main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RYAN-J'S Fan Made Website.

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by RYAN-J, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RYAN-J

RYAN-J Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2006
    Hey all! I've recently createda small Fan-made Star Wars website!

Here's the link:

http://www.geocities.com/ryjali

There is a guestbook on my site, so feel free to sign it!! They submissions will be posted only after I have approved them. So any entry's with rude comments or sayings will not be posted.

RYAN J.

2. NarCranor

NarCranor Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    Well, I'm not going to lie, that might be one of the worst designed websites I have seen in a decade. HOWEVER, I don't really think the point of this website was to show off your html skill, but rather your skill at building lightsaber handles! I will say, your home-made lightsabers look very impressive. I think rebuilding the site around showing off the lightsabers and some of your other home-made costumes (the imperial officer was particularly well done) would make the site shine a bit more!

The random links to starwars.com and what have you seem a bit silly, like you made this site for a class project in basic html class and part of the assignment was to include X number of links to X number of pages. If that is the case, then congrats, you passed. But as a site on its own, it seemed a bit worthless.

In any case, it was a great early attempt at web design! No broken links, you just need to put some lipstick on that pig (meaning, pretty up the website).

Best of luck!

Keith "Nar" Kappel
    http://www.fandomcomics.com

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I feel your website style is very simplistic, but that doesn't have to be seen as a negative point. I find from past experience that it's the quality of the content that gets people visiting your site, and from what I've seen by visiting your site, you have nothing to be concerned about in that respect. A great begining you have there.

4. RYAN-J

RYAN-J Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2006
    Thanks for all the comments! I'm still working on making it better. I will keep your ideas in mind. Glad you like the lightsabers! I haven't made any in a while though. My latest hobby is Autograph collecting.

RYAN J.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.