main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sci Fi Friday

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Errant_Venture, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, while BSG may be the better show, the SG series' are just ridiculously addictive (especially on DVD where you can't watch just one- you may think you're only gonna watch one, but as soon as it';s over you pop over to another...)- waiting any longer than July would be murder.

2. adoyidej

adoyidej Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2004
    yeah the lineup looks great. sg, bsg and the first two episodes of Dr. Who. A friend of mine already showed me the premiere, but i havent seen the other episode they will be showing this week. friday night is definitely a great night for scifi.

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Friday is generally a good day all around, at least when I watched it last. Earlier on, they had Surface, X-Files and Firefly before the big three.

4. adoyidej

Nov 17, 2004
    yeah thats pretty good too? what day is ghost hunters on? thats another one of my favorite sci fi shows. i heard its starting up again soon.

5. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    It's on Wed. I wasn't very fond of it though.

6. adoyidej

Nov 17, 2004
    i think its a pretty fun show because its just a group of random everyday people taking on the task of investigation. its too bad they dont have bill murray though:)

7. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    I am in Canada (Where all 3 shows are filmed) and we dont get SciFi.

All the episodes are aired up here 6-9 months late. We are on episode 6 or 7 right now, and your season is allready over.

My friday night consists of downloading all 3 shows so I can watch them Saturday morning. (Who the HECK is going to wait 6 to 9 months for a show when it allready aired in the USA?)

SG A - Started watching it last year, and John, and Rodney got me hooked. Love the show.
    SG 1 - SG A actually got me watching SG 1 again, and I keep watching it for Sam and Daniel now. LOVE the Ori plot!
    BSG - Ummmmmmmm WOW!

Wouldnt miss an episode of any of them!

8. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    me and a friend found out recently that the Atlantis episodes are taped monthes in advance and we DL'd them weeks before hand, so I saw the finale WAY before it was on

9. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    See I never figured that out. Its all filmed months in advance. Heck all TV is filmed months in advance.

Why were Atalantis eps out early and not SG-1 or battlestar?

I assumed some country was showing them early, just didn't know which one.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It was the UK that showed the second half of the season earlier- the US starts their seasons before the UK, but has that mid-season break between Sept and Jan. The UK starts airing their seasons in Oct but goes straight through to the finale, so they end up about 2 to 3 episodes ahead of the US, even though they start 10 behind.

And thats why most of the Atlantis recordings you find online are visibly from the UK airings, and also why the full title sequences got online last fall despite not airing in the US till Jan.

11. Terje_Lisan

Terje_Lisan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2005
    :p I felt a little lost, though, when I saw Valia in SG pregnant. I missed the episode before that, so I was just like "WHAT!?!?!?!" Thank TV scheduling for reruns:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.