main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Sequel to the Sequel trilogy coming?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by chris hayes, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I don't put much weight on whether Lucas, let alone Filoni, like or appreciates the ST. These are the guys who made Ahsoka, hipster clones, and Mortis, among other things. So yeah, not flawless writers/creators by any stretch in my eyes.

As for a sequel-sequel trilogy, I'd honestly only want it if it was a reboot that started things fresh. But if it has to be a continuation of the Rey Trilogy, then at least right some of the wrongs the ST did (ie, let Anakin bring balance and ultimately destroy the Sith, no loopholes, no coping headcanons to explain how Rey destroying the Sith somehow doesn't make it invalid. Just let Anakin destroy the Sith.)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    He didn't really compare Luke's 'arc' to Frodo. He was talking more about 'function' within the story i.e. the character that doesn't get the 'happy ever after' they perhaps should i.e they must shoulder the burden. So again, one can appreciate the principle of the function without thinking it has technical merit. I personally think Luke in TLJ has pretty much no function, which is a major problem with the structure of the story and Luke's supposed 'arc'. I can appreciate what Johnson was perhaps aiming for, but he missed by a huge degree (IMO).

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  3. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    Luke's arc in TLJ is more like if a new protagonist discovered Frodo, and he turned out to be almost as broken and pathetic and Ring-obsessed as Gollum.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Ahsoka i can understand,but Hipster Clones and Mortis are bad? They arethe brst parts of Clone wars. I would say there's almost nothing bad in that show.

5. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    I think there's a lot that's bad in that show. I don't like TCW when it tries to do magic mystic Force stuff out of nowhere.

To be fair to the hipster clones though, I actually liked a lot of clone episodes. I just think the idea of individualizing and humanizing them went too far, kinda to a goofy degree.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I can only get through Mortis by imagining that Obi-Wan and Anakin were smoking death sticks. “Don’t use any of that again, Anakin, it will make you see Mortis.”

I like hipster clones though, and Ahsoka was OK when she wasn’t being used to further a narrative that the Jedi suck. I liked Anakin’s relationship with her.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Dosent Rebels break that little headcanon though, when Ezra goes into the spirit realm.:p

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He could have been on death sticks too. :p

I didn’t like that episode either.

9. Disney Owns Star Wars forever no matter how much time passes i am sure that in 10,20 or 30 years we will see an Episode X, XI,and XII eventually the Skywalker Saga may never end as there will always be nostalgia for more Skywalkers i am sure Disney will want Star Wars to remain active and not be forgotten so im sure there will be new movies the problem will be the issue with Rey will she be the New Skywalker now? could Luke have a lost descendant? will the Skywalkers of future movies be descendants of Rey or Luke?

I think its a bit innocent the idea that Disney will respect what they said in not making more Skywalker movies after Rise of Skywalker im sure there will be a continuation of Rey Adventures sooner or later either in the form of Movies or TV Shows there are rumors that the Rian Trilogy will be a post Rise of Skywalker story with Rey, Finn and Poe

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2022
  10. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I think the Skywalkers will remain relevant to Star Wars in the same way Star Trek is to the 60s tv show that started it all.

The future of Star Wars?
    The Acolyte
    Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (Saga)
    Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (Saga)
    Star Wars: Clone Wars
    Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (Saga)
    Bad Batch
    Obi Wan Kenobi
    A Star Wars Story: Solo
    Lando show (?)
    Cassian Andor
    Star Wars: Rebels
    A Star Wars Story: Rogue One
    Star Wars: A new Hope (Saga)
    Star Wars: Empire Strikes back (Saga)
    Star Wars: Return of the jedi (Saga)
    The Mandalorian
    The Book of Boba Fett
    Ahsoka
    Skeleton crew
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Saga)
    Star Wars: Resistance
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Saga)
    Star Wars: The rise of Skywalker (Saga)
    Director film project 1
    Producer film project 2
    Director film project 3
    Producer film project 4
    Director film project 5

So taking this into perspective, There is so much Star Wars now that i ain't sure they feel they need to open that door to the Skywalker saga which they already struggled to come to a conclusion with in the first place.

When it was just 6 movies and Star Wars was limited to those types of episodic movies, then it made sense to do them like that.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  11. I would like to see Palpatine resurrects again so the new "Skywalker"a Luke descendant is the one who really defeats him i would like Palpatine to be someone who tries to persecute Anakin descendants and that his followers always try to resurrect him if he returned one time why he cant back 2 or 3 more times?

i would also like to see some Villains like the Yuuzhan Vong the Grysks would be perfect since they are practically nerfed Yuuzhan Vong i think that sooner or later we will see more Skywalker movies i think that in the future the Episodes X, XI, XII, XIII, XIV, XV and more will happen Disney can do what they want with Star Wars since its their franchise but first they need to Fix the Post ROTJ and Pre Sequels era and then to a Post Sequels Story

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2022
  12. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    *searches for "hipster clone"*

[​IMG]

I don't recall seeing this in the show.

13. I truly wish and hope the Post ROS World/Timeline expand more i would like to see Stories that takes place in 40, 50,or 100 ABY i would like to see a different Galaxy during these Eras

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2022
    DarkGingerJedi and Lulu Mars like this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Nobody can seriously want to see Palpatine resurrected again, can they?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
  15. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    100 years later. There's a handful of roaming Jedi, doing good deeds and passing on what they know to others. They have a small temple. They follow the force for total guidance, but there's no real Order yet. They're waiting for the Force to send them someone. Some believe - or hope- that The Skywalker will be resurrected and will lead the fledgling order. Some think there's still a Skywalker out there, in hiding, who doesn't know their destiny, waiting to learn the force.

A young orphan with no family gets caught up in some battle and comes across group of Jedi, and they immediately sense that this is Skywalker. Hell, maybe one of them doesn't want Skywalkers to even return. So there's some drama there. The rest are amazed that the Force has finally sent them at last. The orphan is later is sent to Ahch-to, and visits Ghost Luke, who reveals to them who they really are, their family history, etc, and begins their training to finally rebuild the Jedi Order. Blah blah blah. Add in some other twists.

No NR yet. Galaxy is just a bunch of kingdoms. We're back to king/queens and royalty again. But some are ready for a real Republic again. And something will force the galaxy to finally unite once again.

No Sith. No evil Skywalker redemption arc. No Palpatine Returns Somehow. Some new/ancient evil.

Maybe something along those lines.

Lulu Mars and Sarge like this.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Somehow, demand for Palpatine's return returned!

godisawesome and Bor Mullet like this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Demand for Palpatine returning is never really gone.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
  18. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Next trilogy needs to be far away from the ST events, 1000+ years before TPM makes the most sense. More story possibilities and visual uniqueness then a film post ST.

Darth PJ likes this.
  19. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    I wouldn’t mind seeing an ‘origin’ story… and I wouldn’t even mind a cameo, via a holocron or something, in a post ST film/series, but I don’t get a sense that there’s much appetite for more than that amongst fandom. Fandom does love Ian M though…

20. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    An Old Republic story has always seemed like easy pickings. But I'm not even sure current LFL even knows what that is anymore. Joking, of course. It just seems like something they have no desire to explore. Maybe it would be too difficult or risky to make up an ancient aesthetic that still somewhat matches up with the cool 70s/80s vibe that SW has. Instead they're totally fixated on stories set within the movie-verse timeline.

21. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    I think a Jedi, Sith or Republic origin story is about the most obvious goto era one can imagine being ripe for exploration. The dilemma for DLF is that they know they can't **** up the next live action film/films... so I imagine they are very hesitant of kicking off a new era (be it OR or post ST) without a really strong strategy.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Old Republic has huge appeal and dangers, if they ever do it. I say go forward not backwards. Im not against going back, but im more intresting in future. And if you go back and need something familiar, but and world building is not enough, see maybe returning old living characters.

23. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Both options are filled with risk and reward.

Going 'back' 9000 years or whatever isn't really ... back per se. It's an entirely new era far removed from anything happening now. One could connect up to the current era, using the Sith/Jedi war stuff, but not have to really worry about specific cannon and such.

Creating a Post ST era, while creatively freeing, would be way harder to accomplish. They really need to plan it out otherwise they've painted them selves into another corner in no time. You'd still have to worry about making the Skywalker story feel like it went somewhere, even if the story isn't about them anymore. Is the new Jedi Order exactly like the first, or does it have differences? What's the conflict? Who are the dark siders? How are they different from Sith. Another Empire v Rebels? Do we deal with Rey and FInn? Or create something new and leave them behind?

With the right creatives, it could be done. But......I dunno yet.

Darth PJ likes this.
  24. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    This is one of those times where I don’t think there’s actually any risks or dangers in a potential new setting for Star Wars if LFL simply respected and analyzed the previous work they did in the era under Lucas - the Old Republic timeline even has other multi-million dollar companies like BioWare having dedicated significant resources to making the era work for them, and arguably has the highest positive public profile of anything in Star Wars not tied directly to the movies.

Given the sheer amount of material and even the experience various LFL members have with the era, it shouldn’t be that hard to tell enthusiastic writers or directors what the era’s strengths and previous, now-out-of-continuity stories were for brainstorming. Sith vs Jedi, massive Mandalorian armies, melee combat out the wazoo, and Clone Wars-scale wars and factions without the droid armies.

Making a visual difference for the tech and ships honestly strikes me as the one area where I could see risk, especially since I think modern LFL is very much a bunch of well-intentioned Gen X fans still leery of what Lucas did with the PT. And even then, Bioware mostly just added a few more Western aesthetics to a blend of the OT and PT for the Old Republic games without much issue.

…And what the hell, here’s an idea I had for making ancient Sith capital ships:

25. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't think they will plan anything out now really. You would have to assume they were doing a marvel thing where they were building up to some big event. rather than the chances are that they will do different stories in the star wars universe and possible sequels to those particular stories.

Obviously each story needs to stay within the boundary of how the galaxy is at the time. But that's more keeping track of the stories than planning really