main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Running Into Old Friends - L/M, H/L Completed 6/01/2005 Thanks to My Readers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RebelMom, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Nice post, RebelMom. LOL at Luke and his elusive lightsaber... hmm, that didn't sound too good did it? :p Oh well. And interesting cliffies there. Wonder what's up with Luke?

2. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    *stumbles into thread*

*looks around*

*reads*

*squeals*

*rereads*

*realizes she's an idiot*

I'm so stupid sometimes. When I read "L/M H/L" I apparently think "Oh, well, I don't need to read that story".

Yeah. Idiot.

Wonderful work, here, RM. You've got Luke and Mara hiding in a closet somewhere, don't you? You characterize them so well, you must have the real thing. [face_laugh] Poor Lukie-baby, always getting caught up in something. At least Mara's nearby to administer needed first aid. [face_laugh]

And H/L? Well. It's not like I'm completely a H/L fan or anything, or else I might have to mention how wonderful the mush was. And more to come? That nonexistent H/L-shipper inside is incredibly excited. :D

Marvelous work! I'm hitching on for the ride!

*KR*

3. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Eeevil place to stop, RM. But I do believe I've read what's coming up next, no? This the one I helped you with?

Regardless, very nice. And I still chuckle everytime I see "Dr Joans." ;)

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Sebby: Glad you could stop by. Arrrgghh! I just caught up and had to leave it at THAT!! [face_devil]
    This is awesome, though. I know you said earlier that Indy wasn't going to appear in this fic, but I couldn't help snickering at the appearance of Dr. Joans. Think of this as Dr Joans Sr. And I did change the names to protect the innocent. ;) Also, I found myself whistling the H/L theme from ESB during their little interlude earlier, testifying to more of your great description. I've not written much H/L so I'm glad it's working. I can't wait to see where the fic goes from here - mysterious, tense, amusing, and now nail-biting!! [face_blush] Thanks. I try.
    maramijade: hrmmmm that's odd. .. Luke getting sick during dinner... just his luck, eh. or did his spidy sences just go berserk and he needed to go save Talon don't seem to remember Luke getting bit by a radioactive spider... :p
    MiraxJade: Vwoom. ::delurks:: Wohoo! I caught a lurker. Usually, I'd say hey! food poisoning!...but since...it's Luke Skywalker...I'll say, Hey! It's the Force!! Would the Force be so cruel as to ruin Luke's date? I'm enjoying this immensly. Can't wait for more. More tomorrow.
    KnightAragon: Nice post, RebelMom. LOL at Luke and his elusive lightsaber... hmm, that didn't sound too good did it? You and YodaKenobi seem to be on the same wave-length. :rolleyes:
    KnightedRogue: *stumbles into thread* *looks around* *reads* *squeals* *rereads* *realizes she's an idiot* I'm so stupid sometimes. When I read "L/M H/L" I apparently think "Oh, well, I don't need to read that story".Yeah. Idiot. Nah, just coming in fashionably late. Actually, you've arrived in time for several cliffies. ;) Wonderful work, here, RM. You've got Luke and Mara hiding in a closet somewhere, don't you? You characterize them so well, you must have the real thing. Poor Lukie-baby, always getting caught up in something. At least Mara's nearby to administer needed first aid. *opens closet and finds nothing but clothes* Le sigh. No Luke. Don't think my husband would appreciate it. And H/L? Well. It's not like I'm completely a H/L fan or anything, or else I might have to mention how wonderful the mush was. And more to come? That nonexistent H/L-shipper inside is incredibly excited. I'm glad you liked it. I have to write mush and Han and Leia were the nearest couple.
    Matt: Eeevil place to stop, RM. But I do believe I've read what's coming up next, no? This the one I helped you with? Yes, you did help me with the upcoming scene quite some time ago. [face_shhh]

Next Post will be tomorrow night.

5. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Oh goody!

6. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Chapter 5

?Name, sir?? asked the senior host, looking down at her data register.

?Merr-Sonn.?

?I?m sorry, sir. I don?t have a reservation under that name.? She looked up from the registry. ?Perhaps-? she stopped speaking, her brown eyes wide with fear at the heavy blaster pistol aimed directly at her face.

The blond, spiky haired man gave her a sinister smile. Moving closer to her, he touched the barrel of the weapon to her cheek and said, ?This is my reservation.? His free hand went to the nape of her neck and his fingers combed up into her brown hair. Grasping hard to the roots of her hair at the base of her skull, he pulled her away from the registry. ?Party of twelve.?

Her eyes flickered past him and saw several more armed men and women rush from the waiting area into the dining area and one to the weapons check, leaving the area empty except for a few stunned patrons. The man holding her yanked her towards the door. ?Lock it,? he commanded.

She placed her shaky hand on the palm pad, and began to enter the key code. Her fingers trembled as they tapped out the numbers.

?I know the lock code. Don?t try to trip the alarm, if you value your life,? the man whispered harshly in her ear, pressing the blaster hard into her back.

Swallowing hard, she finished with the lock code and listened to the ominous slam of the blast door, followed by the spray of blaster fire and screaming patrons.

While Faren took care of the host, Garrick walked into the dining area behind Terrance who used a BlasTech DL87 Firespray blaster to get the attention of the patrons. Terrance aimed and swept a barrage over their heads, shredding the fijisi panels. Many screamed and tried to get under their tables. A couple of Bothans jumped up to run, only to be caught in the strafing. Garrick pointed to the left, sending Nerf, Mekbib and Abell in that direction. With a nod to the right, Garrick sent Terrance and Sienne in the other direction.

His people gathered up the petrified diners and directed them to the middle of the restaurant. Once there, some of the patrons remained seated while the others stood around the tables. One click came over Garrick?s earpiece. Millton had secured the weapons check. Two clicks. The kitchen was secure. Allani, Morgana and Brant had infiltrated through the back way. Time for the next step.

Garrick strode forward, his eyes roaming the crowd until he spotted a group of Mon Calamari. ?Senator Kranbar. Please come forward.?

None of them moved. Garrick signaled Mekbib who hefted a BlasTech 500 and aimed the short-barreled rifle at the crowd and let off a blast. A Rodian standing near the Mon Calamaris was slammed into a table from the force of the shot, then dropped to the floor dead. Someone in the crowd began to cry and a baby began to whimper.

?Senator Kranbar. I?ll not ask again.?

Seeing Terrance move the Firespray into position caused many of those standing to cower down to the ground. One of the Mon Calamari held her flippers up in surrender and pushed her way out of the crowd. ?I?m Kranbar.?

Garrick nodded to Terrance. Moving towards the crowd, he waved the Firespray at them, causing them to push backwards in terror. Behind them, Sienne and Abell used their blast rifles to help direct the crowd into an adjoining banquet room. As his men prodded a large majority of the patrons into the other room, Garrick and Mekbib held back the others.

Garrick crossed his arms and looked at the senator. ?It seems that it?s easier to get a reservation here than get an appointment with you.?

She blinked in confusion. ?An appointment? Are you a constituent??

He gave her a contemptuous glare. ?You chair the galactic trade committee that oversees the shipping hearing. I?m in the shipping business so I guess that makes me a constituent. I?m not happy with the way things are going.?

Kranbar regained some of her composure, but her fear was still noticeable. ?We are doing the best we can. If you wish to voice your opinion, you?ll have to be placed on the docket. I?m

7. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    And now things are getting interesting. Luke and Mara versus 12(?) armed men. Those sound like fair odds. ;)

8. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Uh oh...

Trouble just follows them around..

Really his name should be "Luke My Name Is Trouble Skywalker"

*grin*

Who ARE these people...this is cRAZY!

9. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    : ?Merr-Sonn.?

[face_laugh] I'm so glad I caught that! Has such a "Me, Smith, and Wesson" feel to it!

: It was just her and Skywalker.

Don't forget Karrde! I'm sure he's conjuring up some interesting plans of his own. [face_devil] Hopefully they won't get in each other's way.

: ?Same as always,? she whispered.

[han] That bad, huh? [/han]

10. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh good post, love the last line! Lukiecutiebucketoflove certainly does!

11. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    They?d have to do it the hard way. She pulled her blaster from her pocketbook. It was just her and Skywalker.
    (SNIP)
    Skywalker, you sure know how to show a girl a good time.

LOL! Of course this happens when Luke & Mara finally get to go on a date at a nice restaurant - they can't even seem to have a quiet dinner... yeesh. those shippers = bad. Not a good way to win friends and influence people...

oh, I didn't realize that Lukie was feeling sickly... mea culpa.

12. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    *evil grin* Yes, yes, I remember this scene. ;) Fun times ahead. :D

13. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Mara spun on him quickly, one hand grasping at the hand holding the blaster, breaking his wrist as she disarmed him. The other hand jabbed at his throat, cutting off any cries as the blow rendered him unconscious.

You have to love her [face_mischief]

Great post, very exciting :) :D

14. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Wait... this all has to do about shipping?

Why do I think there is more to it?

And yeah... same as always...

15. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    I'm not surprised Mara could easily take out one guy with a blaster. And they didn't even get their dessert! LOL! That poor, five star restaurant will never be able to get its reputation back again. :eek: ;)

Edit - Does this mean Luke won't have to worry about paying the bill? [face_laugh]

16. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Jedi_BMK: And now things are getting interesting. Luke and Mara versus 12(?) armed men. Those sound like fair odds. I thought so too. ;)
    Jade51999: Uh oh...Trouble just follows them around..Really his name should be "Luke My Name Is Trouble Skywalker"*grin*Who ARE these people...this is cRAZY Crazy is my muse who gave me, a romance writer, a dang action bunny. Don't worry I can put romance in anything.
    Arin_Atona: : ?Merr-Sonn.? I'm so glad I caught that! Has such a "Me, Smith, and Wesson" feel to it! That is exactly what I was doing too. ;)
    : ?Same as always,? she whispered.[han] That bad, huh? [/han] Just their luck.
    Luney: Ooh good post, love the last line! Lukiecutiebucketoflove certainly does! I'm glad you liked it. I already know you like Luke :p
    GirlJedi: LOL! Of course this happens when Luke & Mara finally get to go on a date at a nice restaurant - they can't even seem to have a quiet dinner... yeesh. those shippers = bad. Not a good way to win friends and influence people...Dinner was quiet for a little while. Not their fault somebody decided to make a political statement. ;)
    wompy: *evil grin* Yes, yes, I remember this scene. Fun times ahead Boy you have a good memory - that was about a year ago I asked for your help on this [face_laugh]
    YodaKenobi: You have to love her. Great post, very exciting I'm glad you think so. Writing action makes me nervous.
    RedGold: Wait... this all has to do about shipping? Why do I think there is more to it? And yeah... same as always... Probably because there is more to it and I like to complicate things.
    GO: I'm not surprised Mara could easily take out one guy with a blaster. And they didn't even get their dessert! LOL! That poor, five star restaurant will never be able to get its reputation back again. Edit - Does this mean Luke won't have to worry about paying the bill? They'll probably make LUke prepay if he is allowed to come back again.

17. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Love the story, but poor Luke. Finally gets enough nerve to ask Mara out and what happens? Ends up in the fresher with the runs! What a way to impress a girl. Love the line "Busy." I bet you are. Sounds like something that would happen on one of my dates. Leave it Mara to take care of business. She's the best!! Can not wait for the next post!!

18. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    JEDIFLYSWATTER: Let's not count Luke out yet.

Luke came out of the stall and went to the sink. Using one of the disposable cups, he took a swig of water and rinsed out his mouth. The taste of bile was gone, but the queasiness and dizziness remained. At first, he thought he?d gotten food poisoning, but that didn?t ring true to him. His body wavered and he braced himself against the counter. The symptoms were akin to poisoning ? or drugging. It didn?t make any sense to him. Why would anyone poison him here? And how did they do it? And how did they know he was even here?

The sound of blasterfire drew him from his thoughts.

That would answer the why.

The door swooshed open behind him and he spun around to come face to chest with a bald, dark skinned behemoth. The man looked straight at him and gave him a half smile.

Carefully pushing himself away from the counter, Luke took a cleansing breath and smiled back. He had taken a few steps to the left when the man surged forward and grabbed Luke?s tie. The man yanked on the tie, and swung his fist at Luke?s head. The tie came loose and his fist failed to connect as Luke dodged.

Luke took advantage of the man?s surprise and rammed his body into the man?s gut, hoping to push him off balance. He succeeded in slamming the man into the wall, but not hard enough. As Luke tried to pull away, the man grabbed hold of Luke?s arm and flung him towards the stalls. The Jedi slammed backwards into a swinging door and landed on the floor, the door closing on the scene.

The behemoth approached the stall carefully, pulling his blaster from his back waistband and setting it for stun. His free hand reached for the stall door when suddenly the door flew off its hinges and slammed into him full force across the room and into the far wall, rendering him unconscious.

Lowering his legs to the ground, Luke pushed himself up onto his elbows. It had taken a lot of energy to ram the door into the other man. The dizziness from the poisoning was getting worse, draining his strength. As he stood up, his muscles complained and cramped up. Leaning against the wall, Luke took a breath and pulled his lightsaber out of his jacket pocket. He stretched out with the Force to find Mara. Luke felt her shock, not at his touch but something else. Then he heard it.
    The enemy was calling her by name.

?Mara Jade! Senator Kranbar suggests I speak with you,? Garrick shouted, then he lowered his voice and spoke into his concealed comlink. ?Where is she??

A female voice replied, ?The kitchen. She took down Brant so quickly and efficiently, he had no time to call for help.?

Garrick raised his voice again. ?Jade, come out of the kitchen. We need to talk.?

?I?ve just lost visual,? he heard over the earpiece. ?Weird. She had glared at the camera and suddenly it went blank.?

After signaling Nerf towards the kitchen door, Garrick leveled his blaster at Kranbar?s head. ?Jade. I suggest you come out now before the esteemed Senator looses her head.?

The kitchen door slid open and Mara Jade stepped into the dining area. Nerf disappeared behind her as he went to retrieve Brant.

?I?m here,? she said, her voice calm. ?You can release the Senator.?

Garrick could feel the compulsion in her words. His mouth twitched in return. The information he?d dug up about her Force sensitivity was confirmed. He moved towards the other unwilling occupants in the room. ?Perhaps.?

Jade?s eyes followed them until they rested upon the two men sitting with their palms flat on the tabletop. There was a flicker of recognition in her eyes and Garrick lowered the blaster from the Senator, digging the muzzle hard into the shoulder of Talon Karrde.
    ?What did you want to talk about?? Jade asked.

?I really must protest the lack of progress in the hearings, Jade. Smugglers are better off without this pitiful alliance and I?ve decided to put an end to it.?

Behind him, Abell pulled Kranbar towards the wall. Nerf came out of the kitchen, Brant?s limp body hanging over his shoulder. Garrick pu

19. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Now that was an ominus ending if I ever saw one...

Happy Anniversary!

20. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    And it all goes to hell...

Nice post. I'm wondering just how bad the fallout of this little misadventure will be, however.

21. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Happy Anniversary..

and what a doozy of a post to leave us hanging :)

Nicely done..when Talon was shot...man talk about the shock..and now Luke having problems...

Don't those fools realize it will just make her angrier?

Yesh!

22. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    /Luke. I need you./

dont we all? hehe

happy anniversery from paris!!!

23. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

You shot Talon?? Poor Talon!! :eek:

And now a big boom went off in the restaurant? So much for that nice place to eat.

Now we know why Luke wears clip on ties! :p - But you shot LUKE, too! (hmmmm.. )

24. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Oh, BAH! Well, I guess we can call it even for those three cliffies in a row toward the end of A Powerful Ally. ;) Man, that was tense!

Enjoy the anniversary - and congratulations. Not a lot of couples these days are together for quite that long.

25. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    ::twitches::

I really do hate cliffhangers...but I can't boycott them again...I run out of stories to read. ::sob::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.