main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO [SCJ_Cos] SCFF Official Costuming Night

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mistress, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Come one, come all to Costuming Night! Place to be determined on a weekly basis, the night is Wednesday...not this week, RDT has horn surgery. :p

Ideas, times and places will be posted here. :)

2. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Rachel and I will be getting together this Tuesday to do some stuff...arent really ready yet for help, but we will discuss future Wednesdays with the SCJ on Thursday the 2nd at their meeting.

We will list projects and you can choose to come or not based on whether that weeks project is something you want to help with or need help with.

3. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Yep. And during the winter, vac-forming's a bit out. The plastic cools too fast when it's out in the freezing garage to be able to get good pulls. If we get a space heater or work on warm days, it might be OK, though.

But everything else from sewing/molding/casting/latex is open. :D

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    And these will be costuming nightS, correct? Tentatively every Wednesday from here until C3?

5. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Yes, Zoom...every Wednesday night from now until then. :eek:

Like we stated at the meeting, if someone cant do it one week, thats fine...the place and time might change from week to week...but the plan is to do some work every week to avoid pre-con insanity as much as is humanly possible.

6. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I'm getting a house either end of Dec/beginning of Jan...and one of the requirements is that it has at least one extra room that can be utilized as a studio/crafting room.

A garage would be a plus too....that way, we dont always have to descend upon you and yours every wednesday night.

I've asked Santa for a sewing machine this year...lets see if the man delivers.

7. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I will try and get to them. but im pretty much out til after the new year. this is the busiest time at work.

8. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    we might actually be at a point by the new year where we will have stuff for helpers to do...thats the tricky part.

9. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    Im hoping to be able to work on some stuff of my own. I would love to help too! that way when other ppls stuff is drying/curing etc. i can ask for help [face_blush]

10. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    This is a great idea! Can't wait to see whatch'all come up with.

11. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Tentatively scheduled for this week is the daunting task of finishing the plaster me...it needs a head. :eek:

next week, R&D and perhaps toga work? We'll let you know.

12. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

I know that my group is working exclusively on Jedi/Sith robes to start maybe some latex and cosmetics depending on what we decide. Let me know how you want to work this and we'll make it happen.
    Later Days...

13. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    We can talk more about that on Thursday, I guess. Rachel and I rarely plan ze agenda more than a week in advance...I will talk to her about what we want to do next Wednesday and share that with the group on this Thursday.. :confused:

lol, hows that sound?

14. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I got the instructions on how to mod the civil war uniform into an IMP officer uniform. I am thinking of buying some chepo cloth the make a mock up and try to learn to sew a bit. If it works ,which it should cuz the lady I got them from has been called the officer authority, I will just need boots/spats and the belt and metal peices.doent jeff make them?

15. Dark_Side_Otaku

Dark_Side_Otaku Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2004
    Hey Rav, if you want help with makeup sometime, I'll see what I can do to help, with what theatre training I have. Would really like help/supplies (^^') with doing some Palps makeup.

16. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    IB...yep, I think Jeff might still have a few. Have to ask, though.

Otaku...Palpy's makeup? Post-full-blown Dark Side pruney skin? We can get a cast of your face, and then give you some clay to play with. Will probably have to shave off the beard, though...but hair grows back...usually. :eek:

M...Yes, an extra garage would be nice. We've got a lot of room here, but we can only hold so many projects at a time. :D That, and part of our garage will be going to storage for a parental unit, and...a few people saw the disorderly state of the costumey junk room yesterday. I gotta get in there and get some shelves up or something.

17. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Yes, Lord Zoom...I am very sorry that my plaster twin is taking up all that space...soon, it will be covered in crap and will take up even more. :(

but also also soon, I will have a garage and we can move some stuff there...yay!

18. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    I think we need a giant wipe of 12 month calender to write out deadlines on. And plan out stuff a bit more. Hmm, maybe I shall look, if I make it to the store for my painkillers and antibiotics in preparation for tomorrow. We need a WALL OF COSTUMING!!!!

19. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I might be able to borrow a dry erase board from work!! :eek:

lemme see...this is tonight! :D

20. RavLoc_Vos

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

Make up is good....Costumes are goood.....Let me know what we are working on, so I can make out a list of things we need. Also 1 of my guys has Uber free time to HELP or work on the stuff we don't want to. Later days...

21. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    THIS IS TONITE!!!!

:D

22. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Yes...it is... :)

I cant stay out super late this time, tho...I'm still sicky. :(

23. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    I can't get punched in the face. I'm still sore. :p

Mmmm, going to bed before midnight, that sounds GOOD. :D

24. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    It was fun!!! Got a lot done... [face_plain]

I've been sketching ever since.

25. RavLoc_Vos

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

I will right up a schedule for costumes and ideas we are working on. The 1st being finishing togas, even though we aren't going. 2nd Rancor and keepers(Plus some green over robes) After that its all fair game. I will probably go out tonite or manana and start buying everything we need. ZC and RDT what are you going as for ST. Patty's Parade?? I will also find out whats going on with the banner.
    Later Days...