main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rummaging through Tool Kits~ AU, Ahsana Horn (OC), Dear Diary 2009 Challenge, Completed 26/12/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MiralukaJedi, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Thanks. Glad you liked it. Anyways, onward and upward!

PM list
    VaderLVR64

Entry # 11

Today, I got to meet some new people. And these weren't the two trainees that Dad, Grandpa, and Aunt Talli have already gathered up. Wasn't anymore obnxious pilots either. No, these were more Jedi. Fully trained Jedi. Aside from Grandpa's old friend and Luke, I've never really met any Jedi outside of my family before. That means meeting people who can do telekinesis like Aunt Talli can, which I can't do unless I make people think I'm doing it. This is going to be really interesting but also a little weird. For some reason growing up, I always thought that energy absorption and mind altering abilities like those in my family were normal. Apparently, they aren't really. Talk about getting a reality check.

There were two of them and both have already been serving with the Alliance for some time. One's a guy about Dad's age and maybe a little shorter than he is. With black and white hair, Corwin Shelvay is a Purge survivor who cast his lot with the Rebels years ago. Now, he's throwing his lot with us. No idea what he can do, guess we'll have to see.

The other is a woman about twenty two or so. She's has red hair and is a little taller than I am. Her name's Fable Astin and she seems a little haunted. She's been on the run from something since the day she was born early in the Clone Wars, so I guess that could do it to a person.

Now, there are nine of us instead of the five we started out with. Still out numbered about one to I don't know a million? It'll get better though. The Imps can't win forever.

Ahsana, signing off.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Now, there are nine of us instead of the five we started out with. Still out numbered about one to I don't know a million? It'll get better though. The Imps can't win forever.

Wonderful update! =D=

3. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks. Next, something a little more lighthearted. The next phase in the Janson-Klivian vs. Horn prank war....part II [face_laugh]

PM list
    VaderLVR64

Entry # 12

Janson has struck again! Apparently, he didn't get the idea that pranking someone with superior techincal skill was a dumb idea. Simple lessons just don't seem to sink through his thick skull. Blast!

This time, he thought it might be funny to mess with the 'fresher in my quarters. It wasn't the lights they messed with this time, it was the controls and taps. Now it sprays out silly string when I hit the sonic shower controls and somehow~ I've got to give them an A for creativity and effort here- starts spouting out ads for the latest movies of the HoloNet's greatest heartthrobs. GAAHHH! I think I heard enough of the acting virtues of Wynessa Starflare, Garrick Loran, and the lot to last me a lifetime this morning. If I ever meet any of them and find them talking about the same things, I'm seriously going to have to consider either shooting myself with the nearest available blaster or impaling myself on my own lightsaber.

I've tried being nice, I really have. But he and Hobbie decided to do this (I know it was them, I heard them laughing in the mess about it at lunch), so I will be returning the favour. So, I came up with something rather quickly. On the next supply run that Mirax does, I'll see if I can convince her to get a hold of some of those holos and their cases that those actors are really known for. And I'll also ask if she might see to getting a hold of some children's holos too. You see where I'm going with this yet?

That's right. I'm going to go and replace the holos with the children's holos but keep the cases and give them to them as 'gifts'. Say theirs no hard feelings and I hope they enjoy themselves. I'll probably have to mess with their players too or provide them with a modified one for this to work. See how they enjoy two or three hours with Blarney the Purple Gungun and the Jolly Giant Togorian. They want a prank war, I fully intend to deliver them one.

Keep your tool kits handy and your holo recorders on, this should be fun!

Ahsana, signing off

4. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Keep your tool kits handy and your holo recorders on, this should be fun!

We'll see if it turns out to be fun! ;)

=D=

5. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Yes, yes we will. In the diary, we get the abbreviated version. The full version can be found here on this link. I just had to write it in full. I couldn't help myself :p. Anyways, here's the thing from Ahsana's point of view.

PM list
    VaderLVR64

Entry # 13

My supplies are here and I've started getting things set up on my end for the big showdown. The holo vid cases and the vids are here, so I've started going through them to make sure that they are exactly what I wanted. As good as her word, Mirax got me exactly what I asked for. And Force, are these characters ever knowing. I definitely didn't miss anything there in not watching Blarney the Purple Gungun and the Jolly Giant Togorian as a youngling.

But this is perfect for two over-grown children. Well, okay, one over-grown child (Wes Janson) and maybe one whose managed to mature to at least adolescance (Hobbie). Maybe. They should think this 'gift' is fitting for that, don't you think?

I'm still debating going and putting together the modified holo player with a camera to watch their reactions, but that strikes me as too much of something that Janson would do. I'll probably skip that one- they'll probably be very thankful that I don't have that sort of mean streak in me. I'm probably a little too good natured for that. So, I'll stick with hearing the tales of woe after the fact. I really don't think I want to see mirrors of my own reaction to my very brief review of the prank supplies.

Just hoping that the rest of my friends in the Rogues and everyone else doesn't get caught up in this or I'll never hear the end of it.

Ahsana, signing off

6. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Hmm...last entry didn't seem to get any takers. Might need to do something about that. Just a question of what. :confused:.

Anyways, hope someone out there is actually reading and enjoying this. And please, please respond. I promise I don't bite.

PM list
    VaderLVR64

Entry # 14

Haven't heard completely the reactions to the prank yet. Hopefully it will prove to Janson he can't beat me and get him to leave me alone. But then he'll more likely up the stakes, meaning I'll have to be prepared to be more creative. Blast it all to the Nine Corellian hells!

Not that I can't do it, it's just a bit of a bother sometimes. Anyways, onwards and upwards!

Corran came back from a mission he was helping Knight Astin to supervise of the two other Padawans that Dad and Grandpa took. He brought back a lot of company that ended up crammed into Mirax's poor ship. It's such a shame people overload space craft like that, even if it is by necessity. Don't people know what happens when you do that to ships on a regular basis?

They found another group of Purge survivors on their little jaunt. Mostly Padawans or initiates in a creche but there were two Masters there too. Nice. So now, there are fifteen Jedi in the galaxy that I know of. Cool. Wonder what new tricks I'll be able to pick up now!

Ahsana, signing off

7. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I've gotten behind in my reading! My husband just started working out of town, I've been working more hours than usual, and now I've got to take care of my mother-in-law, who moved in a few months ago. So.... I have no good excuse, but I'm here! :p

Anyway, loved the last updates! Keep up the good work. =D=

8. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks okay. Mostly trying to lure out the lurkers...didn't seem to work but I digress. Glad you liked the last updates and here's more. Another entry in the prank war. This time with ration bars and lipstick for some reason.

PM list
    VaderLVR64

Entry # 15

Interesting thing happened the other day. Saw Janson hitting on one of the new Jedi, a brunette woman named Tacine Garay. He got slapped for his trouble and I started laughing at him from my perch on an X-wing I was doing some work on. So, he asks me why I was laughing and I explained it to him.

"You're probably hitting on the wrong woman, Janson. They're old-style Jedi, not rogues. She had a good reason for slapping you." I said.

"You mean other than the fact that Janson'll probably go after the next pretty face he sees?" Hobbie asked, obviously curious for some reason as to the reason for this distinction. No idea why personally his interest, but someday I might I guess. Maybe he likes Padawan Garay himself or Knight Astin or something.

"Well, there is that but no. See, Jedi aren't supposed to have attachments. Kind of includes romantic attachments. Sorry, but that seems to be the way she'll feel unless she changes her mind." I shrugged.

"But you guys don't seem to care about that. So, do you think there's a chance that she might change her mind?"

"Maybe," I had said before proceeding to open my mouth further than I should have. "When ration bars fly."

I really need to learn a little better how to keep my mouth shut. Or else I wouldn't have ended up harassed by flying ration bars attached to miniature repulsar sheds for a day and a half. Or ones that crawl around my tool kit because they have little motors attached to them.

I did get back at them...and you do know who I mean by them. I got a hold of some special lipstick that we used in an undercover mission to a small planet in the Outer Rim awhile ago where I ended up posing as a waitress in a really seedy cantina before I could work my magic on a shield generator that helped to protect a tiny Imp garrison. And do you want to know what I did with that lipstick? I wrote on their foreheads of course.

Probably not going to like how they get back at me for this one.

Ahsana, signing off.

9. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I really need to learn a little better how to keep my mouth shut. Or else I wouldn't have ended up harassed by flying ration bars attached to miniature repulsar sheds for a day and a half. Or ones that crawl around my tool kit because they have little motors attached to them.

[face_laugh] =D=

10. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks! Here's to the next entry!

PM list
    VaderLVR64

Entry # 16

Well, we're evacuating the Thilia base and from what Dad and everyone else says, going mobile for now. Which means things have been a bit crazy for the past week or so. Prank war and Jedi training notwithstanding.

The reaction to the lipstick writing wasn't entirely what I expected. Janson didn't notice that he had 'man-child' written on his head in bright pink lipstick for about two days and nobody could bring themselves to tell him either without laughing their heads off. Hobbie noticed it alright and he immediately came to take it up with me too.

"Why the hell did you go and write henchman on my head in pink lipstick?" He was angry with me, that was for sure. Now I wondered where the death threats that he usually gave Janson after a particularly elaborate prank would come in. This time, towards me.

"Let's see. You helped Janson pull that stupid prank with the ration bars, so I thought that payback was in order. You know the rules. Ye who pranks me is ye who gets pranked back. As for the lipstick, it does come off. It's just really hard to get off."

"How do you get it off?" He mumbled back. He seemed to want to tell me something but was holding back. Yeah, I've got strange friends.

"Just a little water and elbow grease."

And that was the end of it. And the chaos of the evacuation ensued.

Talk to you again when I know for sure where we're going to be next.

Ahsana, signing off.

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    The reaction to the lipstick writing wasn't entirely what I expected. Janson didn't notice that he had 'man-child' written on his head in bright pink lipstick for about two days and nobody could bring themselves to tell him either without laughing their heads off. Hobbie noticed it alright and he immediately came to take it up with me too.

"Why the hell did you go and write henchman on my head in pink lipstick?" He was angry with me, that was for sure. Now I wondered where the death threats that he usually gave Janson after a particularly elaborate prank would come in. This time, towards me.

"Let's see. You helped Janson pull that stupid prank with the ration bars, so I thought that payback was in order. You know the rules. Ye who pranks me is ye who gets pranked back. As for the lipstick, it does come off. It's just really hard to get off."

That's the rule in our family. If you prank someone, be prepared to be pranked back. Twice as bad! :p

Great update. =D=

12. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks. Gotta love that prank war [face_laugh] And don't worry, there will be more pranks, tools, rain and musings to keep you entertained for ages :D

PM list
    VaderLVR64

Entry # 17

Maybe...a word that seems to be occupying my mind a lot lately. You know: meaning and such. I'm not sure why it's been bothering me so much but there has to be a reason for it. Maybe I should try meditating or something to sort it out. That might work. Or not. Whenever I try that option, it just seems to make things worse. So, I only do it in great need and I haven't exactly reached that point yet.

Maybe. Maybe I will end up dying out here or be captured by the Empire. Maybe I will fall in love and experience all that such things entail. Maybe I'll have my heart broken and never be the same again. Maybe I'll see everyone that we left behind on Tatooine again or maybe I won't. Maybe I'll make new friends and maybe there will be friends that I'll never see again.

Maybe. Force how I hate that word.

[hr]

13. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Well, here's the next bit and hope everyone out there enjoys!

PM list
    VaderLVR64

Entry # 18

Force help us all! Janson has discovered perhaps the most annoying creatures in the universe and has started using them in his pranks. And in this case, I have only myself to blame. That's right. Wes Janson has discovered the power of Gunguns in his pranks.

Everyone has discovered this too- he's been pulling pranks on everyone involving audio files, 'Gungun food', children's toys, and pretty much anything else that you can imagine that could involve Gunguns. Including the holo vids from my own prank months earlier that I'm starting to think might have unwittingly created a monster. Well, as much of a monster one can be if they become obsessed with pulling pranks involving Gunguns.

I need a plan- some way to get back at him without introducing him to new pranking ideas. Some way that doesn't lead to others groaning in my presence when they see me stalking the hanger bay with my tool kit or shudder at the mention of my name.

Force help us all though if Janson ever is introduced to something that he becomes obsessed with something that holds the potential to be even more annoying in his pranks than Gunguns. I hope I never live to see it if he does.

Ahsana, signing off

14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    :eek:
    That's right. Wes Janson has discovered the power of Gunguns in his pranks.

:eek:

Is that allowed?

Oh, my.

[face_laugh]

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Everyone has discovered this too- he's been pulling pranks on everyone involving audio files, 'Gungun food', children's toys, and pretty much anything else that you can imagine that could involve Gunguns. Including the holo vids from my own prank months earlier that I'm starting to think might have unwittingly created a monster. Well, as much of a monster one can be if they become obsessed with pulling pranks involving Gunguns.

Loved it! =D= [face_laugh]

16. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Wow! A new reader! [:D].

But to me, sure it is. I mean Janson would have had to start out somewhere before the Ewoks, so why not Gunguns? They seem like such a natural starting point for him.

Well, just have to see how that goes for him though...and everyone else. :p

17. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks! And now, on to Operation End Gungun! Well, part one anyways.

PM list
    VaderLVR64

Entry # 19

A group of us tired of Janson's Gungun pranks have decided to pool our efforts together in an effort to find a way to prank him enough to try and get him to at least drop the Gunguns. Basically, it's everyone he's really pranked bad with the Gungun stuff.

Our group is fairly diverse. Pilots, Jedi, mechanics, medics- anyone that's ever been pranked lately with the Gunguns. Here's a short list anyways:

*Wedge Antilles
    *Mirax and Corran~ Janson pranked them in the middle of one of their dates. Neither of them are amused
    * Hobbie~ No surprise there. He's pranked nearly as often as he helps Janson prank me.
    * Fable Astin
    *Tacine Garay and Kennan Taanzer~ Tacine for the pranks, Kennan for pranks and Tacine
    * Taum Min~ Sullustian mechanic who works with me
    *Wed Geen~ Rodian medic who suggests that we threaten Janson with vibroblades to make him stop. A little extreme in my opinion. Pranking him back is more fun anyways.

So begins Operation End Gungun. Wish us luck!

Ahsana, signing off

18. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    *Wedge Antilles
    *Mirax and Corran~ Janson pranked them in the middle of one of their dates. Neither of them are amused
    * Hobbie~ No surprise there. He's pranked nearly as often as he helps Janson prank me.
    * Fable Astin
    *Tacine Garay and Kennan Taanzer~ Tacine for the pranks, Kennan for pranks and Tacine
    * Taum Min~ Sullustian mechanic who works with me
    *Wed Geen~ Rodian medic who suggests that we threaten Janson with vibroblades to make him stop. A little extreme in my opinion. Pranking him back is more fun anyways.

[face_laugh] Loved it! =D=

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I love this!!!! Ahsana rocks... she's a techy type :cool: and a deliciously mischievous prankster [face_laugh] I cracked up over the silly string and the Blarney the Purple Gungan [face_laugh] Cool too that there are Jedi being found from the Purges :D This is a great companion to Year in the Dust Bowl but it also adds some wonderful details of the Horns' experiences with the Rebellion and the Rogues. :)

I'd love on the PM list please. Oooh, this prank war is too funny!!!
    [face_dancing]

20. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Definitely. You've got it!

21. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks! And here comes more right up!

PM list
    VaderLVR64
    Jade_eyes

Entry # 20

Operation End Gungun has been temporarily put off due to most of the conspirators being off on missions and assignments. So, there aren't enough people to brainstorm for ways of getting back at Janson for terror by Gungun. Not much that can be done about that though. It's not as if we're really going anywhere between missions or anything.

For instance, I've just gone off on another sabotage/fact-finding mission. With Aunt Talli, as always. I'd tell you more about it, but it's all highly classified and hush-hush. So, no sharing of any information here or anywhere else for that matter. But I can tell you we think we found another few Force-sensitives on the run from the Empire.

I'll tell you more later and fill more on Operation End Gungun later.

Ahsana, signing off

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh the suspense is killing me. :D I have a feeling it'll cure the irrepressible Wes if anything can. ;) And glad they keep finding refugee Jedi. [face_dancing] Seems reasonable that there would be quite a lot.

[face_thinking]

23. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Ah, but there hasn't been too much that has stopped the prank war yet. Wes doesn't give up easily, but then 'Sana doesn't either. To me, it always stood to be reasonable that there would be refugee Jedi out there waiting to be found and random Force-sensitives lying about, even if we really don't see too much of that. Seems reasonable, so I go from there.

Anyways, here comes the next part of Operation End Gungun....

PM list
    VaderLVR64
    Jade_eyes

Entry # 21

Operation End Gungun has gained another conspirator to get Janson for his newfound obsession with Gunguns. Apparently, Janson was dumb enough to mess with the [i]Falcon[/i] and has made Captain Solo and Chewbacca beyond angry. I'm not too sure on all the details- the man still refuses to let me or anyone on my maintenance team touch his precious ship- but that it probably involved Gunguns.

I can imagine quite a few things that Janson might have done to have made them this angry. Probably a little more serious than the posters I found plastered in my quarters that one time or the stuffed Gungun he calls Tricky that he uses to torment the other Rogues. Or even the clips of Gungun inspired youngling shows and songs he bothers all of us with. If he was really confident and really stupid about things, it probably would have involved all three and all at once. No wonder Solo's so ticked.

Well, we'll probably have to move really fast on this one now. So, I'm off to another ultimate prank planning meeting.

Ahsana, signing off

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, Wes is gonna be sor-ry! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_mischief] [face_mischief]

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    =D=

Operation End Gungun has gained another conspirator to get Janson for his newfound obsession with Gunguns. Apparently, Janson was dumb enough to mess with the Falcon and has made Captain Solo and Chewbacca beyond angry. I'm not too sure on all the details- the man still refuses to let me or anyone on my maintenance team touch his precious ship- but that it probably involved Gunguns.

You mess with the Falcon, and you've made yourself an enemy! [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.