main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Seattle Road Trip - SW Exhibit

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    At the meeting, those of us who were looking to go to Seattle had tentatively decided to go over the Easter Weekend (April 22-25). However, I've been looking at hotel availability and there's not a lot available during that time (downtown).

We can go either sooner or later - post your thoughts ASAP!

2. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Holiday Inn has 2 rooms left for the Easter weekend - but we have to book within the next day or so. Still within walking distance of most attractions.

I can book one room - someone else has to book the other (the booking is non-refundable) so we have to be SURE.

Cost would be around $96/person, for 3 nights.

3. hoshijo

hoshijo Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2011
    Easter weekend is probably best for me. Are there any other hotels with availability? Worst case, I can book one of the rooms tomorrow.

Let me know.

4. Rusted_Halo

Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2008
    Easter weekend works the best for me since i have the weekend off and just have to book the monday off other wise the first 2 weekend in april i'm working the enitre weekend and the weekend before easter i work part of it and would have to book off or hope that they would swap 3 daysor i have the last weekend in april open( work til 7am on april29)... i'm not able to book a hotel room but offer to be one of the drivers since i have a room in my patroit and can give roomie who books the hotel room my $100..

5. hoshijo

hoshijo Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2011
    I've found a couple of other hotel choices looking through Hotels.ca

http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?pa=7&pn=1&ps=7&reviewOrder=date_newest_first&roomno=1&departureDate=04-25-2011&destinationId=1481165&rooms[0].numberOfAdults=4&tab=description&arrivalDate=04-22-2011&hotelId=206002&validate=false#description
    La Quinta - About $320 for our 3-night stay.

http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?pa=7&pn=1&ps=7&reviewOrder=date_newest_first&roomno=1&departureDate=04-25-2011&destinationId=1481165&rooms[0].numberOfAdults=4&tab=description&arrivalDate=04-22-2011&hotelId=206002&validate=false#description
    And the MarQueen - About $400 for the stay.

Both are about a fifteen minute walk to the Science centre.

6. hoshijo

hoshijo Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2011
    You'll have to copy and paste the links because I fail at forums.

7. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I find Hotels.ca overpriced. Twice now I've booked with them, only to find out I could've saved 10-20 bucks per night, just booking with the hotel directly. So I don't really want to give them any more of my money.

We'll still gun for the Easter weekend then. I'd like to book a room soon to make sure we can get it. I'm leaning towards the Holiday Inn at this point. Let's try and make a decision by Friday.

8. hoshijo

hoshijo Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2011
    Weird. I just tried the site for La Quinta and booking through them is about $400 per night. That's almost an 80 dollar difference. For the Marqueen, the difference is $40.00 through the hotel's website.

I'm assuming the City Center Holiday inn, right? Just looked that up at Hotels.ca and the difference isn't that much. (Like $3.00)

In any case we have until Friday to discuss this and make a decision.

9. JamieTheJedi

JamieTheJedi Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2011
    PS. That was Anita and not a weirdo trying to hijack your trip.

-Jamie

10. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    LOL! I figured it had to be you or Anita o_O

Looking on expedia.ca, and yeah, Holiday Inn City Centre looks to be the best deal I've seen ($87/night for a room for 4). Parking is an additional $10/day.

11. hoshijo

hoshijo Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2011
    Rooms are booked!!

12. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Booyah!! Anita and I have our rooms booked. Now we just need to decide what time we're going to the exhibit!
    For anyone else who wants to book, we are staying at the Holiday Inn City Centre (211 Dexter Ave).

13. Rusted_Halo

Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2008
    i just booked the monday off work.. April 21-24 are my scheduled days off so i can leave as early as everyone wants to leave.. how many people do we have so far going?

14. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    5 confirmed to go (myself, Neil, Anita, Jamie and you, Marcy). The other four who signed up are all 'maybe'. So they'll have to decide soon.

We can leave either Thursday night, drive about half way and stop for the night. Or start out really early on Friday morning and don't stop till we hit the coast!

15. hoshijo

hoshijo Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2011
    I'm gonna give this thread a poke... Any more takers on the road trip?

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Looks like it's just going to be the 5 of us :)

17. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    The Falcon and Pod Racer teams are heading out tonight for the coast! Hopefully the weather will hold and we won't encounter much 'turbulance'. The weekend weather looks good though (it is supposed to be 17 degrees on Saturday in Seattle!!).

Ejnoy the long weekend everyone!

18. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Our road trip was super fun and the exhibit was really fantastic! I'll post some pictures on the calgary ff site later this week.

19. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Finally posted up some of the pics from our road trip - head on over to the Tosche site and take a look!

20. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Pictures look great

21. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Great pics, Yrol! Thanks for uploading them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.