main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Running - (A L/M Vignette) Thank you for the award! 8/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MirandaFair, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    :: claps::

I had a feeling. . . that it was her. .. wonder how that was accomplished ;) not that it really matters

2. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Author's Replies and Thanks: I just wanted to write in and let everyone know how appreciative I am for the recognition you've given "Running." It was a joy to pen for my dear friend and twin, ginchy. Thank you all for giving this a chance and for your nominations. Also congratulations to my fellow readers/writers on your own nominations. I look up to every one of you.

[b]Klimt_Of_Tornesdal[/b]: Hello, [b]Klimt[/b]. :) Thank you so much for stopping by and reading. What would a romantic L/M vignette be without chocolate? Even in a GFFA chocolate is paramount! I'm happy I was able to give you an element of surprise. I tried to make it go either way for a reader and I'm pleased you had that experience. Thank you for the congratulations and again, for reading!

[b]Chilla[/b]: 'Afternoon, [b]Chilla[/b]. I want to thank you for your kind words and review.

[i]I really liked Mara's vison/older self helping her.[/I]

Oh, I'm so glad you did. I'm studying children's psychology and the issue has come up in sessions with kids who have suffered in any way in their pasts. The idea is that if their older self was there to comfort them, what would they say to the younger version. The role-playing idea seems to help some children or maybe I should say more teenagers/young adults. I had the same thoughts that an older Mara would give comfort to an youthful Mara who was going through some mighty changes.

I'll stop rambling but I thank you again! [face_hugs]

[b]desertgirl[/b]: It's great to know you're reading and enjoying, [b]desertgirl[/b]. You're so sweet with your comments, my thanks. :) I plan to one day make this longer...two or three more posts - depending on length. But my ruse ran off and while I have a idea it's just getting the fingers to stay still long enough to type it all out that's the problem. I appreciate and am honored that you came out of lurkdom to leave me a message. Thank you!

[b]RedGold[/b]: Not worry, Master. I know you enjoyed it on your first read and beta. It meant a lot and still does now. [face_hugs] Congratulations on your wonderful nominations as well! Thanks for everything.

[b]thusspakezarathustra[/b]: Hi, there!

[i]Soooo good to read a fic like this now after . . . . [shakes fist at LFL][/I]

Oh, I KNOW! My letter to DelRey was sent out less than a month ago. Still no response. ;) Not that I'm expecting any. But we L/M shippers are in great need of stories that are lighter and happier. I get a smile reading that this eased some post Sacrifice pains. From one L/M lover to another, many thanks! [face_rose] [face_grin]

[b]maramijade[/b]: Thanks a bunch, [b]maramijade[/b]. The Force does work wonders... ;) As far a young Mara seeing older Mara, I used Zahn's VotF as inspiration with how Mara has the ability to see glimpses of the future. This was just such another case. Thanks for clicking. :D

[hr]

Thank you all, again. [face_hugs]

3. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Author's Thanks: THANK YOU to the readers who voted for Mara Jade Skywalker in this vignette. [:D] I'm really honored and proud to represent the Mara's in the category. It was wonderful to see many authors with Mara as the best canon female and I'm overwhelmed and overjoyed that my Mara struck a chord in you. I know it must have been a super-close vote because those characterizations were all so very well done.

Thank you all, again. @};- I know someday I'll revisit this and expand on it. :D

4. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Beautifully written! I thought your characterization of Mara while she was struggling through her doubts was perfect... I can see her being the type to exhaust her body in order to think through something. Bravo!

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A belated congratulations Miranda. =D= =D= =D= @};-

I think of this fic often. :) I had to save it to my Yummers folder, a place in my C drive for so many yummy L/M fics, many of them MMM entries [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

If this ever continues, I would love to know, and let me SQUEEEEEEE!!!! in advance!!! [face_laugh] [face_dancing]

6. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Wow. That was amazing. =D= It took me awhile to realize that Mara was actually talking to a future version of herself, and when it it me, I was in awe. I went back and re-read the story, and it all made sense. That was beautiful, and you portrayed Luke so adorably! You just gotta love that cute farmboy in love... [face_love]:D

If it's not too late, I'd really like to recieve that PM scene, I'm old enough.

Wonderful job! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.