main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RYL: OOM-9s Thread of Battle Droid Greatness - PT Social Thread (RYL Movie Night - Fri 7/26, 9 PM)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by cubman987 , Jan 2, 2019.

?

July Movie Night - Friday, 7/26 at 9:00 PM - PICK 2 (all on netflix/can use free trial)

Poll closed Jul 15, 2019.
  1. Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse

48.1%
  2. Scarface

14.8%
  3. Avengers: Infinity War

51.9%
  4. The Fifth Element

25.9%
  5. Ex Machina

22.2%
  6. Pick this if you want Heels to add the years to the movies like he's SUPPOSED TO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    I really need to skedaddle lol. But before I do, I finally saw Justice League & had a lot of fun! I thought the actors had great chemistry! I thought Steppenwolf was stupid but eh, okay for a villain I guess, what can you do. :p

Casting was on point. I loved everyone! I wish they'd do a Flash movie; Ezra Miler was really fun in the role. :D

And OMFG DEATHSTROKE/SLADE!!!!! So excited, omg, this opens up so much to happen & other characters. Having that be the very end was awesome!!! [face_dancing]

EDIT: also so many red fonts in here it makes me laugh. :p

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    How could I have missed a perfect opportunity to say that line? Am I even a true fan? :p

3. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I'm ok, thanks Dandy. Just really tired and I didn't exercise, but pretty good otherwise. Happy to be alive.

Watching Nova on PBS. Show is called Pluto and Beyond.
    I always wanted to be an astronomer, but I decided to stop chasing me dreams and just hook up with them later.

4. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    I took notice that yesterday night the conversation took a bit of a serious turn... Obviously i'm not gonna get into some of the controversy but I do want to address the history of the thread a bit-

The first iteration of RYL was... interesting. I'll admit that it was a little too much, given how fast it went by and how often some not family-friendly topics related to fanworks came up... believe me pregnant Obi-Wan was disturbing but only a part of the small picture- I guess it's not surprising then why I was considered (and maybe I still am?) The Cinnamon Roll of the Thread :p

The thread then mellowed out and went quiet for most of 2017... We posted like only a third of what we did in 2016...

Now with new members that have brought new energy to the thread I think 2018 brought a nice balance to the thread and I agree that this community is better than it has ever been... bring on 2019 FRIENDS!!

5. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Dags: I hear ya :) tired here also.

oh no VJ is leaving us for the night :( and LOL on your Steppenwolf comment, what can you do indeed :p

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It still boggles my mind that there are people who make over 20 million dollars on YouTube a year

7. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    @El Jedi Colombiano totally agreed :D and if you are considered the cinnamon bread of the thread then...guess those are my favourite kind of bread :D truly, we think so much alike I swear we were separated at birth :p

Although...we live in different countries and totally different ages but still...stranger things have happened :p

8. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Pluto to Jupiter: "Size matters not!"

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What is the most hilarious thing though about YouTube was that the most payed person on YouTube is a 7 year old named Ryan.

10. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    [face_laugh]

Jupiter: it's great we are both planets right? oooohhh too soon?

:p

11. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    Huh?

12. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Ohohoho, you people know not the dissertation-length essay you risk bringing up this topic around me....

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep

https://www.forbes.com/sites/natali...er-jake-paul-pewdiepie-and-more/#41e8a87a909a

Khalia Octa, Prime Jedi and s_heffley like this.
  14. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    One scientist on this show took a glass half full position. He said Pluto has been upgraded from being the smallest planet to being the King of the Kuiper Belt!

15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

16. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    While I can see the appeal of such an outlook, applying an optimistic philosophy to tangibly scientific things is.... well, not as scientific as you can get

Regardless of what the IAU (or really, anyone) wishes to define a planet as, Pluto is inarguably in the Kuiper Belt and is the largest object in it. So it is the king of the KB either way

The concept of dual designations is common and, yet, strangely undervalued. Take, for example, Ceres. Per the IAU, both an asteroid and a dwarf planet

Hell, Pluto itself is an interesting case - a dwarf planet, a KBO, a plutino, and a plutoid - though the latter two fall into the concept of "an object shaped like itself"

Buuuut I doubt anyone here really wants to hear my full analysis on the case. Unless someone does, in which case, I'll gladly write out that essay again lol. But I'd imagine the majority of people just have the stance of "it's a big rock in space, I don't care what they call it"

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No I am interested write away

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  18. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    You asked for it

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I’ll expect it as soon as possible

Khalia Octa, s_heffley and Prime Jedi like this.
  20. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    I read all that and nodded along :D

I have no clue :(

21. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    speak for yourself[face_laugh]

22. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015