main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference RPG Introduction Service v2.0

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by NaboosPrincess, Mar 4, 2006.

1. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    :confused: ...Interesting?

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Ever wondered where your sent e-mails go? Ever wondered how a forum post is displayed on the message board?

Look no further! It's the IDS: The Internet Service You Take For Granted!

Here, you'll be working as a messenger for the Internet Delivery Service, where you will take messages from one computer and transfer them to the World Wide Internet Database while embarking on not-so-epic adventures that involve carrot ninjas and mind controlled rats.

http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=26569688&brd=10755

So join... you know you want to.

3. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    I'M THINKING ABOUT STARTING AN RPG BUT I DON'T WANT TO POST SOMETHING AND NO ONE RESPONDS, THATS KIND OF EMBARASSING. SO HERE'S A QUICK SYNOPSIS OF MY STORY, PM ME IF YOU'LL WANT TO PLAY, ONCE I HAVE A SUITABLE AMOUNT OF PLAYERS I'LL POST SOMETHING FINAL. BETTER DESCRIPTION WILL BE POSTED ONCE I HAVE ENOUGH CHARACTERS

TIME: after great hyperspace war, before clone wars

The sith are without a master and many sith are claiming the title of Dark lord of the Sith. Without a dominant dark lord the sith are falling apart. Five dominant dark lords with massive armies are preparing to clash with each other to see which one is powerful enough to claim the title of dark lord of the sith. While the sith prepare to destroy each other the jedi have risen to great numbers and are preparing to stop the dark side of the force once and for all.

looking for: sith lords
    bounty hunters, jedi, dark jedi, grey jedi, sith assassins, sith apprentices, pretty much any type of character appropriate.

4. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Star Wars : Twilight Knights I : The Strike

After the Fel Insurgency, the original Empire, led by Roan Fel, was victorious. Soon afterwards, the Empire was no longer an Empire. Due to a Grey Jedi by the name of Dade Leviathan, who appeared to Roan Fel, offering to teach the Imperial Knights how to harness the force in a whole new way. Teaching them how to balance between the Lightside and the Darkside which also did not exist, and only good and evil actions did. He accepted, and that forever changed their policy, making them Twilight Knights, defenders of Balance, and the Empire, was then reorganized to be an Alliance. The Twilight Alliance.

Also, during that time, the Jedi, have been peacefully studying the force at their Temple on Ossus. Their role in the Galaxy had changed in the series of years since the days of the Old and New Republic, and were no longer keepers of peace. They instead, went to their roots, studying the lightside of the force, as the Twilight Knights took the role as keepers of peace in the galaxy.

However, the Sith, were not destroyed, as they were rebuilding at a massive rate. Eventually, they struck from the shadows, taking down the mighty Twilight Alliance and the Jedi, almost completely.

Now, 222 years after the Battle of Yavin, the Sith are confident that there are no remnants alive. They were wrong. Across the galaxy, a rebellion is being readied, by the remains of the Twilight Knights. Their leader, Kev-Mas Colcha, was but a mere Apprentice when the Sith took over the Galaxy, who was found training by other Twilight Knight Refugees on Dagobah, and Kev-Mas, after being trained by the Grandmaster of the order at the time, united the refugees together, as their new Grandmaster, and asked a few of them to go across the Galaxy finding help. They enlisted the help of the Mon Calamari, the remains of the Jedi, the Corellians, the Sullustans, the Bothans, and the Duros. They worked together, underground, amassing a large army in a record time of 2 years.

Now, it was time to strike... For Balance!

The only questions now are, will the Twilight Alliance succeed in destroying the Sith Empire? Or will their attempts by crushed like flies?
    Join today, and shape the destiny of the Future of the Galaxy!

5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    COWBOY BEBOP

The Outlaw Sessions

The Red Dragon gang is at the height of its power.

Crime runs amok in the less developed planets.

Music is at the height of its popularity.

Mankind continues to expand.

Mysterious men begin to plot.

And you've joined the crew of the ship Reinhardt, a rag-tag group of space cowboys trying to make a buck.

Looks like your hands are gonna be pretty full...

See you space cowboy.

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Sith-Imperial War: Turning Point

In essence, a saga depicting the battles between the Sith and Jedi during this era, with the Imperial Knights, Yuuzhan Vong, and every other Force using cult getting dragged into a Galactic War.

In the future I'll be needing Mandalorian and Yuuzhan Vong PC's, and I can never have enough Imperial Knights and Jedi to combat my multiple Sith PCs.

7. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Oooh, Sin, how 'bout askin' for a few more Scum of the Galaxy types like my characters. Seems I'm always just tagging GM.

8. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Roughly halfway through The Amber Spyglass, depending on whether it ends in a manner conducive to an RPG (for once in my life, I'm trying to avoid spoiling myself, so don't think I want you to tell me whether it ends in such a manner), expect my His Dark Materials RPG sometime in the next few weeks.

9. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    If you're feeling like participating in the battle between heaven and hell, then we've got the perfect RPG for you. It's Legio Angelus: Far From Heaven, a NSWRPG getting started up right now. You can find the RPG here, but here's some of the opening post...

Welcome to Legio Angelus: Far From Heaven, an RPG set during the war between Heaven and Hell.

[image=http://www.goodbrush.com/cpg146/albums/commercial_projects/miscprojects/archangel.jpg]

?Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death, I will fear no evil ?
    ? for I am the meanest servant of God who ever marched into the valley.
    ?
    --Archangel Michael, c. 16th century.

SETTING
    It is the present day. A secret war rages all around us. It is a war that has been fought since the beginning of time. It is the war between the angels of God and the demons of Lucifer. A war for the souls of humanity. A war that must be won, else all creation falls into darkness?

As an angel, or as a human brought into the secret conflict between darkness and light, you are on the frontline of the war between Heaven and Hell. You will battle demons, devils, and supernatural powers; save the souls of men; travel across time to keep the enemy from sabotaging the past; and perhaps see Judgment Day arrive ?

CHARACTERS
    Legio Angelus has, as indicated, two types of character for players to enjoy: angels and humans.

Enlightened Humans:
    As an ?enlightened? human you commence the game with knowledge of the existence of angels and demons in mortal form and the fact of the continuing war for humanity?s souls. The human may or may not be pleased about having such knowledge.

Nonetheless, as a human you are able to obtain the favour of an angel (or even an archangel) and, on declaring your allegiance in the secret war, receive the ability to perform a particular supernatural act. As a human you are also not bound by the same rules that an angel is ? although acting in an evil fashion may well result in you losing the favour of the archangel in question. And you, too, will join the war against the darkness with your angel.

All humans start the game without the favour of any particular angel, though that may be granted shortly thereafter.

Angels:
    You start the game as a low-ranking angel, aligned to of one of the Archangels and looking into your archangel?s prime concerns. Your archangel?s prime concerns will be revealed to you after selection; you are, first and foremost, a creature of Divine Will. As you complete missions and comply with your archangel?s concerns, your rank and power as an angel will rise.

Angels are beings of staggering power who must tread lightly upon the Earth. It is unlikely that the physical world could withstand a full-scale battle between the unleashed armies of Heaven and Hell ? such a battle would most likely trigger Armageddon early, which would not keep with the Divine Will and would amount to a default victory for Hell.

As such angels are obliged to obey certain principles laid down by the Council of Archangels:

I. Angels may not kill a human under any circumstances.
    II. Angels may not read a human?s mind. They can, however, read a human?s heart.
    III. Angels may not willfully reveal the existence of the secret war to mortals unless it is in dire necessity. The conflict between Heaven and Hell in the physical world is, of necessity, in a kind of cold war.
    IV. Angels have special abilities usable in mortal form. However, use of these abilities sets off ripples in the spiritual ether and may draw the attention of other celestials ? if not highly attuned humans such as cardinals or witches.
    V. Similarly, prolonged physical battle between angels and

10. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Hey, all. In Saint's above-posted RP, I think we need a few more humans to join up. Just something to consider, since right now I'm the only one....

11. Jedi_Master_76

Jedi_Master_76 Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2007
    I'm a Role-player (I've played elsewhere, but not here as of yet) and am willing to join a Star Wars RP that takes place between the Clone Wars and the Legacy era (Fel dynasty, Krayt, etc.). I'd like to RP one that is relatively new, no more than 10 pages in length. PM me with possible threads, thanks. ;)

12. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    IC: Your Home Television

The jolly, roly-poly shape of the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man dancing on a kitchen counter in one of the company?s latest commercials fades to black. Within seconds, the image is replaced with that of a man, somewhere in his early fifties, in a tan jumpsuit, heavy boots and leather gloves standing in front of an old New York Firehouse. His brown, widow-peaked with age and slightly touched by gray, is combed back and on his back is a highly sophisticated-looking piece of technology. He smiles enigmatically at the screen.

?Hello, friends. My name is Dr. Peter Venkman, Co-Founder of the Ghostbusters. Are you stuck in a dead-end job? Not enjoying what you do? Do you crave adventure and excitement while secretly holding a love and knowledge of the paranormal? Well, do I have an opportunity for!

Starting on July 4, 2005, we will be opening the doors to Ghostbusters International, a franchise corporation that will allow you?yes YOU? to go into business for yourself as your own local Ghostbuster! For only a down payment of $10,500, you too will receive all the tools of the trade to go into business for yourself! Your own Mark II Proton Pack, Ghost traps, PKE Meter and an Ecto-Containment Unit! As well, you will be given the opportunity to come to the first Ghostbusters franchisee seminar, held here in sunny New York City, where we will teach you how to operate and maintain your equipment and properly manage your Ghostbusting operation. Call in the next five minutes and you?ll also receive my special DVD, ?Dr. Peter Venkman?s Ten Keys to Successful Ghostbusting.? In this special presentation you?ll find the secrets that I have personally developed to keep the original Ghostbusters running strong since 1984!

With an offer like that, how can you resist? So what are you waiting for! Call now!?

A phone number soon appears on the bottom of the screen, as well as a line of small print which reads, 24 additional payments of $500 due each month after initial down payment. Storage space with appropriate power resources for Ecto-Containment Unit required. Two Proton Pack and Three Ghost Traps included with each franchise. Further Charges applicable for additional equipment. Ghostbusters International will not be held responsible for potential injury or death caused by ghosts, specters, poltergeists, banshees, demons, elemental spirits, ancient demi-gods, gods or any other paranormal entities.

------------

In the summer of 2007, when otherworldly spooks and specters begin to rise in the Windy City, who ya gonna call?

[image=http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8756/ghostbustersposter1zw6.jpg]

13. Beta-Commando

Beta-Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2007
    If you want an RPG constructed by a team of pros, and not by a single person, than Fleet Commander: Rise of the Empire is for you! (Produced in collaberation with non-members of TFN)

A sample of the first post:

The year is 19 BBY, and the Clone Wars appear to be coming to an end. The CIS hangs on to control of the Outer Rim, and a few scarce planets located in the Mid-Rim, and have been staying on the defensive for a time. But unbeknowest to the Republic, the CIS has a foothold in the Eclipse System, where the Republic hold is weak, their assuming that the Deep Core is totally safe ultimately proving to be near fatal. Now, the first battle of the possible turning point, in favor of the CIS, is dawning.

As both the Republic and the CIS have sustained heavy losses in their fighting, so too, have they lost many high-ranking Admirals. New strategic-minded recruits have been gathered from all over the galaxy to replace the fallen officers. Can these new recruits bear the pressures and responsibilities of command and lead their troops to victory? Or will they crumble and their forces fall to the hands of the enemy? Only time will tell...

The Character Sheet:

Name:
    Alias:
    Species:
    ---Species-relevant Details:
    Homeworld:
    Affiliation:
    Personality:
    Appearance:
    The Force:
    ---Lightsaber Description:
    Biography:
    Fleet:

I hope to see you there!

14. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Once upon a time, there were wizards and warlocks, kings and queens, dwarves and trolls, Jedi and Sith...and 7 ways to change a galaxy.

The Seven Orphans of Ossus

15. uriash

uriash Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2007
    Hi guys! Im quite new to the SWRPF (i cracked your codenames... just kidding) but i have been playing quite a bit of role-playing games. so, because of that and and because of the fact that i can't find a game which really is good and fitting, i decided to Co-GM or GM a game. However, i don't really know how to and i dont have a really good idea. is there any one who wants to GM a game with me? andybody looking for a CO-GM? or anybody nice enough to give me an idea and guide me through the "GMing Experiance?"?

16. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Ever wanted to be a superhero? Ever wanted to be a celebrity? Ever wanted to be both? Here's your chance: Isaiah Rivers: A Super-Powered RPG is now playing in the NSWRPG. Join, you know you want to.

17. knuffe

knuffe Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2007
    My name is morten, and im from norway. you still need players for this forum game?

18. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    In the Post Mandalorian Wars Galaxy. The Republic is preparing for a new war, however unexpected. What they did not know was the secret organization that was testing fate by attempting to change it

The Death's Head Assassin Guild

Join Today

DEATH'S HEAD

19. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Introducing: War of the Sith Part IV: The Invasion of the Cha'ala

When a mass of alien creatures known as the Cha invade the galaxy it is thrown to ruin. From past battles many systems lat destroyed. In teh midst of this how will the Republic, who is trying to rebuild, the Jedi, who has taken many tolls as a result of this war and even the Sith, who are threatened deeply by the incoming invasion of the Cha, survive? Join now and help to save the galaxy.

The Invasion begins here...

20. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    In regards to the former post:

Any character sheets should be sent to myself, as the main GM is currently unavailable. Excuse my mishap.

21. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    Hello one and all I'm currently in the works of creating a new rpg based about 1 thousand years after the Legacy time. Currently I am seeking Co-gm's who are willing to help me create this game.

At the moment there will be 3 sith orders (willing to have 6 sith orders) Each order will have a dark lord of the sith or Dark Lady of the sith. One order will have Both a Dark Lord and Dark Lady.

The Jedi will not only be an order but be a ruling government...aka in charge of the Republic of Light
    Like the Sith the Jedi are divided into mulitiple orginzations one that mirrors the ancient Jedi but are in control of the republic.

The Empire will also still be around but it's knights are divided by those who are loyal to the empire and those to it's ruler.

Dark jedi, Twilight Jedi and the grey Jedi will also have there own groups along with the Jensaari,ect...

All species will be allowed in this game but I have created a unique indepth character sheet...in you are instrusted please PM me.

22. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Announcing...

[image=http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/en_US/images/features/senate/senate_hdr.jpg]

The Senate Game

Coming for a January Release, Imperial_Hammer Studios, partnering with Prenn Productions, is proud to present for its 10th game in the RPF, the Star Wars Senate Game. Drawing from other Senates on these boards, such as the EU Senate and the SWC Senate Game, the RPF's Senate Game focuses on mixing together the best of these efforts into one revolutionary gaming experience.

Each player will start out the game as newly elected Senators after the recent, historic midterm elections. A load of incumbent Senators were booted out, and its up to you to fill in their roles! The game will start off with two broadly defined parties, of which players will associate themselves to. From there, its up to the Senators to define their party, their personal roles, and their record of votes within the Senate.

Prenn and myself will be the GM team for this venture, and the players will be interacting with us on a variety of levels. Our primary role will be to craft the pan galactic situations that need the attention of the Senate to address. From the legislation passed, the galaxy will change accordingly, and new things will happen in response. Our secondary role will be to liaise with each player to serve as their feedback from their constituents. Through PMs, we'll be outlining what your people want, and it will be up to you to make that happen. Finally, each of the GMs will be supervising the goals of the two starting parties of the game. Prenn will be the GM for the liberal-leaning party, and I the GM for the conservative-leaning one. Our jobs there will be one more of coordination and oversight, to make sure that everything gets settled and is working together.

Between these efforts, we hope to get a good game coming together! It should be pretty straight forward, taking place mostly on Coruscant, and should provide a unique experience that has something for everyone. Although there have been many political games in the past, none has given players right off that bat as much administrative freedom in choosing their destiny within the game.

In short, Prenn and I hope to provide a framework on which players can build their government and see it flourish and grow. Players can feel free to grind it deep into partisanship, riddle it with corruption, run it cleanly, fracture it into many different parties, consolidate the parties into one, or anything else they can come up with. Each will have a great deal of influence on the game.

So come one and come all to the greatest show on these boards. With the presidential race of 2008 going on, don't you want a little bit of the action yourself? See what its like to run a government, and test your mettle against the system. Do you have what it takes to make a better galaxy for the masses?

Only one way to find out! Take a look at the RPF Senate Game, coming soon to the SWRPF!

An [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/Imperial_Hammer/ImperialHammer3.jpg] and [image=http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7782/prennxg6.jpg] Game!

23. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    @ Imp: I suppose this is what set Light off in the GDG?

24. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    See my PM Sephy. ;)

-I_H

25. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    The Jade Lance is now playing in the NSWRPF. If you like fantasy and/or steampunk, this'll probably be right up your alley. It's a sequel to Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy. Stop on by, and maybe you'll wanna join.