main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor: ST timeline to be changed via Rebels' Veil of the Force

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Durge27, Jul 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durge27

Durge27 Jedi Padawan star 1

May 15, 2020
  2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It's definitely bogus, the YouTube channel that reported it is a Disney ST hate channel known for making up stuff to generate views.

Never going to happen, Disney invested too much money into the ST to discard it now

DarthPhilosopher and Durge27 like this.
  3. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Even if they do that, they still will mess things up like the X-Men movies.

4. Darth Megatronus

Darth Megatronus Jedi Knight star 3

May 17, 2020
    How do you know?

5. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    There would be nothing awesome about it. It would acomplish nothing. The movies are done, you don't go back and change stuff just because some people don't like what happened. It would be Dallas-level "the entire last season was just a dream" kind of bad. That's the best way to ruin everything you have.

It's nothing but wishful thinking from a bunch of haters on youtube. It's not a rumour, it is nonsense, like basically everything they put out there.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    GregMcP likes this.
  6. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    What I would say is that Lucasfilm doesn't have to nesersarily 'erase' the ST to utilise/explore the 'veil of the force' concept. At this point, given the fact that it featured so heavily in the last series of Rebels, I'd say it's a given that Lucasfilm will have had conversations about how they could potentially use this going forward... after all, a signifiant SW character (Ahsoka Tano) was saved from certain death by altering the past (I'm assuming this is canon?). This isn't something I would want to see in live action Star Wars (time travel/altering the past), but it doesn't mean that the ST is being erased if/when they use it again.

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    We have a rumors thread for posting nonsense. We don't need another one. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.