main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RYL: PT Social Thread - The First Annual RYL Awards (name pending)(TM) Day 5!!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Nov 1, 2017.

?

Which "Disney Star Wars" movie is your favorite?

Poll closed Jan 3, 2019.
  1. Episode VII - The Force Awakens

14.3%
  2. Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

25.7%
  3. ROGUE One: A Star Wars Story

45.7%
  4. Solo: A Star Wars Story

2.9%
  5. The Pillar of Storge: A Pillar of Storge Story

11.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    lord of the goats. maybe fifth in this award, but first in our hearts.

[​IMG]

lord of the cubbies. maybe fourth in the award, but first in our hearts.

[​IMG]

2. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Yay Goatman and seacub!

3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Your sad comment about your ranking made me think of this Force Unleashed scene with Kota:
    [​IMG]

4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

In 3rd place we have.... @Jedi Knight Fett ! I honestly have no idea what RYL would be without John Fett Kennedy but I know it wouldn't be as good a place to post. From the likes, to re-reading every post in all of the threads, his participation in most RYL events, and interviewing most of us in his interview thread, he is crucial in helping to make RYL work. He's also very receptive to us calling him John Fett Kennedy and telling him to do his homework :) Finally, he's improved a lot as a poster even just this year (as evident by his award) and he is very much deserving of this nomination.

5. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    If Heels wins this, then he ties with JKF for the 'Most awards received Award' :p

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    lord of the fettkennedys, third in the award, first in our hearts

[​IMG]

7. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

And then there were two: @Dandelo and @heels1785 ....for what it's worth I absolutely think the voters got the top 2 right. Dandelo is one of the more active posters in RYL and as I think you can tell one of the favorites. He's easily one of the nicest posters and certainly one of the more unique posters in RYL. With his minor obsession with Dianna Agron, his weird fascination with Furbies, and his failed attempts at a RYL dictatorship, nay, world domination.... this place would certainly not be what it is without him. He's both worthy of this nomination and more than worthy of being the winner.

As for heels...I honestly don't know what to say. He's far and away one of the best and one of my favorite people in the forums. He's a great mod and I certainly wouldn't be a mod if not for him. He not only helps keep RYL going but also contributes so much to it both with his posts and his actions behind the scenes. He's caring, funny, and he puts up with all the crap I give him. I joked about him not being worth of a nicest RYLer vote but that's absolutely what it was...joking...because he absolutely deserved it. If only he liked better sports teams.....

8. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

and the winner is........

Well it looks like Rogue One wins the favorite "Disney Star Wars" vote, even if it is a more corrupt poll than the dictator one I hijacked :p

9. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    just made it :D

10. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

okay in 2nd place is @Dandelo who deserves all of the congratulations....it was a neck and neck race the entire vote and you finished well ahead of the rest of us but just short of our winner....

Congratulations to the first ever winner of "The Lucas" as RYL MVP: @heels1785 !!!!
    [​IMG]
    Come up and make your speech!

11. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Ooh, the tension is killing me! [face_nail_biting][face_praying]

Edit: Congrats to Heels! I sure timed this post just too late ;)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  12. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    And congrats to all our winners this year! It's great to be among such award-worthy posters :)

My only regret is that you guys didn't vote for me enough, so I didn't win a proper award :p (I have that photography award at least, that gives me life :D)

Looking forward to our award ceremony in one year's time (though maybe not schedule it across New Year's next time Cubby, then you won't have to worry about toys up noses ;))

13. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Congratulations @heels1785 !!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Couldn't agree more and to all the deserving nominees in this category.

14. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Oh, and now Heels and JKF should fight to the death, to decide which of them gets the 'most awards received award' ;)
    [​IMG]

15. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

well done Heels!!! well deserved my friend :D
    and to all the noms!!!

Thank you all so much and to all those who voted for me, I'm really touched :D

and to all the winners and noms this year and to everyone

[​IMG]

16. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Cubman, amazing job organizing and hosting this whole thing, thanks so much for it. It was a lot of fun and a good thing to bring the thread together (if that makes sense).

[​IMG]

17. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Now that the ceremony has ended, I've retrieved my Shredder helm:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i'm going to keep this short and in my non-obnoxious persona (unlike the avatar award) but i just want to say how thankful i am to all of you. this is a special place, made that way only by the people here. each of you, no matter when you joined our quirky family, brings something special that we would be sorely missing without you. whether you make us laugh, think, or smile, you're sharing your better selves with our group, to make us a better whole, and that is remarkable.

i'm veering ever-so-closely to cornytown, but just know that i appreciate the kindness you've shown me, and i hope to always give you the same. i hope each of you know how much i appreciate and value your friendship. thanks.

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    and finally for the lord of the furbies...

[​IMG]

first in our hearts.

thanks, cubman, for a job well done with these awards. you're the man, but you know that. congratulations to all winners and nominees, and everyone in between.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The funny thing is I completely forgot who I voted for except for the meme award.

21. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Was it me? Or the traitor Heff?

Whether I consider you friend or foe is determined entirely on this ;)

22. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    That is a wrap for the First Annual RYL Awards (name pending)(TM)! Congratulations to all of our winners and nominees. I had a lot of fun doing this, I hope you all enjoyed it as well. Now, as promised, a special performance by Muse to close things out:

23. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.