main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

September Meeting at VI

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by he-guy, Sep 5, 2016.

1. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    The September Meeting will be on Saturday 9/17/16 at the Village Inn on Colorado and Mexico. Meal will start around 2. Agenda should start by 3 and be done around 4.
    Possible topics this month: Force Friday 2016, Hauntings, Rebels, Red Rocks, Rogue One & Stranger Things..
    Anything else for the agenda?

AuttyBot and DieWompRatDie like this.
  2. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    Looks good :)

3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    My parents (!) will be in town from the Republic of Texas, so I'm a maybe. Depends on if I can convince them to babysit Logan so FanForced and I can both go...

4. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    There is a possibility that I may not be able to make this one. With that being said, I may need a back-up note taker if anyone is interested or perhaps I can chat with Dale after the meeting at some point. We should add as a topic of discussion at some point how to best support one another when someone is not able to be there. (Good idea Jonathan) :)

5. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Alas, I won't be making it as I'l be in Tiny Town and Dinosaur Ridge with the visiting family. I'll watch for notes.

6. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I will be there.

7. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    It is not 100% confirmed, but I think I should be here after all. :)

8. thebreadnappa

thebreadnappa RMFF Co-CR/Member-At-Large

Sep 14, 2012
    If not, let me know. I'll be out from under my rock and attending the meeting.

9. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Good to hear ;p

10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  11. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    We talked about it, but Jason was the only optimistic about attending with a Friday work day looming. :p

12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Well some of us work Monday - Thursday 7 am - 6 pm with Fridays off. :p

Nerfherders, you in for Toys R Us on 88th Ave and Sheridan? Or a Target somewhere?

Anybody else want to go?

13. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I would love to go but with my job going away in a month I can't spend money. I had so much fun with you all last year I might just come and hang out. I could buy one spectacular item on my TRU card, but won't go bat crazy like last year. Let me know when and where.

14. Tahiri_Solo14

Tahiri_Solo14 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    Unfortunately I have to be at work Friday 5am for a 6am opening and potential fending off of all the Star Wars fans, or at least the ones who remember the Aurora Mall hasn't burst into flames. ;) I'll post a link below of a preview of what we will have, if anyone is interested. I don't know if it's all the stuff but it's all Disney Store exclusive. I'll probably just be dyeing of boredom like last year when we only had three people show up. If you do decide to come early, food court entrance is the only way to get in. https://www.disneystore.com/rogue-one/mn/1031401/

he-guy and DieWompRatDie like this.
  15. thebreadnappa

Sep 14, 2012
    Okay, finally got the notes typed up. Sorry for the delay :confused:

Old Business:
    TFA @ Red Rocks – Anyone go?
    OT @ Paramount – Attendance really low
    New Business:
    SW Reads Day – Need info from DieWompRatDie
    Hauntings @ the Hangar – October 29th. Need # of tables (2?), power (no), and VOLUNTEERS!
    SW Trivia @ 501st Bash (Celebration Orlando) - DieWompRatDie can give details?
    Force Friday – Toys R Us midnight opening?
    Treasurers Report:
    $132.68 in the Bank
    Puzzle patch and shirt run for DCC ‘17/ Star Wars Experience?
    Discussion:
    Rogue One - New stop motion “Go Rogue” stories
    Rogue One – New Composer
    Rogue One – Books to be published in 2017
    EP VIII – Maz returning?
    EP VIII – Trailer rumored for Dec. 20th
    Rebels – Season II DVD/Extras
    Rebels – Season III Thrawn (!!!)
    Rebels – Season I and II Soundtracks release

he-guy, AuttyBot and DieWompRatDie like this.
  16. thebreadnappa

Sep 14, 2012
    Found this, in case you're interested: http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-hasbro-toy-images/

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  17. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Just got this email ad from TRU. Shall we meet at the one we went to last year at around 9:00pm Thursday night? I don't know how early I can get there since I work until 10:00pm and coming from DTC, but it would be nice if someone can get there early to hold a place for us like last year. I'm going just for the shirt and poster!

[​IMG]

18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I have emailed the library (thanks for the reminder) to see what we may want to do this year for Star Wars Reads Day. There's not a specific day in October that Lucasfilm has designated, so perhaps we can coordinate picking one that works for the library.
    How is the Mountain Garrison handling it this year?

Yep, the 501st will have their Bash and Banquet one evening of Celebration and the RMFF trivia game show has been invited to be the entertainment! I have told them yes as I know I'll be there. Hopefully anybody who has helped put on the trivia game show in the past will be able to make it to Celebration and make this a truly awesome experience for the 501st.
    I'm in contact with Ben Townend and with the folks in our FB group about initial planning/logistics. Considering the attendance at this event will be 800-1,000 people and they'll be in tables/teams of 10, we may have to restructure our trivia a bit. Challenge accepted!

Is the next meeting October 15 at Village Inn? Do we want to try and combine the meeting with SW Reads Day at the downtown Denver library?

Was there a group photo taken?

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I think I'm going to pass on Thursday night. Sad as that is.

I'll head over to the Disney Store in Flatirons Mall and see what they've got.
    Honestly, the only thing that jumps out at me is the AT-ACT snap-together model. Not the $300 smartphone controlled one, but the $20 one.
    [​IMG]

20. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    So I may be there. I am such a baby when it comes to bed time. It is honestly still a maybe, but my son wants exclusives as he is the collector in the family. :p

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  21. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I'm hitting Target tomorrow morning as the have a $10 off $50 or $25 off $100 coupon.