main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor The Bad Batch Saw Gerrera (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    This is the year and time he abodons Jyn Erso, and he starts to become more paranoid. We might see Saw abondon her or he has just left her and we see him missing his daughter.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    A very pleasant surprise to see him in the trailer.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, I think the likelihood of seeing Jyn abandoned is… high. Very high.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The Andor poster makes it seems like Saw Guerra might be a major character in this show. Since season 1 is only the one year we could see how this one year changes Saw Guerra to what we see and hear of him later on.

5. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    I'm glad they got Forest Whitaker to reprise his role. I'm looking forward to see how they can further flesh out his character. Maybe they could a way to tie that into his Clone Wars arc on Onderon.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I know it's probably pointless to even suggest it, but I wonder if there's any possibility that we may get more of Saw's backstory in this series (that wasn't featured in R1). Of course the one thing that I've been hoping for really was at least a name-drop of Ahsoka, or even his sister Steela. Maybe even find out what Lux's whereabouts are.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    At most we could see him mentioned his sister and that he once helped free his homeworld from Sepratist. Maybe mentioned Lux as an ally of Saw.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  8. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    The Clone Wars sets up Saw as leader of the very first Rebel group working against the Empire. Saw was leading insurgents against the Separatists when the Empire takes over. His group switched to resistance against the new oppressors. Saws working against the Empire from day 1.

He’s got a lot more time in the game than the rest of the rebels leaders to turn him towards more and more extreme methods.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I just wonder if there are any plans to include Lux at some point in one of these LA shows. Obviously the Ahsoka series would make sense; although considering the time setting and that there hasn't even been a rumor of his character being involved would sort of contradict it.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    For now i think we Will only see him in animation. Like Bad Batch. The book he was in said he was involved early on with Saw Guerra, but they parted ways after sometime. And Lux lived his life as an Imperial senator. And he became a rebel again soon after Saw's death. I dont think we see him in Andor or any live action show now. I wonder what Filoni has plans for him.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    He does appear in a non-Filoni sanctioned (at least that I know of) novel, Battlefront 2: Inferno Squad.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yes that was the book i mentioned on Lux and Saw's relationship. But outside of that one, nothing.

13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    One tends to lose one's mind...when seeing Saw Gerrera again!

14. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Kinda wish they went with bald Saw.

Django Fett and Bor Mullet like this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Its intresting how he borh changes from hair to bald and hair every appearances from Clone Wars to Rogue One, not to mention different eye colors.

16. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    It's really interesting that they kept his presence in the show secret all the way until now, but then revealed it in a trailer.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    There were some rumors he be in this, Stellan Skarsgard i think even confirmed it from interviews.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Lets see how Saw Guerra chamges in the 5 years between Bad Batch season 1 and Fallen Order. Show me between Bad Batch and Fallen Order! I need to know how he got Forrest Whitaker Eye

19. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Its possible, Jyn was 16 when she was abandoned, which would place those events roughly five years before Rogue One.
    That said she was clearly abandoned before Cassian met Saw for the first time, because they don’t know each other at the start of the film. Maybe she’ll just be alluded to.

Django Fett likes this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This show is set five years back aswell and as this is going to be a Rogue One prequel. We might see young Jyn Erso in this season with Saw Guerra. Like Filoni does we might see Tony Gilroy retcon the Book where Saw leaves Jyn. And we see what it does to him having left her and he becomes more paranoid and more extreme. We will see how Saw's working with the early Rebellion and why they in end they cut ties. His extremist ways and him being portayed as we saw in Rogue One.

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don’t think you need to have Cassian and Jyn meet. This show is clearly more than just Cassian as it’s also following Mon Mothma building the Rebellion. And I don’t even think Jyn will have that important of a role. But seeing as this is a prequel to Rogue One I could definitely see them wanting to acknowledge Jyn and show that pivotal piece of her backstory.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think we will see some shots and scenes with Jyn Erso. Her with Saw Guerra and her alone in the two seasons. We might see how she got imprisoned in Rogue One. With Actress from Rogue One actress return for few last episodes.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Seeing Jyn in this show would be the equivalent for me of seeing Cad Bane in TBOBF for others.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  24. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    So you are going to complain about the shape of her face being wrong and the brim of her hat being too small?

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    No, I only meant being excited about seeing the character once again.