main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Say hello to our new Head Admin: A Chorus of Disapproval

Discussion in 'Communications' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Jul 28, 2022.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Thank you very much. And sadly no. They have taken what joy I had, not given me any.

2. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yay, Mike. You are one of my very favorites.

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I could use that......
    You don't know me ................if I could without losing my job........
    Is this JC Sucking up? :eek: :p

Congrats mate, late to this party but that's normal for me.........and it looks like I missed it anyway! :p

devilinthedetails likes this.
  4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    lol, no, I've adored Myke since before he got "permabanned," back in the day.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I adore you, too.
    Thank you all for not turning my adoration thread into a range war.

devilinthedetails likes this.
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Is it too late for that, or...?

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    And to think I almost missed this congrats

don’t dox us all :p

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yeah, just dox him.

Excuse me while I google "dox."

OK, good to know it was nothing obscene. [face_relieved]

9. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    There needs to be a rule that anyone under the age of 40 is not allowed to use any term not found in the 1990 Webster's dictionary.

10. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Congratulations, borderline midbie! ;):cool:

Hello again, Sarge. You seem to be one of the most active oldbies that are still around these days. Good to see you.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
  11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I am Lord of Quitbies. Being a magnanimous sort, I require no one to kneel in my presence.

12. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    That's good. I don't enjoy kneeling to anyone! You know I have about 5 weeks on you, right? And, yeah, I was a quitbie for a couple of years, but I always come back!

Sarge likes this.
  13. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    devilinthedetails and Sarge like this.
  14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    devilinthedetails and Sarge like this.
  15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    And now a secret we've all been keeping - please welcome our new Head Admin - @A Chorus of Disapproval . May he reign as long and as wisely as his predecessor!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I speak to you today with feelings of profound sorrow.

Throughout his life, His Majesty the Head Admin — my beloved JoinTheSchwarz — was an inspiration and example to me and to all my family, and we owe him the most heartfelt debt any family can owe to their mother; for his love, affection, guidance, understanding and example.

JoinTheSchwarz’s was a life well lived; a promise with destiny kept and he is mourned most deeply in his passing on of the Head Admin position. That promise of lifelong service I renew to you all today. Alongside the personal grief that all my family are feeling, we also share with so many of you on the Jedi Council Forums, in all the forums where the Head Admin was head of state, in the Unban Request Forum and across the world, a deep sense of gratitude for the what felt like seventy years in which JoinTheSchwarz, as Head Admin, served the people of so many forums.

He made sacrifices for duty. His dedication and devotion as Sovereign never wavered, through times of change and progress, through times of joy and celebration, and through times of sadness and loss. In his life of service we saw that abiding love of tradition, together with that fearless embrace of progress, which make us great as Forums. The affection, admiration and respect he inspired became the hallmark of his reign. And, as every member of my family can testify, he combined these qualities with warmth, humor and an unerring ability always to see the best in people.

I pay tribute to JoinTheSchwarz’s memory and I honor his life of service. I know that his retirement brings great sadness to so many of you, and I share that sense of loss, beyond measure, with you all.

When Dave came to the throne, the Jedi Council Forums and the world were still coping with the privations and aftermath of Ramza, and still living by the conventions of earlier times. In the course of the last what feels like seventy years we have seen our community become one of many cultures and many faiths. The institutions of the State have changed in turn. But, through all changes and challenges, our Forums and the wider family of Realms — of whose talents, traditions and achievements I am so inexpressibly proud — have prospered and flourished. Our values have remained, and must remain, constant.

The role and the duties of Admin also remain, as does the Head Admin’s particular relationship and responsibility toward the Terms of Service — the TOS in which my own faith is so deeply rooted. In that faith, and the values it inspires, I have been brought up to cherish a sense of duty to others, and to hold in the greatest respect the precious traditions, freedoms and responsibilities of our unique history and our system of moderating.

As JoinTheSchwarz himself did with such unswerving devotion, I too now solemnly pledge myself, throughout the remaining time Philip Wise grants me, to uphold the Terms of Service at the heart of our Forums. And wherever you may post on the Jedi Council Forums, or in the Realms and territories across the world, and whatever may be your background or beliefs, I shall endeavor to serve you with loyalty, respect and love, as I have throughout my life.

My life will, of course, change as I take up my new responsibilities. It will no longer be possible for me to give so much of my time and energies to the memes and circular debates about practical effects vs CGI for which I care so deeply. But I know this important work will go on in the trusted hands of others.

On behalf of all my family, I can only offer the most sincere and heartfelt thanks for your condolences and support. They mean more to me than I can ever possibly express.

And to my darling David, as you begin your last great journey, I want simply to say this: Thank you. Thank you for your love and devotion to our forums and to the family of nerds you have served so diligently all these years.

May “flights of Angels sing thee to thy rest.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Yes, I nicked this speech from some bloke I saw on television with bloated hands and dressed like the Nutcracker.

- Yes, I used to be banned. Let this serve to show that there is always room for second chances on here... so long as there is actual evidence of changed behavior.

- I have several plans for the forums, but most are geared toward the moderating staff side of things and we'll go public as we approach various things.

- Thanks to Dave (and Ramza before him) the forums are in a really good place, so the goal is not to reinvent anything but to maintain the great community we have going.

- On the off chance the forums go down, I can be reached on that horrid platform known as Twitter.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    honestly I read that as resign lol

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    That's tomorrow.

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Better not be. I've done enough updating on the Staff Page for one week.

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Dave's not here, man.

21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    tl;dr

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Your loss. I'm friggin hilarious.

23. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I know you're hilarious. I don't need a novel to tell me that.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Your plagiarism is very impressive.

25. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    The UK has named monday as an official holiday to commemorate this event. The King is dead. Long live the King.