main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC Saturday May 3rd, FREE COMIC BOOK DAY in Charlotte

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RipRoar, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    What: COMIC BOOK FREE GIVEAWAY
    When: Saturday May 3rd doors open at 10 am (Free signing by artists 1pm to 5pm)
    Where: Heroes Aren't Hard to find comic book store in Charlotte (Actually most comic book stores across the region are doing it)
    Why: Marketing and fun to get new readers / collectors (WE LOVE TO GO TO THIS EVERY YEAR)
    How: Show up and get free stuff and great deals
    Who: Open to all

ANYONE WANT TO GO ALONG? The boys and I are going to go on saturday to Heroes in Charlotte for the best selection of comics and all those freebies as well as the artists no other shop can get. We will then probably go out to lunch and then onto Dodge's comic shop to look for Halo Mini's for Ethan (He want's to spend his b-day money so bad).

Here is a copy of the details from Heros website:

List of special guests for this year's Free Comic Book Day, and I'm here to back that up. In case you can't see the sweet flyer I just finished above, the list of special guests signing autographs and doing FREE sketches from 1-5pm on Saturday, May 3rd will include:

SHAWN CRYSTAL (BloodRed)
    IAN FLYNN (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    SANFORD GREENE (Method Man GN)
    CULLY HAMNER (Blue Beetle)
    CHRIS SCHWEIZER (Crogan's Vengeance)
    TONY SHASTEEN (O.C.T.)
    BRIAN STELFREEZE (The Ride: Die Valkyrie)
    ETHAN VAN SCIVER (Justice League of America)
    DOUG WAGNER (The Ride)
    and MATT BRADY of Newsarama.com!

What?! Am I kidding you? No, friends--I am not kidding. This is going to be huge. And Todd informs me that we have over TWELVE THOUSAND comics to give away, although we're going to try and limit it, as in past years, to one of everything per person--depending of course, on whether you're old enough for some books. We like to give these books away throughout the year, too--it's just how we roll, dawg. See you next Saturday: doors open at 10am, and the signing/sketching goes from 1-5pm.

EDIT: Belying the fab flyer art, Mark Brooks actually won't be able to make it to the celebration due to a scheduling conflict--so you'll have to save your Brooks-ian enthusiasm for HeroesCon! But there'll still be stars a-plenty!

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO GO WITH OR MEET UP!

2. IamaSith

IamaSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2007
    WHAT A GREAT EVENT! THANK YOU HEROES and all the comic stores that participate in this marketing event! Heros comic store in Charlotte has the best regional response to FREE COMIC BOOK DAY from Winston Salem to Charlotte!!!! The lines were huge at times, but the deals were worth it and not to mention all the artists signing for FREE. I had a blast riding along w/ Rip and the kids - look forward to HerosCon next month [Best Con around for artists, comics, gaming, costuming, collectibles and so much more w/ truly a national representation of dealers etc.].

I did hear about the good time at Rebel Base comics in Charlotte too - so for those of you out there that couldn't make it to Heroes - hopefully you made it over to Rebel base (The 501st was supposed to be there so a good time by all was probably had too and all the star wars collectibles in one place - oh me oh my).

Other participants from our area that you should keep in mind next year if you are not in Charlotte is:

1. BALLISTIC COMICS (Concord, NC)
    2. SALEFISH (Near Hanes Mall / Toys R US)
    3. Monstore (Salisbury)
    4. A Penny Worths (Matthews)
    5. Empire Comics (Winston Salem Area)

Each one does the FREE COMIC giveaway with some adding on other specials or events. GREAT EVENT FOR KIDS and adults alike to meet up and socialize...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.