main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Scribblings on a Datapad --A Journal for 2008 Diary Challenge-- AR 9/6

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Laine_Snowtrekker, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    Quick! Open it! I wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    ^What She Said^:D

Just do it quietly[face_shhh]

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    :eek::eek::eek:

A warning and a "present"?

That can not be a good thing

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Author Replies

VaderLVR64:
    Well, sorry I made you wait for a week extra. Darth Finals and DRL. Argh.

PHGS_Weyr: No problem on the PM. I'm glad you liked the little cliff. :)

Sel: Oh, I know you do...

Mitth: ^What I said up there^

KELIA: What's the definition of 'good' again?

Here we go. Sorry this is a week late.

ENTRY 18:

Sorry, Journal. I?ve been really busy, and haven?t really had a chance to write. It?s annoying, because I like writing and such forth. I?m still worried about that paper that Jasan?s courier gave me?when I took it out of my pocket at home, I realized that it was crumpled flimsy that had once been folded neatly. I smoothed it out onto my desktop, and then stared down at it.

In an inky ragged script were the words, ?Torrence Reffins, Jr.? Junior? That?s my dad, not me. Does this Jasan fellow want my father to get involved? He?s busy on his novel! Plus, this is my case, my story. But if I don?t deliver it, what would happen? It couldn?t be a mistake, because I assume that smugglers and spacers and such know how to get people?s names. Then I thought about Jasan?s DL-44, and decided to deliver the message. I just haven?t done it yet. More later.

5. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Whoaboy....I hope he takes that note to his dad and 'fesses up to what he knows. Sounds like he NEEDS a parent in on this, and I think his Dad would be the best one to talk to.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I think maybe Dad SHOULD be involved in this! ;)

Great update! =D=

7. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm glad he's taking the flimsy to his father.

But is his father involved in something he shouldn't be?

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    Uh oh very bad!

Thanks for the pm!

phgs weyr

9. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Author Replies

Sel:
    Well, that would be the smart thing, right?

VaderLVR64: Me too!

KELIA: Interesting question that I will not answer either way.

PHGS_Weyr: Or good. It's a point-of-view sort of thing.

Two posts for the price of one (other words, I'm catching up.)

ENTRY 19:

I finally submitted a piece to the parents? newsletter?some trite little snippet about the science project one of the lower grades is working on (something about fusion, I think). Woodson wanted to cry, but she only dabbed at her eyes and said that she refused to cry about the beauty of my writing. Is she trying to compliment or insult me? I can?t quite tell.

Mr. Akalush handed back the epically difficult galactic history tests. I got a seventy percent?but you know what? I worked hard for that grade?Mr. Akalush is reputed to be one of the toughest teachers on my class level. I know for a fact that he doesn?t take sloppy or ill-prepared work; he has high standards, and I, for one, enjoy them. He pushes me to excel, and I like that. More later.

ENTRY 20:

It was night when I gave Dad the flimsy?and thunderstorming outside. I thought it was rather ominous, for one. He looked at me, one eyebrow quizzically arched. ?Who exactly is this from??

?Not exactly sure,? I replied (pretty honestly, since I wasn?t entirely sure if it was from Jasan or not).

Dad handed me back the paper, turned back to his desk, and set his current manuscript neatly onto a stack of manila folders, the ones near the tackboard. He turned back to me and expectantly held out his hand. ?The paper??

I momentarily considered running away while still holding the paper?but then realized that Dad would not let me hear the end of it until the paper was in his possession. I gave him the paper.

He smoothed it out onto the desktop, flattening it with one calloused and ink-stained hand. Then Dad opened it and read silently. I couldn?t see any of the words?and I really wanted to know what the message said.

?Torrence, what have you gotten yourself into??

Dad spoke so quietly that I had barely heard him. ?What?? I said.

Dad turned towards me, his face pale. He picked up the paper. ?What have you gotten yourself into, son??

?What do you mean, Dad??

?I mean this,? he said, shaking the paper a little. ?It?s says that you?ve been investigating the mystery of the Rancorato Place.?

I nodded. ?Dar and Jak think that there?s a ghost,? I said. ?I wanted to prove that they?re wrong.?

The eyebrow arched again. ?Oh, really? This note seems to indicate otherwise. It says that you?re treading dangerously close to Vact. I thought we warned you about him.?

?Uh, well, there?s a lot of recording equipment on the Rancorato Place?s second floor. I took lots of holographs?and narrowly missed Vact?s goon, Jasan.?

?Did you say ?Jasan???

I nodded. ?He?s doing something with the equipment and city hall. Vact told him to. I heard Vact??

?Wait. You were near enough to Vact to hear him speak to Jasan??

?I was in a closet. Jasan told me to stop snooping and scared me home with his blaster.?

Dad leaned back in his chair. ?Torrence, this is dangerous stuff you?ve gotten into.? He sighed. ?But Jasan?s no goon,? he said. ?He?s a good man.?

?You?ve met him??

?Once or twice.?

?Recently??

?No. And I don?t see how that?s your business, Torrence Reffins.?

I grinned. ?The Third.?

?Don?t pull a solo, Torrence,? Dad said. He ran his fingers through his hair. ?Jasan states that Vact is doing something that he doesn?t approve, and that??

?If he doesn?t approve of it, why is he helping??

Oh, I just got told to turn off my lights. I?m grounded, so I need to listen. More later.

10. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ah, so his dad knows Jasan!

Very interesting, though for some reason I don't think this will keep Tory from investigating.

He should be proud of his seventy percent. It's not the grade that's important, it's the work you put into achieving it.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    ?You?ve met him??

?Once or twice.?

?Recently??

?No. And I don?t see how that?s your business, Torrence Reffins.?

I grinned. ?The Third.?

?Don?t pull a solo, Torrence,? Dad said. He ran his fingers through his hair. ?Jasan states that Vact is doing something that he doesn?t approve, and that??

?If he doesn?t approve of it, why is he helping??

Oh, I just got told to turn off my lights. I?m grounded, so I need to listen. More later.

[face_laugh] Loved it! =D=

12. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    great post!

thanks for the pm!

phgs weyr

13. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    KELIA: Oh, yeah, I felt the same way when I got a 70 and a 76 on my two computer programming tests. I worked for those, it was good to get a C.

VaderLVR64: Thanks! Torsy was being his usual sarcastic self, and I think my head had the Jango/Obi-wan conversation echoing around in it.

PHGS_Weyr: Thanks, and you're welcome!

Here you all go. Sorry it's late.

ENTRY 21:

Okay, back to the story. I had just asked Dad why Jasan was helping Vact when he didn?t approve of the actions Vact was taking. Dad just fixed me with one of his looks and sighed.

?Tor, it?s a very different life on the other side of the law,? he said. ?It?s complicated.?

?Is it anything like the holos I?ve seen??

Dad shook his head, then nodded. ?Yes and no. Unfortunately, Vact is a very powerful man on the other side. However, Jasan is one of those very few who don?t do the things they do for the wrong reasons. He?s not the type of smuggler who runs just for profit.?

?But he does make a profit,? I said.

?Sometimes,? Dad said. ?Like I said, it?s complicated.? He sighed again. ?Now, back to what I was saying. Jasan says that he doesn?t approve of what Vact is doing, and that he is trying to counteract it. He wants to meet.?

?When are we meeting??

Dad raised an eyebrow. ?We? You can?t be serious. You?ve lied to me and your mother, snuck around behind our backs, and are mixed up in things that a fourteen-year-old shouldn?t be mixed up in. Oh, by the way, you?re grounded for the next two weeks.?

?That?s not fair! It?s not my fault that we were ghost-hunting in the Rancorato Place and ran into some smuggler friend of yours. It?s not my fault that Vact is a bad guy. Maybe I?ve pushed it a bit by getting the police file and the sneaking and the hypothetical situation posing?but it?s still my story, I want to follow it through. And you always said that if someone?s got a story, they should be the ones to tell it.?

Dad smiled faintly. ?So you are serious. Well, this poses a problem. Your mother won?t approve of you mucking around the other side, so we can?t meet Jasan there. Perhaps in Mahcappro. I?ll let you know. But you?re still grounded.?

?I?ll be in my room,? I said, walking out and going to my room.

So, Journal, that?s why I?m grounded. And how I might be going to visit Jasan with my father. I just have to wait and see. More later.

14. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW

I'm a little surprised his father is considering taking him to his meeting with Jasan.

On the other hand, he probably knows he can't stop him. :p

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    ?When are we meeting??

Dad raised an eyebrow. ?We? You can?t be serious. You?ve lied to me and your mother, snuck around behind our backs, and are mixed up in things that a fourteen-year-old shouldn?t be mixed up in. Oh, by the way, you?re grounded for the next two weeks.?

Loved this exchange between them. =D=

16. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Sorry for not keeping up with this. About time he got his father involved. THis was rapidly becoming too deep waters for any one person, especially a 14 year old boy.

Well done, Laine. :)

17. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Well. In a way, I'm glad Torsy got caught, so to speak. He really needs an adult in on this and his father is the right person.

I almost laughed at Torsy's unfair! *cough* whine. So typically teenager... ;)

18. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    KELIA: Well, apples don't fall far from the trees, do they?

VaderLVR64: Thanks!

Lank: I agree. Cooler heads needed to apply. :)

Sel: I'm glad he got caught, too. I wasn't expecting him to get caught, but he did. And I was recently a teenager myself (and know quite a few teenagers and ex-teenagers), so I understand the unfair.

Glad you're all enjoying this! Here's more:

ENTRY 22:

I?m not sorry that I was following the story?and I hope that my dad doesn?t expect me to be sorry. Then again, I wish he?d show me what Jasan wrote to him, but all he says is that it?s for his eyes only. He sounds like some agent from one of his stories?I wonder if this is the kind of thing that Dad had to deal with when he was in the Rebellion.

School?s been very boring lately. We?re almost done, so all we?re doing is going over what we are supposed to have already learned through the past year. We?ve had little kid worksheets and review sheets. Ms. Woodson talks about how important our finals are, and how it determines our final grade and stuff. Can?t we do anything new?

I need to stop complaining, though. School?s almost out, and then I can spend my summer my way. More later.

ENTRY 23:

Sorry, Journal, for the two week delay. Dad hasn?t said anything yet about going to meet Jasan?and I?ve just felt too bored to write. School?s out (for which I?m immensely glad). I got all A?s, except for one B (in galactic history, but that?s okay). I had to write another snippet for the end-of-the-year newsletter that gets sent with the official report chips. It was something about how I was excited to move on to the higher grades, but wanting to bid a fond farewell to my junior high.

I?ve spent the last few days sleeping and reading (since I?ve been grounded from everything else). Maybe, since I?ve been really good, Dad and Mom will let me go to S?Danno?s and meet up with Jak and Dar. More later.

Update on that, the going to S?Danno?s. Nope. I think they?re being a little unfair about this?it?s not like I purposely stumbled into the story (even if I purposely followed through on it). More later.

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm loving your OC! :D

=D=

20. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Torsy just found out that grounding lasts FOREVAH!!!!!! Poor kid. But then, it makes its point exactly that way, and makes one want to avoid grounding if at all possible. He'll survive. *nods wisely*

21. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    think they?re being a little unfair about this

Perhaps they are just trying to protect you, Torsy.

Though I can understand his boredom.

There's nothing worse than summer vacation with nothing to do for a teenager.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

22. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    an excelent series of entries can't wait for more!

23. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Author Replies:

VaderLVR64:
    Thanks! I love him, too!

Sel: Yeah, I've been grounded a few times myself.

KELIA: I understand, too. Summer is more fun when you're occupied doing something.

PHGS_Weyr: Thanks! Here's another!

ENTRY 24:

Finally! Dad released me from the grounding today?a day early. He winked at me and said, ?Time off for good behaviour.? I think he?s having way too much fun with this. Anyway, I commed Jak and Dar and we met up at S?Danno?s.

Jak was quick to ask questions, that?s for sure. All he wanted to talk about was the Vact business, and how the meeting with my father had gone. Obviously, it hadn?t gone well, or else I would have met them at S?Danno?s earlier. I just had to point that out to him.

Dar smiled and asked if I?d looked at any of the other reports. I hadn?t had the chance to do so recently, with homework and all, but I do know that it?s on my list of things to do. More later.

24. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Finally! Dad released me from the grounding today?a day early. He winked at me and said, ?Time off for good behaviour.? I think he?s having way too much fun with this.

Don't let anyone fool you. Sometimes it's fun to torture your children like this! ;)

Great update! =D=

25. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    parents are evil!

thanks for the pm!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.