main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RYL: OOM-9s Thread of Battle Droid Greatness - PT Social Thread (RYL Movie Night - Fri 7/26, 9 PM)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by cubman987 , Jan 2, 2019.

?

July Movie Night - Friday, 7/26 at 9:00 PM - PICK 2 (all on netflix/can use free trial)

Poll closed Jul 15, 2019.
  1. Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse

48.1%
  2. Scarface

14.8%
  3. Avengers: Infinity War

51.9%
  4. The Fifth Element

25.9%
  5. Ex Machina

22.2%
  6. Pick this if you want Heels to add the years to the movies like he's SUPPOSED TO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Love it or hate it or indifferent, TLJ looks absolutely stunning on blu ray. It is a beautiful looking movie, story elements aside.

2. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Yes. but remember you have to clean all of them every week and you can't use alcohol. You also have to keep them out of direct sunlight. You also HAVE TO store them in specialty wooden cases to preserve the high quality. The experts say mahogany, but through trial and error I've found Brazilian rosewood to be quite suitable. Also you need to always buy original editions and NEVER buy re-releases because the quality always suffers. I prefer to purchase mine at swanky invitation-only Blu-ray auctions where all the discs have been graded and their values artificially inflated by licensed Doctors of Bluraytology(TM), because I know quality. Also I recommend that you spend at least $3,500 on Blu-ray video equipment otherwise you're quality will still be crap.

3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    You peasant!

I'll only be satisfied when I have the original un-edited film reels of all the films, before any visual effects or music were added! Those are the only versions a true fan should watch, and I get my copies sourced directly from George Lucas at Skywalker Ranch. I store them in atomically stable lead-lined cases, cooled to exactly 5 degrees centigrade to ensure their preservation!

Anything less is literally unwatchable!

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I think I'll watch that one first. :p

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Highly recommend Rogue One. Gorgeous movie, even moreso on Blu-Ray.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Nice. Visually, Rogue One is indeed stunning - one of the best. Story-wise, it's not so high on my list, but that's well documented here.

7. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    So should I throw away my VHS version of Rogue One?? [face_thinking]

Though honestly I can't really tell the difference in quality when I watch a digital version vs the bluray disc for movies or tv shows. Though I can really tell the difference between DVD and blurray. In my rewatch of MCU movies we apparently only have the first few on DVD, except iron man 2 which we have on blurray for some reason :p , and wow the difference is there.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  8. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    This reminds me that I still need to buy another VCR since mine died awhile back.
    I enjoy watching the ROTJ tape once a year. Nostalgia is a cruel master. :p
    Plus, the Jaws VHS has deleted scenes edited into the film that Spielberg removed on the blu ray release.

I sold my Indiana Jones tapes the other day as I've since upgraded lol.
    Still need to get TOD though.

The Dr. Strangelove blu ray looks gorgeous and is a major upgrade from DVD in spite of it being in black and white. Many more details are now apparent.

9. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
  10. DarthAnakin96

Feb 5, 2016
    We still have the OT on VHS (pre special edition) which is the ones me and my brother always watched as kids. It would be interesting to go back and watch those just to see how much different it feels from the blurays. But we also need a VCR for that too. :p

11. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    My Goodwill has a dozen VHS tapes for a dollar. I really need to downgrade.

12. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    VIDEO

CASETTE

RECORDING

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    A E S T H E T I C

14. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Anakin: How does one learn this power of Sharknado 6?

Palpatine: Not from a Jedi.

15. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    There's a flea market in Missouri I've been to a few times, and like almost every booth has a unique copy of TPM on VHS. It's weird how common that is.

16. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    New trailer! :D

I skipped out on seeing 3 in theaters although I love 1 & 2. Definitely have to see this one now; it looks fun. :)

17. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
  18. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    During the beginning of the trailer I was kinda getting annoyed again about Pixar continuing the series after Toy Story 3 was a great ending, but then God Only Knows started playing and I forgave them.

19. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    I knew as soon as I heard God Only Knows that @s_heffley was going to get in on that

20. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    So the ending of Love Actually is your favorite ending then Hef?

21. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    If I had seen the movie, yes.

Also that scene in the middle of the first Scooby Doo movie.

22. DarthAnakin96

Feb 5, 2016
    I'm intrigued! But also its insane to see how much the animation quality has gotta better from the first toy story. Now they look like actual toys that aren't just computer generated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    The movie looks fun- at least it looks like a sequel that is worthy of being made, and not a contractually obligated film

I’LFL probably also get misty eyed as VJ said lol
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
  25. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Currently watching one of the most insane yet fun episodes of Doctor Who: Meglos!

It features a super-genius villain who turned himself into a cactus to survive a thousand years underground beneath a desert, who then turns himself into the Doctor to steal his power source from a neighbouring planet. The Doctor and his companions don't even arrive on the planet until late into Part 2, since they spend Part 1 stuck in the TARDIS in a time loop.

It's a bonkers story, but I can't help but love it's mad ambition, even if it comes off pretty goofy :p The villain, the titular Meglos, is certainly the best aspect. He's so competent and smart for a cactus, and I love the way he just effortlessly strolls around in control.

It usually ends up near the bottom of most rankings, but I think it's really charming in it's own way :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.