main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Running Into Old Friends - L/M, H/L Completed 6/01/2005 Thanks to My Readers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RebelMom, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Ghent's girlfriend is a hacker, and her name is Cache? That made me laugh and laugh!

Mara's vision is worrisome! Nice post! :D :D

2. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    ?Forget diplomacy. I?m ready to try aggressive negotiations.?

lol. i always liked that...

The server shrugged and grumbled, as she walked away. Ghent composed himself, grabbed his caf, and pointed at the monitor. ?I think I can crack this.?

Her smile grew. ?That?s great.?

He tenderly brushed an errant hair off her cheek. ?It?ll take a long time, though.?

?That?s fine. We?ll order carry-out and go to my place."

how old is ghent supposedly now? (around the time of the fic?) the last thing i really remember reading about him is when leia put him to work when still pregnant with the twins.

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Luney: I figured he deserved one.
    Jade51999: I thought so too.
    YodaKenobi: I didn't realize that when I did it. Good thing I like Zahn. I even have his autograph on my copy of Survivor's Quest.
    Redgold: I think Ghent is cute too.
    miraxJade: Another mention for Ghent. It was fun putting him in here.
    GO: I did that on purpose.
    Jasa: This is set not long after that - the twins are 4 months old here. Ghent is still young, but he is an adult, at least for my purposes.

4. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    Jasa: This is set not long after that - the twins are 4 months old here. Ghent is still young, but he is an adult, at least for my purposes.

ok thanks

i always liked him, more than almost any other non saga people (or saga related people)

5. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Jasa: Here's some more Ghent.

A beeping alarm woke Cache from her light slumber. Ghent mumbled something incomprehensible into her ear as he cuddled closer to her. After giving him a quick kiss, she disentangled herself from him and the sheets and got out of bed. Padding across the floor, she stopped in front of the computer and read the monitor. The slicing program had finished its job and the document she?d been asked to crack was scrolling across the screen. Its contents surprised her and she let out a low whistle. The noise woke up Ghent.

?Did it finish?? Ghent said with a yawn.

Blocking his view of the screen, she answered, ?Yes.? Her fingers worked on the keys. She heard him walk up behind her and wrap his arms around her waist.

?Can I see? Aren?t you cold standing here naked??

Twisting his arms, she turned to face him. ?Sorry, I can?t let you see it. My boss was pretty specific about that.? She cocked an eyebrow at him. ?And I could ask the same bout you, Zakarisz.?

The mention of his name got the expected response. He groaned. ?You know I hate that.?

Her hand snaked behind his neck and she pulled him forward for a kiss. Then she walked back towards the bed and picked up her clothes to get dressed. ?I already promised I wouldn?t tell anybody. I still think it?s a nice name.?

?I don?t.? He started towards the computer.

?Zak!? she called, drawing his attention back to her. ?You better get dressed. I?ve got to go to work.?

Sighing heavily and turning away from the computer, Ghent began to dress. Cache wouldn?t have minded showing him what she?d cracked with his help; it was the right of any slicer to know, but Garrick told her it was not an option. She vowed to make it up to him later.

The Neimoid Marketplace advertisement called it ?Sultry simplicity in Shimmersilk?. The features included an inverted-V neckline with a halter strap, front gathers and fully lined. It was made of 100% imported Shimmersilk which added to the price. The major selling point for Mara was the full dance skirt; it was perfect for hiding weaponry.

Standing in front of a full-length mirror, she twirled. The shiny black material floated perfectly. Not too heavy and she was able to move comfortably. It covered enough leg to keep her lightsaber out of sight. She strapped her lightsaber to her left thigh and practiced grabbing it quickly. The special hook and loop material holster worked great; the saber came free easily. A simple garter went on her right thigh and she slid a small vibroblade into it. The holdout blaster would go into the pocket book. Her final accessory was a string of Jorallan pearls.

Mara pulled up her hair, twisted it and pinned it in place with a clamshell comb. There, all done. Just need farmboy. Farmboy. She?d never thought she?d be getting dressed up to go out to an exclusive restaurant with Skywalker. It wasn?t just a meal - it was a date. He actually had the nerve to ask her out. A smile spread on her lips as she remembered his initial anxiety. It was endearing and sort of flattering, but she wouldn?t admit it to him. Never the one to back down, she viewed his request as a challenge and accepted, conditioning her response. She should have known that Luke wouldn?t have difficulty obtaining reservations at the Ambrian. The man was a celebrity to the entire galaxy, except her. Still, she was looking forward to the evening, especially since she was going with Luke. Her thoughts froze. What was she thinking? It?s Skywalker and it?s just dinner. That?s all. They?re just discussing her training. Purely professional, she insisted to herself. It?s purely professional.

Luke pulled his speeder into a lot near Mara?s apartment. The doorman, who doubled as a security guard, recognized him and allowed him entrance. As he waited for the turbolift, he caught a glimpse of himself in the transparisteel. It was an unfamiliar sight. Dressing up formally was not one of his favorite pastimes, but he didn?t have much choice. The Ambrian had a dress code. His closet wa

6. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    OOoh naughty Lukie! Hehehhehehee LOVE It :-D Aww Ghent and his woman... ;)

Can't wait for more Mommy!

And what's so wrong about bringing a tin can on a date? ;)

7. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    The door slid open and they stared at each other for a few moments. ?You look great, Mara.?

?Not so bad yourself, farmboy.? Her eyes skimmed over him. ?Though you seem to have missed something.?

Startled, Luke looked down at his suit. Shirt was buttoned, pants zipped, boots on.

~~~

after i day of trying to write an essay on madame bovary for my french civ class, that made my day.

(i am in paris studying at the sorbonne....is 1022pm here...)

thanks for the ghent! (or zak!)

8. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    The major selling point for Mara was the full dance skirt; it was perfect for hiding weaponry.

So Mara...

?I?ve got it on me. Would you like to search for it??

Watch it Farmboy, she might just...

9. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    LOL! Great last line there. I'm surprised Mara didn't punch him for such a nervy request. [face_laugh]

10. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Oh boy...hidden lightsabers fancy outfits....

hehe is this night out going to go smoothly at all?

As for the secret message that Ghent can't see....hmmmm mysterious...

11. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Going on a date - I love it! :D

*raises hand* If she won't, I will! ;)

12. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    This is so funny Mom. :D
    I... have no words... I just can ask for more!!! [face_laugh] [face_love]

13. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Luneykins: OOoh naughty Lukie! Hehehhehehee LOVE It :-D Aww Ghent and his woman...
    Can't wait for more Mommy!
    And what's so wrong about bringing a tin can on a date?
    I don't think Mara wants a chaperone. ;)
    jasa: after i day of trying to write an essay on madame bovary for my french civ class, that made my day.
    (i am in paris studying at the sorbonne....is 1022pm here...)
    thanks for the ghent! (or zak!)
    I've never been to Paris. I've never been to Europe either. I'd love to go someday. And you are welcome. I like happy readers.
    Redgold: The major selling point for Mara was the full dance skirt; it was perfect for hiding weaponry.
    So Mara...
    Watch it Farmboy, she might just...
    Mara knows how to accessorize.
    GO: LOL! Great last line there. I'm surprised Mara didn't punch him for such a nervy request. Who's to say she doesn't? I did leave it open. ;) You'll just have to wait to see what she does.
    Jade51999: Oh boy...hidden lightsabers fancy outfits....
    hehe is this night out going to go smoothly at all?
    As for the secret message that Ghent can't see....hmmmm mysterious...
    Smoothly? Yeah, right. ;) As for the message. It will be a few chapters before that is revealed.
    JediTrace: Going on a date - I love it!
    *raises hand* If she won't, I will!
    You'll have to get in line, Trace.
    Jadie: This is so funny Mom.
    I... have no words... I just can ask for more!!!
    I'm glad you like it.

On Wednesday, Han will make his debut.
    Psst...MarySue...I'm really nice to your Hannybear, unlike certain other authors... ;)

14. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    awww. that little devil Luke. love the clip on tie - makes him cute-nerdy. or is it just self-defense... with Mara as his date, anything could happen. but we know he is up to it...

liked the introspection on Mara's part, i.e., dressing and where to hide stuff.

15. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    The major selling point for Mara was the full dance skirt; it was perfect for hiding weaponry.

[face_laugh[ What a lady!

The dark blue material of the suit showed everything that landed on it and he didn?t want to be scruffy looking.

I don't know, it worked for Han [face_thinking]

Raising an eyebrow, she nodded. ?Clip on. Smart choice.?

[face_laugh]

o_O [face_mischief]

Well, that was an interesting post :p Can't wait to find out if Luke actually survives the date :D

16. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    GirlJedi: awww. that little devil Luke. love the clip on tie - makes him cute-nerdy. or is it just self-defense... with Mara as his date, anything could happen. but we know he is up to it... Self-defense of course.

YodaKenobi: Well, that was an interesting post Can't wait to find out if Luke actually survives the date I haven't killed Luke yet, though there is always a first time.

17. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Muy bien, RM. This is the first thing I've read in a couple years on the JC, and it's great. :D

18. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    absolutely precious!!!!! "wanna search me ? "

I love how nervous Mara is (well as nervous as Mara can concievabley be. . . )

lol clip on ties. .. :D

19. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Matt: [:D] So glad you stopped by.
    maramijade: I love how nervous Mara is (well as nervous as Mara can concievabley be. . . ) Yeah, she can't be really nervous. Won't be right.

20. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Chapter 4

Her eyes widened in response. It took every ounce of Mara?s control to keep her mouth from falling open at his bold question. Is he flirting with me? No, he can?t be. Why would he? She instantly dismissed that option as a product of her imagination. Calrissian flirted, even Solo flirted, but not Skywalker. Part of her wished he did.

The thought of running her hands over his well-toned body was appealing. The errant thought nearly stopped Mara dead in her tracks. Where?d that come from? Sure, he was in great shape, but she couldn?t think like that. Of course she wasn?t interested in him, not that way. He was her teacher and her friend ? nothing more. His question must have been innocent ? just testing her Force abilities or something. Keeping her voice steady and calm, she answered, ?No. I?ll take your word for it.?
    Luke?s mouth remained shut to avoid any more verbal missteps. He was both shocked and pleased that she hadn?t retaliated physically to his comment. As soon as the words had left his mouth, he known he?d overstepped the boundaries. What was I thinking? That was easy enough to answer ? he wasn?t. For some unfathomable reason, he couldn?t resist baiting her. Maybe there wasn?t enough excitement in his life or his reckless nature was making a comeback. Or he wanted to become one with the Force. Face it, Skywalker, you want her to touch you. The revelation wasn?t as surprising as he thought it would be. Deep down, he knew it was true. He wanted to move to the next level, but he didn?t want to scare her off.

?Lobby,? announced a mechanical voice.

Not another word was spoken until they reached the parking bay. Mara glanced around at the speeders, looking for Luke?s. ?Where?s your speeder??

Luke smiled, tilting his head off to the left. ?Over there.?

Looking in the indicated direction, her eyes fell upon a sleek yellow airspeeder. Its twin turbine engines were exposed, and it had an open cockpit, sporting teardrop seats. Despite its pristine condition, Mara knew it wasn?t a new model. ?An antique, Skywalker?? She approached the vehicle and ran her hand on the chassis. ?Impressive.?

?I try. The moment I saw it, I was drawn to it. Almost as if it was calling to me.? He shook his head. ?It was custom built for a Senator Simon Greyshade about thirty years ago. The work records indicate it was serviced for an electrical overcharge, but it didn?t hamper its circuits. It flies great.?

While Luke was talking, Mara climbed into the passenger seat. ?Then fly already.?
    Bright lights twinkled outside the Solo?s large transparisteel window. Leia stood quietly, watching air traffic zip amongst the buildings. Not for the first time that day, she wished she was piloting one of those speeders. As much as she was enjoying her leave, she was getting a little antsy. Her date with Han was wonderful but too short. A glimpse of yellow caught her eye, drawing her from her thoughts. Her eyes followed the yellow speeder for a moment longer until she sensed a familiar presence approach. Strong arms circled her waist.

?I don?t think that was Luke,? Han whispered into her ear.

Leia relaxed in his embrace, and wrapped her arms on his. ?You?re probably right.? Tilting her head, she met his lips with a tender kiss. ?It was going much too slow.?

Nuzzling her neck, he replied, ?I doubt he?d drive his date by his sister?s home for inspection, your highnessness.? He began to nibble at her throat. ?He?s a big boy and he?ll be just fine.?

She felt his words and breath vibrate against her skin, causing her to shiver. ?I know. I just have a feeling that he?s heading into danger.?

?Luke?s always heading into danger. He courts it, like taking Mara Jade to dinner.? Han rested his chin on her shoulder.

?Trying to make me feel guilty, nerfherder? I suggested he ask her out.? Leia tilted her head, letting it rest on his and began caressing his forearm. ?Besides, she?s not a danger to him. If anything, she?

21. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Awwww sweet Han and Leia mush there Mommy! :D *rubs hands together* When do we get Lukie\Mara mush?

22. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Loved that Luke was "drawn to" the AOTC speeder!! Mara's full skirt is gonna end up somewhere over her head in that thing.... [face_mischief]

And, oh my, didn't think I'd ever be hot and bothered by H/L mush. *fans self* [face_blush]

This is AU, right? We don't really have to wait 10 years for L/M mush, do we? [face_praying] ;)

23. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Whoops, fell a little behind here! Sorry, RebelMom...

The door slid open and they stared at each other for a few moments. ?You look great, Mara.?

?Not so bad yourself, farmboy.? Her eyes skimmed over him. ?Though you seem to have missed something.?

Startled, Luke looked down at his suit. Shirt was buttoned, pants zipped, boots on.

LOL at Luke having to check. Makes me wonder how many times Luke's gone out without 'shirt buttoned/ pants zipped/ boots on'... ;)

Some nice tension between Luke and Mara... so long as it doesn't drag out TOO long. ;) LOL for Leia's line about the speeder going to slow to be Luke's. Luke, a speedster? :eek: Never would have guessed. :p

24. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    ?I try. The moment I saw it, I was drawn to it. Almost as if it was calling to me.? He shook his head. ?It was custom built for a Senator Simon Greyshade about thirty years ago. The work records indicate it was serviced for an electrical overcharge, but it didn?t hamper its circuits. It flies great.?

I knew that thing sounded familiar at the beginning. Nice touch.

25. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Well, that just had to be the best chapter, ever! :D :D

And Luke has an antique speeder, huh? I'll bet he'd take offense if someone said... "What a piece of junk!" [face_laugh] :p

Thank for the H/L Mushiness! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.