main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Scoundrels (Family of Scoundrels - Bounty Hunt)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kit' , Apr 6, 2022.

1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Title: Scoundrel
    Author: Kit'
    Timeframe: 13BBY
    Characters: Quin D'ladame (OC) Kei D'ladame (OC) Taro D'ladame
    Genre: humor, gen, angst,

Summary: Bounty hunters all have their reasons for hunting, but for the D'ladame siblings, it's about adventure, scoring enough to keep their ship running and making sure they keep one step ahead of the law, not an easy task when you are the children of former Jedi during the rise of the Empire.

Author's note: These stories come from the Star Wars Discord's Bounty Hunter challenge - 10 challenges - the perfect opportunity to let the younger FoS members shine.

Kahara likes this.
  2. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    The best trick to the profession.

Nori watched the young bounty hunter as he lay on his back in the cell, tossing a piece of fruit into the air.

The woman sighed and rubbed the bridge of her nose. The boy had claimed to be a bounty-hunter, but most bounty-hunts didn’t include thievery. Nori had listened to the Mayor whinge about losing his prized collection of Jedi artefacts only that morning. It had been a long and very exasperating phone call.

As if on cue, the young man threw the fruit in the air, slid into a sitting position and caught it. He swept his long, blond fringe out of his eyes and smiled crookedly.

Nori knew she was too old for this. Working under the Empire had left her bitter and jaded, but something about the way he smiled made her face flush.

The boy's eyes sparkled as he bit into the fruit.

He didn’t look like a thief, she told herself, but then again he didn’t look like a bounty-hunter either. Too young, and far too cocky.

He stood, his grin widening and he glanced at the door. A second later there was a knock and Somar, a first year rookie, entered. The girl looked flustered.

“I hope this is urgent,” Nori said, resisting the urge to rub the bridge of her nose again..

“Uh,” Somar said, glancing towards where the young man was leaning against the prison walls, eating the fruit as he smiled at her. Nori clicked her fingers and Somar's gaze snapped back. Now she was definitely blushing. Somar handed over the file. Nori quickly read through it and sighed.

“Thanks.”

Nori pushed the door open and stared at the young man as he put the last piece of fruit in his mouth.

“So I can go?” he grinned. When she said nothing, he retrieved his crimson jacket from the floor, slinging it over his shoulder before he continued. “Let me guess, another crime was committed.”

“Yes, actually, by someone who looks just like you actually. Right down to the jacket.”

The young man smiled. “Can’t be me though, I was here, enjoying your fruit.”

Nori frowned. “We found your ship too. The troopers said the young lady who is apparently your bounty was very annoyed.”

The boy raised an eyebrow. “Hope you didn’t let her out.”

He was now so close that Nori could see the tiny chip out of his front tooth that, if anything, made him look more handsome.

“Either way, I’m glad I wasn’t the person you were looking for.” He grinned at her and his hand made an odd gesture through the air.

Nori felt herself suddenly relax. “You weren’t the person we were looking for,” she repeated without knowing why. She stood aside and watched the young man saunter out through the office and disappear into the street beyond.

The moment his feet touched the dusty street, Kei bolted. Two streets away his brother joined him, both of them using the Force to increase their speed.

“You owe me,” Taro said, grinning at his brother. Kei scowled at Taro, whose face was a perfect copy of his own.

“If you hadn’t decided that this was the place to do some side hustle stealing on top of what we were sent to get, we’d be on our way, bounty in tow,” Kei returned.

“A distraction. We don’t want the Empire to know what we were really after.”

“Luckily our sister stashed the bounty safely,” Kei returned, still scowling. He hated having to use the Force, “and Quin is a good liar.” Their ship, the Marquess, was coming into view now and he felt himself relax. “Next time, we might not be so lucky.”

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice OC's, former Jedi now trying to make a living and getting away

Kahara likes this.