main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rules for the Non-Spoiler Forum: MUST READ

Discussion in 'Archive: ROTS (Non-Spoilers): Registration' started by stinrab, Dec 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    These are the rules for the 3NS forum. Read them and become familiar with them. Anyone who breaks one of these rules is likely to lose their access to the forum and face a permanent ban.

The rules, as of 3/22/02 (by Mr. P and cbjedi) are as follows and updated to reflect the release of AOTC by wstraka5, stinrab and Mace Windy on 8/18/02:

----

Welcome to the JC. While you're here, I hope you'll drop by the non-spoiler forum. The following is our most current set of rules for what is and is not considered spoiler material

These are the rules that apply to the entire JC (with the exception of the 3SA forum)

1) Anything dated prior to May 19, 2002 from any official or unofficial source is not a spoiler.

2) Anything said by Lucas, McCallum, or any other individual ranking high in the Lucasfilm hierarchy is not a spoiler.

3) Anything said by a mid- to lower- level employee, like the ones who leak info to TF.N, is a spoiler.

3) Quotes from actors, stunt doubles, etc., who were on the set of Episode 3 are not considered spoilers.

4) Any information from any issue of Star Wars Insider is not a spoiler. Information from any tabloid or other publication dated after 5/19/02 is.

5) Any information taken from the official site, including the Select pics, is not a spoiler.

6) When the time comes, the posters and trailers will not be considered spoilers.

7) Of course, all sorts of speculation based on information obtained from the non-spoiler sources above is acceptable and welcome.

Information from the OS will now be discussed in relevant OS threads. These threads will be divided into categories, thereby moving all discussion on those matters to there. In addition, this will, hopefully, help those who wish to remain completely spoiler-free as OS information will be contained to these threads.

The following are certain actions that are not allowed in the Non-Spoiler Forum to keep it devoid of spoilers:

1) Posting highlightable text (ex: highlightable). This makes it very easy for a troll to hide spoilers, and makes it harder to administrate in general. They also will be seen when the colors of the board change.

2) Linking to the Episode III (Spoilers Allowed) forum. Linking to a thread in the SA forum is not allowed because then people would have to venture into SA to get someone's point, and they could be easily spoiled. It presents a temptation to non-spoiler members, and if one needs to refer to a SA thread, they can easily simply quote the parts of the thread that they refer to, editing out the spoiler parts since they would not contribute to the discussion, and obviously because they are spoilers.

3) Discussing opinions of Episode III based on spoilers. Threads such as "Don't get too hyped up about episode III" are not allowed since they are informing and discussing spoilers. Opinions of Episode III based on speculation are allowed, but not based on spoilers. Based on spoilers means that they are discussing spoilers, and that is not allowed in the NS forum.

4) Posting an item which has the possibility of being, or can be perceived as, a spoiler.
    Speculation is the desired form of discussion.

We reserve the right to restrict certain users from posting in the non-spoiler forum, such as users whose names contain spoilers and those with spoilers in their signatures. In order to achieve the utmost protection, spoiled mods and members should also limit their participation in this forum.

Off-topic polls will be created on a regular basis by 3NS forum mods for the purpose of community building. Only forum mods are allowed to create such polls. If you would like a certain topic to be addressed, simply PM a 3NS mod and it will be considered

These rules are constantly under debate and are sometimes modified. The only way the rules will be changed is if the regular posters to the non-spoiler forum agree revisions are needed, or in special cases wh

2. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    I revoke my spoiler history. I understand and will comply with the rules.

3. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    I understand and will comply with the rules.

4. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    I understand and comply.

5. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I understand the rules and will comply.

6. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    Rules, read, understood and bookmarked for reference.

7. MaulsWoman

MaulsWoman Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 2, 2000
    I won't be leaking any information about the movies or any other spoilers. I am strictly entertainment in social settings. No talk about SW in spoiler mode and any other movie for that matter.

Please can I join?

8. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    How can I join up?

9. Toppings

Toppings Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2003
    can i please be accepted?

10. JediAl

JediAl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 11, 2002
    I'm in....where do I sign up?

11. Ice Jedi

Ice Jedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 3, 2000
    i have read and understand the rules

12. darthyvaderburger

darthyvaderburger Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2002
    I have read the rules and undertand them and agree and am excited an please please let me join. Thanks.

13. darthdrago

darthdrago Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2003
    I agree to the posted rules and stipulations for this forum.

14. scott44

scott44 Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2003
    I understand the rules and will comply

15. Count_Navillus

Count_Navillus Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2002
    I love these rules

16. chaoticewok

chaoticewok Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    I understand and obey.

17. TK42I

TK42I Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 23, 2003
    Can I see you identification?

You don't need to see our identification.
    We don't need to see your identification.

These are't the droids you're looking for.
    These are't the droids we're looking for.

We may go about our business.
    You may go about your business.

Move along.
    Move along.

I will comply.
    I will comply.

18. Edge122A3

Edge122A3 Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2003
    i understand the rules and will obey them at all times.

19. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Okies I understand the rules.

20. DarthBalls04

DarthBalls04 Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2004
    i read and comply. SPOILER FREE TIL EPISODE 3!!!

21. crazyredkeeper

crazyredkeeper Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2004
    i understand and comply to the rules

22. sharkboy

sharkboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    I understand and agree.

23. Masterkyp44

Masterkyp44 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2002
    I agree and will abide by the rules.

24. Porkins_Dietician

Porkins_Dietician Jedi Master star 1

Jan 16, 2002
    No spoilers for me please.

25. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    I'm only a little spoiled, can I please join? I will comlpy with the rules of the 3NS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.