main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RYL: PT Social Thread - The First Annual RYL Awards (name pending)(TM) Day 5!!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Nov 1, 2017.

?

Which "Disney Star Wars" movie is your favorite?

Poll closed Jan 3, 2019.
  1. Episode VII - The Force Awakens

14.3%
  2. Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

25.7%
  3. ROGUE One: A Star Wars Story

45.7%
  4. Solo: A Star Wars Story

2.9%
  5. The Pillar of Storge: A Pillar of Storge Story

11.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    It's For Your Eyes Only :rolleyes:

2. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Thx Google

Gesendet von meinem SAMSUNG-SM-G935A mit Tapatalk

3. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    I had a thing written up about IW & Ragnorak since I saw them yesterday but discarded it cause it was all rambling. :p Mainly lots of gushing over Doctor Strange, T’Challa, Thor, Loki, & Valkyrie, & Scarlet Witch & Vision.

I’m trying to write a 20 pg paper due this week for school so maybe I’ll post deeper thoughts another day. :p
    Oh goodness. I’ll never forget that Van Halen Beat It fact. They’d just shared the fact on the radio & Beat It was still on when mom, aunt & I were pulled over. Apparently for speeding (by not much I swear, maybe 15 over at most). We’d been on the road a few hours to go visit w/relatives, twas at night & like no one else was on the road. Load of bunk; he came out of nowhere!

We took the ticket & did not tell him to beat it. :p

Oh & re:Toto, have you heard Wheezer’s cover of Africa? It’s really good imo. Besides the POTO soundtrack I’ve also been on a Wheezer kick as of late. When not listening to Christmas tunes. :D

4. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    Toto responded by covering Hash Pipe in concert too, lol.

5. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
  6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    You are welcome person who is constantly wrong about stuff

7. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    Complete sentences should end with a period.

8. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm not taking grammar advice from someone who can't spell "thanks".

9. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    Well that’s an interesting song lol. Hadn’t had that one yet on Spotify, or maybe I skipped it & forget. :p Toto’s live cover of it is good! Oddly enough I think I prefer each band’s cover of the other’s song. :p

10. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    When will the feud between Cubman and Huttese come to an end ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    When Cubbie learns to control his ice powers and that he doesn't need to run away to protect me anymore.

And that sisterhood is the greatest gift of all.

12. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    What are you talking about I'm clearly Anna.

13. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    You're the freaking Duke of Weaseltown because you like to correct people all the time.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  14. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I don't like correcting you, I wish I didn't have to....but you just keep being wrong.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Some goofy JCVD film is on TV. Hard Target

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    Glad to hear that you're enjoying Super! I honestly enjoyed it just as much as DBZ, and even got my older brother into it. He had watched Z way back in the early 2000's, when it first aired on TV in the USA, and I think I got him into Super by showing him episodes 110, 116, and 128-131 (don't worry, he knows the entire story anyway from me telling him :p). I've seen people say that GT is much better, but I watched Gogeta vs Omega Shenron the other day, and.......[face_tired] The fight was a lot more boring then I remember, the animation consistently mediocre, and everything overall being lame. Imo while I like GT more than most people do, every major fight in Super besides maybe Goku vs Frieza in the Resurrection F Arc completely blows it out of the water.

17. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Having now finished the extended editions for The Hobbit trilogy, I find myself finally diving into their Appendices. I've watched Part 7 and it is making me appreciate not just the love and respect the cast & crew put forth bringing Tolkien's world the life once again, but also the films themselves.

If anyone loves Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Ring and The Hobbit trilogies, I highly suggest you purchase the films' extended editions on blu-ray either individually or in their trilogy packs. All six films include nine hours worth of documentaries about the production of each film including behind the scenes interviews, auditions, bloopers, etc. They're just as good to watch as watching the films themselves. Plus, each films has filmmakers commentaries.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Extended Edition)
    • The Appendices Part 1: From Book to Vision
    • The Appendices Part 2: From Vision to Reality
    • The Fellowship of the Ring Behind the Scenes

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    (Extended Edition)
    • The Appendices Part 3: The Journey Continues...
    • The Appendices Part 4: The Battle for Middle-Earth Begins
    • The Two Towers Behind the Scenes

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
    (Extended Edition)
    • The Appendices Part 5: The War of the Ring
    • The Appendices Part 6: The Passing of an Age
    • The Return of the King Behind the Scenes

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
    (Extended Edition)
    • The Appendices Part 7: A Long-Expected Journey, The Chronicles of the Hobbit - Part 1
    • The Appendices Part 8: Return to Middle-Earth
    • New Zealand: Home of Middle-Earth - Part 1

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
    (Extended Edition)
    • The Appendices Part 9: Into the Wilderland, The Chronicles of the Hobbit - Part 2
    • The Appendices Part 10: The Journey to Erebor
    • New Zealand: Home of Middle-Earth - Part 2

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
    (Extended Edition)
    • The Appendices Part 11: The Gathering Storm, The Chronicles of the Hobbit - Part 3
    • The Appendices Part 12: Here at Journeys End
    • New Zealand: Home of Middle-Earth - Part 3

18. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    The last time I watched any of those six films in their theatrical versions was, well, when initially watching them in theaters. I've never seen any reason to stick with said versions after the fact on home video; they only ever existed in the first place purely for economical/multiplex-distribution reasons, nothing more. One could argue that the Extended Editions are too long, but they are as originally intended from a creative, filmmaking standpoint. I've always been a completist when it comes to that sorta thing, anyways; I don't need to watch a movie just to watch a movie, but rather prefer to engage artists on their own terms.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  19. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Last time I watched the appendices was 2015 or 16 I think, after I first watched the Hobbit EEs. I parcelled them out over months, watching one or two featurettes a night, took me so long to finish the Hobbit ones, but was very interesting.

The only one I really remember now is the one about the Dwarf prosthetics ironically ;)

My fave from the LOTR set are the ones that examine how they adapted the book to the script, fascinating stuff to me.

Jedi Knight Fett and Mr. Forest like this.
  20. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    @Ingram_I I feel the same way watching films. Plus, I am one of those people who prefer long films that feel a bit slow rather than short films that feel too fast. I can't count the number of films I've seen that suffered from cutting the run time down just so it's "paced" better or to squeeze as many theatrical showings in day as possible. That being said, I think The Lord of the Rings had quite impressive theatrical cuts that didn't suffer from said edit, yet I can't go back after seeing the extended editions. I just feel like the journey is incomplete.

@darkspine10 I prefer The Lord of the Rings appendices as well, but what the special features The Hobbit offers are also fascinating and quite enjoyable to experience. I'm going to attempt a yearly re-watch of all six films starting from An Unexpected Journey to The Return of the King. However, when I watch the appendices again, I will go from The Fellowship of the Ring to The Battle of the Five Armies.

21. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
  22. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Morning Heffers, how's it going? :)

I've got memes to share:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    Ugh, don’t get me started on the Bethesda thing. They made one bad game people, stop acting like they’re EA.

24. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    morning all. lets all try to get through Monday unscathed.
    [face_coffee]:oops:

25. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Just delivered a presentation and it went pretty ****. Also had to do a demo and handed in an essay and technical report...it has been a busy Monday!

Started watching the Incredibles 2 though, for a break :)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.