main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Line-by-Line (Now Quoting: Return of the Jedi)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Ambassador Cara Jade, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    *User tested, Sinrebirth approved!*

This thread will begin with Episode I and carry through to Episode VI. When the thread ticks over to the next film, please let a forum moderator know and we will edit the thread title accordingly. Once the thread has gone through all six films in order, it will be locked and a new thread can be started with the approval of the forum mods. For reference, here are the complete LBL thread guidelines:

The expectations for posting in the LBL are as follows:

Any user may post in the LBL thread, however using socks to reply to a line and continue the thread is not acceptable and will result in either a temporary or permanent ban from posting in the LBL thread.

Post, in full and correctly, the line immediately after the previous line. Please do not skip lines or combine lines. If a line is skipped, simply move on to the next line.

If you and someone else post the same line at the same time, then the appropriate person should edit their post to be correct, but if the edit is not completed, the next line should be posted in order.

No micromanagement of the LBL thread. Activities which detract from the fun, including the correcting of another's post, veiled insults; etc., are no-no's. Continued corrections posted will result in the user receiving disciplinary action.

Leave the moderating to the moderators. If someone breaks one of the LBL guidelines, please do not post the rule they broke in the thread, leave that to a moderator. If you have concerns about this, contact a SWC moderator via PM.

Posting in the LBL thread is supposed to be an exercise in fun, not simple regurgitation. Therefore, allowances will be made for users that post a line that is not exactly the same as what is in the film version. In those cases where a line is posted that is a slight variation of the line, corrections of the post should not be made, simply continue with the next line. Also, changed dialogue is not mandatory (e.g. "Bring my shuttle" is acceptable. The user does not have to post "Alert my star destroyer to prepare for my arrival."

Acting inappropriately (TOS violations, as well as rudeness towards other posters) will result in disciplinary action including bans and being barred from posting in the LBL thread in the future.

Spamming the LBL thread to increase one's post count will result disciplinary action. This goes for newbie and oldbie alike.

Ladies and gentlemen, the bottom line here is that Line by Line threads are made to be fun and entertaining ... not an exercise in the absolute recitation of the movies. Errors may be made and we will allow for deviations in the lines. These threads are supposed to be community building and enjoyable to all. Please remember that and have fun.

And let's get started with the line-by-lining ...

Addendum

Due to the fact that not all of us have the memory of a protocol droid, many of you will consult online scripts when posting in the LBL thread. This is perfectly okay. Please try to avoid posting lines that don?t appear in the movies, but if it can?t be helped, it can?t be helped. If there?s ever an instance where someone has posted a line that does not appear in the films, don?t make a big deal out of it. Just ignore it and move forward. If you have a really, really, really huge problem with it, PM a mod and feel free to tell him or her all about it. But don?t say anything about it in the thread. This will be considered micromanaging and will not be tolerated under any and all circumstances. Remember, and hold in your soul at every moment of your life (okay, maybe not every moment, but most moments), this is a game thread, not a contest. We're not handing out colors to whoever can remember the most lines. We might hand out other, less pleasant things to those who break the rules, though!

Qui-Gon Jinn: Captain?

2. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Captain: Yes Sir?

3. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Qui-Gon: Tell them we wish to board at once.

4. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    Captain: With all do respect, the Ambassadors for the Supreme Chancellor wish to board immediately.

5. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Nute Gunray: Yes, of course. As you know, our blockade is perfectly legal, and we'd be happy to receive the ambassadors.

6. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    TC-14: TC-14 at your service. This way please. My Master will be with you shortly.

7. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: I have a bad feeling about this.

8. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    Qui-Gon: I don't sense anything.

9. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Obi-Wan: It's not about the mission, master, it's something...elsewhere. Elusive.

10. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    Qui-Gon: Don't center on your anxiety. Keep your concentration here and now where it belongs.

11. ThePriminister05

ThePriminister05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    Obi-Wan: But Master Yoda said I should be mindful of the future...

12. QuiGonJade

QuiGonJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2002
    Qui-Gon: But not at the expense of the moment. Be mindful of the living Force, young Padawan.

13. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Obi-Wan: Yes, Master. How do you think the Viceroy will deal with the Chancellor's demands?

14. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Qui-Gon Jinn: These Federation types are cowards. The negotiations will be short.

15. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Nute Gunray: What?! What did you say?

16. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    TC-14: The ambassadors are Jedi Knights, I believe.

17. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Daultray Dofine: I knew it! They're here to force a settlement!

18. Scapinelli

Scapinelli Jedi Master

May 26, 2005
    Nute Gunray: Distract them, I will contact Lord Sidious.

19. Littledawg

Littledawg Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2008
    Daultray Dofine: Are you brain dead!? I'm not going in there with two Jedi. Send the droid.

20. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: Is it in their nature to make us wait this long?

21. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Qui-Gon: No, I sense an unusual amount of fear over something as trivial as this trade dispute.

22. X-Factor

X-Factor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2009
    Darth Sidious: What is it?

23. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    (Wesa back!)

Dofine: This scheme of yours has failed Lord Sidious. The blockade is finished! We dare not go against these Jedi.

24. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Hi Katana!

Sidious: Viceroy, I don't want this stunted slime in my sight again. This turns of events is unfortunate. We must accelerate our plans, Viceroy. Begin landing your troops.

25. X-Factor

X-Factor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2009
    :oops:
    EDIT: Nute Gunray: My lord, is that legal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.