main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD RPF Rules Reply Archive

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Show us an example 8-}

Well, there is that time...and that other time...when...okay so perhaps I don't have an example! 8-}

2. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Nice, its a good idea, to open it up..

3. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Just a reminder to all RPFers that the usual TOS - as stipulated in point 12 - is still in effect in this forum like any other. We are not the YJCC, and outside the social thread fluff is not tolerated. Users found spamming will be dealt with. Users who deliberately ignore the rules of this forum will similarly be dealt with.

The rules are pretty I'll admit, but they are more then just show. They are supposed to be followed, and Evil PoT will make a come back if he smells a troll or a flame within his beloved board.

Think of the children, and stop evil PoT from ever needing to return again.

Just a friendly reminder from your Bi-Polar Mod.

4. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    *hides*

Yeah... anyway, the subject line changed... What was the update, for those of us (i.e. me) who don't remember what this originally said?

Oh yeah, and some random mods in Comms were saying that sticky thread subject lines can't be changed. Are they just wrong, or is our mod just very wily?

5. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    (Sorry for the posts shortly after one another...)

But in the forum, the subject line is the same as it was before...?

6. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Ay, as wily as I am, not even I (let alone the tech wiz's of the JC) can make the sticky subject lines present their latest versions to the public forum. When editted they change, but the oringal is always displayed.

And the change is just an emphasis on and rewording of 12.

7. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Ay, as wily as I am, not even I (let alone the tech wiz's of the JC) can make the sticky subject lines present their latest versions to the public forum. When editted they change, but the oringal is always displayed.

And the change is just an emphasis on and rewording of 12.

Is that why whenever I ask my RSA Mara_Jade_Fan to update the "Sticky Thread" She has to delete and open a whole new one? Man, thats a tough life. Maybe I better stop asking for such things to be updated and have it as a regular topic, then update it myself.

8. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    Have all these recent non-star wars RPGs been approved?

Dont want to see the privaledge getting abused to the point of revoction before Mitth and I can start ours.

9. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    If they are, we can always have a good, old-fashioned, fun for everyone burning. Good for the lungs; good for the soul.

~ DS5

10. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Aww man PoT! The Plagiarism thread got purged!

One more thing that has occured to me, I think everyone should PM violators of the rules with warnings instead of flooding their thread with posts. IMO it would be curtious and less "stuck-up" and I for one would not want my thread flooded with such posts when a simple PM would do to get me to correct the violation.

11. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    It's just that PM's take a little while to send, and then the person would get hit with like 5 PMs just saying the same thing. In a post, everyone sees that it has already been stated, so they dont naturally do it too.

12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    So what if PMs take a while to send? You that lazy? Besides it is better to be bombarded with PMs then having your thread soiled with posts that could chase away potential players. Plus it removes the impression that the RPF patrons are a bunch of stuck-up wannabe Mods. That also has the potential to keep other users away from this forum, something we don't want.

13. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Plus it removes the impression that the RPF patrons are a bunch of stuck-up wannabe Mods. That also has the potential to keep other users away from this forum, something we don't want.

Which of course, none of you are. ;) I agree that a PM is best, and it is JC Policy to deal with users who constantly patrol other people's threads offering their thoughts on the threads worth or potential violations.

A pm to the user, or to me, will be sufficent and appreciated in most if not all cases.

Sorry about the plagiarism thread Mitth! I'll have to look at rectifying that problem.

14. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Should there be some random type of rule that there may only be a certain amount of non-Star Wars RPGs in the RPG forum?

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

15. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Why? What purpose would it serve?

16. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    If I may personally say so, I think that it may cause the new reform to be therefore useless, as once those limited RPGs have already been opened by another, no-one else would be able to crete them, and so thus we are back where we had begun. :(

17. Pyrate

Pyrate Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2003
    I know that I am quite new to this board, and I am not familiar with any problems that there may have been in the past...

but...

I just wanted to say that I really do enjoy the way the board is being run now. The mix of SW RPGs and nonSW RPGs keep it fresh and interesting.

I've just come from a RPG board that went under massive changes and the result was terrible. There was overmodding and major shoe-squeezing. If a mod didn't like your post, they could delete w/out warning and did.

They managed to suck the fun and creativeness right out of the board and I couldn't stand it.

So I just wanted to add my two cents and I hope that was OK. I really respect the way you mods and 'mod-helpers' run this place, and I hope it doesn't change.

Also...what's a 'sock'?:)

18. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    A sock eh? An interesting question indeed. ;)

Any one want to field that question for me?

As for your comments, thanks for the words and it is good to see someone appreciate the way we've set things up. The Reform process has been rocky in parts, but I think the RPF is the better for it.

Hopefully - and of course, with the help of all your comments and contributions - we can continue to innovate and create in the RPF to keep it fresh, vibrant and interesting.

I hope you continue to enjoy your time here. :)

19. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    A sock: it's that piece of cloth you place over your foot. Geez, the people we get at this place.

20. Pyrate

Pyrate Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2003
    no no no, you goober :)

I mean when people are in a RPG and they're all

"Hey, can I use my sock character too?"

that sorta sock

21. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    Same thing except you draw a face on it and put it on your hand.

22. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    The man's right. ;)

A sock is an alias of a user, using a different username on the boards to his/her usual one, but usually the same person typing the words.

Simple concept really, but is also reason for caution when dealing with words on a screen and an avatar on a personality.

No one is quite who they seem. [face_mischief]

23. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    Of course I'm right. How could I ever be wrong?

(Notice giant ego)

24. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    MY STICKY THREAD! :eek:

25. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    What in the blazes have you done, man? Your Manager powers, that must be it. He's not nearly under control of them! He's a loose cannon! Run for cover! :eek:

~ DS5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.