main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unclassifiable Limited Run CLOSED RPF Summertime Super Epic Fun Game!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Lady_Belligerent , May 31, 2022.

1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    [​IMG]

Seasonal Help wanted

Where:
    RPF’s Epic Fun Park opening for the Summer!

When: *June 7, 2022*

Who: All the characters are human.
    • 21 & Under employees - you are applying to be seasonal help and will be assigned to the fun summer jobs that every young person dreamed of for their break from the classroom. Pick any realistic age 16 to 21 that would work in a theme park. Any employee in this category that excels in their work could be considered for a promotion, but we don’t recommend anyone ask for it.

• The Over 30 Crowd - please select one of the following jobs and create your character based on the job:
      • OSHA inspector
      • Health Dept inspector
      • Custodian
      • Maintenance person
      • Medic
    What: A summer working in a new theme park is sure to be light-hearted fun, filled with pranks and overall mayhem. This will be a slice-of-life RPG that explores the everyday workings of a ‘typical’ summer theme park. Hijinks and hilarity will ensure; expect the unexpected (injuries are the norm)!

Character Sheet:
    Name:
    (either seasonal help, or one of the specific Over 30 jobs)
    Description or image:
    Personality:
    Anything extra that your employer should know:

[​IMG]

The Story of Epic Fun Park:

In the sleepy hamlet of Falterville, Idaho two brothers, Remy & Royston, had a weekly habit of purchasing a single Power Ball ticket. But—hold on, we don’t want to rush this tale.

Their tightwad father, who was rolling in the green, demanded his two sons earn their own money. They grew up sweating their backsides off by doing yard work and other odd jobs from the moment school was out for summer, until the Fall when they headed back to class. Remy and Royston scraped and saved for video game consoles and other items young people crave, then as they grew older - cars! Dear old dad made sure they purchased anything frivolous with their own money.

After they finished school, there weren’t many lucrative jobs in the area, so they had to take minimum wage jobs to get by until something big hit.

They met at the same local convenience store every Tuesday at 9 am to purchase one Power Ball ticket. Each week they alternated with one paying and the other brother picking the numbers. Weeks turned into months and years… then one day the unbelievable happened.

They won!

The first thing they did was quit their low-paying jobs and went to buy a newspaper to look for something to do with their winnings.

"Hey!" Remy pointed out a 'for sale' ad, "this is a primo piece of land. We could build our own fun park! It would be like we never go to work, we would always be in a theme park!"

The brothers had visions of fast thrill rides and state-of-the-art arcades. Royston dialed the number and arranged for them to purchase the land immediately.

They began looking into rides, but those seemed unreasonably expensive, so why not build their own? Engineers? Why? That’s another useless expense when they could do it all themselves with a handful of employees.

[​IMG]

They hung up the "Help Wanted" sign and started hiring to get ready for the grand opening.

[​IMG]

The Rules:

• PM HanSolo29, Lady Belligerent, and Sinrebirth with your CS or questions.
    • We will accept up to three (3) characters per player.

• All JCF TOS rules will be followed, as well as the rules of the RPF.

• No Metagaming, Powergaming, or God Moding.
    This is meant in the spirit of summer fun, so there are no winners or losers. Just have fun and survive the summer.

**The game was inspired by the defunct Action Park, Vernon Township, NJ.

OP designed by the fabulous @HanSolo29.

[​IMG]

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Triple GM Approved!! :D [face_dancing]

*Yeah, I couldn't resist. Let's GO!

Name:
    Alex Fitzpartick

Job applying for: Seasonal Help

[​IMG]

Description or image: Lean and almost six feet, semi athletic.

Personality: Can appear friendly for short periods of time.

Anything extra that your employer should know: Likes video games, movies and a wide range of music.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Introducing the senior management... [face_mischief]

Name:
    Royston "Roy" Falter
    Job: Co-owner of RPF Epic Fun Park with his brother Remy
    Description or image:
    [​IMG]

Personality: Shy and reserved, Royston serves as the more sensible, or level-headed, of the Falter siblings. He feels that it is his duty to keep his brother in line when he proposes outlandish ideas. However, his age and inexperience often impede his progress, resulting in frustration and anxiety. His lack of business sense can get him into trouble, especially when clients don’t take him seriously due to his youthful disposition.
    Anything extra that your employer should know: He likes to share random pop culture facts seemingly on a whim. It’s a coping mechanism to fit in with the other employees, though others can perceive it as annoying. He also has a habit of laughing at inappropriate times.

4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Character Sheet:

Name: Remington “Remy” Falter

[​IMG]

Job: Co-owner of RPF Epic Fun Park with his brother Royston Falter

Personality: An over all fun guy likes to live fast, and is always coming up with things to build. He’s very intelligent, he just lacks common sense.

Anything extra that your employer should know: Remy’s projects seldom are successful, but everyone likes him.

5. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Character Sheet:

Name: Nurse Sybelle

Job applying for: Medic

Description or image:
    [​IMG]

Personality: cheerful, and looks on the bright side of things

Anything extra that your employer should know: Sybelle received the lowest possible score to pass the NCLEX. She’s also forgetful, and easily distracted.

Dandelo, HanSolo29 and greyjedi125 like this.
  6. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Remy Falter
    RPF Epic Fun Park

The big day was finally here!

Remy was quite proud of how they’d negotiated such a great price for the land they now stood on, and the savings meant they could spend more on the fun. The fact that more than half the property was a floodplain didn’t bother him ok bit, why should it? A large portion was a water park anyway, Remy only shrugged at that fact and signed the paperwork.

“This is the First Aid station,” Remy was walking the park with Roy prior to the employee meeting. They stood inside a small cinder block building that had a bare cement floor with a drain in the center.

“This floor is simply hosed down if there’s blood or whatever. No need for mops and cleaning products here.” He opened the large wall cabinets to reveal the contents, hundreds of boxes of bandaids lined one shelf. “I got those from the unclaimed freight website!” Remy said proudly of his ability to cut corners and save money. “They’re a little out of date, but I checked them out, they’re good.” He nodded to emphasize his ability to determine the use ability of medical supplies. “All the other shelves are the mercurochrome and…ah, other wound disinfectants,” he quickly held up a hand and added, “before you give me grief, let me explain. Yes, that’s the ‘shine I made, and I had to get it out of Dad’s shed before he went off his nut at me, again. I couldn’t find anyone who could drink it, so why not use it to disinfect cuts and scrapes?” He sighed and squinted his eyes, “don’t try to drink it, Roy. My vision is still screwed up from the last time I tried a nip.”

Remy reached up and grabbed a plastic spray bottle, a bottle of his ‘shine, and some mercurochrome. He poured the bottle almost full of the clear alcohol, and then dumped in the contents from the little brown mercurochrome bottle. The liquid in the spray bottle was now an evil brownish red hue. He quickly grabbed the screw top that he’d removed from the brown bottle and tossed it in a bin. Roy might question the rusted bottle cap, and it really didn’t bother Remy. It was only because of the age of it, and he had gotten a ton of it for practically a steal.

“Come on,” he said as he checked his watch, a vintage Mickey Mouse with leather wristband, “it’s time to address the kids so we open on time.”

~~~

They met in a picnic area designated for employees. It was pretty basic, just a few picnic tables with flaking paint, and some trash bins.

“Good morning!” Remy said cheerfully, “Roy and I are happy you’re here to share this crazy dream of ours with you.”

He raised his hands and applauded those gathered, and his brother. “I have a couple of announcements before we open, and then you can head to your positions.”

Remy quickly read out loud some boring safety stuff like their lawyer said to do. His personal philosophy was that it was every man for themselves. If you’re willing to use a toaster while taking a bath, that’s on you. He just hoped someone caught the incident on video.

“Alex,” Remy called out after ending the opening pep rally, “come see us for a sec.”

He waved the young man over to the side, “I’m promoting you to front gate supervisor.” Remy paused for dramatic effect, it was a promotion, but it only gave Alex more power rather than money.

“You’ll greet guests, and back up the ticket takers if they fall behind.” Remy’s vision was blurring again, which made him squint more, “I suggest keeping them from falling behind, if possible. You’ll also be our acting security person until I find someone suitable for that position. I’ll spot you five dollars for any security issue you deal with, just fill out all the paperwork from my secretary.”

He patted Alex on the back, Remy felt they’d made a good choice.

“Oh!” Remy remembered as employees were leaving the area to get the work day started, “I have a new ride being set up today, and I’ll give anyone who wants to give it a try a crisp one hundred dollar bill.” He wiggled his eyebrows up and down in a disturbing manner. “Let’s go count some money, Roy,” he said to his younger brother and walked off towards the offices. “I have a feeling dad might drop by to see if we’ve failed yet.”

Tag: @HanSolo29 @Sinrebirth @greyjedi125

greyjedi125, Dandelo and HanSolo29 like this.
  7. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Alex Fitzpatrick
    First Day!

Alex had been nervous and excited to start his new job, to the point that he almost made himself late. How many times did he change his outfit? he lost count, but finally decided on his superman t-shirt and blue jeans. Hopefully no one took too close a look at his top, since it had been purchased from the ‘irregular’ bin. Within moment, it was go time!

As usual, he almost got into an argument with his mom in the car.

“No, Ma! Drop me off before we get there, not at the entrance….”

“M’ijo, porque?”

“What’d you mean why? I need to look cool when I walk up, that’s why….”

{ …and because no one needs to see me in this old car, duh! }

Alex smiled at his mom, who was ‘convinced’ by his explanation. So, she played some ‘cool music’ on the way and let him off where he indicated.

“A que hora terminas?”

“At what time I finish? Dunno, come by around six-ish?”

Alex leaned over to kiss his mom good-bye and promptly exited the vehicle, briskly walking away, safely making it past the front gate, then swaging to where he had been indicated to go. Hopefully he wasn’t late.

As was his custom, he was humming the last thing he'd heard on the radio, before he saw them.

For a moment he paused, but recovered his walking gait.

Kids. (He called his peers 'kids' when he thought them immature )

To be honest, he was surprised to see other ‘kids’ at the picnic area. What had he been expecting? Thankfully, none of them looked like those who had gone to school with him. That was a relief, at least.

Not wanting to sit with anyone he didn’t really know ( yet ), Alex stood aside, leaning on a pole. He stood silently, sizing up the other boys and girls, trying to guess things about them by what they wore. He also tried not to look too annoyed at having to swat buzzing insects from his face and clothing.

Ugh! Why did there always have to be so many bugs?

And why did the tables seem so….old? Flaking paint? Really?

{I thought this place was new?}

Alex shrugged it off, relegating the tables’ appearance to exposure. They probably just need a new coat of paint.

After waiting sometime, looking at his ‘Star Wars’ watch yet again, not to mention becoming a bit self conscious and regretting the decision to stand. Something did happen. The Epic Fun Park bosses were here.

“Good morning!” He almost shouted.

Alex was revitalized with excitement as he moved away from the pole and moved closer, taking in what was being said with enthusiasm, at least at first.

{'Roy and I'?…ok, but what’s your name, amigo?}

Alex quirked a brow in a very ‘Mr. Spock’ manner.

The nameless bossman continued on an on, Alex found himself discreetly yawning into the crook of his elbow- because, manners. Plus, he didn’t need bugs going into his mouth. Still, all the legal lawyer-y stuff was mind numbing to say the least.

{This is giving me brain freeze. Help me Obi Wan Kenobi!}

Invoking the wise jedi Master seemed to have worked.

“Alex…”

Why exactly did he look around to see if anyone else was named Alex when the boss was looking right at him, he couldn’t quite say. He did the silly thing too, pointing at himself.

“come see us for a sec.”

Alex felt his face get warm as he blushed with color. The bosses wanted to see him? Sure thing! Alex moved towards the bosses as if enchanted. It was hard resisting the urge to glance around to see who was looking at him. The boss sounded all official like too. This could be important.

They had moved to the side, at which point Alex gave a nod and a smile, before adopting what he considered a business like demeanor.

“I’m promoting you to front gate supervisor.”

“Yesss!!” Alex clenched his fist and shook it in triumph, exclaiming reflexively, before remembering to remain ‘professional’ and composed.

“Uh..sorry.”

Alex really tried to keep the surprise and amazement from showing in his eyes, as the boss continued to reveal more and more of his new responsibilities. He would be greeting all guests, which meant first dibs on the cute ones that came to the park!! He'd have to try and commandeer the 'kissing booth' if they had one.

At that thought, Alex’s face turned really red, but thankfully the boss wouldn’t be able to guess why that was. Hearing his mom’s voice after feeling a pinch of guilt was all he needed to set him back on course with an effusive nod.

“Yes, boss!!” he said in a reassuring tone. “The tickety- takers won’t fall behind. Promise.”

{Tickety-takers??? Great. Now he’ll think I’m dumb or something.}

Alex played it off as if he'd said nothing wrong.

“I don’t mind being security for a spin.” he confessed easily, wondering if there was some sort of badge involved. Getting promoted did make him feel kinda good, he had to admit.

{This place is great, way better than school for sure!}

The pat on the back sealed the deal. Alex couldn’t help the big grin that came to his face.

“You got it boss, I’m ready to sign.”

Alex was patting around his hip pockets for a pen he thought he had with him.

{W.T.H! Don’t tell me it fell out into the crack of the damn seat again!!?}

Thankfully, the boss didn’t seem to notice him fret.

A few tics passed, then the boss made an announcement: anyone could earn an extra one hundred dollars for trying out a new ride. Alex’s eyes lit up!!

“Wow!!” he gushed, thinking on how much money that was.

“I really need to find a pen.”

Tag: @Lady Belligerent, @Sinrebirth, @HanSolo29

8. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Nurse Sybelle
    First Aid Station

It was so exciting to finally work as a nurse! She had applied at hospitals and clinics throughout the region, without getting so much as an in person interview. It was their loss because everything worked out when she heard about this awesome new park. Remy and Roy were so sweet and they hired her over the phone, sight unseen.

Sybelle glanced around her sparse workspace and decided it was too gloomy and needed jazzing up.

She opened cabinets and drawers to see what there was to work with. Thinking for a moment she decided to make some bandaid art for the walls. Sybelle sat on a stool and opened a box of bandages, she methodically took off all the wrappers and sat them aside. The bandages ended up looking drab against the gray cinder block walls. Sybelle rummaged around again and settled on the dark red disinfectant stained everything it touched. “Ooooh, I do like red,” she chatted to herself as she put the bandages in the sink and soaked them in the deep red mercurochrome.

By the time they dried she had planned out her “bloody” bandage masterpiece to cheer up her clinic.

“Um… hello?” A voice called out from the open doorway. Sybelle turned and greeted her visitor, “hello! Can I help you?”

In the doorway was a woman with her hand on a boy, and before the mother could speak her son pointed shrieking, “blood!!” Sybelle looked down at her hands, which were beet red with red fluid dripping on the floor.

“Oh, no! Don’t be alarmed,” she explained as she wiped her hands on paper towels, “I was just working on a little art project. Did you need a bandaid for that knee?” Sybelle asked as she pointed to the boy’s skinned knee.

The child looked wary of her, but he nodded in answer to the question. “Do you have a baby Yoda one? That’s what we have at home.”

“I’m afraid not,” Sybelle answered, “but I do have some special owie spray that will make you feel instantly better. So you sit here while I get it.”

The mother murmured a thanks, but was not at all sure about this medical facility.

The nurse wet down a paper towel from the water tap and started to vigorously wipe down the boy’s knee. The child squirmed and cried out causing the mom to speak up, “what are you doing? Don’t be so rough.”

Sybelle looked up at the mom and replied, “I am a licensed medical professional, so how about you let me tend to your son’s injury without any unsolicited commentary?”

She grabbed the spray bottle and spritzed the squirming kid's knee. The boy wailed in pain, he leapt from the chair and hopped around. “Your young man won’t stay still, so here,” she handed the bandage to his mother, “I’ll let you do that part.” The child bent over and was blowing on his knee crying out, “she made it burn, it’s on fireeeee!”

“Young man,” Nurse Sybelle spoke seriously, “I have rewards for good little children who stay still and didn’t cry. Maybe next time you’ll be brave.” She turned her back to tidy up. It felt damned good to have saved that child’s life from whatever bacteria was lurking in his scrape.

Tag: anyone

9. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Ravynne (Emily Carter)
    Hair: black (currently)
    Eyes: brown

[​IMG]

Pet: overweight black cat named Severus

Ravynne hates this. She didn’t want the stupid job, but her stupid stepfather insisted she get a summer job, and her stupid mother backed him up like always, so she could save for some stupid college. It’s all too lame for words.

She’d hoped to hang out with the few friends she has, although her stupid boyfriend went out with that skank, Lisa Cole, so THAT’S over with. Ravynne had planned to spend her summer relaxing, writing vampire fanfic and dabbling in witchcraft. She’s been teaching herself tarot, and got a Ouija board, though she hasn’t dared use it yet.

Meanwhile, she’s at this stupid amusement park. The minute she’s done with high school, she is SO out of this stupid town, and headed for New Orleans, maybe, or even London. At least the money she earns can go towards that, instead of stupid driving lessons because if her mom and her older sister think she’s spending her next year driving all their brats around, they can just think again.

She has an aging and overweight black cat named Severus, who is lazy and wonderful. The only non-stupid thing in her life. She’s hoping to be put in charge of the House of Horrors ride, even though it’s probably stupid.

10. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    IC: Ravynne
    Day one of perpetual servitude

Ravynne peered critically at herself in the mirror, and adjusted the angle of her eyeliner. Yes. That was better. She stood back, eyeing her hair style. Double buns, high up on either side of her head. She’d been going for Japanese Goth, but was it more Minnie Mouse? Someone pounded on the door.

“Em! Emmy! Hurry up, Brayley has to pee!”

“No Emmy in here.” Ravynne rolled her eyes. Emily was the lame, pimply girl from a loser family. She was dead, now, and Ravynne would be a powerful witch, and an independent woman. If she could ever escape from here.

“Oh, for chrissake! Open the damn door!”

“Use Mom’s bathroom!”

“The training seat is in there!”

Ravynne adjusted the choker around her neck, just an old cameo on a black velvet ribbon, then threw the door open and glared at her older sister. “He’s still in diapers, he wouldn’t notice if he wet himself.”

Jo, her older sister, glared back as she pushed her anxious son inside. “He’s in training! He needs to learn!”

Ravynne flounced into her small bedroom, slamming the door behind her. There was a large Lump in the center of the bed. She touched it gently, and heard a low grumble. “It’s okay, baby, you don’t have to get up.” Severus Snape, her elderly cat, loved his afternoon nap in her bed under the covers. The baby was napping, Jo had Brayley and Colt under control, and he was finally able to get some peace.

She pulled on her shirt critically. She so didn’t want this stupid job. She’d considered pretending to go, then just doing something else, but in a small town word got around, and someone would blab that she hadn’t shown up. She’d opted for jeans, a black tee, and her Doc Martens knock-offs that she’d gotten online. The one good thing about the job was that she might be able to afford the real thing. There wasn’t any point going too fancy. It was just a crappy, run-down amusement park, and she might even have to wear a uniform. She wasn’t going to risk ruining her good clothes, that was for sure!

She stuffed her housekey into one pocket, and some cash into the other. She turned to leave, then hesitated. This was a chance to practice. She glanced quickly towards the door, then pulled out the bottom drawer of her bureau, and reached far in to the back.

The cheap IKEA construction left a gap between the bureau and the floor when the drawer was pulled out. You couldn’t see it, since the front came all the way down. A good place to stash stuff. Her older brother, Mark, had showed her the trick before he went away to the Army. She rummaged, seeking by touch…yes!

The box was wood, inlaid with brass in an elegant geometric pattern. She’d got it at the Goodwill on 7th street, and it had always been her treasure box. And it had turned out to be just the right size. She opened the lid, pulling out a bag of dark blue silk with a silver drawstring. She had made it herself. The books all said that making your own equipment was best, because you were putting your own self into it and that would make things more likely to work for you. From the bag, she drew a sleek set of Tarot cards. Her ex had given these to her for Christmas, and she’d been trying to learn how to use them. So far, the questions she’d asked had ambiguous answers.

She shuffled the deck three times, held it in her hands, and whispered her question. “So what about this job, then?” She shuffled again, then fanned the cards, and drew one at random. A youth, bound, and hanging from a tree by one foot. The Hanged Man. Oh. That seemed ominous.

She put the card away, and drew out the book. Sacrifice, giving up something you want to get something else. Giving up her summer freedom to get some cash? Independent action blocked, need for patience until the situation resolves. Need to reassess your situation, be willing to adapt to move forward.

Ravynne sighed, and put the book and the box away while stuffing the cards into her pocket. The Tarot wanted her to be patient and wait. Her entire life was being patient and waiting. For how long? Her phone chirped at her, the alarm telling her it was time to leave for the stupid job, and with one last gentle stroke of the Lump in the bed, she went outside to her bike. She could hear Jo calling her, “Em! I need you to—”

“Stop dead-naming me, I'm gonna be late for work!” she retorted. Yeah, I’m working for a living, so do it yourself.

The amusement park was on the outskirts of the south side of the city, run down, near the edge of the old swamp. There was a sign at the entrance, newly painted, although the fence was rusted chain link. Ravynne rode around the side to the Staff Entrance and showed her letter to the bored guy guarding hit, who waved her in. She found a pole to lock the bike to, and went inside to orientation.

“Welcome to Hell,” she muttered to herself softly.

TAG: Anyone

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  11. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    The Embalmer

“Okay! Listen up guys!” Remy shouted over the small group gathered around him, “I want to show you our newest attraction, The Embalmer.”

He took a rectangular object from his pocket and handed it over to the new girl, Ravynne, “here’s your name tag,” Remy beamed over what a brilliant concept his was. The name tag was in the shape of a coffin and read: ‘Embalmer Ravynne’.

“Ravynne is the supervisor of The Embalmer, so you follow her orders if you're assigned here.” He led the small group into a shack-like structure, it was totally dark and musty until there was a sound of electricity arcing. The lighting flickered and jars illuminated to display various organs floating in liquid, the biggest question was were they the real thing?

“So, the guests come through this creepy embalming room,” he patted a rusty embalming table that he and Roy had scored from a garage sale. “Guests have plenty to look at, and get totally creeped out before they go up these stairs to take the ride down the tube.”

[​IMG]

Remy asked Alex to man the top of the slide, “take a test ride down our new water slide, The Embalmer, and you get a cool one hundred bucks.” He needed to show Ravynne a few things before they started test rides.

A tall gangly kid called out, “pick me, Remy!”

“Josh,” Remy looked over at the young man, “are you sure you want to try again? Weren’t you just at the dentist? Could he save that tooth?”

Josh nodded and smiled showing a very crooked upper tooth that appeared to be wired up to stay in place. Remy wasn’t sure that was how teeth worked, but who was he to tell the kid not to try out the slide again.

Remy pulled Ravynne aside, “you’ll have to remind people to make sure and don’t slow down. Josh’s first trip down he slowed and we had to cut out a hatch to remove him, I’ll show you how to open that later,” Remy rolled his eyes over the memory of Josh yelling and thrashing until they could get a saw and cut him out.

“They can’t be going so fast that they slam into the top of the loop, that’s how John knocked his tooth out. Luckily it stuck inside the tube insulation and we found it.”

He went over and opened a small maintenance closet to show Ravynne a drawing taped inside the door. “This section has dangling body parts and limbs that slap at and scare the rider as they go down. That ends before they go into the loop, we had to remove those,” he pointed to a pile of arms with hands laying on the floor of the closet. “They just caused too many issues with people making it around the loop.” Remy rolled his eyes because it wasn’t his fault, it was clearly the riders who weren’t listening to instructions. He’d had to make changes so people wouldn’t injure themselves.

“Here’s a dip net, you’ll need to station someone with this where the tube dumps the guests out. We grabbed up several swimsuits, and some uh, hazardous material.” Josh was the reason for the net, and Remy had given up trying to explain to Josh the difference between an embalmer and an enema. “Tell the kids to keep their butt cheeks clenched tightly going down and all will be fine.” Remy smiled at Ravynne and called out to Alex, “send him down!”

Moments later they heard a muffled bang and screams from inside the tube, then Josh came flying out of the opening. He slid through the shallow “pool” and up onto the cement edges. Remy spun the net once and deftly scooped up a colorful pair of swim trunks that had somehow come off of Josh mid ride.

He walked over and dropped the trunks on Josh, then he stood at an angle to give the kid a little privacy. “Good ride, man?” Remy asked. “Quality!” Josh answered as he walked away with a lopsided grin and one hundred dollars.

“Hey Alex!” Remy shouted up to the young man he’d had at the top of the tube slide, “that was successful, so we need maybe two more riders just to be sure.” Remy shaded his eyes with his hands, “put someone in charge if you want to try it out too.”

Tag: @Mistress_Renata @greyjedi125 @HanSolo29 @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Looper

“Embalmer?”

Alex didn’t mean to repeat the word aloud while making a ‘stink face’. His mind had conjured images of random rotting body parts floating inside jars of greenish smelly- viscous fluids. A shiver went down his spine from the images, and he had to shake it off with a... “brrrrrrrrr”.

In typical Alex fashion, he quickly fixed his expression to a pleasant one as he listened to Boss Remy speak. Then he saw who Boss Remy was putting in charge ‘The Embalmer’.

Ravynne.

Alex tilted his head as he ‘appraised’ the new supervisor, nodding in silent approval.

{K, not bad, not bad. Goth Chic’s not bad at all. Got's potential, hmmm.}

In short order, Alex followed along as he went inside the shack with the small group of recently hired employees. The room was dark, musty and was definitely not a ‘suave’ environment. Good thing no one could see him make the ‘stink face’ (again ) in the darkness of the room.

Electricity flickered, revealing jars similar to those he had imagined.

“Eww!”

Uhm, maybe, that was expected reaction?

When Boss Remy asked Alex to go man the top of the slide, he was all too glad to comply.

“Yes, surrrrr!” he said, giving a crisp salute before running off to do as he was told. The stairs going up the top of the slide were a bit rickety and probably just needed some maintenance, but it wasn’t too bad. Quite likely, it was just part of the whole ‘Embalmer’ ambiance. Still, even up from where he was, Alex could still see and hear what transpired below. Josh was going to test the ride.

{Really? him again?}

Alex made sure not to let his objection show, as he greeted the other youth with a fist-bump when he’d reached the top.

“ ‘Sup Josh.” He greeted casually, but his gaze lingered for just a bit.

{Bruh, didn’t you just get your butt stuck inside this ride?} Alex mentally quizzed, fully aware that Josh couldn’t hear what he was thinking. Alex shook his head ever so sightly, but had to admit, Josh was kinda ‘brave’ for going again- not to mention, he was feeling a bit ‘jelly’ cuz he could use a crisp hundred dollar bill himself.

Thankfully, he didn’t have to wait too long in the awkward silence that had lingered, before the order to ‘send him down’ was given.

“Down you go!” Alex said, cheerfully as he performed his duty.

{Good luck…!}

Curiously, he watched Josh disappear as his co-worker slid into the tube with an audible 'whoosh' sound. Moments later, Alex heard muffled bangs and screams. A pang of alarm hit him then, fearing the worst ( overactive imagination), but it was quickly followed by relief as Josh came out flying from the tube exit and splashed into the shallow pool.

“Yeah!!” Alex cheered from his post, glad that it had all gone well….this time. But it wasn’t quite over. Josh had somehow lost his trunks during the slide down.

“BruH!!” Alex exclaimed laughing in mild amusement as he clapped. Well, he couldn’t deny that Josh had given quite a show and deserved his winnings….more or less.

“Hey Alex!”

Remy Boss was shouting up at Alex, who once again pointed to himself and looked around, as if there was someone else called Alex at either side of him. Of course, that wasn’t the case. Oh, so the boss needed two more testers? Wait…he could be a tester too AND get a crispy one hundred dollars to boot!!?

Dang!! Alex smacked his lips. He had to admit, the offer was very tempting, he wasn’t going to lie. Josh was walking away 100 dollars richer and had kept all this teeth this time around, that ‘hero’ swag in his step was unmistakable. Then there was the new goth chic presiding over the whole affair. Hmmm…..

HoWeVEr…..

If he even as much as hurt his ‘face’ or anything else in anyway, his mom would not allow him to comeback to his new job, that’s how overprotective she was. Not to mention, he was in charge of doing his own laundry now and…well...he had procrastinated and did not have any clean undies ready, so he was essentially going commando for the day. Not that that was anybody’s business.

Besides, he wasn't going to wear or borrow anybody else's trunks. The very idea was just 'ICK!', plus crabs and stuff. No thanks.

“I’ll give it a go next time boss!” he called back with as much confidence as he could muster. “I didn’t bring any swimming trunks with me, first day and all. My bad!!”

Alex gave a reassuring thumbs up and a 'bright smile' before adding:

“Send up the next challenger!” He exclaimed brightly.

Alex did his darnedest to keep his gaze trained on the boss, as he tried not to glance aside and see if the goth chic had a disappointed look on her face, or was otherwise entirely disinterested in the whole dealio.

After all, it was just a summer job.

Right?

Tag: @Lady Belligerent, @HanSolo29, @Mistress_Renata, @Sinrebirth

13. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Ravynne
    Stay away from the water!

Ravynne took the nametag from her frighteningly over-enthusiastic boss and studied it. A coffin? Cool. AND he’d spelled her name right. Her estimation of him went up.

She moved with the group to the shack, which had the name of the ride blazoned on it, and looked at the jars Remy had indicated, with some doubt. At first she thought they were fake, but a closer look suggested they were probably real, pale and yellowing, floating in a murky golden liquid, like the ones at the Science Museum she’d seen on a school field trip years ago. The question was, were they human? Or were they from pigs and cows? You could buy those in the old ethnic supermarket over in Miskatoni. If they were human...

She looked at the embalming table that Remy was pointing out. This was clearly real. A folding embalming table, portable, with holes drilled and grooves to enable various liquids to drain. There were some ominous stains, blood? Or rust? Hard to tell. Old Army surplus?

It was clever. She had to admit it. There was a local urban legend that she’d heard from the older teens at school, about a serial killer called “The Embalmer” who’d supposedly killed people, and dressed them up, leaving them around town in various vignettes, before escaping into the swampland on the outskirts. She’d never seen any proof of the story, but the locals would totally get the reference, especially the kids.

The arms and legs were clearly fake, but stumbling up the dark stairs after Remy, it occurred to her that there was a small improvement to be made. Years ago, her dad and his buddies had done a haunted house. They had hung black threads from the ceiling in a dark hallway. You couldn’t see them, but you could feel them brush across your face as you walked past. The effect had been creepy. She made a note to bring some thread tomorrow, along with some thumbtacks.

But the rest of the information was alarming. People losing their swimsuits would be bad enough, but losing control of…bodily functions? That would be very bad! There was no effing way she'd be cleaning THAT up! Not for what she was being paid. She turned around, blushing, as Remy handed Josh the swim trunks.

Remy called up to Alex, the tall young man who would be handling ticket sales and security at the front gate. He wasn’t bad-looking, but he was entirely too chipper and into the job, in Ravynne’s opinion. When her boss suggested he give the ride a spin, he’d waved it off.

“I’ll give it a go next time boss! I didn’t bring any swimming trunks with me, first day and all. My bad!!” So, the kid wasn’t a complete idiot, at least. He gave Remy a thumbs up and called, “Send up the next challenger!”

“I didn’t bring a swimsuit either,” said Ravynne. “I didn’t know I’d be working the water rides.” And if riding these was a requirement for the job, she’d make damn sure to wear her sister’s old one-piece that she’d worn on the swim team at school. Nothing would get that thing off. But Ravynne had no intention of riding this thing, which had ‘death trap’ all over it. “Um, three questions? Is there a weight limit for the ride?” (she could think of a few people in town who would never make it through that tube). “Is there an age limit? And who do you want at the bottom with the net?” She hesitated. “If someone gets hurt, it’s not on me, right? You’ve got, like, insurance or something, right?” Because no way was she going to jail for this job!

TAG: @Lady Belligerent, @Sinrebirth, @HanSolo29, @greyjedi125

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
  14. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    RPF EFP

Stupefaction!

“Okay people!” Remy raised his voice to be heard over the hum coming from behind him and under the shed that covered the ride. “Listen up!” He shouted even though everyone was quietly gazing at Remy. His clothing was ripped in a few places, and had some, what appeared to be, burns in the fabric. His hair was in total disarray, more than normal, and was slightly steaming.

“This ride is killer, and I want everyone to try it out.” He waved everyone inside, “I bring you Stupefaction!

Inside in the shade they saw a dozen rusty bumper cars on a cheap vinyl floor. The cars were probably from the 1940’s and had pole mounted contact shoes that are powered by a conductive ceiling. There are many buzz words he could have used from the online listing, but Remy had been so excited by the price that he didn’t read beyond the headline and price. He also didn’t get directions on how to install the ride, but it’s fine.

The cars had been spray painted a few times, and a few colors. Remy had some garish shade of fluorescent orange that he found in his dad’s garage, it blended okay with the rust. Well, not really but it added to the ambiance. Right?

“Everyone get in a car,” Remy directed, “Alex, Ravynne —it’ll be fun.”

He went over to the control panel and twisted a couple of dials, then he flipped the oversized power switch. The hum turned into a sharp crackling sound and the ceiling of the shed lit up with arcing bolts of electricity.
    [​IMG]

“It’s fine,” Remy assured those watching, “the circuits keep overloading, but you get in a really good ride before it loses power.”

Remy hopped into a car and prepared himself for the ride of his life.

Tag: @Mistress_Renata @greyjedi125 @HanSolo29 @Sinrebirth

15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Natural selection

Alex was having the strangest feeling as he watched and heard ‘Boss Remy’ introduce the next ride. The words ‘killer’ and ’stupefaction’ rang in his ears as the feeling intensified. Remy’s steaming and ‘toasted’ visage did not help to lessen his feelings, but rather, enhanced them.

And then, it hit him. Alex bonked his forehead with the palm of his hand like they did in those ‘I could have had a V-8 commercial’, which they only ran when his mom was watching re-runs of I love Lucy.

{He thinks we’re all stupid. He’s trying to kill us all and have a grand time while doing it!} Alex realized. It was all beginning to make sense now.

Alex looked around to the other kids and wondered how many of them had braces. The ones that did were likely to have a ’shocking’ experience, if this ride was any indication.

For a second, Alex glanced at Ravynne as he tried to read her expression, all while a thought began to float in his mind. Had they not begun doing some construction on site? Surely there was a tool shed somewhere.

“One second Boss!!” Alex called out as he moved, his eyes searching. He wasn’t being picky at this point. All he needed was a pair of rubber boots and rubber gloves. It didn’t matter how they looked. Furthermore, it had taken him a good twenty minutes to get his hair to sit right on his head this morning. He wasn’t about to have it zapped into a patch of brillo.

Nope. That was to be avoided at all costs.

{ My phone should be safe, I think…..?} he did wonder to himself as well.

Once he was satisfied with his find, Alex made an appearance, acting as cool as can be, as he got in line.

“Hey Boss, do we make a 'cool & crispy' hundred for this one too?” He inquired aloud, internally relived he finally figured out the real challenge.

Besides, If he was going to take such risks, it needed to be for something other than a mere ’thrill’. Right?

Tag: @Lady Belligerent, @HanSolo29, @Mistress_Renata, @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  16. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Ravynne
    At war with her survival instinct

The Embalmer was ready to go. Ravynne carefully rearranged the jars of...bits...to her liking. The eerie lights were behind them, making it seem as if the jars were glowing. She got in front of the display, and took a selfie, studying it carefully. Not quite. She shifted things around and tried again. Okay, the jars looked better, but she hadn't found her light. It took a few moments, but she finally got the perfect selfie, plus a few others, just to be safe, and posted it to her Insta account.

"Prepare...for...fear..." she typed. That was sort of lame. Before she could think about correcting it, the walkie talkie crackled.

"All staff to the new ride! All staff to the new ride!" Remy had been working on something all morning while the young workers tried to figure out their new assignments. His hair was even more disheveled than before, and...was it smoking?

Bumper cars. Really old, shabby looking bumper cars. The paint was a quick-and-dirty with a spray can, which was a pity. There was some genuine Art Deco under there somewhere, that would be beautiful if it was restored properly. When Remy flipped the switch, there was a loud buzz, and a crackle overhead. Sparks flew where the poles touched the electric grid and blue arcs of currents danced and webbed across the ceiling. It did look incredibly cool, but it also seemed as if anyone who climbed aboard would NEED an embalmer!

The tall, dark-haired kid --Alan? Alex?-- disappeared for a moment, returning in massive rubber boots with rubber gloves like the ones they wore in science lab sometimes. It seemed like a wise precaution. She followed the others to take a seat in one of the tiny cars, grateful that she hadn't gone down the waterslide. Doubly grateful that her mom had refused to let her get the belly piercing she'd asked for.

The steering wheel of the car seemed to be some type of plastic or hard rubber. She didn't know what they used in the olden days. She turned to look at --Albert? who was gripping the wheel with a determined grin on his face. It was a fake grin. He was pretending to be confident, but he wasn't any happier than she was about the situation. She reached into her pocket to see what the Tarot had to say, and turned over the top card.

A skeleton wrapped in a dark red cloak, wielding a scythe.

DEATH.

Nope! Outta here!
    But before she could scramble out of the car, the others were moving. Too late!

Tag: @Lady Belligerent, @HanSolo29, @greyjedi125 @Sinrebirth

17. Taylor Neir

Taylor Neir Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2022
    Character Sheet

Name: Jason Yyvic
    Job applying for: seasonal help
    Description or image:
    Height: 5 foot 6 inches
    eye colour: green
    Hair colour: red
    Skin colour: White
    Personality: Funny, understanding and helpful

Yay I am now here. Can't wait to see what happens.

18. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    IC: Jason Yyvic
    First day

This was it.

Jason had been excited to work here ever since he got the job. The trouble was that Jason knew none but his senior staff but that could be changed, right? Jason stepped onto the land and instantly felt right at home. It had been Jason's dream to work at a fun park ever since he was little and now it was a dream come true. Jason never thought for a second that he would be working at a real fun park. Jason reached into his back pocket and pulled out a Iphone 13 in red. It was the latest model. Sure it had a crack at the right hand corner of the screen but other wise it was brand new. Jason then scrolled through his contacts until he clicked onto his best friend. Jason then started typing to him.

"I can't believe I am finally here. This is the best day of my life." Said Jason as he typed each word. Jason then pocketed his phone once more and started walking around the park trying to find the ones who ran the park. All Jason knew was that their names were Remy and Roy.

TAG: @Lady Belligerent, @HanSolo29

19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    In charge of security

Alex was looking around, trying to find a good spot to leave his phone, somewhere it would not simply 'disappear', when he saw someone walking around the grounds in the distance.

"Who the heck is that?" he said aloud, more to himself than anyone else. Alex raised a hand and leveled it over his eyebrows like a visor, so he wouldn't have to squint so hard.

"Is that another employee?" Again, he inquired mostly to himself as he spoke his thoughts.

{'Way to go being late to work, though'} This he did not say, outloud.

"Hey!! We're all over here!!!" Alex suddenly shouted at the top of his lungs as he waved his arm in the air, trying to flag down the newcomer in the distance.

"OVER HERE!!!!" He yelled once again.

{Don't make me have to go over there, OK!?} He commented inside himself as he continued to wave his arm, hoping to be seen by the new kid.

Tag: @Tay Neir , @Lady Belligerent, @HanSolo29 , @Mistress_Renata , @Sinrebirth

20. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022

Jason was busy taking in the sights of the fun park when he saw someone waveing in the distance.

"OVER HERE!!!!" He yelled once again. Jason then walked towards the person.

"Hi, what are you doing out here, shouldn't you be working?" Jason asked

"I'm Jason by the way. Jason Yyvic." Explained Jason holding out his hand.

TAG: @greyjedi125

21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Meet and Greet

Alex blinked his eyes in disbelief!! { The 'cojones' on this guy! Shouldn't I be working!!??}

To his credit, Alex quickly shook off being caught off-guard, and affected a professional smile, then shook the newcomer's hand.

"I'm Alex, and I'll have you know, I AM working. I'm chief of security, by the way. That's a pretty big deal around here, son." Alex said a bit defensively, his voice sounding deeper than it actually was, something he was 'affecting' for some strange reason. Little did Alex know that Jason was actually 20 years old proper, and very likely a whole year older than him.

"Anyway, see that man over there? The one with the frizzy hair and the rising smoking lifting off him? That's your boss. Might as well introduce yourself, since you're ...uhm...late?"

Alex patted Jason on the shoulder.

"That's Remy, just so you get it right."

"Hey Boss!! New kid's here!!" Alex yelled, pointing with his finger at Jason.

Hmm. Maybe he still needed to polish his swag a bit more, if he wanted to be a good greeter.

Tag: @Tay Neir, @Lady Belligerent , @HanSolo29 , @Mistress_Renata , @Sinrebirth

22. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022

"Sorry did't realize you were chief of security, Alex and thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I trust we will see eachother again soon" Jason said to Alex and made his way over to the man that had been pointed out to him.

"Hi I'm Jason, what should I start by doing, Remy is it? Explained Jason and stood waiting for Remy to reply

"Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all, I've already arrived late. not a very good first impression" Jason thought to himself.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @Lady Belligerent, @HanSolo29, @Mistress_Renata, @Sinrebirth

23. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    RPF EFP

A local heat wave had made the water attractions more popular. Which meant Remy had to leave off working on the new rides that he’d just bought at a swap meet, and finish up the race boats.

Nurse Sybelle had made up extra bottles of injury spray and was overheard complaining that she was developing trigger finger from spraying all day. Remy promised he would invent something to save the strain on her finger, but more water attractions would mean less scrapes and burns, right?

Remy looked up and was happy to see the new guy was finally there.

“Alex,” Remy called out his new head of security and greeting operations, “do me a favor and make sure the new guy knows to close his mouth and tuck his head on The Embalmer, I’m not paying for more dental bills.”

Remy’s cell phone chimed and he almost dropped it as he fumbled to read the message. “Cheezus Phantasmagorical Crackers!! They’re here! The boats are here! Everyone to the docks!”

Remy took off sprinting for the large pond, he paid some homeless guys to go into the water on an old kayak and set up the course. He thought he’d been doing them a favor, but antivenom turned out to be really expensive, and a nightmare in general.

He decided he’d just poison the water if the boats didn't scare the snakes away. The fool who named it Snake Pond could have said why it was called that.

There was one dock that had small slips branching off of it, each slip would hold a boat.

“Ravynne, Alex, new kid…err, Jason!” Remy blinked, his eyes dazed from the sun and the heat making him dizzy. “Grab one of the gas cans and fuel up a boat. Put it in the water, we’re going for a test drive.
    [​IMG]

Remy grabbed a boat and dumped in the gasoline, he spilled quite a bit since his eyes were still seeing bright flashes of lights. He didn’t notice and hurried to drag his boat into the water.
    [​IMG]

A particularly nasty looking charcoal colored snake immediately took notice and slowly swam for Remy. A man over on the dock yelled out a warning, “Remy! Snake!!”

Remy screamed like a woman in a cheap horror film and jumped into the boat. He fired up the engine before it was completely in the water, the propeller sent up a shower of leaves and mud as Remy pushed his boat into the water with one leg over the side.

The boats had been altered so they went faster than you would imagine, and the throttle didn’t have a mid-speed option, it was only fast or slow. Remy slowed his boat and shouted to the employees, “contest time! I’ll give $100.00 cash to the best name suggested for this ride!

Tag: @Sinrebirth @HanSolo29 @Mistress_Renata @greyjedi125 @Tay Neir

24. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022

Jason ran after Remy until they had reached a large pond. There was one dock that had small slips branching off of it, each slip would hold a boat. Jason heard Remy shout
    Ravynne, Alex, new kid…err, Jason!” Remy blinked, his eyes dazed from the sun and the heat making him dizzy. “Grab one of the gas cans and fuel up a boat. Put it in the water, we’re going for a test drive." Jason then grabbed a fuel can and filled up a boat. he then followed Remy into the water with the boat and started the engine. It wasn't the best but it held the rider in the boat at least rather than them falling into the snake infested pond.

"This is not the first thing I thought that i would be doing" Jason said to himself. Jason just hoped he didn't get bitten by a snake while on this thing.

contest time! I’ll give $100.00 cash to the best name suggested for this ride!" Jason heard Remy shout.

"Maybe Snake infestion?" Suggested Jason. The name was pretty accurate to the ride. I mean none would know they were real snakes until they were on it, would they?

TAG: @Sinrebirth, @Mistress_Renata, @HanSolo29, @greyjedi125, @Lady Belligerent

25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    SNAAAAKEE!!!

Everything was going swimmingly. The boats had arrived, diverting everyone’s attention to the new ride. Alex had no issue with not getting electrocuted for recreational purposes.

“Hey, new guy! Jason!” Alex called out, while checking which of the boats he liked best. Not that they were anywhere as amazing as he had expected them to be.

“If you hop onto the ‘Embalmer’, make sure to do this:” Alex mimicked the motion of closing one’s mouth then keeping one’s head tucked-in. “Got it?” Alex gave Jason a thumbs-up and a lopsided smile, completely assuming the new arrival understood what he was talking about. The Boss wanted him to tell, so he did as asked.

What was next? Fuel up the boats? Sure. How hard could that be?

Alex went around in a circle, looking for an extra can of gas. He wrinkled his nose, not really caring much for the smelly fumes. Things weren’t so bad, because they could always be worse.

“Remy! Snake!!” someone yelled out in warning.

Alex shrieked like a banshee and dashed in an uncertain direction before coming to a halt.

The shame and embarrasement burned beet red in Alex’s face.

“Freakin’ Snakes on a Plane!! Why did it have to be snakes!!?” he shouted at the situation. Sure, he could be a ‘tough guy’ at any given moment, but the very thought of the cold-slimy sinuous and flaking legless creeping flesh tubes was nothing short of….ugghh!!!

“You had to trigger my Ophidiophobia didn’t ya!!!??”

{“EWW!! EWW!! EWW!!!”}

Alex was having a hard time getting himself back in control.

Tag: @Lady Belligerent, @HanSolo29, @Tay Neir, @Mistress_Renata, @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022