main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nehru’s Kessel Run 2022 Challenge Journal

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Nehru_Amidala, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Saying Goodbye

Written by: Nehru_Amidala

2022 Kessel Run Week One Chllenge

Genre: Narnia/Star Wars

Spoilers for my story “From Whence We Came”

=

Saying goodbye was never easy, but she couldn’t put it off any longer. Today was the last day Jaina Antilles-Tumnus was leaving Narnia for England. Six months ago, her prophetic dreams showed her the Antilles estate ablaze, Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren searching hither and yon for Dad. Inside the bedroom, her four hobbit children, Arthur, Cerridwen, Nathaniel, and Elizabeth were sleeping. Kissing their brows one last time, she whispered, “Don’t forget that I love you.” Smoothing their sheets, she quietly closed the door and walked downstairs.

Her husband, Faun Tumnus, was waiting for her. Jaina smiled sadly at him, hard to believe they were parting after fifteen years of marriage. Painful and bittersweet as it was, her time in Narnia was over. Her father was in danger, she needed to return to England. Her diary and quill from Father Christmas, along with her engagement and wedding bands were all she was taking with her. Tumnus kissed her softly, “Are you ready?” Jaina said she was. Later in the day, Lucy and Edmund would come for the children to see them safely off to Archenland.

Opening the door to their cave they called home for the last time, Aslan bowed to the couple. Wiping away her tears, Tumnus and Jaina shared one last kiss. Jaina climbed onto the Lion’s back, and they were away as swift as the breeze.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    a great weaving of fandoms
    and a sad goodbye for Jaina, leaving alone.

AzureAngel2 and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    Leaving Narnia, a pain we probably all know from our childhood one way or another.

4. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Stuff and Nonsense

Kessel Run Week 2 Entry
    =
    “Anakin…Anakin? What are you doing? We have a battle to win, not spare into space and using the Force to break the fourth wall?”

“Huh? Oh sorry, Obi-Wan. I was distracted.”

“Distractions, distractions, distractions! That’s what you always say. If you’re not trying to get Rex and Ahsoka together, it’s making goo goo eyes at Senator Amidala, or you’re trying to impress General Yularen or Senator Organa with one of your war stories! Honestly, if it isn’t one thing it’s another, and frankly, I am getting tired of it, and we’ve been at war against the Separatists for almost a year know. I am beginning to think you aren’t ready to have a padawan of your own. Master Windu and Master Yoda are correct on that matter, you are far to reckless and impulsive.”

Reckless? Impulsive? Look here, Mister High and Mighty- how many scrapes did you get into as Qui-Gon’s padawan? Let me see, there was the Melidia-Dann incident, your romances with both Siri Tachi and Duchess Satine, you left the order more than once, you flirted with the Dark Side when dealing with Garanta Omega, and Korkie Kryze is your biological son, to boot! So, your argument falls flat Master. You are much a hypocrite as I am.”

“I am not!”

“Yes, you are!

“Am not!”

“Are too, and too anal retentive to admit it!”

“That went too far!”

“Oh, boo hoo! I’m Obi-Wan Kenobi and I am such a perfectionist!”

“Shut up, Anakin!”

“Make me!”

“I will when we get back to Coruscant- we have to focus here!”

“On what? Your fully combed mustache and beard?”

“Oh? And I suppose your washboard abs and devil may care attitude is bringing all the CIS ladies to our camps.”

“Who do you think you are, John Lennon?”

“Maybe I am, maybe I’m not. At least I’m not played by some whiny Earth actor…”

“Easy for you to say! Your Earth actor’s uncle played Wedge Antilles in the Original Trilogy and is getting on TV show. I want my own TV show.”

“I don’t see Ewan chomping to be on Doctor Who or Top Gear.”

“Well, I don’t see Hayden trying out for Law and Order or NCIS either.”

“I refuse to concede this argument.”

“Well, considering the author of this very story is a thirty something preschool teacher, who’s not only on the autism spectrum, but also had this idea very late in the game, I would say I have the high ground. Checkmate!”

“Shut up, Obi-Wan.”

5. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Hilarious exchange, and the punch-line is golden. Lovely! [face_laugh]

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    hilarious about who is playing on the different series on Earth and the comments on the author of this

7. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Week 3 Drabble Challenge words: Arcane, Beacon, Burden, Discovery, Sister

Alphabet Soup Five Word Drabble Challenge

SPOILERS for "Fate, So Beautifully"
    -Arcane-
    Arcane knowledge, the study of everything unknown, had always fascinated Rhiannon. Maybe it’s the mythology and history behind the pieces in Dad’s art gallery, maybe it’s because the Force allows her to communicate with the dead. Either way, it’s not everyday you discover a wormhole in Aunt Al’iastov’s backyard. All too eager to explore, and once she’s through- it’s goodbye Csilla and hello Thra! Rhiannon finds herself on a high hill, grey-green grassy vines up to her ankles. Nearing the summit, a cough and she is greeted by the three eyed seer, Aughra. “Are you coming in?

“Oh, igen yo!”
    =
    -Beacon-
    The beacon relaying the signal from Atollon was considered old, pre-Clone Wars. When the blurry code reached Coruscant, the first thought it was a signal from Jaina- finally! Overjoyed but hesitant, Luke borrowed Artoo and took the Jade Sabre. Soon after he landed, the both worried Jedi and droid began to search the scattered remains of Chopper Base. Artoo located a burial mound two miles away, the beacon atop. When they got there, Luke found several volumes attributed to Jocasta Nu, along with a note. “Please know I am safe. She died of cancer. – Jaina”. Jaina was alive? But how?
    =
    -Burden-
    Burdens have a strange way of affecting how we view other people and organizations, especially for Leia Organa-Solo. Twenty seven after the destruction of Alderaan, her hatred for Vader and Thrawn still ate away at her psyche. Recently, that burden had become greater. Her daughter, Jaina, had returned from the depths of the Unknown Regions, happily married to Thrawn and a baby in her belly. Leia could not fathom why her daughter had found a soulmate in the arms of the enemy, and had thrown the girl out the window, forcing an early labor. Attempted murder was a small burden.
    =
    -Discovery-
    The discovery Leia had thrown her own daughter out a window and forced early labor spread like wildfire throughout the Imperial Palace. Thrawn had gone after his wife, and whisked her away to the Chimaera, praying his heart did not shatter into a million pieces. Han and Chewie came running into the apartment, was it true? Han cried in anguish, “Leia! What…what did you do? I didn’t even get a chance to hug my little girl!” “Our daughter is a traitor and no longer a member of this family. I disclaim having ever raised or loved her,” Leia spat venomously.
    =
    -Sister-
    At the age of four, Rhiannon Solo-Thrawn is pleased to tell everyone she knows that she is a big sister to her new baby brother Thass. She knows lots of sisters, Mommmy is Uncle Jacen and Uncle Anakin’s sister and Aunt Al’iastov is Daddy’s sister. “Mommy was sick before I popped out of her womb,” she informs the hospital staff. She is very proud Mommy is not sick this time, she and Daddy would be sad. Shown into the hospital room, she squeals with delight upon holding the bundle wrapped in a blue blanket. “I’m a big sister now, everyone.”

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Glad that the baby survived. Evil Leia.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Stuff and Nonsense [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Snark-fest!
    Alphabet Soup--tantalizing and fascinating. =D= I never thought to read of a Jaina/Thrawn pairing, :cool: Leia being all vengeful is not something we see often but if she held and nursed anger for that long it is an understandable outcome.
    Riannon's POV was adorable, full of exuberance and curiosity.

10. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Thank you for the likes and the feedback. I had a lot of fun writing those.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Narnia mashups are grand. People turn to the Dark Side for whole rooms of Turkish Delight.

12. Seldes_Katne

Mar 18, 2002
    I am particularly curious about this drabble, as I'm interested in both history and mythology/spirituality. Finding a wormhole in the back yard! Meeting a genuine seer! Does "Fate, So Beautifully" expand on this short piece?

13. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    It will at some point yes. I have a post somewhere on the Head Canon thread about how Thra actually fits into the GFFA. If you like, I could dig it up and send it to you.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I love Narnia/Star Wars mashups! (a bit biased since I kind of did one myself a while back LOL).
    Great exchange between Obi-wan and Anakin. I see Obi-Wan has not lost any of his sass either ;)

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm ready to have my suspicions confirmed that Fenris Ulf was a Lothal Wolf who went Sith.

16. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    The Four Loves or Psyche's Gifts-

From the earliest days of galactic days of galactic civilization, it was known that Psyche was the spirit of the four loves; storge, philia, eros and agape. In layman’s terms- empathy, friendship, romance, and compassion. She took delight whenever people helped their galactic times of need, lovers made vows of marriage, siblings grew closer or allies in arms called each other brother, or parents loved their children. As the eons passed, she was pleased to see the rise Jedi Knights, their commitment to agape and philia were to be praised. At first, the Jedi were open to her influence in bringing aid to those who needed it and squashing darkness.

Over the millennia however, she was frightened when they rebuffed her ways, they didn’t need her blessings anymore. They had perfected the Force, they said. When she argued that the tenets of agape called for true compassion for all, including those who were called “the enemy”, they rebuffed her. The Jedi Order was above the Four Loves, they said. After that, they pulled away and their souls lost their faces, becoming cold, conformist beings who preached compassion and brotherhood, but did not practice it.

When the Jedi order, Psyche shed no tears. How could she, for those who no longer had sincerity in their souls?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantastic showing the strengths and flaws of the Jedi Order throughout the ages, embracing and displaying the noble qualities of compassion and empathy to finally lose touch with these, as we totally see in their decline as they become tangled up with catering to politicians. :p

18. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Thanks, I actually took some inspiration from two works by C.S. Lewis, "The Four Loves" and "Until We Have Faces".

19. Seldes_Katne

Mar 18, 2002
    It's usually the Sith that everyone says turned their backs on the spirit of the Force, but here the Jedi did so as well, in a different way, although through the same feelings of arrogance. An excellent exploration of this point of view.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A great way to show how the Jedi became lost to the real Force

21. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    _All Things Considered-

All things considered; this was an interesting to wind up in prison. Jaina Solo-Thrawn, commander in the Imperial Remnant, heir apparent to Emperor ex-officio Lord Vader, mother of Rhiannon, not to mention the happily wedded wife of Grand Admiral Thrawn, being forced to sit through a two hour lecture about the illegality of intergalactic law overriding planetary law, namely the rights of LGBTQ folks marrying on Corulag! She was lucky to be married to someone of high rank, and hopefully he arrived soon to get her out of this insanity.

The day had begun ordinarily at first. After taking some much-needed time of from running the Seventh Fleet, Thrawn had arranged a day trip down to Corulag, just the three of them. After being released from her six week stay in the NICU, Rhiannon was making her first diplomatic visit at the age of two months. Changing her diapers, Jaina cooed over her infant daughter, “Hello there, my sweet little one.” Rhiannon opened her red-silver eyes and cooed; it was Mommy! Reaching out with the Force, she tickled the infant as she found a clean flannel onesie covered in Imperial insignia. Scooping her up, Jaina gently held her in her arms, when Thrawn called. He had been in meetings all day and was going to meet them at Federal Square for a late lunch.

Thrawn’s hologram popped up, and Rhiannon, who was not at all used to seeing Daddy like this at all, began to howl, and all the electronics in the room began to flicker. “Hey little one, let’s calm down,” Thrawn soothed his daughter before updating his wife of what had been discussed between the Empire of the Hand and the Corulagi planetary government. From what Thrawn told her, people like Commander Lyste could marry on Coruscant, but said marriage would be seen as illegal on Corulag. The government said that the Empire was overstepping its bounds and had booted the Imperials from the building. With the extra time, Thrawn called his wife and decided to spend the day as a family outing. There were some art exhibits he wanted to explore and expose Rhiannon to. Jaina thought she was too little to remember, but Thrawn countered Rhiannon should be exposed to the arts as early as possible. She was his daughter, also.

So, with mother and child ready to out, Jaina took a shuttle down to a commercial lot, and caught a trolley into town. It was late January, and the gunmetal skies were letting a light layer of snow, dusting everything. The city was ancient, ruins interspersed with newer buildings of brick and glass. Blue and grey tiles covered the roofs as ground vehicles ran along the roads, and pedestrians huddled into the coats. Rhiannon, having never seen snow before, cooed curiously.

When the snow began to fall heavier and the gusts picked up, they took refuge in a café that had once been a hat shop called Sophie’s. A large white cat looked up from the window seat, and Jaina ordered a hot chocolate for herself and began to Rhiannon. As mother and daughter bonded, Jaina heard an argument and looked up to see what was going on. A rather plain looking woman was trying to buy some ground coffee, but the officious woman behind the desk was refusing to see to “her kind”. Jaina walked over and asked what was going on, making sure Rhiannon was secure in her baby carrier.

“None of your business! Go away.”

“I will not go away,” Jaina activated her lightsaber and asked the woman if she was all right. The woman was offended at having a stranger come to her aid and left in a huff. The storekeeper had picked a fight with Jaina, and when Lady Thrawn threw a punch, the Morality Matrons swooped in.

So, with the lecture boring her to death, there was a knock at the door. It was Thrawn, here to retrieve his wife.

“You certain are stubborn, heart’s half.”

“You knew I was a Skywalker-Solo, when we married.”

“Yes, and I will never regret marrying you.”

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent bit of banter and Jaina is totally in character.

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great to see Jaina going against the rules

24. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    _The Ballad of Harry Potter-

Thirteen Privet Drive’s gone up in flames-

Alas! No survivors, except for one, Harry

Potter, the poor lad. Found bleeding and

badly bruised, Potter claims his Aunt Marge beat him-

alack! Evidence is found, poor lad, why had

nobody said anything?

Those bodies found, Vernon, Petunia,

son Dudley, death from blunt force trauma,

and smoke inhalation. Father, mother, son,

sans Holy Ghost, coroner’s report is cut and

dry.

Ranting, wailing, flailing limbs, palsied

Twitching afflict Aunt Marge when she’s

hauled away to (Muggle) Family Court.

Witches and wizards- how preposterous,

the courts declare. All remaining money is

granted to Mister Potter who is crying, thanks

for the kindness. Just fourteen years old,

poor youth!

Batty Arabella Figg from next door

Knows the truth! Potter killed his

Family himself. No reason why, but

Magic he used indeed. As usual, Ministry

Refuses to listen, the wailing squib on the corner lot.

Without a legal guardian, Harry

Goes to live with Hermione until

The schoolyear begins. The Grangers

Are quite sensible and kind, Harry

Feels right at home. Dear Hermione,

His sister true, suspects something is

Indeed amiss. Clever little miss

Digs too deep in the darkest

Attic of his mind. Quite perturbed,

Harry recommends Hermione

Transfer to Drumstrang post haste and to be

Engaged to one Viktor Krum. Obliviate! Hermione

Forgets her intrepid investigation. Come October,

All three Grangers are off to Bulgaria, and still are there

To this very day. (Lest I forget to mention, Viktor and

Hermione have a healthy, happy marriage, and all the in-laws

Get along.)

One friend down, Harry did not kill them

Them in their sleep, for he felt exile was best. The

Weasely’s will be next, he must be cautious. Ron

Is far to easy to persuade, and the other Weasely’s

Fall in line. Callou! Callay! Harry now has allies

At his side.

New year at Hogwarts now begins, Draco Malfoy

And Professor Snape, both are quite suspicious. Harry

Really does not care, he has a brand-new potions book,

And since Snape has been reassigned this year, picking

Them off will be a slice of cake. A brand new curse, used

Once on Malfoy, and next on Snape, staged to

Look like some elaborate murder-suicide. As usual,

Harry is the victim, not to blame. Golden child, once

Again. Luna Lovegood fortells doom, she and Neville

Get shipped of to Bulgaria as well.

Delving deeper into the Dark Arts, Harry reasons how to

Murder Voldemort and restore what’s right, at least according

To his twisted little mind. Some simple mind control of Malfoy Senior and

Belletrix LeStrange, good bye Nagini, and good bye them. Voldemort does

Not suspect who is committing all these secret crimes, he has a prophecy to

Quell.

Like dogs and cats, their confrontation grows, until one curse too many,

Gets reflected and it’s good riddance to Tom Malvo Riddle. Praises rain from

The Ministry on high, Harry Potter saved the day!

Twenty years on, he runs the Ministry of Magic now. Very few know what

He did, and how horrid he really is. Nobody really seems to care, and those who knew

Him simply do not care.

This is the end of the Ballad of Harry Potter.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    great to see bad Harry defeating all his 'friends' A perfect AU