main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Rules for **6 Degrees of Star Wars** (starting soon)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedigal, Jan 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Well, a long time ago, on a FanForce thread far far away, I suggested we try a new game. I've thought up a way to work it, so I'm gonna give it a whirl. The game's open to anyone who posts on any FanForce forums. There WILL be prizes! I will determine prizes BEFORE the game starts, and post them here.

So, without further ado, let me introduce:
    "6 DEGREES of STAR WARS"

For anyone who doesn't remember the game 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon, it worked like this:
    You try to link any given actor to Kevin Bacon in the following manner, each 'step' being one 'degree', with no more than 6 degrees. For example:
    1st degree O.J. Simpson was in 'Naked Gun' w/
    2nd degree Priscilla Presley, who was in 'Ford Fairlaine' w/
    3rd degree Gilbert Gottfreid, who was in 'Beverly Hills Cop II' w/
    4th degree Paul Reiser, who was in 'Diner' w/Kevin Bacon

Same idea, except that instead of linking to Kevin Bacon, you will need to link with ANY actor from ANY of the Star Wars Films. Here are a few extra guidelines:
    1. You must state which Star Wars Film your connecting actor was in: i.e.,...who was in 'Trainspotting' w/Ewan McGregor (Episode I).
    2. You may use the original films AND the Special Editions.
    3. Only actors may be used to connect links, not directors, producers, writers, etc., unless that person made a cameo appearance in the film.

So, you ask, how do I win great prizes? Good question. I'm going to award points, and the person with the most points wins!

The game will run for ONE MONTH. Each day during the month I will post the names of 5 actors. Then you post your solutions. The first person to post a solution for each actor earns 1 point. You don't have to wait until you have solved all 5, if you solve one, post it and get the point.

Even if the next round of actors has been listed, if a solution has not been posted for an actor from a previous day, solutions will still be accepted for that actor. So don't give up.

What if someone has already posted a solution that took 6 steps, but you found a solution with only 4 steps? Well, you're in luck. If you can post a shorter solution for an actor that has already been solved, you will earn 2 points. You are NOT eligible for this if you are the person who posted the first solution.

At the end of a month, whoever has the most points wins. I will post a scorecard occasionally to make it easier to keep track of your competition. Once we get going, depending on how many days between me posting the actors and someone posting a solution, at the end of the month, I may allow a few extra days to turn in solutions.

I anticipate that there will be some days when I cannot, for one reason or another, get to a computer with internet access to post the actors for that day. In the event that occurs, I will post those PRIOR to my anticipated absence. So, if I expect to be away from the internet for two days, the day before I will post THREE DAYS worth of actors (15)! I will try to give advance warning of when this will be happening so you can be sure to check the forum that day.

Stay tuned for information on the starting date and what the prizes will be!!

2. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    OK, I've already decided to make one CHANGE: five actors a day for a month is too many! After all, I might want to run this game again sometime.

So, I don't know is I want to decrease the number of names, decrease the length of time the game runs, or some combination of both. But, I'll make a decision and post that here.

The starting date I anticipate for the game is Monday January 29.

3. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    I decided to drastically reduce the number of actors names to solve. Instead of 5 actors PER DAY, it's going to be 5 actors PER WEEK.

The game will run during the month of February. Each Friday in Feb I will post 3 names, and each Monday in Feb I will post 2 names. This is a total of 20 points possible unless anyone beats a prior solution. Unless I post otherwise during the course of the game, the last day for solutions to be posted will be February 28.

I WILL make decisions ASAP regarding what prizes will be offered. I see possibilities for ties to develop, and I'll try to take that into consideration.

Remember, the first actors' names will be posted February 2nd (on a new thread).

4. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    *****PRIZES*****

OK, I finally have the prizes

- Trio of Trade Federation Fighter Droids (they fly or walk) made by Hasbro
    - 50 Piece "Mini Puzzle" 5"x7"; your choice of Sebulba, Amidala, or Pit Droid
    - Brand-spankin'-new copy of "The Essential Chronology"
    - HARDCOVER copy of SW:ANH
    - Episode 1 Action Figure; Your choice of Ki-Adi-Mundi or OOM-9

THE GAME BEGINS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!
    May the Force be with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.