main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sci-fi film fans

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by miked81_98, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miked81_98

miked81_98 Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2003
    I want to know why you think science fiction fans are like no other film fans in the world?
    Why do they do all the things they do, art, films, novels just for the film or franchise they love?

2. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Because we love the story and get into it through the characters, Sci-fi (sometimes) represents how we wish the world could be or will be... :D (Other things do too, but right now I'm just talking about Sci-fi!) :D

God bless!

-Malz

3. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    ^_^ I agree with Malz :), but I also believe Sci-fi is humanity's attempt at explaining the unknown and mapping the universe. :DSci-fi fan's are so unique because we're the nerdiest ( 8-} ) and it tend's to be a film and literature genre than allow's for the most particpation.

For instance, what other type of film would you post in a extenisve discussion forum or make costume's to wear for the premiere of a new enstallment? :confused:

<[-]> Saber

4. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    That's true! :D

Dumb and Dumberer! :p

No, not really... :p

-Star Wars
    -Lord of the Rings
    -(sadly) Star Trek

A bunch! :D

5. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    ESCAPE FROM REALITY.

Whether the sci-fi depicts the bright and shiny or the dim and grim. We like it for the feelings it gives us. Hope in the tales of the "bright and shiny" and comfort in our present condition in the case of "dim and grim."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.