main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Second To None--Sacrifices : L/M, TK/J, J/J, OCs: COMPLETE: 3/10/2013 with Fan Art

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Nov 30, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I loved this ending. Even Lumiya got her happy ever after. :D. And you let the Shamed Ones kill Lumiya. Fantastic!!!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Bravo on a wonderful close and on completing such a weighty project =D= Squee on all the happy endings and I thought it was very uniquely coolhaving the Shamed Ones get the one-up and taking out of Abeloth =D= That was just great. I was [face_dancing] and melting especially over J/J. ;) You do bantering romantic Jag very well indeed =P~ @};-

3. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Never thought I'd say this, but great use of the Shamed Ones!! ;) And I love that everyone is having a happy ending. Even Jacen. And Lumiya. Now I'm ready for the epilogue. Great job with this story, gal. You worked really hard on it!! And it was good to read Mark's continuing adventures. I will miss that guy!!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    He will show up in The Journal of Talon Tantiss. And who knows, maybe he will show up in another NaNo story. I have that other career field I told you about that we can focus on. ;) I just have to think of a plot.

5. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Everything is wonderful, which has a happy ending. Jedi_Lover, @};-@};-@};-

Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Hazel, Demendora, Jade_eyes, SiouxFan, ginchy, EmeraldJediFire, and Briannakin for sticking around and reading this story. ACK! This story was way too long. It is around 115,000 words. My longest ever. So here is my mushy, sappy epilogue. I wanted to make sure EVERYBODY got a happy ending...except Abeloth. I hate that creepy thing.

I am still doing The Journal of Talon Tantiss for the Dear Diary Challenge...so we won't see the end of my favorite OC's just yet. There are some references in this epilogue that come from that story.

Once again I wish to thank everybody for reading. I really appreciate it.

~JL~

Epilogue: Five years later.

Mark maneuvered his large frame through the crowded grand reception hall of Coruscant’s Imperial Palace. He flexed his shoulders uncomfortably hoping to loosen up the Aeien silk fabric of his formal tuxedo. He made the huge mistake of not special ordering formal wear. He assumed he could find something off the rack, but he was wrong and now his muscles tightly bunched up under the expensive clothing at the shoulders and biceps and threatened to bust the seams. At least his red cummerbund fit. Up ahead he saw a tall lanky man wearing an identical tuxedo but tailored to perfection. Talon Karrde stood near the open bar nursing a drink and smiling happily. His normally unruly graying black hair was cut short and his goatee neatly trimmed for the auspicious occasion. As Mark approached Talon flashed him a wide smile.

“This must be an exciting day for you,” Mark said to Karrde knowing full well that was an understatement. “Marrying off both of your daughters on the same day.”

Talon gave an astonished shake of the head. “I still can’t believe it. Three decades ago when I was on Wayland I would have never believed two of the men there would end up as father-in-laws to my daughters.” Karrde gave an amused snort. “I never thought I would ever marry let alone have daughters.”

“It is incredible.” Mark grabbed a nonalcoholic drink off of the beverage bar and took a sip. “So,” Mark said casually. “Who’s your favorite inlaw…me or Luke?”

Karrde offered a good-humored grin. “Since you are asking, the answer is you. If Luke asks it will be him.”

“Good answer.” Mark stood and gazed across the room to the two brides. The two women wore similar wedding dresses while their Jedi husbands sported their best Jedi robes minus the heavy cloaks. Thirty-year-old Valla stood next to her new husband, Ben Skywalker. Next to Ben was Valla’s younger sister Zylie and her new husband Talon Tantiss. Both couples smiled happily and Mark could feel through the Force pure joy radiating from them.

He still couldn’t believe his youngest son settled down, but Zylie Karrde managed to tame the young man’s wild ways. They began dating when Zylie started college on Coruscant. When she was on school break Talon would often spend time with her aboard her father’s ship the Wild Karrde. Once he caught a ride to the ship with Ben Skywalker who was then reunited with Valla Karrde. Both boys knew Talon’s girls most of their lives, but with Karrde’s busy schedule they rarely met up with each other until they were older and attending University.

Before long Ben Skywalker and Valla Karrde were dating…and now both men were married to Talon Karrde’s little girls.

Mark smiled at Talon. “Ben will make Valla very happy…he’s a good man.” He gave Talon a wink. “He was my apprentice…so I trained him myself.”

Karrde cocked an eyebrow up. “And what about your son and Zylie?”

“That boy never listened to me, but I wouldn’t worry.” Mark gave a knowing chuckle. “My son will do whatever Zylie wants…I’ve never seen a man so whipped.”

Talon smirked. “You haven’t looked in a mirror lately?”

Mark’s brow furrowed. “Why does everybody think Kira is the boss…we just happen to agree on everything…that’s all.”

“If you say so,” Talon snickered. “Did you go to Talon and Ben’s bachelor party?”

Mark shook his head. “No, he begged me not to attend. He said something about me embarrassing him to death when I went to Anakin’s bachelor party.”

“What did you do?”

He ran his fingers through his beard in thought. “Nothing…well Luke, Han and I went up and sang a Corellian drinking song…and later we got in a fight with a swoop gang…but that’s it.”

“At least you didn’t do The Tantiss,” Karrde laughed, referring to a practical joke Corran Horn had pulled on Mark years ago.

Mark glowered at his friend for mentioning that embarrassing event in his life. “That was thirty years ago…and I still want to kill Corran.”

Talon laughed. “That’s not very Jedi like.”

“That’s probably why I’m no longer a Jedi,” Mark said sarcastically.

Karrde paused and gave him a sympathetic look. “Do you regret leaving the Order?”

“No,” Mark said softly. “We all have to make some sacrifices in life.” He frowned not wanting to talk about that subject especially in public. “Can you believe the amount of royalty at this wedding?”

Talon turned to gaze at the guests in attendance. “It’s impressive. We have Hapan royalty, an Emperor and Empress, and a former princess from Alderaan.”

“And all the new additions to the family,” Mark remarked happily. “Maybe you’ll be a grandfather soon.”

Karrde choked on his drink. “I don’t know if I’m ready to be called grandpa.”

Mark gave a hearty laugh. “You’ll love it. Believe me.” He raised his glass in a salute. “I’m going to mingle with the guests. I’ll see you around.” He gave Talon a slap on the shoulder before leaving and making his way to where Luke and Mara stood talking to each other. Mark could feel the joy emanating from the couple and Mark was sure he saw tears of happiness sparkling in Mara’s eyes. “How are the parents of the groom?” Mark asked.

Luke turned and smiled at his old friend. “I have been waiting for this day for quite a while.” He looked over to his son and new wife. “I couldn’t be happier.”

“Same here,” Mark said before he turned to Mara and gave her a quick hug. “It’s been a few weeks since I’ve seen you, Sis.”

She feigned a scowl. “If you and Kira weren’t always jaunting off to some vacation destination we would see each other much more. Aren’t you getting bored with all the fun and relaxation? Why don’t you come back to the temple?”

Mark scoffed. “So I can go off on dangerous missions and get shot at? No thanks. Kira likes that I’m retired.”

Luke gave him a knowing look. “You can’t tell me you don’t miss the excitement of being a Jedi or your love of instructing young apprentices.”

Mark shrugged. “I miss the students…I don’t miss the combat. That’s for younger men.”

Luke gave Mark a forthright gaze. “Then why don’t you come back as an instructor only?”

Mark shook his head. “No, I will always love the Jedi, but…no, I’m not coming back.”

Luke looked disappointed. “I wish I understood why you left so suddenly five years ago, but something tells me that I don’t want to know.”

Mark gave him a sad smile. “I think that is the Force talking to you Luke.” He drew in a deep breath and let out a soft sigh. “I need to make my rounds.” He turned to leave, but then looked back to Luke and Mara. “Why don’t you come over to the house for dinner sometime next week after things settle down.” He leaned in and gave Mara a kiss on the cheek and then shook hands with Luke. “Take care.”

As he moved away from his friends he felt a tinge of regret. He did leave the Jedi Order suddenly after returning from Lavisar. Luke and Mara were suspicious about the link between Lumiya, Jacen and the Hapan plague and Mark definitely didn’t want to answer any questions concerning that situation. He couldn’t tell Luke he was complicit in a major cover up and if his involvement was ever discovered it would be much better if he wasn’t a part of the Jedi Order. With him gone it would be easier for the public to believe he was working without Jedi authorization or approval. He knew the Jedi would do just fine without him. He wasn’t Luke Skywalker. He wasn’t the face of the Order.

As he walked around the reception room mulling over things he ran into to Corran Horn holding his two-year-old granddaughter. Corran was one of Mark’s best friends, but their relationship was one full of sarcasm, teasing and annoying taunts…like two brothers who love to antagonize each other.

“Hey Mark,” Corran said with a wide smirk on his bearded face. “Look what my granddaughter can say.” He turned to the dark haired girl. “Who’s your favorite grandpa?”

The little girl's face lit up and she squeeled. “Horn!”

Corran turned to Mark and gave him a poodoo eating grin. “Grandpa Horn is her favorite grandpa.”

“That sounds like she has been extensively coached.” Mark held his hands out to hold the little girl. “Jessa, come to Grandpa Tantiss…so I can Force shove your other grandpa through a wall.”

Corran turned away so Jessa was out of Mark’s reach. “No way, she’s staying with me. You’re just jealous.”

Mark snorted. “Using our granddaughter as a human shield.” He shook his head. “That’s pathetic, even for you Horn.”

Corran just smiled. “She wants to be with me anyway.” He turned back to his granddaughter and talked in a sing-song voice. “Don’t you Jessa, you want to be with your Grandpa Horn?”

The little girl giggled and then clasped her two hands onto Corran’s lips, holding them shut.

Mark almost doubled over in laughter. “Ha! Good work, Jessa. Now I wish Jysella and Jaden had gotten married and had kids years ago. I like the way this little one shuts you up.”

Corran didn’t respond to Mark. He was mumbling into the little girls hands making her go into a laughing fit that Mark always found adorable. Corran finally pulled out of her grip and gave her a soft kiss on the forehead.

Mark had to smile at the scene before him. When Jaden finally told Mark he was dating Jysella he was surprised…only because they hid the relationship for so long. For some reason Jaden thought he would disapprove of him dating the daughter of Corran Horn. Looking back at all the snarky comments between the two men, he couldn’t blame his son for believing that. The bottom line was he was honored to have Jysella in the family…even if she came with an annoying inlaw.

“Don’t hurt your grandpa Horn too bad Jessa,” Mark said mockingly. “Remember he can’t do telekinesis and he’s an old man.”

“Hey!” Corran’s frowned indignantly. “Who are you calling old?”

Mark’s eyes crinkled with laughter. “You, since chronologically you are almost thirty years older than me.”

Corran blew out an exasperated breath. “Oh yeah…damn clone.”

Mark chuckled. “Take care of the old man, Jessa. I'm going to walk around.”

Mark turned and moved around a row of tables when somebody punched him in shoulder making him spill his drink. “Hey!” Mark turned irately and found his old friend Deke grinning ear-to-ear.

“Congratulations,” Deke said. “And thanks for the invite…although the Queen still has me here as security.” His face screwed up in an expression of disgust. “That means no booze.”

“Where is the royal couple anyway?”

Deke pointed across the room. “Over there, talking to The Emperor.” Deke said the last two words in a deep menacing tone.

Mark raised one corner of his mouth. “Jagged Fel is a nice guy…he’s nothing like Palpatine.” He gave Deke a sidelong glance. “Anyway, my niece is The Empress.” He lowered his voice jokingly.

Deke shrugged. “It is still hard to adjust to having another Emperor…even if he is a benevolent dictator.”

Mark made a sound of disbelief. “Isn’t Tenel Ka a benevolent dictator?”

“Yeah, but she pays me really well to overlook that fact.” Deke snickered. “Oh great, here comes Jacen with the Heir and the Spare. I better get going and start looking busy.” He gave Mark another light punch on the shoulder. “See you later, buddy.”

Mark gave his friend a wave as Deke quickly moved away. He then turned to greet Jacen who was wearing a uniform similar to Deke’s. It was a dark blue dress uniform, but with more gold trim and braided sleeves to indicate his rank of Royal Consort. He was also wearing his lightsaber. Like Tenel Ka he officially left the Jedi Order, but he retained his saber and took on the leadership of her personal security. In his arms he carried his younger daughter, two-year-old Teela. The toddler had reddish brown hair, brown eyes and the sweetest disposition. Walking next to Jacen was nine-year-old Allana who looked more and more like her mother everyday. Mark could still see the Solo features in her face, but the hair and eyes were definitely from the Djo side of the family.

“Hi Mark,” Jacen said warmly. “I haven’t seen you in months.”

Mark loved his nephew, but he always tensed when around him. He still felt terrible about performing the memory rub…although everything appeared to work out for the best. Tenel Ka announced him as her consort and the Hapan people accepted Jacen readily, thinking he had killed the assassin who dared to attack the royal family. They were doubly happy when he produced another female heir to the throne.

“It’s nice to see you, Jacen. It looks like life has been good to you.” Mark smiled at the youngling in his nephew’s arms and then to his older daughter.

A broad grin split Jacen’s face. “Things couldn’t be better. I have a wonderful wife, daughters and life…and Commander Tavik tells me some really amusing stories about you sometimes.”

Mark frowned. He was going to have to ask Deke exactly what embarrassing tales he's relating to his nephew. “That’s nice,” Mark said tersely.

Jacen laughed upon seeing his uncle’s discomfort. “I assure you he is telling me good things.” His face turned serious. “Did I tell you my memories are coming back?”

Mark’s brows rose slightly. “Really?” He tried to sound nonchalant but was having a hard time doing so. “What do you remember?”

Jacen looked to Allana and reached down to ruffle her hair. “I remember seeing Allana for the first time. My wedding.” He lowered his voice slightly. “My honeymoon.” He gave Mark a quick wink. “You know, the good things. I remember the good things and none of the bad.”

Mark was getting flustered. “Were there bad things?”

Jacen gave him a mocking smile. “I wouldn’t know…I don’t remember the bad things.” He reached up and gave Mark’s shoulder a squeeze. “I don’t know if I ever thanked you.”

Mark was now very confused. “For what?”

“For what you did on Myrkr.”

The blood drained from Mark’s face. “Myrkr?”

Jacen grinned. “You know helping me…with Lumiya…my head injury…all that stuff. Thank you. Thanks for everything.” He gave Mark a look he couldn’t readily identify. “I better get back to the Queen.”

He put a hand on Allana’s shoulder and guided her around. “Come on, let’s go see Mom and Grandpa Isolder.” As they walked away Mark let out a breath. He was perplexed by that conversation. Was Jacen referring to the fake story they fed him after the memory rub, or did Jacen remember everything that occurred on Myrkr? Mark swallowed hard before deciding he didn’t want to know. If Jacen remembered and he wanted to keep quiet about it…that was fine with him. The family finally became accustomed to the false story…it was best to leave things the way they were.

He shrugged off the encounter and started looking for his wife. She was probably holed up with Mirax Horn somewhere gossiping about him. He turned to leave when someone called out his name.

“Mark!” He turned to see Emperor Jagged Fel approaching. Fel was wearing black silk trousers and shirt with a dark purple sash and cape. Over his tunic was a dark blue armored chest plate with gold shoulder armor. Mark had to admit, the one thing that always impressed him about Imperials were their uniforms. They always looked good.

Mark gave Emperor Fel a cordial bow of his head. “Your Excellency.”

Jag smiled. “You don’t have to be so formal…you can call me Emperor Fel.”

Mark wasn’t sure if he was joking or not until Jag let out a chuckle. “In private you can call me Jag. You're family after all.”

Mark nodded. “Thank you for coming to the wedding…Jag. I know my son and daughter-in-law are deeply honored.”

Jag shrugged off the compliment. “Both grooms are my wife’s cousins…I couldn’t miss it.” His smiled faded as his face turned serious. “But that’s not what I wanted to talk to you about.” He looked around to see if anybody was listening to the conversation. When he was sure they were not being overheard he continued. “I heard about you leaving the Jedi Order. Now that I have a son and another baby on the way…Jaina and I are talking about creating our own type of Jedi called Imperial Knights. We wanted to know if you would like a job instructing the new apprentices…Jagged Fel Junior included when he is old enough.”

Mark let out a loud laugh then looked at Fel incredulously, sure he was joking. “Jag…you do remember I helped kill the last Emperor…and destroyed the entire Imperial planet of Byss?”

“Ahh,” Fel waved off the comment. “Everybody thinks Luke did that alone. Nobody knows about your role.”

“Even so,” Mark shook his head. “I don’t think so.”

Jag put up a hand in a halting motion. He reached into a side pants pocket and drew out a mini-datapad. He pushed some buttons and pulled up an image. “This is going to be the new Imperial knight uniform.”

Mark looked at the picture and a grin crossed his face. The uniform looked damn good. It had black boots, trousers and tunic under impressive looking red armored chest, shoulder, abdominal and groin protection. The outfit was topped off with a black cape. He looked up to the Emperor. “Can I show this to my wife?”

Jag nodded as Mark looked around for his spouse. It was difficult to find anybody in this packed banquet hall. He saw the Skywalker twins, Jak and Owen and Skywalker’s daughter Hanna who looked so much like her mother it was uncanny. Anakin, Tahiri and their three children were in attendance along with other Jedi such as Kyp, Zekk, Tionne, Kam, Jem, Cilghal, Valin, Kyle and some college friends of the bride and groom that he recognized but didn’t know their names. Finally he sighted her sitting at a table talking to Leia and Han. “Kira,” he called out.

She turned and smiled with a wave. She said something to the Solo’s before she strolled over to Jag and Mark. “Yes?”

Mark gave her a broad grin. “Jag wants me to be part of his Imperial Knights…this is their uniform.”

Kira’s eyes went wide and she let out an appreciative whistle. “Wow, that is nice looking.” She smiled at Jag. “Even if he doesn’t take the job…do you think we can get one of these outfits?”

Jag gave her a puzzled look. “It will be an official uniform…not something that you can wear in public.”

Kira gave a soft laugh. “Oh don’t worry, it won’t leave the apartment…it probably won’t make it out of the bedroom.”

“Kira!” Mark said embarrassed.

Jagged Fel laughed and gave Kira a wink. “For you, I’ll see what I can do.” He started to go, but then turned back. “Kira, if you ever want a job in the Imperial Palace on Bastion, just let me know. I really need a skilled Emperor’s Chef.”

Kira blanched at the title. Fel must have realized his mistake because he gave her a sheepish grin. “Sorry, I forgot you once involuntarily served as the Emperor’s Chef. Don’t worry…I’m much nicer than the Emperor Reborn and definitely better looking.” He gave her a sincere smile. “Just think about it.”

He gave Mark and Kira a wave before returning to his table. Mark looked over to his wife. “That was a nice uniform.”

She laughed as she leaned into him raising herself up on her toes to kiss him on the lips. “If you’re getting bored with flying around to different planet paradises…we can think about a change of scenery, but we can talk about that later.”

He returned the kiss and then leaned back. “Okay.”

The sound of metal striking a glass echoed through the hall. Mark turned and spotted Jaden clanking a knife against a wine glass. “Can I have everybody’s attention?”

The banquet hall fell quiet as all turned to the Jedi Healer who was acting as Ben and Talon’s best man. Jaden held up his glass. “I want to thank everybody for attending this grand occasion. I would like to congratulate the parents of the brides, Talon and Zara Karrde and the parents of the grooms, Luke and Mara Jade Skywalker and my parents Mark and Kira Tantiss. I also want to welcome our regal honored guests, Emperor and Empress Fel and Queen Mother Tenel Ka Djo and Royal Consort Jacen Solo."

He turned to the wedding couples. “I remember the last time Valla, Zylie, Ben, Talon and I were together at a wedding. It was thirteen years ago at Anakin and Tahiri’s nuptials. We caught an underage Valla and Zylie trying to sneak two glasses of champagne away from the open bar. Of course Talon and Ben stopped them and confiscated their drinks. That resulted in an angry outburst from the girls informing Ben and Talon what incredible jerks they were.” Jaden paused while a few people laughed. “I will always remember their response to the girls' anger. Talon said, ‘Gods, I feel sorry for anybody who dates those girls.’ To which Ben responded, 'I know'.”

Mark chuckled when he saw Ben’s face turn white while Talon’s turned bright red. Both women turned to their husbands and gave them annoyed looks but Mark could only sense good-natured amusement coming from the brides.

Jaden gave his brother a tooth-filled grin before continuing.

“Back then I never thought the next wedding those four would end up at would be their own.” He turned to the brides and grooms and raised his glass. “Here’s to a lifetime of happiness and love for the two couples. To family!”

The guests all raised their glasses. “To family!”

A broad smile crossed Mark's face. Three decades ago on Wayland he was a motherless, fatherless clone floating in a stasis cylinder. From that day forward he had added family member after family member until he found himself part of a large extended family. Life could not get better than this.

Mark turned to Kira and gave her a tender kiss. “To family.”

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    AW! That was a really beautiful ending. I'm glad everyone got a happy ending. Congrats on finishing!!!!!

8. Demendora

Apr 9, 2010
    Congratulations on finishing your longest story! It was a good ride! [face_party]@};-@};-@};-

9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was a wonderful and satisfying ending :D =D=

Loved the pics too.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Mark and Kira [face_laugh] Will enjoy reading details about the Tantiss boys and Ben and their romances in the diary :D

11. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    that was epic...no beyond epic..that was....wow..I felt like crying I was so happy. it was a great dynamic of all our favorite characters and family members. The thing about SW familes..I always thought the close families would have marriages amongst them it seems right

Jedi_Lover and Jade_eyes like this.
  12. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Wonderful!! I am so glad we still have Talon's diary to enjoy Mark in. I'm glad that everyone got a HEA. And Jacen seems to realize exactly what happened and good for him. He can realize just how lucky he was to not be Sith or dead. Excellent work, gal. I know how much hard work you put into this story!! [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Briannakin. This was a whole lot longer than I thought. I guess 50K words of pure dialog equals a 115K word story.

Demendora - Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed the story. Thanks for reading and always taking the time to review!

Hazel - -I am glad you liked the ending. It is a little cheesy, but after the horror of the EU I could use a nice plate of cheese.

Jade_eyes - - I don't think you will see any romance in The Journal of Talon Tantiss...at least not with Talon's future bride because in 32ABY Zylie is much too young to date. He doesn't start dating her until 40ABY. But since we know Talon had a half dozen paternity tests conducted on him I am sure you will see him have some run-ins with the ladies. I think his Journal we will see Jaden, Talon and Ben hang out a lot. Thanks for reading and taking the time to review!

EmeraldJediFire - - Thanks! I am glad you liked the ending. Although I don't mind some angst and deaths in the profics, I think they went overboard. And what is worse is we know through the Legacy comics that things don't get better. This makes me sad because I remember that exuberant feeling I had at the end of ANH...and the only time I felt that way in the EU is with Zahn's books. I almost hope EP7 throws out the EU (although I wish they have Mara Jade and the Solo and Skywalker children, and Talon Karrde would be nice).

ginchy - - Thanks! If I can think of a plot I may continue the story for NaNo 2013 (although I swore I wouldn't do NaNo again. That is a promise that goes the same way as "I am going to stop eating chocolate for my New Years resolution").

I also want to thank SiouxFan for reading and being so enthusiastic about the story. I also want to thank Book-Geek & smash128 for being loyal readers. And finally a big thanks to RedGold who originally came up with the concept of Mark the clone and who let me take her bunny and run all over the galaxy with it. Thanks! [:D]

THANKS FOR READING EVERYBODY! :D

Hazel likes this.
  14. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    That is the one big thing..after NJO well..starting with it..they seemed bent on this dark path..while I don't mind darkness you think it wouldn't have been so extreme frankly I think LOTF should have just been about the second galactic civil war and maybe have the characters questioning allegiences..that still would have fit the title

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I think if the Legacy comics were not considered canon I could handle the darkness. At least there would be some hope that the Skywalker family found peace in their lifetime and there was a happily-ever-after. But if there is going to be a happy ending it is after 135 ABY (or whenever the comics take place). That means the Skywalker family had been fighting for almost 150 years (if you include Anakin Skywalker). And we end up with Cade a philandering drug addict. So much for Luke's legacy. He has to come back as a drug counseling Force Ghost. He can't even retire and have Force Ghost fun with Mara Jade. No, he is busy waking up Cade so he doesn't overdose. Sad, sad, sad.

16. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Luke's parts in Legacy are some of my favorite parts actually. Cade's hallucination of Mara is a fun part too..Many people don't like Cade because they don't like that he's a drug addict but I like a Skywalker that breaks the mold...He's become disillusioned with the death of his father..the rest of the Jedi think he's dead...

17. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    and I had a point somewhere..the thing is, the betrayal by the galaxy wounded Cade's perception of being a Jedi, so he abandoned that path.

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    EmeraldJediFire --Cade was interesting, but I still felt bad for Luke's legacy. Also the entire galactic situation was depressing.

19. Demendora

Apr 9, 2010
    Well, there is a fanfiction, where Luke is an addict himself.

20. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Oh?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
  22. Demendora

Apr 9, 2010
    no! I am talking about "Empire's son" by Pax Blank. But it's still offtop, so I'll just shut up. PM me too, if you want to know about this story. it's wonderful. Okay, I am shutting up.

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
  24. Asajj_Kenobi

Asajj_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2004
    Interesting story. I like the art also.

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    10,000 views! [face_party] I am psyched! I never rereached that level for any of my stories at TFN before. Thanks everybody for reading, especially since this is an OC-centric story! [:D] Original Character stories are usually tough reads, but I guess if you put in enough canon character bootknocking the readers will come. :p