main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Sabine

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Feb 16, 2014.

1. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Not sure about Ahsoka, but I know people used to despise her. Now she's basically got a cult following, so that's progress.

As for Sabine, things have definitely gotten a lot better for her too.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    MercenaryAce and teamhansolo like this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Trust me, Ahsoka was the quintessential example of what people argued was a "Mary Sue" character long before Rey played mind tricks with Kylo in TFA.

3. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    I wonder if Sabine will become popular like Ahsoka, someday. Or any of the other Spectres.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well it depends on where they go with the Rebels epilogue cliffhanger (of sorts). It would certainly be fun to have a story where she and Ahsoka are venturing into the far off reaches of the unknown to search for Ezra. Like it or not, TCW was essentially Ahsoka's story; just like the PT movies (and to a lesser degree the Clone Wars microseries) were for Anakin and the OT was for Luke and the ST are for Rey. While Sabine's character was given some progression in Rebels, it was never really meant to be her story.

5. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    That sounds logical.

Kinda irks me that she's likely to win the Rebels character competition, then. In a show that she had a limited role. I know there was a limited voting sample size and there are more Ahsoka cultists here, but it's still doesn't look like a good sign to me.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It's just a silly contest when it all comes down to it. While I suggested TCW was pretty much Ahsoka's story; Rebels was more Ezra's story than anyone else's. But because every episode revolved around each member of the Ghost Crew to some level; it allowed for all of their characters' stories to progress. Hera and Kanan got a novel written about them (Kanan even had his own comic series). To this point, the only thing we know about Sabine's story is what she did in the company of the Ghost crew (and maybe a few FOD shorts).

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    my guess is an easter egg considering Filoni is directing the first episode.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  9. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    Not Needed.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2019
  10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    As long as they drop her cheesy “Nickelodeon version of punk rock” look, I’d love to see her in live action.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  11. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I don't mind it because being an artist differentiates her from being another Boba/Jango Fett type Mandalorian. I think we have enough of those already, there is no need to change that.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  12. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    What I was trying to say, before the mod removed my post, was that I feel like a "Sabine" archetype exists in the irl.
    A female artist who occasionally vandalizes property, is actually a trained fighter, is rather intelligent (labeled gifted by the school system), hides depression, etc.

13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    No, I like the idea of her being an artist, and having a distinct punk aesthetic. It’s the execution I dislike. It’s kiddie/ faux punk. It’s how a mainstream person who knows nothing about punk might interpret punk. For live action, I would want them to make her artistic augmentations a little cooler-looking, that’s all.

14. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    Thing is that style is rather common.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  15. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Your post was removed because it was inappropriate. If you wish to discuss it over PM feel free to message me.

16. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    Np. Just my observations of who end up fitting the Sabine Archetype, and a good mix of vitriol.

17. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Sometimes observations are best left unsaid when they are not appropriate. Let's move on.

teamhansolo and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, keep that vitriol up and you'll be out of here faster than you can say Mando mercs making macaroni on a Monday morning. :)

19. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I see what you mean, but to me it was more "new wave". Or, like how the punk look was already being portrayed in movies as early as the '80s (because the mainstream didn't really get the difference between punk and new wave anyway, so almost the same thing in practice). The look also read a little bit anime to me. She's also young in Rebels. It seems like, canonically, Sabine goes on to be a respected artist, so we'd expect her future look to be a bit more sophisticated in any event.

godisawesome and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Offhand, the only other notable artist I could think of from a canonical sense was Iden Versio's mother from the Battlefront 2: Inferno Squad book. She created the posters adorning the official buildings throughout the galaxy of Palpatine.

teamhansolo and Bor Mullet like this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Sabine Cosplayer at a local con on Long Island this weekend.
    [​IMG]

22. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    As far as Sabine making an appearance in the Mando? Yeah I do believe it is possible. I'd say if they decided to do a flashback perhaps they could do one right before her and Ahsoka leave to search for Ezra. I know they went off to find him after the Battle of Endor, but still not exactly sure how long after Endor it happened.

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    @Fredrik Vallestrand please don't necro-post, especially if you don't have anything new to contribute (that art is a year old).

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    ok, i just thought i share it, maybe look at what she might have looked like and could in future.