main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

S.M.O.O.C.H. : Dedicated to the service of mush lovers everywhere

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Melyanna, Oct 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Many moons (well, a long time ago, at least) I promised that I would post a mush scene that was intense without being graphic. The story finally got to this poing, so here it is. Remember, this is just an example for you. Perhaps now that Princess Aurora is back from Arizona, she can post an example of her own. (Hint hint. :D )

-------

"Something troubles you."

Tirreo inhaled deeply to calm herself. "Is that your default response, Cedron?" she asked in irritation.

"No, I'm merely stating the truth. Something troubles you," he replied, implacable.

"Well, other than the fact that something tried to kill us all last night, I'm fine," she bit out.

"Tirreo, this is no time for your sarcasm."

She spun around to face him. "Cedron, something's wrong here. I feel something that just isn't right. I can't figure out what it is, and it's driving me crazy."

"I can tell," he answered, walking closer to her. His head almost brushed the low ceiling. "I don't sense anything as horribly wrong as what you seem to sense. Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, not really," she replied. As she looked up at him, she noticed a flash of pain in his eyes. It wasn't anything new for her to push him away, but their relationship had been changing. Drastically. Over twelve years, something had happened between them. Tirreo wondered why it had taken her so long to notice how close they'd really become.

Cedron dropped his brown-eyed gaze from her face and suddenly seemed interested in the floor. Guilt swept through Tirreo, and she put her hands on either side of his face, pulling his head up and forcing him to look at her. "I don't want to push you out, Cedron," she began. "It's just that you can't even sense it. How can you understand?"

"I can't," he whispered. "All I can do is try to help. You won't even let that happen."

Tirreo was dimly aware of the way Cedron inched closer as he spoke. To her own surprise, she found that she didn't care particularly. Lately she'd been wanting to be around him more and more, and he'd been more than willing to oblige her. Almost unconsciously she opened herself up to him entirely, letting him search through her soul, but she sensed that the answer eluded him as much as it eluded her. As he withdrew his touch from her mind, she dropped her hands from his face.

They were standing so close to each other that Tirreo's chest nearly touched his as she inhaled. She was acutely aware of the warmth of his breath on her face. Despite this, it was still a little surprising to her when his lips touched hers.

She soon found herself falling easily into Cedron's embrace, and she wondered idly where he'd learned this, because it was all new to her. The way his hands moved around her slim waist and his lips pressed harder, ever so slightly, against hers evoked a feeling unlike any Tirreo had ever experienced. Instinctively she wrapped her arms around him, and she felt a hand running up her spine to support her head. Cedron's presence in the Force was uncharacteristically consumed by desire for her body, spirit, and being, and the energy was permeating her and guiding her. She felt as if a wall of restraint, having held as long as it could, had broken, and a flood of passion had overwhelmed them.

They were so lost in the moment and each other that neither sensed Denya enter the cabin, and it wasn't until the Bothan dropped her datapad, which shattered as it hit the floor, that they reluctantly broke the embrace.

-------

There you have it!

2. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    *Melts onto the floor after reading the post* Wow. That was soooo sweet. That's from one of your stories? Now I'm going to have to go find it. *Pulls herself back into the chair.*

3. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hmm, if I'd been thinking, I would have used that as a perfect opportunity for advertising. I think I'll just have to use this as a perfect opportunity for advertising.

That was an excerpt from The Eternal Vow, a pre-TPM fic cowritten by Sticks and myself.

Princess Nadia

4. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Mely, you make a Luney proud. *sniff* ;)

5. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    As I said in the actual story's thread, she had that post written before she ever did the first one... *shakes head in befuddlement*

Okay, I'm joining up, if only to get some pointers for several mush scenes coming up in Worlds Apart, a spinoff of Melyanna's Of Pilots And Jedi and Into the Unknown. I should have some samples ready soon, and if we must come up with names for ourselves, I'll be Lady Arwen. :D

Oh yeah, anyone who's read my previous stuff knows that I'm not a particularly mushy person, so bear with me here. ;)

--Lady Arwen

6. Sticks

Jan 27, 2001
    Wait a second; I'm changing my name to Princess Buttercup. :D Works, since that's my RL nickname anyway.

--Princess Buttercup

7. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Now where did you get that name? ;) Sticks, by the time Mely and I get through with you, you'll be more mushy than violent ;)

8. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Princess Buttercup? Hehe, every time I hear that I end up thinking of the prince standing out on the balcony and waving to his people going, "The Princess Buttercup!" All arrogant and everything.

Sorry, seen The Princess Bride one too many times. :D

9. Sticks

Jan 27, 2001
    Haven't we all? :D

And every time I hear that name, I think of last year's Bible Quiz Nationals, when I got subbed in while wearing one of those headband-lei-type things, and the quizmaster looked at me and said, "Ladies and gentlemen, Buttercup has arrived." Voila. It's been my nickname ever since.

As for more mush than violence, fat chance, luney. 8-}

P.S.: I'll soon have a mush scene from Worlds Apart finished and ready for critiquing.

10. Sticks

Jan 27, 2001
    All right, here you go. Enjoy! (FYI: the story takes place ten years after Mel's Into the Unknown, and it's told from the POV of Danae Fel. The other two characters mentioned besides her and Valin in this excerpt are original creations.)
    -----
    His left hand came to rest on my shoulder. "If it were Jysella," he said softly, "I'd want to be there. I understand what you're feeling, Danae. Anyone who has a sibling would. I'm here, if you need me."

Wordlessly, I nodded and reached up to wipe the tears from my face, but he caught my hand in his free one and used the other to gently brush my cheek dry. That hand stayed there, and for a long moment he looked into my eyes with something like apprehension in his expression. Then he set his jaw, leaned forward, and kissed me.

That was different. For a time I was too stunned to react (something inside me shouted, How could you not see that coming?), but as it dawned on me that Valin was kissing me, my eyes fluttered closed and I made an effort at kissing back. It was hard: I was distracted by this warmth that filled me all of a sudden, like a wave, or a crescendo in one of Jandover's pieces. Absently I wondered if it was the Force (It's not contagious, dummy, I chided myself later), then gave up thinking about it and started enjoying it.

So I was more than a little annoyed when the lift tube reached my floor and its door slid open.

Immediately Valin pulled back, and the warmth left me. A few heartbeats passed as we just stared at each other, then Valin slapped the lift's control panel and the door slid shut again. When he moved forward to kiss me again, I was ready, and wrapped my arms around him. My pulse pounded in my ears and my breath came quick and fleeting, if at all. Valin seemed only slightly more relaxed-- must have been that Jedi control.

When at last we pulled away, it was only when we both needed to come up for air. Valin grinned at me, and only then did I notice the reason I had felt so lightheaded... The lift was dropping. When it reached Level 16 again, it stopped. The door slid open to reveal Achaia and Jaimore. Stares were traded all around. I could feel myself blushing-- if they hadn't guessed what had been happening, the expression on my face certainly gave it away. Slowly, Achaia grinned and turned to Jaimore. "You owe me twenty credits," she said, and the man rolled his eyes and paid her.
    -----
    So... whaddya think? [face_hopeful]

11. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Oooh, I'm SOOOO looking forward to this story. That was great! :D Please, please tell me Danae and Valin don't die. :_| I don't care if they're tortured, but if they die... :_|

12. Ghent42

Ghent42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    This mush is almost scary. It's exceedingly mushy. Mushilysmushilyslushilyschmooooooshily!
    I'm a very onamatapea (I know a totally screwed up the spelling) person, Qwi, I'm not insane.
    Good writing to all the people who wrote them. Unfortunately with me, one or two of those mush stories at a time are sweet, but reading them all in one sitting makes me want to throw up. I better go read one of the X-Wing stories or something (I know, typical guy reaction).

13. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    *crosses her arms and glares at Ghent* This is a SUPPORT group for mushiness! You certainly didn't sound SUPPORTIVE!

14. Sticks

Jan 27, 2001
    As I assured the folks in the ItU thread, no, neither Valin nor Danae die in this story. I killed Valin off in Parting, and now's my chance to ressurect him and have some fun. :D And of course, the story is written from Danae's point of view, so it's rather difficult to kill her off (although not impossible; I've seen fics where it's done). But you can rest assured, these two lovebirds are still alive by the end of the story. ;)

15. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Can I join? Hmmmm... name... Howabout Lady Anne? (After Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables etc... one of my favorite heroines)

I'm a softie for mush but I've actually written very little. I'm hoping to write some in I, Jagged eventually, (Sorta... does longing for mush count?) but right now I'm stuck trying to describe yet another battle/sim run. Those bore me to death (which is why I have a co-author) but it's really what makes sense for the character.

Maybe eventually I'll go dig up an old Luke/Mara mush scene I did. :) I'd like to say that I've enjoyed reading the mush here very much.

16. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Of COURSE You may join us Marie!!! :D :D :D

Awwwww Sticks!!! Awwww, I love first kiss scenes! I'll definitely be there for that story! ( I can't think up much more to add to that to make it better, but if I do, I'll let you know. ;))

Well, since we've had a little Valin mush, I figured I'd dig up some year old Jysell mush of mine. :D This is part of the closing scene in I, The Jedi's Daughter, told from Jysella's point of view. (This is only my second fic, so I'm not quite so descriptive. ;))

"Jysella! Where are you going?"! My father yelled after me.

"To find Rand. He needs to prove something to me." I yelled back, now running down the hall.

Finally I lost my Father, but realized that Rand had been in the briefing room with us. Sith.

"Jysella!" I head Rand call. I smiled. He must've heard my *fight* with my father. I turned to find him running up to me.

"I heard I needed to prove something to you?" He grinned slyly, catching up to me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You heard right. Do you think you can?" I asked cocking an eyebrow.

"I know I can." He replied, leaning forward and kissed my lips tenderly, causing me to tingle all over. I returned his kiss, pressing them only slightly harder. Suddenly I was pulled away from him by my seething father.

"What exactly were you proving to her?" My father asked, in a cool calm voice.

Rand flushed, and shifted his feet. "Um..., well.."

He was tongue tied. I couldn't blame him.

"That he wouldn't mind being close to me." I said, coming to his rescue and taking his hand.

My father eyed this without comment, but I could tell he didn't like it. "We need to talk." He said, boring his green eyes into mine.

"About what?" I asked.

"This. You two, trying to get close to eachother. Kissing eachother. Do you have any idea what that leads to?" My father responded.

"Is it more kissing or what I should ask mom about?" I asked, cocking my eyebrow.

My fathers cheeks flushed. "Jysella, go to your room."

"Why?!" I asked, exasperated.

"Just do it." He said, in a no nonsense tone.

"Fine." I said, then whispered in Rand's ear. " I apologize in advance for whatever he says to you." I then pecked his lips, to further infuriate my father, and left the two alone. To talk.

17. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    I've always adored that scene, Luney! It's such a great blend of mush and humour. (Picturing Corran as a Daddy WATCHING his little girl have her first kiss is priceless.)

And thanks for welcoming me.

~"Lady Anne"

EDIT: Lady Anne now has serious egg on her face. Reading Luney's post from I, the Jedi's Daughter reminded me of its sequel, What More Kissing Leads To... and I wondered if it had been worked on lately. Actually, it was finished last May, but I missed the last post. Oh well, I still recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it. And it's currently conveniently atop the Fanfic board! :)

18. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Well... second or third kiss, Marie. ;) We canst not forget how Rand "proved himself" aboard the enemy ship, can we? ;) Or Jys's behavior that provoked Corran's first lecture. :D

I'm glad you finally got to read the final post in What More Kissing Leads To! I was wondering when you'd notice it ended. ;)

19. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    A/A
    The Prequel to The Meaning of Love... a snippet post :)

The lights in the reception hall dimmed, and people scattered to the dance floor. Padme looked down at the remnants of her dinner, stirring the food around with her fork. She sighed contently, longing for some escape from this boring world of politics and greed. The band began to play a lively beat, one that fight accordingly to the costume party being held.

She fixed the artificial wings on her back, when someone else mended them for her. Padme turned around the see a young man standing behind her. He wore the outfit of a Jedi, but his features were soft. His tunics each a different shade of beige matched the brown cloak he wore over his shoulders. His eyes were a light shade of blue, one she had not seen in many years. They were the color of the ocean when the first mornings light shone against it.

The man?s blonde locks were unruly on his head, but it suited his looks. His hair
    was short like a Jedi Padawan and he even had a braid. ?Thank you,? Padme said,
    adverting her gaze from the man in front of her.

?It?s no problem,? he replied, his voice calm. He looked into her eyes while folding
    his arms in front of his chest. ?Actually,? he began, fidgeting with the rim of his cloak, ?I was wondering if you would care to dance??

Padme smiled warmly, letting the fork drop to her plate. ?I would love to.?

She stood from the cushioned wood chair, pushing it back into place under the table. Stares from political officers and Nubian citizens went unnoticed by the Queen and the Jedi as they step onto the dance floor. Padme tucked a lone strand of hair that had fallen from her braided crown behind her hair.

The Jedi outstretched his hand and she took it. My small hands fit perfect inside his, Padme thought. He led her to the center of the dance floor, never once loosing eye contact with Padme. Slowly, they stopped, him putting his hands on her waist. She put her hands around his neck, fastening them together.

The music slowed as they two began to sway at the beat. He led her around the floor, dancing in prefect line. Their bodies soon began to move as one in unison, swaying perfectly together.

Sorry, this isn't event on the boards yet, and I have not completed the scene. I will add more a little later. Tell me what you think [face_love]

20. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Force, I have no mushyness to post. I wish I did, though nothing would come close too all the stuff I'm seeing here.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Am [face_love]

21. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    AM!?!?! What do you mean, you have no mushiness to post??? You're one of the mushiest writers I knows! What about your SPimH? THAT had mush! I know, I know, I'm babbling...but I [face_love] your mush!!!

22. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Awwwww [face_love] Thank you, I try to write mush as best as I can...

And Am- believe me, you write SPLENDID Mush [face_love] Mush that would make any girl melt, like it did me [face_blush]

23. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    *blushes* You two are so kind to me, I could dig up what I call small bits of mush. From one of my old fics, if you wish ;)Just tell me and I'll post it. Though I warn you, I wrote it a while ago, so it might not be that good.

Am [face_love]

24. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Am, any mush you want to put on here would be welcome right now. Any mush anyone ELSE wants to put on here would also be welcome; I could really use some at this moment. DRL is hitting me hard, and in a really sore spot. PLEASE, if anyone has ANYTHING, I'd love to see it!

25. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    I'll add something. It will be A/A. And all of my story The Meaning Of Love, but it's not too long :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.