main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Saw someone from WP...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Sabia_Ronit, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabia_Ronit

Sabia_Ronit Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    The other day at the mall I stopped at the table for the Women's Place holiday raffle and was quite shocked that one of the volunteers recognized me as being from YJN. My problem with this meeting was that I quickly felt horribly guilty when it was brought to my attention that (as far as she knew) they had not heard from the group in regards to volunteering as they "commonly do at this time of year." I know that the woman's objective was not to convict me, but to more express concern about our uninvolvement.
    I'm just wondering if there is anything we can do about it?
    Is anyone interested in assisting me with organizing some form of fundraiser? I mean, even if it is very small, we'd still be helping. I know this is something we would commonly discuss at a monthly meeting...but I think it's been a few months since our last one and I don't think Christmas was on anyone's mind at that time...

Some may say I'm just getting caught up in the Christmas season,...but what's wrong with that? Our banner says that we support Women's Place, and I personally believe that we need to do so year round, not just in September.

I think that we should possibly discuss when we should have our next meeting (besides the Christmas party) so important issues like this do not get overlooked. If I am being too assertive I apologize. My point is not to offend anyone, but to have people invloved in the group again.

2. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Assertive, by no means. We should always think of WP especially this time of year.

If possible are you guys doing another Xmas parade.

3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Got this message from Dave today:

Greetings! I hope you are doing well.

I know that it is a very busy time for most people preparing for the holidays.

But, that is why we need your help selling tickets at the Playcentre Raffle at the Pen Centre.

Your will recall that the Niagara Home Builders' Association have donated a playcentre to Women's Place for raffle -- and the Pen Centre has generously welcomed it during their busiest season. The beautiful, professionally crafted Kids Express Playcentre -- a train engine and water tower complete with swings, a slide, a sandbox, and water sprinkler -- is near Zellers and Grand & Toy. Tickets are $2 each or 4 for $5 or 20 for $20 and all the proceeds support the Children's program at Women's Place.

I appreciate all those who have volunteered their time thus far to help sell tickets, but now volunteer shifts are opening up.

There are a variety of shifts still available beginning the week of December 12th and until December 30th.

If you can help or know of someone else can help, please contact Michelle Begin-Lillo at 905-704-1997 or email her at michelle@womensplacestcatharines.ca as soon as possible. She will contact you and schedule you for a time that works with your schedule. (Volunteering at the Playcentre is a great way for students to gain Community Hours required to graduate.)

Thanks so much for your support and for considering helping to sell the Playcentre tickets.

Yours,

Dave

rebuilding lives, restoring hope
    (905) 704-0470
    Fax (905) 704-1972
    dave@womensplacestcatharines.ca
    www.womensplacestcatharines.ca

4. Sabia_Ronit

Sabia_Ronit Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    Thanks for posting that John, that's exactly what I was referring to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.