main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sabé for Queen! - "The Phantom Menace" now belongs to her!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Queen Sabé, Apr 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    Well, I finally relented and entered the forbidden confines of the fanfic forum, for the express purpose of reading this story. I must say, I am glad I did. Excellent work!

One small nit to pick: I think Qui-Gon would figure out the deception somewhere along the way. Remember, he is the expert in the Living Force, not his padawan. At the very least, he would be much more open to the suggestion that the "queen" is not what she seems to be.

Anywé, feel free to ignore my nitpicking. Carry on, carry on!

2. Queen Sabé

Queen Sabé Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    Réka, thank you for coming! I also appreciate your feedback. I'll try to take care of that in the next post.

I just turned in my big huge costume design project yesterday! I was working on that thing up until the LAST MINUTE!!!! Literally... redface.gif

Anyway, I'll be posting more pretty soon.

3. jeditictac

jeditictac Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 1999
    queen sabe can't wait for the new post. and yay to you for getting done with that project! :-D just felt like saying that

4. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    Sorry I haven't posted, but I'm now starting to pack to go home for the summer!!!!

I'm also a little stuck plotwise...

I'll do my best to post soon! Thanks for sticking with me!

5. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    Oh!! I love this story!! I've been reading it faithfully, impatiently, and I can't wait to see what happens next Keep up the good work!

6. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    Okay, here is the next installment. I feel like I'm going over a rough spot, so please critique this segment! And be honest! Thank you.

Her eyes widened and she opened her mouth to speak, but couldn?t. There was no need for her to do so, for Obi-Wan interrupted.

"So which one of you young ladies is actually the Queen?"

A sense of failure overwhelmed her as she realized that there was nothing she could do to restore the scheme now and her cheeks darkened with shame. I ought to have been
    more alert. I let my fatigue get the best of me. His good-natured laugh reddened her
    cheeks further.

"Don?t be so hard on yourself. You didn?t fail at anything. Remember that Jedi are a little more perceptive of human nature than most people."

"If you Jedi are so perceptive then how come you didn?t figure it out earlier," she asked with a slight sneer--she had very little to strike back with at this point. Obi-Wan only smiled again.

"I admit that I had my suspicions...ever since your reprimand."

Her eyes narrowed a little at this, but he continued.

"Of course, Qui-Gon never witnessed that particular incident and even though I presented the idea to him, he seemed distracted. This business with Anakin . . .," he trailed off.

"Anakin?"

Obi-Wan looked at her face...her lovely face...and felt that he could trust her.

"I do not agree with my Master?s desire to train the boy."

Surprised, Sabé replied,

"Why not?"

"There just something about him that disturbs me. I feel that training him would be dangerous."

"And not training him?"

Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow at her. She returned his look with one that almost dared him to answer her.

"That, too, could be dangerous," he acknowledged. They were silent. Sabé set her hood down on one of the plush sofas that occupied the room and then sat down herself,
    releasing her hair from its tight bun as she did so. She tried to sit up straight but she was so tired... Her foot still ached. Her stomach hurt--she had eaten very little throughout the whole of their journey and she felt the deprivation fully now. Obi-Wan had followed her to the couch and was now seated at a respectable distance from the young woman. Their minds seemed to be linked: he could feel what she felt. Could she feel his emotions? his doubts about the boy? his fears? Did she have even the slightest hint of what he felt for her? Stop it! he told himself. You?re being ridiculous. He reminded himself of
    his solitary night on Tatooine, circling the gleaming Marie Celeste. Forget it. How?

A sudden weight on his shoulder brought him out of his reverie. Sabé had slumped against
    his shoulder, exhaustion flowing from her. She was likewise startled and jumped up,
    fatigue forgotten, and mumbled her apologies. Sabé stared at the hem of her dress, cheeks
    flaming as he stood up beside her. When she looked up at him, she was surprised at the
    look on his face: embarrassment. She had expected one of his characteristic smirks or
    perhaps an amused laugh, but no...she could see his jaw clenched tightly, as if he were
    trying to quell the wave of red creeping up from beneath his tunic. A lump was rising in
    her throat and she knew she would cry at the slightest provocation. Her heart almost hurt
    as she thought of him, then she was angry at herself for behaving like a child. To be so
    upset over a man! Ridiculous she told herself.

"It?s not ridiculous," said Obi-Wan. Sabé turned away and wiped at the tears spilling from her eyes with the velvet sleeve of her gown.

"Maybe not, but it is impossible."

"What?"

She didn?t go on. If he didn?t know, she wasn?t going to tell him. Obi-Wan stepped closer and placed his hand on her arm--he knew. A relationship. He had only asked to be sure. If she was thinking of something else, he certainly didn?t want to reveal his feelings.

The room was quiet but for Sabé?s violent sniffing as she tried to contain her tears. The only light came from the dim lamps that illuminated the doorway and from the glow of the hundreds of brightly lit buildings outside the wind

7. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    I can't believe I haven't read this story before now! (Even though you referenced me on the first page...) Cute story so far... spent the last hour or so reading it... but then anything Sabé/Obi I like. Course, QS already knows that, don't you?

Just one thing... how old is Sabé supposed to be in this? Until this last post I'd been under the impression Sabé was around 15... but then there she goes, kissing Obi-Wan! Confusing me! How dare she.

8. Sith Vegeta

Sith Vegeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 1999
    Ah!!!! You can't stop there!!!! You have to keep going, we need more than that, you can't leave us hanging!!!!

9. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    Thanks for your comments, guys!

I was feeling a little off--I'm glad you liked it.

Just to clear things up:

Sabé - 17
    Obi-Wan - 23
    Qui-Gon - 50
    Amidala - 14
    Rabé - 15
    Eirtaé - 15
    Saché - 12
    Yané - 12

I just sorta made those up...
    (except Amidala)

10. Sith Vegeta

Dec 2, 1999
    More please.

11. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    Hi all! I hope you haven't given up on my story... I am now at home and have been doing a lot of unpacking. I will post tomorrow night and then I'll be on vacation for several days. I'll try to have the conclusion for you when I get home.

Thanks again for reading!

12. jeditictac

Oct 14, 1999
    up, up, and away..

well not away. just up ;-)

13. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    Okay, here it is...the last post for about a week! Please don't give up hope, though, I'll be back with more story!

Does anyone out there have any comments? Please share them if you do. Thanks.

Amidala smiled diplomatically as Bail Antilles ushered Eirtaé and her into his office with the gracious manners of a true gentleman. He was unchanged since they had last spoken, before the blockade had begun. The similar situation of their two peaceful planets had always made them allies in most political matters and, as she had told Senator Palpatine, they were discussing plans to foster the exchange of knowledge between the two worlds. But that was not the object of today?s discussion. She observed the decoration of the smallish room and noted that it lacked the opulence of Senator Palpatine?s quarters. Antilles was one of few senators who actually cared about helping
    others--not just himself--and ensuring that the Republic ran smoothly. Unfortunately, the
    burden of increasing chaos was too much for so small a number of faithful representatives
    to bear. Captain Panaka, much to his chagrin, had been asked to wait outside while
    Amidala conducted the meeting with Eirtaé as the only observer. As the two young women seated themselves before Bail?s desk, Amidala nodded to her companion, who
    gratefully removed her stifling hood.

?Ah,? he said, smiling, ?Eirtaé. I?m afraid I wasn?t sure who you were--those hoods
    certainly do their job.?

She smiled pleasantly and responded,

?It?s good to see you, Senator Antilles. Even on Naboo we hear of you, always
    mentioned as one of the Republic?s few remaining civil servants who actually
    serves.?

A brief chuckle and he leaned forward and adopted a serious expression.

?What was it you wished to speak to me about, your Highness. I would guess that because of the current situation, it?s not educational exchange programs.?

The Queen shook her head and paused a moment to gather her thoughts.

?There is more behind this invasion than the greedy Trade Federation,? she said slowly.
    Bail only raised his eyebrows, indicating that she should explain.

?The Jedi Ambassadors who were sent to conduct negotiations were nearly murdered and
    the Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, was almost killed a second time when something, presumably sent by the Trade Federation, attacked him just before we left Tatooine.?

?Tatooine??

?As we were leaving Naboo, our ship was hit by one of the Federation?s vessels and our
    hyperdrive core was damaged beyond repair. Tatooine was the only planet near enough to
    land on for a replacement.?

He nodded and she continued.

?Actually, that reminds me of something that Master Jinn said before we even boarded our
    ship. He said that there was no logic in the Trade Federation?s move here and that he felt
    that they would destroy me. I don?t understand why.?

Eirtaé shifted in her chair as if she wished to speak. Amidala turned to her slowly, the
    heavy headdress hindering rapid movement. The young handmaiden spoke.

?Sabé shares your concerns, your Highness. After we were finally en route to Coruscant,
    she talked to Master Jinn about her confusion regarding this chain of events. They both agreed that the Trade Federation would not have had the courage to go so far as to attempt to assassinate two Jedi, unless they were instructed to by someone else. They also agreed that this anonymous third party was probably who sent the mysterious attacker.?

Antilles nodded again and took a deep breath before responding.

?From what you?ve told me and from my own observations of the Trade Federation
    delegates, I must agree with you. Something is not right, although I can?t put my finger on it, either. Your Highness, you have my word that I will not share my knowledge of this conversation with anyone and I will see what information I can find regarding Naboo?s
    situation.?

?Thank you, Senator,? Amidala said gratefully. Eirtaé nodded her thanks. At that moment, a comm panel on his desk sounded.

?Yes, Riza,? Bail said.

?Your analyst, Jufir, has ar

14. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    Please post this!

15. jeditictac

Oct 14, 1999
    the week it will be while you are on vacation will be torture. how will i survive waiting so long for more story but i will endure!
    i love it. :) you should write more stories i think..

16. Sith Vegeta

Dec 2, 1999
    As long as you have a couple of good posts for us when you could back I think that we can surive with out them for a week. Keep it up!!!

17. Sith Vegeta

Dec 2, 1999
    I thought that I'd scoot this back to the top to remind all you that this great fanfiction is here. Can't wait for you to get back Queen Sabe!!!

18. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    Love the story! More please!

19. Queen Sabé

Dec 3, 1999
    Well, hello guys! I'm back! About that last post, I'm probably going to have to change the conclusion for that last post because I tried to think of what to do with the story and...NOTHING!

I'll be thinking and posting VERY soon! Thanks for hanging on.

20. Jaycen_Kayde

Jaycen_Kayde Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2000
    I'm trying to run PA Wars on my PC using Quicktime 4.0. I keep getting a kernel32.dll error at random points throughout the video. I can still watch it, but afterwards I'm forced to reboot. Any solutions to similar problems??

21. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Re-downlaod it. Chances are the file didn't completely finish, yet your computer thought it did. The same thing happens when you try to upload a file, get interrupted, then try to download and watch the partial file. (I'm pretty sure it's the same error. It has the same end result.)

--Nathan Butler
    Co-Writer, Prelude to Hope
    Writer, Second Strike

22. Jaycen_Kayde

Jaycen_Kayde Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2000
    No, I doubt it. This happens with any MOV file. And like I said, I'm able to watch the entire file...while the error is popped up on my screen. My friend said this happens to him a lot also.

23. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Try re-installing to the latest version of Quicktime 4.
    http://quicktime.apple.com http://quicktime.apple.com

Hope this helps,
    --
    Mike Handy
    mike@tombofthejedi.com

24. Jean

Jean Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    Upping for the move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.