main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Scheduled Board Outages

Discussion in 'Communications' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 20, 2018.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    More maintenance:

New Jersey Scheduled Maintenance - 2023-03-07
    02/24/23 7:58 pm UTC

Event Type: Network Upgrade

We are performing system changes in the New Jersey location during the following scheduled maintenance window.

Start Time: 2023-03-07 04:55:00 UTC
    End Time: 2023-03-07 08:55:00 UTC

We schedule higher impact maintenance events during off-peak times to reduce impact to customer infrastructure. Our engineers make every effort to minimize system impact, however, network reachability to New Jersey instances may be affected for some, or all, of the scheduled maintenance window as we perform this work. While it’s important to be aware of start and end times of the maintenance window, due to our redundant network architecture, our engineers expect that you may see little to no impact at all while the work is performed.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    This thread has gotten boring and repetitive. What should we do to liven it up?

TiniTinyTony and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It says "Board Outage", not "Bored Outrage".

4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Order pizza?

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    More maintenance:

New Jersey Scheduled Maintenance - 2023-03-15
    03/07/23 6:25 pm UTC

We are performing system changes in the New Jersey location during the following scheduled maintenance window.

Start Time: 2023-03-15 04:00:00 UTC
    End Time: 2023-03-15 08:00:00 UTC

We schedule higher impact maintenance events during off-peak times to reduce impact to customer infrastructure. Our engineers make every effort to minimize system impact, however, network reachability to New Jersey instances may be affected for some, or all, of the scheduled maintenance window as we perform this work. While it’s important to be aware of start and end times of the maintenance window, due to our redundant network architecture, our engineers expect that you may see little to no impact at all while the work is performed.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Outageous!

TiniTinyTony and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Unfair!

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    New Jersey Scheduled Maintenance - 2023-05-04
    04/21/23 9:19 pm UTC

Start Time: 2023-05-04 04:00:00 UTC (00:00 local time)
    End Time: 2023-05-04 06:00:00 UTC (02:00 local time)

We schedule higher impact maintenance events during off-peak times to maintain our ideal hosting environment. Our engineers make every effort to minimize system impact; however, New Jersey instances may be unreachable for some, or all, of the scheduled maintenance window as we perform network, firmware, or host upgrades.

9. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Not on Star Wars Day! What kind of nonsense is this? If the boards go down on May the Fourth Day, WE WILL RIOT!!!

:p

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hopefully they won't go down. I have informed Philip and our server admin of the maintenance as well. Also the maintenance times are pretty early.

11. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm kidding. ;)

(...mostly :p)

Sarge and LAJ_FETT like this.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    If the boards crash, we'll all have to meet up in NJ.

Now there's trouble busin' in from outta state
    And the D.A. can't get no relief
    Gonna be a rumble out on the promenade
    And the gamblin' commission's hangin' on by the skin of its teeth

Well now everything dies baby that's a fact
    But maybe everything that dies someday comes back
    Put your makeup on, fix your hair up pretty
    And meet me tonight in Atlantic City

13. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    So are we going after the chicken man and his house? @Sarge

Well they blew up the chicken man in Philly last night,
    And they blew up his house too.

Sarge likes this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yes - we were down.
    No - it wasn't scheduled.
    Not sure why - it's going to be a few hours til our Server Admin can check. Philip rebooted things and that seems to have fixed it (for now).

Last edited: Apr 29, 2023
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My timely email woke Philip on his one day off and saved everything!

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It was me, but I've done far worse than crash the boards. I've hurt the boards. And I wish to go on hurting boards. I shall leave the boards as they left me, as they left REDACTED BANNED USER NAME; marooned for all eternity in the center of the bugged software... buried alive! Buried alive...!

Jedimarine, darthhelinith and Sarge like this.
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAATTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Thanks for getting it back up so quickly today.

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Luckily the reboot seems to have fixed it - for now, anyway.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Maintenance:

New Jersey Scheduled Maintenance - 2023-07-24
    Alert Created07/14/23 4:49 pm UTC

Start Time: 2023-07-24 04:00:00 UTC
    End Time: 2023-07-24 10:00:00 UTC

New Jersey Scheduled Maintenance - 2023-07-21
    Alert Created07/14/23 4:43 pm UTC

Start Time: 2023-07-21 04:00:00 UTC
    End Time: 2023-07-21 10:00:00 UTC

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Can we push that back a bit? It is inconveniently timed to disrupt my plans to inflate my post count.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not my call, unfortunately. Most of these maintenance periods haven't caused outages - hopefully that will be the case here. However if things are down at least people will have been forewarned.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hey don’t reveal my plans of my past self. :p

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    You've come a very long way. You're actually a Notable Member based on your contribution and we are glad you recognized that and found your place here. I'm not there yet and still need to bloat my number.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Maintenance:

New Jersey Scheduled Maintenance - 2023-08-17
    Alert Created08/07/23 6:45 pm UTC

Start Time: 2023-08-17 05:00:00 UTC
    End Time: 2023-08-17 09:00:00 UTC

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.