main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Rumors that there might be a sequel trilogy to the lord of the rings!

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by black_saber, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Okey I was at a video game store and I know some of the guys who work there a the manager told me that it was supposed to be a secret. I won't get in trouble for it but its a secert that Chrispher Tolken is trying to keep. but thats just a Rumor.

Until it has an official source (or more than just speculation by people who have nothing to do with the industry) it's not quasi-official enough to be a rumor.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    You got duped man. No way does some dork Game Stop guy know about something that no one else does. This guy was full of it.

3. MasterGandalf

MasterGandalf Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2009
    Tolkien began work on a sequel to LOTR which he called "The New Shadow", but he quickly became dissatisfied with it and abandoned it. Only one chapter exists, and it has been published along with other unfinished works in The Peoples of Middle-Earth. There's really not enough there to even determine what the main plot was going to be, so there's no way that Christopher Tolkien would be able to create a complete work from it, the way he did with Children of Hurin. So this rumor is probably exactly that- an unfounded bit of gossip.

4. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I have a strong feeling that a Sequel trilogy is going to happen.

5. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Not a chance of this. Even if it was made, it wouldn't be JRR Tolkien's story and wouldn't be the same. But it won't be happening anyways.

6. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I don't know, Chrispher tolken is a good Writer and I loved his book Childern of hurin.

7. MasterGandalf

MasterGandalf Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2009
    Christopher Tolkien didn't write Children of Hurin- he edited it together from his father's various manuscripts of that story- same with the Silmarillion as a whole. In terms of a sequel, there's just not enough original material- one chapter and maybe a rough outline of a plot. As a result, I just can't see a sequel happening under CT's watch.

8. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    There gotta be more storys for Middle Earth.

EDIT: by the way I know he did not write the Childern of Hurin but I think it would be cool to do Prequels and sequels to middle earth. there are so many storys to tell.

9. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

I hear it'll be a movie trilogy, with Ed Greenwood providing the script and Uwe Boll directing.

10. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Where did you get the informantion from the source? All I heard it was going to be books!

EDIT: Now to think of it, Uwe Boll sucks big time.

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    He's teasing you ;)

12. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I could be wrong about the sequel but All I said it was a rumor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.