main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Sat June 18th Tampines Library

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Yup, it was him alright! It was that tall guy that Crovus wanted to play Chewbacca :p He was showing off when we went over to the Trekkies' table. Grrr...

2. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Ask not the question "why?"

Instead, ask "how?"... as in "how can I get to meet Mark Hamill too?"

It's always possible... and it's way more constructive than envying others and asking "why them instead of me?"

Just my 2 cents...

3. danchia

danchia Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2005
    Hi everyone !

danchia from www.starwars.sg here. You guys and gals did a great job on Saturday at Tampines Library ! Well done !

The report and photos are now online at www.starwars.sg , so I hope you check it out. Hope you enjoy the photos we took of you . Fatimah didn't send me the list of your names, so I hope I got everyone's name correct . Let me know if there is any mistake , and do let me know how you like the report !

Talk to y'all soon !

danchia

4. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Oh gosh! Boyband? *raise one single eyebrow*

Maayla> heh thanks, running out of idea what to do with it. Most probably going to cut it off soon. =p

Medi_Mealer (LOL! Sorry)>> Don't worry the pics looks fine to me. =) Thanks for taking them and sharing them with us. Now we can always relive that day. =) And rememeber SOME of those kids. Grrrr. =p!!

hahahah everyone thinks I'm playing Annie, sorry Yazid. I'm afraid I did a poor job in your stead playing Annie. =( Hmmm maybe that should be my next costume. =p!!

5. CoOLv1rus

CoOLv1rus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    JediHealer: No, I enjoyed your pics actually!

Aaayla: OF corse Excited!!! Met so many new peeps.....

ANd I loved the Chewbacca part... "NNNNNNAAAGGHHHH"

6. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    STAR ***K fan meeting mark hamill!! thats BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

7. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    yazid relax. they're not just star trek fans. they're sci-fi fans in general. they noe as much about sw as we do. but they prefer star trek as its more realistic. at least thats wat i gathered from them when i conversed with them. so i think the sw vs st hostilities are kinda overrated. at least thats wat i feel now. suddenly i have no qualms against them trekkies anymore. its like. even tho crovus was rather, uh, hostile to them most of the time, they took it all in gd. (of coz if they had started on crovus and david, i'd kill them) but they didnt. which means.. they're an ok bunch. haha

and all this coming out from me, i think it says a lot, haha

8. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Faiz has said most of what I wanted to say... but yeah, they were a really nice bunch of people... so can we just stop all of this Trekkie hostility? They were more than decent to us, can we be the same towards them? Are we Star Wars fans really that low down that we are unable to see past our own noses? Really people! [face_not_talking]

9. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    actually they were ok. I think They even know more and read more abt star wars!

10. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah I felt they looked friendly enough, though I didn't managed to chat with them. Let's not tarnish the image of our group just because we find Star Wars more interesting than Star Trek. Honestly I haven't even watched enough of Star Trek to know what is it about.

:)

11. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    for god's sake, they even made origami models of an x-wing and gave it to us!

12. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    yeah....wanted to give them the death star model i made for them out of paper..
    *shows a crushed ball of paper*

13. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
  14. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    How do you even make an X-Wing using Origami? :confused:

15. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    oh..u didnt see!? they made us 2 x wings, one TIE interceptor...but was given to some kids when we packed up..

here..
    [image=http://www.voidesigns.com/galleria/SWtampines/Treaty.JPG]

16. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Oh..maybe I had already left by then. :)

17. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I have a link of site that shows how to make SW Vehicles Origami or the ready product somewhere in my website or in my Notebook. Will see if I can dig it out. ;)

18. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Hahahah let me put in my 2 cents worth. Since I seemed to be the one conversing with them alot, both downstairs and upstairs (on kopi break).

Honestly, I don't think there was hositility from either party. In fact, they sortof expected it when I first walked over to check out their table. One of them even went "oh no! don't kill me with your lightsaber!" to which I replied "Live long and prosper" (so sue me!)

And any hositility from then on was done in more of a fun/ joking manner, at least on my part. I even had long conversation and exchange of emails/ phone no.s upstairs during me break.

I think no one who was there did anything out of line, it's more the guys who weren't there. And take me from me, they are OK. It was a nice friendly exhange. And yes, they know about Star Wars too. Nothing of the "oh we from different camps so we must war type" Hell they even holding a B5/ Earth Final Conflict chalet the next day and even invited me to it.

One final note, it's fine if we do the rivarly thing on a joking context, both parties of fans know the hostility exist, ELSEWHERE. I even think it's fun to make fun of it(the rivalry thing) something. Sortof breakd the ice. But only if both parties are open to it. It's when there's a lack of respect for either group that cause problems. As long as there's respect, everything's a-o-k. Hell, as far as I recall, everyone, including the Trekkies were laughing when I did the phaser/ handphone thingy.

19. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Yep Trekkies were actually pretty nice people...at first I think we pretty much stayed at our own corners (I know I did) but I guess as the afternoon wore on it bacame hard not to mingle (although I think I still pretty stayed at our corner). But all went actually much better than I'd anticipated, so yeah...it was cool. ;) Although I think someone (think it was Aanakin) pointed out that Trekkies were mainly old people! Wahaha... [face_laugh]

Mrovus :p, wait weren't you Luke?! Hahaha hmm who has that photo (Corvus & Luke) ar? I don't...

LOL are we really forming the Backstreet Jedi? XD Can I be keyboardist?! Lol jk.. :p

20. Maayla_Mecura

Maayla_Mecura Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    lol...u mean u all realli take it seriously meh? hahas cud call the band, black eyed jedis(dooku's business) or jaroon 5(songs abt jabba)

lol....jj :p

21. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Mealer =p, yeah it was a Luke inspired costume. But everyone there (kids and adults) all thought I was Anakin, even Dan from starwars.sg. =p Unavoidable I guess, most pple would associate a Jedi in black to Anakin due to the movie being out and all.

Hahahah ya! Who has that pic!? I want! hehehe

But I am thinking of Anakin for me next costume, =p don't worry Yazid you're still the best Anakin. I don't know, i hardly venture outside of black for my outfits, so I guess I love Jedis in black (hmmm JIB, Jedis In Black for boyband name? =p!!). First Luke, now Anakin. I've been playing with the idea of a PT Jedi costume for a while now, but it has to be black if I do it, don't know of another JIB 'cept Annie.

*gosh! I just realised the no. of typos I got in my pervious post, what was I thinking. Oh well, 14hrs of work and school can do weird things to you I guess. =p

22. Jedi_Healer

Apr 23, 2005
    Hahaha... hey Barriss wears total black too! 'cept her brown belt.. =) Lol Jedi in Black would feature all the black costumed Jedi... Heh

23. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    Eh..ur fav is BArriss ah~~ hmm..should have known la seeing ur eyes glimmer when we talk abt her..haha..

U got her outfit done??

24. Jedi_Healer

Apr 23, 2005
    Oh my..did I really? :eek: I don't even remember anyone talking bout Barriss..oh maybe yar.. hmm [face_thinking] Anyway, I did dress up as Barriss on the May 18 Premiere...but it was made up of put together stuff, most of which were borrowed from others... =P

25. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Does everyone get back their items? Anything extra? ;)

Errr....whose SW Insider am I holding on to and how many copies am I suppose to return back? [face_thinking]

Sorrie Dan, I came home very, very late on Sat (or should I say Sun? :p ) and my bro hogged the PC for 2 days straight :rolleyes: so can't PM you in time.

Needtofixmynotebook......Needtofixmynotebook......Needtofixmynotebook......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.