main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Saga Weekend

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LordINVAR, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    I have received word that the turn out for the Saga Weekend has already exceeded our original expectations.

We are told that we have nearly a dozen on a "waiting list". I am not sure how those on the list would get seats, but the original limited seating arrangement is already at capacity.

A reminder that for those on the Planning Committee, we have one final and VERY IMPORTANT meeting on Wednesday January 25th at 6:30 PM at Ryans. If you volunteered or offered to assist and help in any way during our last several meetings, PLEASE do your best to schedule and be there for that meeting.

We will be dotting all i's and t's that evening to ensure the Saga Weekend goes smoothly and is a huge success for the Fanforce and our chosen charity: Martha's Vineyard. We will need to make sure that we get a list of all prizes and give aways you will bring for the raffles noted so we can set-up and organize the drawings. We need confirmation of all concessions and materials anyone has volunteered for the weekend so that if we are missing anything, or run into a snag, someone can cover the need.

We will also discuss and decide on where as a Fanforce we would like to take Arnie and Marjorie for chow on Friday evening.

Since it appears attendance is not going to be a problem in any way, I would like to say that we can still make this weekend even bigger still. A good focus for our very first and VERY public outing - is pointing folks towards donations and awareness of Martha's Vineyard. Even though our moniker is the Paducah Imperials, we should strive to be a Force for good in the community - so that any future events we may plan, will be looked upon with favor from the local community.

While we may have reached capacity for seating, we can all still ask freinds, family and neighbors to stop by the Library sometime during that weekend to sign up for the Fanforce and drop off a canned good or a monetary donation for Martha's Vineyard. While we all are looking forward to geeking it up, sharing the weekend with other fans, reminding others how they can be of help for our cause is a great way to shine the light of the force on our group.

2. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    I suggest we pick a local place not a chain for the dinner. I mean you can go to a "Friday's" or an "Applebee's" anywhere. How about taking them to one of our good local joints. I don't really know what thier tastes are but I'm sure we could find someplace nice to have dinner and talk. What do you guys think?

3. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    I agree. Outside of Sikeston MO, I think Paducah can lay claim to being the food franchise capital of the region.

Outside of Patti's - what is a real good Paducah establishment open late, that isn't over-the-top in price that all of us can enjoy ourselves at?

Whaler's Catch?

CC Cohens?

Max's?

The Pasta House?

I've never been to any of those, and while I hear they are good, I am told they are pricey.

4. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Pricey they are. I agree we should not take them to somewhere they can go anytime to. We also don't want to put us all in the poor house just to get a bite to eat. So my suggestion is more in Arnie & Marjorie's interest, we have all been there a million times but how about Nicks. It gives a little taste of Paducah and fun without breaking our wallets. Now I still have not heard back from them on this issue yet so this maybe all for nothing. I am sorry my presence has not been seen on the forums lately. My sickness turned out to be strep throat and because I didn't know that and it went untreated in turned into strep stomach and it put me in the hospital over the weekend. I didn't even know you could get strep stomach! Anyway, I am back, at school, and on the ball. So I will be tying up several loose ends we have laying around, a main one being headcount. talk soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.