main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Scandinavian fan films?

Discussion in 'Nordic Countries Discussion' started by Wolfshead, Jun 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfshead

Wolfshead Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2001
    Hello there!

I'm writing in English, cause my Swedish is even worst than English, sorry about that, just try to bare with me.

Anyway, is there any Scandinavian groups, who make fan films?

I have couple of ideas. First is about smugglers, who are forced to hide their cargo in Hoth (before rebels have arrived) and then later on, they have troubles to pick up their cargo, cause Imperial forces are there. Maybe some bountyhunters are after the smugglers, cause they haven't brought the cargo to the client in time.

Another idea is about double agent, who have amnesia. He/she thinks he's working for rebels, but in reality, he's working for the Empire. Then he accidently betrays the Empire...

Well, I'm still working on these ideas, but I haven't seen too many films located on Hoth, so maybe next winter... I just don't have access to video equipment at the moment, so I can't do any films right now.

Wolfshead

2. Dead Star

Dead Star Jedi Youngling star 4

May 23, 2000
    Not everyone in here are swedish ;)

3. Audunfy

Audunfy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2000
    I'm in norway. I sort of feel obligated filming on location at Finse... : )

4. Wolfshead

Wolfshead Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2001
    So you are living "in Hoth" Audunfy? :) Not just very "hothish" wheater right now...

Anyway, I got this Hoth idea, cause some people (in Fan Activities) seem to be bit bored with all those Jedi vs. Sith duels. It's clear that those kind of Fan Films dominate at the moment.

I have to admit, that I would like to do my own duel clip myself, cause they look so cool. They are just so common right now, that one more duel isn't very exciting. Maybe with some unique plot...

But any kind of a Fan Film is better than no films at all. :D

5. Maladour-Fei

Maladour-Fei Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Well, I'm a Swede and I'm making a film along with some of the chaps here on the boards and quite a number of other people. It's called Padawan Twilight and... and...it's a fan film.... what am I supposed to say? It takes place some 10 years before ANH and features smugglers, padawans, Spaceships, blasters and all of the OT elements.... And we've got a loooong way to go since we still haven't started cutting it. We've got about 9 hours of film so far and we still got some scenes to shoot.

6. Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 1999
    Correction: Padawan Twilight takes place 3 yrs befort ANH

7. Audunfy

Dec 16, 2000
    We're 2 years away in our three-year-process of making a fanfilm. Is it possible to get a full-size frame from your production, realmotion? via mail og net? That picture in the corner lokks viking-ish by the way. : ) "Viking twilight"...?
    Nice website.
    audunfy@online.no

8. Maladour-Fei

Oct 17, 2000
    (the date when the film was set was changed after the actual shootin to 3 years before ANH instead of the initial 10 years so I was right when i posted that post...) :)

We ain't got no fullscreen dumps at the present since we ain't started to do the digital transfer (we still got a few scenes to shoot). I'll bring you a few fullscreens as of next week when I've started with the transfer. :)

Vinkingish... Well... We didn't find any deserts up here in Sweden so we dumped Tatooine and instead they travel to Islandooine, the vikingplanet! [face_laugh]

9. Audunfy

Dec 16, 2000
    I see. what are those pictures on the website from then? just test-images? Will you get better resolution than on your lightsabertest?

10. Maladour-Fei

Oct 17, 2000
    Most are stills that Rickard, our photographer took with his 6x6 camera although a few (three) are from the film but they are just from small test-transfers.

11. Zaphod Beeblebrox

Aug 26, 1999
    I'm just curious.
    What do you want full-size frames for? ?[face_plain]

12. Audunfy

Dec 16, 2000
    What do you mean by that?

13. Zaphod Beeblebrox

Aug 26, 1999
    You said:

"Is it possible to get a full-size frame from your production, realmotion? via mail og net?"

And I am (in a very unhostile way) asking you; what for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.