main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RYL: PT Social Thread - The First Annual RYL Awards (name pending)(TM) Day 5!!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Nov 1, 2017.

?

Which "Disney Star Wars" movie is your favorite?

Poll closed Jan 3, 2019.
  1. Episode VII - The Force Awakens

14.3%
  2. Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

25.7%
  3. ROGUE One: A Star Wars Story

45.7%
  4. Solo: A Star Wars Story

2.9%
  5. The Pillar of Storge: A Pillar of Storge Story

11.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    Why are we posting long dead memes.

2. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    They never die if they’re in your heart

3. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    I think I said that once, but these memes are like super dead.

4. DarthAnakin96

Feb 5, 2016
    Also random but it’s funny to see just how bad my eyesight is getting because I used to just play games and watch tv without any glasses all the time but I just now tried to and can barely read anything on the screen :p

5. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I'm old. Current memes are an impenetrable tangle of soul-killing insincerity to me.

6. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    While we are on the topic of memes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    "Cardio Hit" sounds awesome to me (as long as awesome 80s and 90s dance remixes are involved:p)

also: i _skimmed_ the pages from last night. I did not read every single post by far, so please no one assume that because i didn't "like" a particular post, it means i disagree with it or dislike the poster of that post...in general, even when i read a lot of posts in here, there are plenty of posts that i'm fine with that i do not necessary hit the "like" button for (for one thing, I sometimes read posts without being logged in, so no ability to "like"...and I don't go back later to find posts I might've liked if I had been reading while logged in). I am not one of those who likes every single post--we already have ppl here who handle that duty, lol (and of course, we love them for it!:p[:D])

i only have one thing i want to chime in on, and this in no way requires a response from anyone, just something i would like to be "known." :)

my own POV on religious-related things is largely that of a "secular humanist," heavily leaning toward an atheist outlook, though still with a sliver of agnosticism [laced with a lot of skepticism] about the possible existence of some type of higher force or power. Meaning in essence, i live my life under the general feeling/assumption/conclusion that there is no "God," at least as most religions that I know conceive of or have written about such an entity (and no heavenly rewards or punishments in hell, no afterlife of any kind, etc.).

however, i have several quite close friends (both here on the jc and in RL) who are religious (some Christian, some other religions) and I respect them and their particular types of religious views immensely. And I admire many of the New Testament teachings of Jesus himself* (who I see as a historical person, but not divine.) (*e.g., "love thy neighbor," "welcome the stranger," "care for the poor and vulnerable," etc)

but the reason I am posting this info is that for whoever in this thread does happen to like me as a person or just thinks that i'm a nice or kind person (which i definitely try to be), i want them to know that whatever they like in me also coincides on a very deep level with my secular orientation and religious skepticism.

i think sometimes atheists/skeptics/secular humanists have a very negative reputation in some (not all) religious circles (automatically seeing us as "lacking any morals" or "nihilistic," etc.), so if I can in any small way help to challenge that assumption/stereotype/negative view of us non-religious folks, i want to take this opportunity to do so.

thank you to whoever reads my mini-wall of text, lol [face_peace] :)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  8. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    @DarthAnakin96

[​IMG]

:p Jk; poor eyesight is frustrating; I feel you. I only take my glasses off for crafting & laptop work. :p
    If it's worse, perhaps your eyesight has changed since you last saw the eye doctor? [face_thinking]

On the bright side:

[​IMG]

:-B:D

EDIT: darn it now I just thought of MCU Vision & I'm sad. :(:p

9. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Wat

That felt like reading a physics textbook. And if Bigger Luke is only slightly bigger, it wouldn't be noticeable from a distance...

IRL friend? Because I don't remember that here last night. Although a lot happened.

10. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I like to think I'm totally debunking this theory.

11. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    The dubious Fry meme is not dead! At this point it's evergreen.

Nyan cat is a dead meme. Double rainbow is dead. Bad Luck Bryan is dead. Soylent Green is people, but Skeptical Fry is forever.

12. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    Yeah, IRL friend. Don’t worry, you didn’t miss some big reveal.

13. Valency Jane

Jan 17, 2016
    But which way? :confused: :p (edit: for clarification's sake! You seem very smart glasses or not. :p)

14. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    Don’t tell that to McDonalds, they just did a whole ad campaign with him [face_laugh]

15. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Ha, the high IQ part. My vision is awful.
    [​IMG]

16. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    Myopia isn't just bad vision in general, it's nearsightedness.

17. Valency Jane

Jan 17, 2016
    @Huttese 101 :eek: I didn't know that, but probably should've. :oops::p Evidently the high I.Q. thing isn't working out for me lol. :p But I blame the google cause that's how I found it. :p I should stick to gifs instead. [face_laugh]

Also I now own JL cause that's like the only way to watch it. :p Starting it now. :)

18. DarthAnakin96

Feb 5, 2016
    Looks like I am really smart then because I can’t see that tv over there very well. :-B:p

19. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Cardio Hit was exhausting!

It was similar to Zumba to start with (though faster and more intense), though it was more formal, and we eventually strung a whole load of shorter aerobic moves into one super long dance, which was pretty cool :)

After that, we did 50 seconds on, 10 seconds off, Cardio, Legs, Each Arm, Cardio again. That was very tiring ;)

Last we did some quick weight lifting and stretching on mats.

Was much more tiring than the usual Zumba, though I'm sure it's good for my body, especially after the Christmas indulgences :p

Also Penny, your religious POV sounds very similar to mine (though I'm more sceptical of the historic Jesus), nice to have a wide spectrum of belief here in RYL :)

20. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    oh one other thing i must add:

pregnant obi-wan is not controversial to me. at all. in fact, i rather like him.:p

@CIS Droid

21. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

That said, I fear the chaos and division that his summoning will cause, leave that to Phil Swift, Bill Cipher, and Seagoat ;) Wouldn't want our anti-Obi-Preggers posters seeing something they'd rather not :)

22. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    and that class sounded great, darsk!

i'm happy to report that on day 3 of my workout resolution (i actually started on dec 31), i have met my goal of getting at least a light 30-min workout in (hoping to add regular intensity as i go along, and yesterday i had a more intense 50-minute session). it was on my home treadmill (on incline) as I haven't had a chance to go out and get the new spin bike yet (but that should be happening soon).

i miss doing group classes but i don't think it's in the cards for me for now (i don't want to rejoin my gym until i prove to myself that i can keep up a regular routine, plus sometimes with my schedule it's hard to find classes at times i am most likely to be able to do them)

23. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    I'm nearsighted. I have glasses but don't always wear them. Does that mean I'm only sometimes smart?

24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    this new support for pregnant obi-wan shocks me. i must rally the anti-pregnant obi-wan forces.

also @Valency Jane - I liked the Khan one more than the first new Trek. It was a flashy, yet kind of empty experience, I thought. I'll check out the third one, though!

huttese, you hanging in there? i was wiped out this morning.

25. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    ^your use of that particular gif to reply to my post cracked me up, darsk[face_laugh]

and lol to the bolded. i actually didn't tag him in order to request more pg obi pics:p, but just because i thought @CIS Droid would get a kick out of my outspoken "support" :p

[face_laugh] heels

i particularly like the absurdity of the bolded sentence when read out of context. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.