main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Searching for a new FFUK RSA

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Obi Anne , May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Yes, watching closely........ like all good stalkers...... I mean Sith Lords :p

2. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Why do I get the feeling i'm being set up as the Jar Jar Binks to Yoshee's Palpatine. :eek:

In all seriousness though, I would be honoured to be considered for this position. Plus, due to non-existence and total lack of a personal and social life, I would be able to give it my undivided attention. (not sure if I should see that as a good thing or a bad thing?)

But I could never replace Yoshee, only succeed him.

Sorry, Star Trek quotes really have no place on here!

*Way to go to lose some votes Welshguy* :oops:

3. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Ouch, no Trek quotes...man, he's harsh! :p

Palpatine: "They don't trust you, Anakin. They see your future. They know your power will be too strong to control. Anakin, you must break through the fog of lies the fanboys have created around you. Let me help you to know the subtleties of Science Fiction."

Anakin: "How do you know the ways of Science Fiction?"

Palpatine: "My mentor taught me everything about Science Fiction...even the nature of Star Trek."

Anakin "You know Star Trek?"

Palpatine: "Anakin, if one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic, narrow view of the fanboys. If you wish to become a complete and wise viewer, you must embrace a larger view of Science Fiction. Be careful of the fanboys, Anakin. (pausing) Only through me can you achieve a power greater than any fanboy! Learn to know Star Trek and will be able so save your life from certain death!"

4. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    ChrisLyne, DarthHomer, Myself.
    Anyone dedicated to Star Wars and organisation.

5. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    malkie!

6. SlackerDaf

SlackerDaf Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    Welshguy

It's been said already, but he's a nice guy, and welsh...

7. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    lol - Happy Ninja - after that.....! :D

8. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    Hmmm, i nominate my CR/Master Welshguy

let's consolidate FFUK power in Wales and then enslave all these English scum!

or something about him being a good poster and CR blah blah blah

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Oh my, this is a most difficult decision

But I will go for......Hal, he is wise and sensible (generally :p ), he seems to have natural modness

Not to discredit Welshguy, Jairen or Nic you understand :p

10. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I vote for Jairen. Not that Nic couldnt do it, but I seem to remember from others posts that youve got a lot on / and or coming up.

11. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    is malkie not going to lead us?

12. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Happy Ninja: Star Trek is the path to the dark side. Warp coils lead to fear, spacial anomalies leads to anger, Star Trek: Enterpise leads to suffering!

Stuey: Shhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell then our master plan. The whole enslavery thing is supposed to be top secret!

But seriously, I think i've done a pretty good job as CR of the Wales forum and my record and relationship with new/young/experienced posters is very good. Given the opportunity I would welcome the chance to extend that role to a wider section of the fan-force community.

13. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Palpatine: "They don't trust you, Anakin. They see your future. They know your power will be too strong to control. Anakin, you must break through the fog of lies the fanboys have created around you. Let me help you to know the subtleties of Science Fiction."

Anakin: "How do you know the ways of Science Fiction?"

Palpatine: "My mentor taught me everything about Science Fiction...even the nature of Star Trek."

Anakin "You know Star Trek?"

Palpatine: "Anakin, if one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic, narrow view of the fanboys. If you wish to become a complete and wise viewer, you must embrace a larger view of Science Fiction. Be careful of the fanboys, Anakin. (pausing) Only through me can you achieve a power greater than any fanboy! Learn to know Star Trek and will be able so save your life from certain death!"

Anakin: "Is it possible to learn this power?"

Palpatine: "Not...from a Trekkie"

14. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    As a relatively new member to the Welsh forum the welcome I recieved when I started posting from Welshguy was very warm and he does seem to want Wales to succeed as a FanForce in the real world and as an online community (something impeded by lack of posters). This could easily be transferred to the wider UK forum and could hopefully lead to more meets on a nationwide scale (something that has been an issue of late).

You only have to look at his sig to see he's popular on the boards and you need look no further than the blueness of his name to realise he's a responsible poster who can handle authority

Plus you English could use some Celtic guidance :p

15. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Halibut: Damn it! You stole my line. I was going to use that :(
    Original Star Trek and Generations I liked. DS9 and Voyage were ok, pretty good in places. But Enterprise was dead in the water from the get go. I know people will disagree with me, but it just didn't have that Star Trek feel and lacked the adventure and sense of fun of the other Trek's had.

Anyway, back to the point in hand. We all know what happened when Anakin tried to learn the power of the Dark side/Star Trek. He got sliced, diced and toasted.

Learn to know Star Trek and you will achieve a power greater than any fan-boy indeed!

Stuey: Thanks Stuey, your words bring warm feelings to my heart. I've always tried my best with the Welsh forum and its good to know that that has come across to the posters there.

16. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Well I do think just about everyone who has been nominated would be good for the position.

Apart from Hal, because he probably has Roman Ambamovic putting some extra cash into the OFH, or Peter Kenyon meeting them in dodgey hotel rooms, and I won't let him buy the title!

17. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I love democracy, and I love the forums. And as my first act as RSA, I shall BAN Ramble_Boba...

Sorry, got a bit carried away there

18. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    *walks into room with 3 other FFUK'ers*

Chancellor Halibut, your under arrest.

19. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Are you threatening me, Master Taffy?

20. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    The FFUK will decide your fate!

21. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I AM the FFUK!

22. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    NOT YET!

23. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Welshy: "The Forums will decide your fate."

Hal: "I am the Forums!"

24. MasterChapRimera

MasterChapRimera Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    No votes for me? You're breaking my heart!

Anyway, my vote goes to Hal or Nic or Welshguy or anyone really.

25. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    Of course, if Welshguy doesn't get it a coalition of myself, Rambles and MCR should take over. Only together can we bring 'order' to this FFUK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.