main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Running Into Old Friends - L/M, H/L Completed 6/01/2005 Thanks to My Readers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RebelMom, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Luney: Awwww sweet Han and Leia mush there Mommy! *rubs hands together* When do we get Lukie\Mara mush? Glad you liked the mush. As for the L/M mush...um, no comment.
    Trace: Loved that Luke was "drawn to" the AOTC speeder!! Mara's full skirt is gonna end up somewhere over her head in that thing.... I'm sure she'll manage to keep it down. ;) And, oh my, didn't think I'd ever be hot and bothered by H/L mush. *fans self* I just had to try my hand at H/L mush. I'm glad it was successful. This is AU, right? We don't really have to wait 10 years for L/M mush, do we? Hmm, I hadn't really decided the AU part *looks at upcoming chapters* I won't make you wait 10 years. Maybe 5 ;)
    Knight Aragon: Whoops, fell a little behind here! Sorry, RebelMom... No problem. Startled, Luke looked down at his suit. Shirt was buttoned, pants zipped, boots on. LOL at Luke having to check. Makes me wonder how many times Luke's gone out without 'shirt buttoned/ pants zipped/ boots on'... Well, he is a bit nervous, not that he's actually forgotten in the past, but one never knows. Some nice tension between Luke and Mara... so long as it doesn't drag out TOO long. Tension is good for those two. LOL for Leia's line about the speeder going to slow to be Luke's. Luke, a speedster? Never would have guessed. Skywalkers live for speed.
    JediBMK: I knew that thing sounded familiar at the beginning. Nice touch. Thank you. I thought Luke deserved a cool speeder.
    GO : Well, that just had to be the best chapter, ever!And Luke has an antique speeder, huh? I'll bet he'd take offense if someone said... "What a piece of junk!" Thank for the H/L Mushiness! I knew you'd like this chapter. *pssst I have more H/L mush later. *

2. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    ?I doubt he?d drive his date by his sister?s home for inspection, your highnessness.? He began to nibble at her throat. ?He?s a big boy and he?ll be just fine.?

~~~~~~~

:D

hehe

3. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    So is Luke going to jump out of the speeder? That I would pay to see...

And L/H mush... [face_love]

4. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    *grins*
    psst. Luke that's the speeder Anakin borrowed to capture the changling who tried to kill your mom!!

oooooh boy...nice detail...

nice mush ;)

5. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Where?d that come from?

I wonder... [face_thinking]

?I try. The moment I saw it, I was drawn to it. Almost as if it was calling to me.? He shook his head. ?It was custom built for a Senator Simon Greyshade about thirty years ago. The work records indicate it was serviced for an electrical overcharge, but it didn?t hamper its circuits. It flies great.?

I really liked that, nice detail :) I thought Mara would insist on driving :p

And it looks like Han and Leia are well on their way to making Solo kid #4 [face_mischief]

Good post, RM :)

6. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    So Luke and Mara are out on a date, huh?

I hope they both survive ;)

7. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Jasa: :D
    Redgold: I don't think Luke would want to jump out. Mara's with him.
    Jade51999: Glad you liked that little detail. I thought Luke could use a cool speeder with a history.
    YodaKenobi: Just because Han and Leia keep practicing doesn't mean #4 is on the way. And it's Luke's speeder not Mara's so she knows better than to ask to drive. ;)
    Arin Atona: Survive? What makes you think they won't? [face_whistling]

8. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    The Ambrian was undisputedly the most exclusive restaurant on Coruscant. It had its beginnings during the Old Republic, and defied all odds by surviving several wars, the Jedi purges and political upheaval. Frequented by the upper echelons of society, the management focused on providing gourmet delicacies, elegant atmosphere and superior service. Sentient servers, not droids, fluttered about, making sure each guest received the best service available. Polished wood tables were scattered throughout the room, partially surrounded by fijisi panels, creating a semi-private atmosphere. Stark white table linens, delicate Camarian crystal stemware, and fine Alderaanian tableware added to the ambiance. A couple of banquet rooms were available, as well as a few private dining alcoves.

The senior host had seated them at a table near a large transparisteel window. After depositing a couple of menus and a wine list, she excused herself. Luke scanned the list, stopping briefly on Namana Nectar. Remembering his first experience with the Bakurian drink, he decided he?d opt for something less likely to embarrass him in front of Mara.

Several minutes later, a server came to their table and took their dinner orders. Bivoli Tempari, tossed greens with the house dressing, and treebread for Mara; Karkan Ribenes seasoned with tomo spice, tossed greens with drezzle sauce, and havla for Luke. She returned a while later with their drinks, placing a Polanis Wine Twistler in front of Mara and a Whyren?s Reserve in front of Luke.

?When you asked me to dinner, you mentioned something about my training,? Mara asked.

Luke took a swig of his drink. ?You?re doing great.?

Her eyes remained on him, waiting for him to continue. He took another drink but said nothing. ?That?s it?? she asked a little surprised.

?Yes. I?m pleased with your progress.?

?Aren?t you going to go into detail??

?I hadn?t planned on it.?

?If we?re going to have a student/teacher conference, you should be giving me a bit more information.?

I knew I shouldn?t have mentioned training. ?This is a dinner date, not a conference.?

?But you said we?d discuss my training.? He could sense her irritation with him.

?Fine, I?ll give you an example,? he replied, slightly exasperated. ?When I asked you if you wanted to search for my lightsaber, I was pleased with your response. If I had asked that same question a few months ago, I would have ended up a soprano.?

?That?s if I was generous.? Mara took a sip of her drink. ?It?s in your left front jacket inside pocket.?

Luke leaned forward, and whispered conspiratorially, ?Are you sure??

Setting her drink down, Mara glared at him. ?Yes, I am.? She raised her arm and patted Luke?s coat pocket to prove her point, her eyes going wide when her hands didn?t come in contact with his lightsaber.

?You missed.? In response, she began to pat around the area a bit. Though her touch wasn?t gentle or intimate in any way, Luke couldn?t help but hope it would take her awhile to find his saber. Mara stopped much sooner than he hoped.

The server had returned with their meals. ?Will there be anything else, Master Jedi??

Luke looked to his companion. ?Mara?? After she shook her head, Luke turned to the server. ?No thank you. Everything is fine.?

The server departed and Luke turned back to Mara. She was eating so there was little chance she?d take up the lightsaber search again. The only thing he?d like better would be for him to search for her saber. Deciding to keep his hands out of trouble, he grabbed a fork and began to eat. His gaze never left her. What he needed was a reason to touch her that wouldn?t lose him fingers. Perhaps? ?Would you like to go dancing later??

She looked at him thoughtfully. ?Maybe.?

Not a confirmation, but certainly not a denial. After several minutes of awkward silence, Luke returned to neutral ground. ?How is Karrde??

?Talon is doing fine, considering,? she replied, her tone serious. ?The anti-smuggler climate is dangerous for them. No one has been hurt so

9. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    ?Fine, I?ll give you an example,? he replied, slightly exasperated. ?When I asked you if you wanted to search for my lightsaber, I was pleased with your response. If I had asked that same question a few months ago, I would have ended up a soprano.?

?That?s if I was generous.?

That's our Mara... so true...

Though her touch wasn?t gentle or intimate in any way, Luke couldn?t help but hope it would take her awhile to find his saber.

Why, the Jedi Master has a whole other side to him...

?Luke, there?s something I wanted to ask - Are you okay??

What was she going to ask?!?!?!?!?

?It?s a talisman. This particular talisman was last in the possession of -?

His words were interrupted by a wave of blaster fire and several screams.

Isn't that always the way?

10. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    AHHH! I want to know what the talisman means!!! I hate evil cliffies!!!!! Okay, so actually...I like them a lot!! :D

I love this so far! I just found it the other day.

11. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Finds herself unexpectadly dropping over a ravine in an evil freefall

cliffies...the bane of my existance!

*grin*

what's wrong with Luke?

12. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Wow! I love all your names for fancy-shmancy Star Wars foods and whatnot.

: and fine bone Alderaanian china added to the ambiance.

"China" seems slightly out of place, IMHO.

/edit: apparently it did to you, too.

: Though her touch wasn?t gentle or intimate in any way, Luke couldn?t help but hope it would take her awhile to find his saber.

He would :p

: A wave of dizziness passed over him and he felt a tightening of his stomach before his insides began to churn.

Note to Leia: Tell your brother to *never* eat bean dip before going on a date.

: His words were interrupted by a wave of blaster fire and several screams.

Wait... So Luke, Mara, and Karrde are at the same fancy-shmancy eats-place at the same time? Blasters and screams are to be expected, then. :p I'll bet they're never allowed get reservations there again.

13. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Wow...... what a cliffie! And Luke gets 'sick' just as Talon takes out the "talisman"? Is this sorta like Kryptonite with Superman? [face_laugh]

Nah..... I guess Mara would have been affected then, too. Unless it's just a "Skywalker" problem. Skywalker.... *thinks* Starts with an S. Now I can picture Luke in tights with a big old S on his chest.... :p

14. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005

~~

haha thats awesome

more!

15. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003

[face_laugh]

Though her touch wasn?t gentle or intimate in any way, Luke couldn?t help but hope it would take her awhile to find his saber.

Wait... what are we talking about? :p

?It?s a talisman. This particular talisman was last in the possession of -?
    His words were interrupted by a wave of blaster fire and several screams.

:eek:

Who?!!!

Good post, nice cliff hanger. I'll be looking forward into finding out who owned this "talisman."
    :)

16. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    Luke leaned forward, and whispered conspiratorially, ?Are you sure??

"Why me?

These were hilarious lines! Another great chapter, RM. Keep them coming (when you have time of course).

Yeah. I loved how the insight into Luke's thoughts, wondering where Mara's lightsaber - isn't it, er, strapped to her thigh? hmmmm.

17. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    RedGold: That's our Mara... so true... Some things never change. Why, the Jedi Master has a whole other side to him... He's just a Knight who used to be a fighter pilot and has very male cravings. [face_devil] What was she going to ask?!?!?!?!? Probably how much she has to pitch in for the bill? :p Isn't that always the way? Especially where Luke is concerned.
    LauraAnu: AHHH! I want to know what the talisman means!!! I hate evil cliffies!!!!! Okay, so actually...I like them a lot!! I'm glad you do, because I have more planned. I love this so far! I just found it the other day. Glad to have you. I promise more Han and Leia to come.
    Jade51999: Finds herself unexpectadly dropping over a ravine in an evil freefall cliffies...the bane of my existance! *grin* what's wrong with Luke? You better invest in climbing gear. I do enjoy cliffies.
    Arin_Atona: Wow! I love all your names for fancy-shmancy Star Wars foods and whatnot.
    Got all those from the unofficial encyclopedia. Note to Leia: Tell your brother to *never* eat bean dip before going on a date. She really should keep a better eye on him. Wait... So Luke, Mara, and Karrde are at the same fancy-shmancy eats-place at the same time? Blasters and screams are to be expected, then. I'll bet they're never allowed get reservations there again. Would you want them in your restaurant? think of the insurance premiums.
    MarySue: Wow...... what a cliffie! And Luke gets 'sick' just as Talon takes out the "talisman"? Is this sorta like Kryptonite with Superman? Nah..... I guess Mara would have been affected then, too. Unless it's just a "Skywalker" problem. Skywalker.... *thinks* Starts with an S. Now I can picture Luke in tights with a big old S on his chest.... *shudders at visual image* Ack! Now I'm getting an evil plot bunny idea. Must not say it.
    Jasa: haha thats awesome Glad you liked it.
    YodaKenobi: Wait... what are we talking about? Certainly not that. [face_shame_on_you]
    Good post, nice cliff hanger. I'll be looking forward into finding out who owned this "talisman."
    I'll be dragging it out a bit but hey I love to torture readers. :D

18. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    *sputters*

Two cliffies in one post? :eek: That's just mean. ;)

Hope Luke's okay....

Wonder what the talisman is...

*waits for next post*

19. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Very very good. I'm enjoying it greatly.

S.

20. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh MEAN mommy!! *hugs Lukie* he's not sick....I swear...but if he IS, I'll take care of him. ;) Loved Lukie loving Mara looking for his saber, awwwww

21. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    *shudders at visual image* Ack! Now I'm getting an evil plot bunny idea. Must not say it. - [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Well.... it's about time I gave YOU an evil plot bunny to run amok in your head! :p

22. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Trace: Two cliffies in one post? That's just mean. Am I good or what? ;)
    Skywalker64089: Thank you.
    LUney: he's not sick....I swear...but if he IS, I'll take care of him. I know you would. Nurse Luney, Luke Skywalker's private nurse.
    GO : Well.... it's about time I gave YOU an evil plot bunny to run amok in your head! Good thing the bunny has died. ;)

23. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Arrrgghh! I just caught up and had to leave it at THAT!! :eek:

This is awesome, though. I know you said earlier that Indy wasn't going to appear in this fic, but I couldn't help snickering at the appearance of Dr. Joans. ;) Also, I found myself whistling the H/L theme from ESB during their little interlude earlier, testifying to more of your great description. :D

I can't wait to see where the fic goes from here - mysterious, tense, amusing, and now nail-biting!!

24. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    hrmmmm that's odd. .. Luke getting sick during dinner...

or did his spidy sences just go berserk and he needed to go save Talon ;)

25. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Vwoom. ::delurks::

Usually, I'd say hey! food poisoning!...but since...it's Luke Skywalker...I'll say, Hey! It's the Force!!

:p

I'm enjoying this immensly. Can't wait for more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.