main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga - ST Seize the Dream, H/L for the Memorable Melodies Roulette. One-shot.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 24, 2017.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

AN: This is for the Memorable Melodies Roulette. I got the wonderful "Lady" by Kenny Rogers. :) [face_sigh]

Characters: H/L.

Disclaimer: Borrowing to "fix" things up nice and sweet. ;)

~~~~~~!!!!!

"Seize the Dream"

When Leia fell for him, it was all Han could do to believe it. Cocky assurances aside, he had no real reason to assert that he was the "right guy" for her. He wanted to be, that was certain, but there were times, more often than he'd've admitted, that he felt she was a cut above.

They had made a good life for themselves after the Empire was left to only a few cursory factions here and there, scrabbling after the "good ol' days."

But when they started in on her, blaming her for all the problems with the deluded fools who claimed the Empire was "good for everyone" - yeah right. And giving her none of the credit for all the strides and sacrifices she had made, inadvertently and otherwise, his blood seethed.

She was a lady through and through, and her "I love you" still sent a thrill through his very being in ways hard to describe.

So he swept in from the legit hauling job he'd been on and said, "If we only do it once, sweetheart, we're taking that jaunt in the Falcon where no one would even think to look. I know some places where people can disappear if they really want to for a while, and they're not all seedy."

"I have responsibilities," She began, predictably, but he could tell he had hit a nerve. Their idle dreaming one afternoon had never quite left her, and he could tell she was more than tempted.

Greer could take care of things for a month of Primedays. Or however long it took to put the glow back in her eyes and the spring in her step, and when was the last time Han had actually heard her laugh?

En route to the nicer place to vanish, he thought stopping over at Takadana wouldn't be amiss. Maz Kanata would be a breath of fresh air, besides being a loyal friend.

"You know there are more than few idiots who say you're married to your job and wouldn't know a good time if it fell on you." He prodded. He knew Leia liked nothing if not a challenge, and proving the laserbrains wrong was a worthy one.

Would she take the bait, he wondered.

She chuckled derisively as if to say, "I'll show them" and went to set things in motion.

Han breathed a sigh of relief -- it had worked after all!

He would show Leia a fine time, give her the kind of memories she richly deserved.

+++++++

whiskers, Kahara, Findswoman and 3 others like this.
  2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith C&G Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Mar 13, 2006
    Leia was truly a unique lady to Han and the GFFA.

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Even though Han doubts himself a lot, he is definitely the right partner for her. Brutally honest, very sweet at times and inventive. Besides, he makes her laugh now and again. [face_love]

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Force Ghost star 5

Feb 27, 2014
    WIth all her cares and responsibilities, thank the Force that Leia has Han to keep her grounded and to make sure she doesn't let her become spread too thin. He's the best "good time" that can "fall" on this lady and bring the smile back to her face and the gleam back to her eyes, and she knows it—and thank goodness too for the support network of people like Greer and Maz! Thanks for sharing this sweet vignette of this classic couple. @};-

5. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    So you're going to "fix" the outcome of the Han/Leia relationship as it wound up in canon? If so, good, because that whole thing sucked.
    I like the idea of Han being uncertain about being the right guy for Leia, because underneath all the bravado, the nerfherder doesn't always know where he fits in the universe or Leia's life. But he pushes forward and gets Leia out of the daily rut that drives her nuts. Because he wants something better for her.

6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Glad to see a version of the future where Han and Leia get their happy ending. :) Always his lady! [face_love]