main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RYL - the PT Social Thread - Certified Fresh Edition

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Apr 3, 2022.

?

When should we have a new RYL Thread?

1. Now

28.6%
  2. Never

19.0%
  3. February 29th

23.8%
  4. Beginning of March

14.3%
  5. Beginning of March but March 2024

14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    There are a lot of approaches and many options nowadays and that is positive because everyone can do what works best for them.

Many of my friends and family members have gotten rid of all of their physical media and rely on streaming only or nearly so. And that is great that it works for them.

I don't collect much anymore, but I've enjoyed it over the years and am very grateful to have instant access to many DVDs and Blu rays at home without having to spend anymore.

I've got collections based on directors like Hitchcock, Kurosawa, Kubrick, Scorsese, Spielberg, Lucas, Lynch, Hughes, Burton, and others.

I've got a large Godzilla collection, over 20 films, most of the 007 films, comic book superhero films and various cartoons.

Franchises like Indiana Jones, Alien, Harry Potter, Ghostbusters, Star Trek, Doctor Who, LotR/Hobbit, and many Disney classics.

I've got a modest horror collection, lots of Sci Fi, including several classic 1950s B movies which I love. Universal classic monsters films. I've got about 25 Jack Nicholson films, including some rare ones. And a modest Criterion blu ray collection of about 50 movies..
    And a huge stack of comedies, dramas, and action/ war films and documentaries. And concert videos.

If I want to watch Creature From the Black Lagoon, it is right there. Forbidden Planet. The Umbrellas of Cherbourg. City Lights by Chaplin. The Hidden Fortress. Killer's Kiss by Kubrick. Bergman's The Magic Flute. Metropolis (complete on Blu ray). Magical Mystery Tour by The Beatles. The Man Who Fell to Earth, starring David Bowie. Serpico, starring AL Pacino. Etc... Just for some examples.

I don't have to search where these are streaming and sub, rent, or buy a digital copy. I can pop them into the player at home anytime even if the internet is down for some reason. Just yesterday, Dandelo and I watched the IT tv miniseries and it was very convenient to have it here on DVD. I bought that DVD like 20 years ago and it still works fine and have watched it several times. No searching and subbing required.

I don't like watching movies on my phone or a laptop somewhere out and about, so I'm fine with relying on a blu ray player at home. I still have a VCR so I can watch the SW OOT.

Just as that is nowhere to be found on Disney+, I once had a 50 film digital collection that completely vanished once the provider lost the rights. Why would I ever buy another digital movie again when they can just take it away whenever they want? Or move the content from one company to another. I don't want lawyers in charge of what movies I have access to watch.

But like I said, it is great there are so many options now and people can do what is best for their schedule, lifestyle, and viewing interests.

Another thing about streaming, I prefer to watch and rewatch my favorite movies on blu ray and dig into all the special features, rather than binging multiple season length TV shows. I am not up to date on barely any shows and I'm fine with that.

With all that said, I still watch Netflix, Disney +, and Hulu from time to time. And YouTube has some cool older movies that they stream for free legally.

So many options! We're living in a lucky era for obtaining film and TV content that's for sure.

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
  3. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    [​IMG] :p

Tia and darkspine10 like this.
  4. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Well I'm back so you can stop having fun now.

5. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

How's it going folks? ;)

6. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    eh, bit of boring day :p

7. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Got my hair cut, doing laundry and mostly staying inside due to the cold.

darkspine10 likes this.
  8. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth Force Ghost star 6

Sep 4, 2021
    Whatcha you doin' RYL?
    [​IMG]

9. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    I went out to lunch with a friend (forgot about how much fun, as it's been so long), got my coffee, a thumb-drive for my radio, whatched the first 3 episodes of the last season of The Closer, and now I'm here...

So all in all, pretty okay Saturday if I do say so myself!
    [​IMG]

10. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Chilling at the mall due to more work hours being cut.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    Jedi Bluth likes this.
  11. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    I'm sorry to hear that, @Mr. Forest, hopefully this is just temporary..

My job they are going crazy about trying to save a nickel....

Mr. Forest likes this.
  12. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    That's pretty much every job now in days. They pay less, meaning people have less money to spend, meaning people buy less, which leads to losses, which leads to less pay...

It's a never ending cycle.

PCCViking and Jedi Bluth like this.
  13. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    Well idiots in charge, can't come up with new ideas...

I mean look at Southwest Airlines, idiots who never worked outside a cubicle, never understood what hard work was; ruined a company while they embezzled money...

Same old song and dance...

Mr. Forest likes this.
  14. Tia

Tia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2022
    uggh

Mr. Forest likes this.
  15. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    Oh the new Aqua Teen movie is a must see!

@Lady_Belligerent You've got to see it!

16. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    [​IMG]

17. Tia

Tia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2022
    yeah not in a good mood :p

Jedi Bluth likes this.
  18. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    [​IMG]

Tia likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Today history was made. The first air to air kill of an F-22 happened when it shot down that Chinese spy ballon. This is also the first air to air it probably air to ground kill in the continental US. That we know of. Truly many answers to bar trivia

Wait no. I think the US shot down some Japanese balloons over Oregon during the Second World War. Still my first point stands.

20. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
  21. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Night folks. Might be off out on a walk tomorrow, over near Bath again (where the least muddy paths can be found) :)

Jedi Bluth likes this.
  22. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    darkspine10 likes this.
  23. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Dandelo likes this.
  24. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    eh not much dude, you?

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  25. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Same. Was thinking of watching wankanda forever but might nap instead. How's your weekend? Britain's a weekend ahead right?

darkspine10 and Dandelo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.