main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Sands of Arrakis: The Works of Frank Herbert

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by JediTrilobite, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Maybe eventually. I'm a bit more hesitant about those because those are closer to the ones I didn't like and the ones where I couldn't get interested in any of the characters and had to force myself to get through them to finish. So far, all the BH&KJA ones I've read have been chronologically near or before the beginning of the series, with the interesting characters.

2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I refuse to believe that was actually what was intended for the ending of the series. I mean, really? Really? Really.

3. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Ofcourse not. Too bad we will never know for certain. Im curious to know how much of it was based on his final notes and outline? We know that he made several mentions in the six he wrote about thinking machines and the Buterlain Jihad. Im sure he was going to use Scytales tube himself which I would have loved to seen played out in his own words.

4. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I have started Winds of Dune now, but I think this will be the last Dune book I read for a while.

Good so far, though :)

5. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    That one deals with Jessica right?

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've got that in my reading pile but haven't gotten around to it. Let us know how it was when you finish..

7. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Part 1 is Jessica (and Alia, but mostly Jessica) after Paul's death. Part 2 is a lengthy flashback to when Paul was 12. That's as far as I've gotten so far (about 40% or so). So far it's quite good. I've been pleasantly surprised by the BH/KJA additions.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll see if I'm in the mood for a long book in a bit. I'm really tired today - one of the three heating elements in my bedroom storage heater self-destructed at 5am complete with light and sound effects so I've been up since then. (Think of an electric oven heating element and you have an idea of what this looks like.) Since I didn't fall asleep til 2am I'm beat. And I have bits of storage heater all over the bedroom now so I can verify what part I need so I can order it. (I've been there and done this before. One element blew in 1995. It's not pretty. However the heater needs to cool down before I can take the rest apart.) So that's tomorrow's project. I might just do some light reading tonight.

9. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Just noticed that RJ that you said Alia was in Winds after Pauls death. Im curious to know if she is sane in it? Is grand daddy Harkonen emerging at all?

What 9 yrs pass from Messiah to Children and at the beginning of that she is Abomination.

10. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    I wish i could remember to tell you. Just want to say that I have first editions in paperback and hard cover. My husband just found me a chiltons version. It is awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.