytus' words were not fully intended for him, but in fact, something more abstract..

Vyatoris chanced his stance, lightsaber now held in both hands overhead angled backwards, feet shoulder width apart, now facing Cocytus head on. A thin smile grew on his face, the possibility of having found a chink in the Sith Lord's mental armor a tantalizing idea. "Surely you don't mean to give credit to the other Sith Lords?" He called out, his smile growing wider. "Who would have guessed that the great Darth Cocytus would betray the teachings of Bane?!" Vyatoris paused, chuckling, while also shifting his body weight ever so slightly.

"Doesn't my mere existence in this temple just infuriate you?" He ended, punctuating each word with a probing mental force attack, intending simply to add weight to his words. All the same, he knew it would now be the optimal time to strike, even if his words had no effect, they might buy him just the slightest amount of time..

He lept forwards, tossing aside any pretense of continued use of Makashi, switching entirely to his tertiary form, Djem So. He started with a powerful downward chop, fully aware that it would be casually parried by his opponent. He would use each deflection to preserve his energy, using the motion of Cocytus' parry to spin into a counterattack of his own.

Eventually, one of them would break. If nothing else, Vyatoris wanted to anger Cocytus into action, even if it meant losing it all..

@Darth Cocytus , @Sinrebirth

24. Darth Cocytus

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus

Cocytus's eyes widened and glowed more profound as he glared at Vyatoris, watching him absorb his force attacks, weak although they were compared with his true command over the force. His opponent did indeed touched a nerve as he used his own words against him, mocking his devotion to Darth Bane and the Rule of Two. Yet the kaminoan had mediated and trained himself into turning his anger and hatred into their more focused and refined forms of cruelty and malice.

After all, kaminoans were often a stoic and unemotional people, preferring logic and reason over raw emotion. Despite his own moments of angry outbursts in debates, Cocytus was still almost no different when it came to internalizing his anger. It was within his logic that rage, although powerful, was something best to reserve for special opportunities. The young Sith still sought to find that opportunity.

A hideous grin grew on Cocytus's face. "Touche." He said simply both impressed in his opponent's force abilities and that he found flaws in the logic within his Dum Möch. The kaminoan found something to work on within this duel which was always a delight in some twisted fashion or other.

Nonetheless, as with before, Cocytus remained on the defense, remaining where he stood, and watched as Vyatoris make his third try. He swiftly raised his right handed blade and tightly blocked horizontally the downward chop, locking blades once again, before using the other to deflect the proceeding attack. Recognizing Djem So, his own secondary lightsaber form, the kaminoan's defensives became tighter and more profound blocks with less parries, but with no less mockery and contempt.

Cocytus will bide his time for now as he always did, with Djem So an aggressive form of Lightsaber combat easy to block. Vyatoris was still in the offensive and the kaminoan sought to keep it that way. This can go on for as long Cocytus liked or till the other begins to tire.

@Silvertough @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Silvertough likes this.
  25. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    Darth Vyatoris

Vyatoris grimaced, recognizing immediately at how easy his attacks were being deflected by Cocytus. He arrived at a simple, but infuriating conclusion. He was simply outmatched, his opponent having mastered the same, or countering lightsaber forms to his own. Cocytus' natural physiology, combined with his mastery of Soresu, rendered any of his own knowledge on the weaknesses of Soresu null and void.

It was both an infuriating and humbling lesson in humility.

He could attempt some Ataru based kicks and punches, but that was more likely to result in getting bisected by the Kaminoan more than anything else. Even so, Vyatoris continued his attack, slashing and chopping from all sides, before effortlessly switching his stance back to that of Makashi to deliver a number of surgical strikes, before switching back to Djem So.

He just needed to move Cocytus, either pushing him back or finally goading him into attacking. Anything would be better than running into his wall of his defense over and over with nothing to show for it. Using force attacks would be useless, Vyatoris' own skill in it annoyingly lacking, preferring defensive moves overall.

Perhaps..

Vyatoris switched tactics. He now was entirely focused on Cocytus' weapons, specifically in rendering them unusable. Each attack was now angled ever so slightly towards his opponent's lightsaber hilts, for in the case of getting stuck in a lightsaber lock he could simply slice downwards, straight through the lightsaber hilt itself.

As much as he had tried to hide it, he was growing irritated, the dams holding back his frustration beginning to falter. Perhaps Cocytus' words had dug deeper than he had once thought..

@Darth Cocytus , @Sinrebirth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.